- Over all 6 years of professional experience in system and network administration, managing server infrastructures across multiple platforms (Linux). Nearly three plus years of experience in Cloud engineering, related technologies that includes extensive work experience with AWS components.
- Expertise in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Cloud Implementations.
- Executed tuning activities, develop monitoring processes, and provide performance recommendations for Linux environment.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining Linux servers (CentOS, RedHat, Amazon), services and applications (EBS, EC2, VPC).
- Extensive - experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning, storage & security management and user administration in Linux servers.
- Deep knowledge in building infrastructures with a secure solution for web based applications, multi-site data centers, and protecting/securing data.
- Expert-level Knowledge of Amazon EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, RDS, ELB, SNS and other services in the AWS cloud infrastructure such as IAAS, PAAS, and SAAs.
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, VPC, Glacier, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS and IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Providing Security using IAM, Security Groups and NACL.
- Provisioned AWS S3 buckets for backup of the application.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Architected, Designed and Developed the Backup and Archiving, Disaster Recovery in AWS cloud.
- Managed servers on the AWS Services platform instances using Chef.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef, Puppet. Familiar with build server orchestration.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and for automating all builds and deployments.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Jenkins and custom tools developed in python.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
- Extensively worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Shell and Python.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool: GitHub.
- Good knowledge in administration of MS SQL server and MySQL in AWS cloud platform.
- Provided everyday support of applications and services, resolving functional and performance issues.
- Strong perseverance and diligence towards attaining challenging goals and possess good communication skills and quick learning ability.
Cloud: AWS (EC2, EMR, Lambda, S3, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, EFS, RDS, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Trail, IAM, SNS, Redshift), Azure, OpenStack
Virtualization: VMware Client3.5, VSphere Client4.0
Operating Systems: RedHat Linux 4/5/6/7, Ubuntu, Solaris8/9/10, Unix, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7
Web/Application Server: Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat Server, LDAP, JBOSS.
Monitoring Tools: Jenkins, Puppet, Ruby, Ansible, Docker
DBMS /RDBMS/DW: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2012/2008, MySQL, Teradata
Version Control: SVN, CVS, Git (GitHub, BitBucket), TFS.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Configured, supported and maintained all networks, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2.
- Used Amazon IAM tool and created groups & permissions for users to work collaboratively.
- Managing with Custom AMI’s, Created AMI tags and modified AMI permissions.
- Implementing AWS Security Groups and NACL for Additional Layer of Security.
- Act as the head of embedded security person, evaluate, provide guidance and propose embedded security solutions; advice users, train and educate them to raise awareness about security risks.
- Planning and Implementing, Disaster Recovery and Fault for AWS services.
- Troubleshooting AWS Auto scaling and EC2 instances related issues.
- Auto scaling the instances to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly reliable systems.
- Configured ELB with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Installation of EC2 instances for production, Testing and Development environment.
- Configured AWS Elastic Load balancer and Pre-warming Elastic Load Balancer as required.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets & used S3 bucket and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created Amazon Virtual Private Cloud to create public-facing subnet for webservers with internet access, and backend databases & application servers in a private-facing subnet with no internet access.
- Various production errors are monitored and fixed them.
- Automated the cloud Deployments using AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Utilized Route53 to manage DNS Zones and assign public Domain Name Service names to elastic load balancers IP’s.
- Captured Amazon Machine Image (AMI) of EC2 instance for snapshots and creating clone’s instances for their application elsewhere.
- Build servers using AWS, Launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups Network Access Control List, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Utilized EBS to store repeated data and overcome failure by using snapshots.
- Deployed applications on AWS by Using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver data from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud watch.
- Implementing a continuous delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible in Linux environment.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Bash, Shell script etc.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on AWS and configuration management using Puppet.
- Created deployments in Jenkins and configured various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running.
- User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands.
- Good understanding of ELB, security groups, NACL, NAT, firewall and Route53.
Environment: EC2, IAM, AMI, S3, Auto Scaling, ELB, RDS, EBS, DNS, Route53, VPC, Cloud watch, SNS, Security Groups, Internet Gateway.
Cloud/ Network Engineer
- Hands on experience in EC2, VPC, Routing tables, Internet Gateways, IAM, Route53, VPC, S3, ELB, RDS, Security Groups, and Cloud Watch on AWS.
- Creating AMI images of critical EC2 instances as backup.
- Configure and managing daily and hourly scheduled snapshots backup and Restore the data from snapshots if needed.
- Implementing Cloud formation solutions.
- Setup and manage security groups, VPC specific to environment.
- Manage Red Hat Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2.
- Implemented and supported creating EC2 instances, S3 storage, Auto Scaling of instances and Cloud Watch Monitoring based on requirements.
- Configured AWS virtual Private Cloud environment and networking inside the VPC.
- Changing size and type of instances and volumes.
- Project downgrading low used instances.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Windows virtual servers, AWS EC2, VPC Subnets, S3, ELB Elastic Block Storage, Security groups.
LINUX Systems Administrator
- Worked on Redhat 5.x, 6.x and Solaris 10, 12 and CentOS operating systems.
- Installation, configuration, performance tuning, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Server Administration.
- Installed and updating packages and servers.
- Performed user administrations: add/delete/modify user groups and respective privileges and resource permissions.
- Providing root or Sudo access to users.
- Trouble shoot issues related to servers and checking root logs.
- Installation, configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux/Unix environment.
- Monitoring and implementing System Security protocols and recommended by different security guides.
- Responsible for developing backup policy strategies to ensure data protection for servers and workstations.
- Set up DNS servers to resolve hostnames for both the internal and external networks.
- Preliminary troubleshooting of network and computer problems and resolve or escalate as required.
- Troubleshooting of issues with applications, network, user hardware, naming services etc.
- Documenting software usage procedures, process of installation of operating system.
- Build, configure and manage Web servers using Apache http environment.
- Physical setting up computers servers, software system installation for various computer applications and programs.
- Responsible for 24x7 production support.
Environment: Red Hat, CentOS, Microsoft Server Administration, Linux, UNIX, DNS server, Apache, HTTP.
- Install and/or upgrade Redhat, Microsoft Operating System
- Experience with Microsoft Server Administration
- Assist clients with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers and server’s peripheral equipment and software.
- Install software, patches, updates on desktops and laptops.
- Physical setting up of computers, servers, software system installation for various computer applications and programs.
- Troubleshoot basic network, software, and printing problems.
- Performs virus detection and removal.
- Perform quarterly preventative maintenance assessments on client servers using one path standards and processes.
- Documenting software usage procedures, process of installation of operating system.
- Basic firewall configuration.
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced desktop, server, and network issues. Able to handle most user & server issues before finding it necessary to escalate.
- Responsible for 24x7 production support all-time.
Environment: Microsoft Operating System, Installation, configuration, Troubleshoot, Software usages, Firewall configuration.