- 6+ years of experience, AWS/DevOps Engineer in Software Configuration and Build Release Management
- Experience in building policies for access control and user profile using AWS IAM, S3 controls with bucket policies.
- Developed and deployed web applications on AWS at the production level.
- Good understanding of AWS products including EC2, S3, RDS, Cloud Watch, Lambda.
- Experience in AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) such as creating users, groups, organizing IAM users into groups, assigning roles to groups.
- Expertise in using AWS services including EC2, Auto Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Security Groups, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, EBS, AMI, Glacier, Redshift, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, IAM, SNS, SQS and Direct Connect.
- Experienced with AWS VPC systems administration and security; making subnets, set up peering, ACL's and VPN burrows, CloudFormation, EC2, VPCs and AWS organizing parts.
- Worked on Multiple AWS EC2 instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer, and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost - effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Setting up databases in AWS utilizing S3 and designing case reinforcements to S3 container.
- Experienced in using CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Coordinated with networking teams in configuring AWS Direct Connect to establish a dedicated connection to datacenters.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Chef Server. Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Chef.
- Configured on-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3, Route53, and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Expertise in configuration management and automation using the industry-leading tools such as Ansible and Chef.
- Hands-on administrative experience with the installation of packages and deployment of Applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere, and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Designed and developed continuous deployment pipelines, integrating Git and Jenkins
- Strong understanding of the principals and best practices of Software Configuration Management in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience with Build Management tools like ANT and Maven along with ability to create, debug, diagnose and troubleshoot build scripts.
- Experienced in DevOps practices using AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Experience writing Scripts to handle automation/administration tasks using Perl, Shell and Bash scripting.
- Proficient in using IDE's like Eclipse and NetBeans for debugging and using Java coding standards from the beginning of development.
- Experience of using tools like JIRA, Trello in project environments to create tasks and dashboards.
- Managed and dealt with system performance and monitoring tools like Nagios and Cacti.
- Broad experience in working in Linux, Windows and Mac-OSX environments.
- Efficient in communication, documentation and problem identification.
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53
Operating System: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux & Windows, CentOS, Debian
CI Tool & Monitoring: Jenkins, CloudWatch
Cloud Environments: AWS, Cloud Platform
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, Remedy, IBM Clear Quest
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL, NoSQL, Cassandra DB
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Hudson, Jenkins, XL release and XL deploy
Version Control Tools: Subversion(SVN), GIT, GIT Hub, SVN, Perforce
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, JBoss, WebLogic
Languages/Scripts: HTML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, Chef, PHP, Ruby, Perl
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created a Lambda service to take EBS Volume snapshots and configured Cloud Watch to run the service every hour.
- Worked on Creating a Continuous Delivery pipeline with AWS Code Pipeline to automate builds with AWS Code Build.
- Created health checks on Route 53 and configured different routing policies like Simple, Weighted, and Fail-over.
- Worked on Micro-Service Platform using Elastic Beanstalk, Configured the EC2, RDS, ELB and Auto-scaling group on Elastic Beanstalk.
- Configured the Cloud Trial on the AWS console and created the Cloud watch events to receive SNS Notifications when someone terminates the EC2 instance.
- Working on DevOps with Agile Methodology and tools area (Code Management and build and release automation and service and incident management).
- Implemented various AWS solutions using EC2, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling groups, Optimized volumes.
- Created EC2 instances with various AMI's and Configured Application Servers on the instances.
- Configured Elastic Load balancer for distribution of incoming application traffic across multiple EC2 instances. Configured Auto-Scaling group to spin up more instances on heavy load.
- Configured NAT instances within the public subnet and tested the connectivity within instances within between and private subnets.
- Bootstrapping instances using Puppet and integrating with auto-scaling.
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Puppet.
- Working with several Docker components like Docker Engine, Machine, Creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Written multiple recipes and also customized facts for efficient management of the puppet clients.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Worked with container orchestration tools and concepts like Docker Engine and Kubernetes.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI), Release Management, Environment Management and Continuous Deployment/Delivery (CD).
Environment: AWS, EC2, VPC, RDS, SNS, SES, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CLI, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, Agile, Python, Java, Unix, Puppet, Maven, GIT, SVN.
Confidential, Claremore, OK
DevOps Engineer AWS
- Worked with AWS (Created instances) and facilitated migration to AWS cloud using numerous services and resources which include VPC, EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, S3, RDS, SES, SNS and IAM from the data center.
- Designed Amazon Web Services Cloud Formation Templates (CFTs) and integrated with Chef to build a resilient and fault-tolerant infrastructure for applications.
- Developed and implemented solutions for automating deployment, configuration, and verification of legacy or early stage technology to cloud environments and to support the continuous integration of applications.
- Experience in writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Created AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Created Chef Recipes for automating the Infrastructure, deployment process. Managed Nodes, Runlists, roles, environments, databags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef.
- Implemented a Git mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both Git and SVN.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application servers
- Written Manifests/Recipes scripts to customize the Puppet/Chef as per our environment.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with Puppet automation
- Configured Apache webserver in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and Custom Ruby/Bash Scripts .
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Branching, Creating LABELS, merging of codes on GIT for QA testing and release.
- Installed, configured and maintained IBM WebSphere Application Server V 8.0/126.96.36.199/7.0 x using silent mode and also using GUI mode.
- Installation/Upgrade of packages and check package dependencies of Linux Servers using RPM.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Worked on Design and Automation of UDeploy Application process, component process, Environment resources model and designed UDeploy Processes that deploy multiple applications.
- Worked with development and operations teams to identify, implement, and administrate continuous testing resources, worked on Quality Management tools like SonarQube.
- Created jobs for builds and deployments in Jenkins.
- Installed Docker and created Docker Containers.
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary Plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of enterprise server, network and security concerns.
- Created a virtual machine and configured them to use resources efficiently.
- Setup and administered network file system (NFS) to share data with Linux and across window environment.
Environment: AWS, EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, SES, SNS, IAM, Chef, Puppet, SVN, GIT, Java/J2EE, Nagios, Linux, Jenkins, Udeploy, Web Logic, JBOSS, Windows, Linux.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Extensively used SVN as a Configuration Management tools to manage source code
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process.
- Used Puppet for automation.
- Used Power Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Administered Websphere/Weblogic application Servers at configuration level.
- Server Administration, tasked with the creation of new projects and setting up integrations with Perforce using triggers.
- Managing all geographically distributed perforce servers that include perforce master server, replica servers and proxy servers.
- Working on Continuous Integration and build automation using Hudson/Jenkins CI and Sonar.
- Used Atlassian Tool suite includes JIRA for handling documentation, running automated tests, bug tracking and feature management.
- Worked with DevOps teams to ensure standardization and automation of software build and release processes.
- Designed ClearCase and MultiSite implementation, conversion of archive from StarTeam, and ClearCase usage procedure.
- Used Docker Container to package the applications and deploying them on to WebSphere Application server.
- Coordinate with Development and QA teams to ensure continuous operation of build and deployment systems.
- Worked closely with Development and Release Management teams for creating development and release branches for production releases.
- Helped developers with Version Control system tasks such as branching and merging. Worked on SVN and GIT.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Created and maintained StarTeam views, branches, labels, user accounts, user groups, and passwords.
- Coordinated with QA deployments.
- Setup and configure automated application deployment process through uDeploy (urban Deploy) and resolve any deployment problems.
- Handling source control using Perforce, Git and GitHub.
- Worked on clustering using Amazon Web Services EBS.
- Manages the building and automated deployments of our analytics infrastructure to AWS.
Environment: Java, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, JIRA, AWS EBS, Sonar, Star Team, Agile, GitHub, Perforce,Puppet.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like developments QA and production.
- Involved in setting up builds using Puppet as a configuration management tool.
- Designed and developed shell scripts.
- Hands on compiling builds using pom.xml and build.xml.
- Used the Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Hudson for automating the build processes.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Integrated maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Performed necessary day to day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Created and maintained Subversion/GIT repositories, branches and tags.
- Assisted end-to-end release process from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Executed the planning of product software releases.
- Performed clean builds according to scheduled releases.
- Verified whether the methods used to create and recreate software builds are reliable and repeatable.
- Identified the Data Source and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT according to the build life cycle.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, shell & Perl scripting, Subversion, Jenkins, Hudson, Windows 2000/XP, LINUX, UNIX GIT, GITHUB, Puppet, Chef.