- Around 8+ years of industry experience in Linux Administration, DevOps and Cloud Implementations.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of EC2, IAM, RDS, S3, EBS, Route53, ECS, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Redshift, lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, CloudTrail, AWS Config.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, Auto - scaling, Elastic load balancing (ELB) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3bucket.
- Utilized Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones for end users to internet application.
- Experience in Creating JSON templets in CloudFormation to manage AWS resources.
- Used AWS Elastic BeanStalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Python and Docker.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Worked on NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Extensively worked with source code Version Control tools like SVN (Subversion), GIT, GitHub.
- Expertise in using build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle for the building deployable artifacts such as Jar, War, Ear and Zip extension files.
- Worked on Hudson, TeamCity, Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Exposure to Mesos/Kubernetes, Marathon cluster environment for application deployments & Docker containers.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Ant, Maven and Gradle builds.
- Used Ant, Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source codes.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Involved in writing Python and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process, uDeploy which execute the automated CI and release management process.
- Experience in writing Shell, PowerShell, Groovy, Perl, Ruby and Python scripts to automate the deployments.
- Expert in deploying the code through web/application servers like IIS, WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx.
- Developed automated unit tests & functional tests using the test suites JUnit, SoapUI and Selenium.
- Monitored the servers & applications using Nagios and Splunk.
- Worked on creating and implementing application monitoring, and logging strategies using Logstash, Elasticsearch, Zabbix and Kibana.
- Experience in using Ticketing & Bug tracking tools like JIRA and used SonarQube for automated code review.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration in Installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery, and Operating System upgrade on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SUN Solaris.
- Experience in reviewing system logs files for errors, settings up CRON jobs for backups and monitoring process.
- Experience in Setup and maintenance of NFS, DNS, NIS, and TCP/IP network and knowledge in LDAP Server.
- Worked on Installation/upgrading TSM on Unix Servers, Developed and executed test plans for Veritas Cluster with Netapp SAN.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, quickly adapt to new environments and learn modern technologies.
Cloud Technologies: AWS EC2, ECS, S3, IAM, RDS, ELB, Elastic BeanStalk, Lambda, EBS, Redshift, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, VPC, Route53, CloudTrail, AWS Config.
DBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
Tools: CVS, Subversion, GIT, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Hudson, TeamCity, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, Groovy, PowerShell.
Web/App servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat.
Operating System: UNIX, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows.
Confidential - Burlington, MA
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Extensively worked on moving existing on-premises data to AWS cloud storage.
- Maintained and provisioned EC2 instances, S3, IAM, VPC, Route53, ELB, Redshift, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, AWS CLI.
- Implemented cost optimization across different application architectures using EC2 reserved/spot instances and utilize EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Created multiple IAM users and groups to secure AWS resources only for personnel authorized to use those resources.
- Creating S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Utilize CloudWatch to monitor EC2 instances, DynamoDB tables, CPU memory and create an alarm for notification or automated action for better understanding and operation of system.
- Implemented Route 53 DNS service in effectively coordinating the load balancing, fail-over and scaling functions.
- Implemented ETL process to ingest analytical data stored in S3 into a Redshift data warehouse cluster using AWS Lambda MicroServices.
- Designed MongoDB replica-set to store meta-data for multiple applications.
- Designed and administrated databases of Oracle and MySQL to support various web programing tasks.
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Jenkins.
- Configured Jenkins CI tool to automate the Regression testing by including test cases using Selenium plugin in Jenkins.
- Design and Implement Groovy DSL framework (extending Jenkins DSL) for Pipeline of Projects (Build, Deploy, Release).
- Used Nexus Repository and Integrated Jenkins with uDeploy for continuous deployment and Created uDeploy Components, uDeploy process, installed uDeploy agents on both windows and Linux machines according to application team requirements.
- Implemented continuous deployment with Apache Mesos and Marathon by using Docker as a container orchestration for datacenter automation.
- Containerized all the Ticketing related applications like Spring Boot Java and Node.js applications using Docker.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Worked on Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Worked on creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the MicroServices to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Involved in writing Ruby, Python and Shell Scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Used Apache Tomcat and WebLogic as application servers for deploying the artifacts.
- Responsible for maintaining and configuring Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana HA cluster for log management.
- Used SonarQube and JUnit for testing and reviewing the code and code quality in CI/CD processes.
- Managed and monitored the server and network infrastructure using Nagios and Splunk.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
Environment: EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, CloudFormation, Route 53, EBS, ELB, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, DynamoDB, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Groovy, Ruby, Python, Shell, Docker, Nginx, Puppet, Ansible, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic.
Confidential - Bellevue, WA
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, EBS, ECS, Route53, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Lambda, AWS CLI services.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration (CloudTrail, AWS Config), networking services (VPC, VPN) and created roles (IAM).
- Configured AWS VPC with public and private subnets, configured Routing tables, Internet gateway, ACL's, Security groups.
- Established AWS CloudWatch monitoring policies to establish EC2 instance performance benchmarks.
- Created JSON templets in CloudFormation to manage AWS resources.
- Troubleshooting any performance or configuration issues with MySQL and Oracle.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and ElastiCache to perform basic database administration.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN) and GIT involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Creating repositories, branches, tags in GIT and assist the developers to fix merging issues and Creating Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven/ Gradle to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Artifactory tool.
- Whenever a new GIT branch gets started, our CI tool Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new AWS ECS/ Docker container from it.
- Worked on creating Maven scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise.
- Build Jenkins jobs to create Infrastructure from GitHub repositories containing Terraform code.
- Changing the AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with Kubernetes.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container removing, image managing, directory structures.
- Experience in network administration, deploying and troubleshooting of DNS, LDAP, NIS, NFS and DHCP.
- Written chef cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations.
- Created Ansible playbook files for windows server builds, configuration, and application installation and Ansible JSON UI Configuration files for AppHost environment.
- Designing and developing micro services using Node.js and Java technologies with REST based APIs while communicating with each other
- Written PowerShell script to automate Active Directory and server tasks and generate reports for administrators and management.
- Writing multiple scripts on Python, Ruby and Bash Shell for different tasks in company.
- Deployed the Java, HTML applications into web/application servers like Apache, Tomcat and WebLogic servers.
- Installed and Configured Apache HTTP server with SQL and PHP Support.
- Involved in validating Sanity, functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through SoapUI.
- Extensively used AppDynamics for performance monitoring and involved in various performance testing operations.
- Installed, Configured, Managed monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Integrated SonarQube to validate the code quality and block the merge on the GIT.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: EC2, IAM, S3, ECS, EBS, Route53, ELB, CloudTrail, AWS Config, CloudWatch, Lambda, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, Oracle, MySQL, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Cassandra, SVN, GIT, Terraform, Maven, Gradle, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, PowerShell, PHP, Python, Ruby, Bash Shell.
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3 and EBS, IAM, SNS.
- Performed AWS cloud deployments for web applications with monitoring using CloudWatch and VPC to manage network configurations.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) with EC2 Auto Scaling groups.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux and PowerShell scripts for windows to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Writing queries using data-modeling tools to provide reports and information from the Oracle and SQL Server.
- Managed SVN/GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using TFS.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Managed Maven Repository, using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Designing and implementing TeamCity Continuous Integration system like configuring TeamCity servers, TeamCity agents, creating required scripts and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Conducted auto deployment of software applications in secured and managed environment using Docker container technology.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Worked with Puppet and Chef which is used to manage Linux but later versions support Microsoft Windows.
- Automated deployment of IIS web applications, bindings and configuration settings using a combination of PowerShell scripts and Puppet modules.
- Created Perl, Shell and Python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Implementation of horizontal and vertical scaling of WebSphere Application Server (WAS) in a workload-managed cluster.
- Deployed the build artifacts like war and ear into a WebLogic application server by integrating the WLST scripts to Anthill Pro.
- Integrated Testing Tools like Junit which provide unit testing and code coverage with detailed graphical reports.
- Implemented Zabbix, Nagios for network monitoring and application monitoring of multiple metrics of various network services, servers in all the environments.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects and created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
Environment: EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, SNS, CloudWatch, VPC, ELB, Oracle, SQL Server, SVN, GIT, TFS, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, IIS, PowerShell, Perl, Python, Shell, WebLogic, WebSphere, Junit, Nagios, Zabbix.
Build and Release Engineer
- Management of Customer Requirements and documentation of the Project Plan as per the requirements.
- Experienced working with SVN environment and configuring the version tool for the project development.
- Diagnosed and solved Configuration Management issues related to defect tracking and version management, also involved in migration within Version tools like CVS and SVN.
- Branched and merged code lines in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Integrated various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform using Jenkins/Hudson CI tools.
- Configured and maintained Hudson/Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Used Nexus for artifacts sharing and handling dependency management with in the company.
- Customize chef cookbooks and configure chef servers to automate server deployment.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Used Oracle to connect to various databases and to check for the invalid objects after and before each release.
- Maintaining/installing/Patching ESX Cluster on VMware and install Linux virtual Machines over it.
- Worked on Apache and Tomcat servers for hosting web apps.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server in a channel secure environment.
- Used Remedy to track the Change requests and Release requests for all the approvals and signoffs and other necessary attributes.
- Worked with JIRA as Ticketing & Bug tracking tool.
- Installation and configuration of CM related software in UNIX and Windows environments, using UNIX commands and Windows Navigation.
- Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Team activities other than work related, in the process of on-boarding and encouragement were done.
Environment: CVS, SVN, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Shell, Perl, Oracle, VMware, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Remedy, JIRA, UNIX Shell, Windows.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on x86 architecture.
- Installed and configured of hardware and OS on servers, workstations and I/O devices on E4500 environment.
- Managed the User and Application Account creations and deletions for the SUN Servers. This includes setting up SUDO access for DBA and application account access.
- Created mount points for Server directories, and mounted directories on the Servers.
- Co-ordinate with web admin team in installation of BEA WebLogic Server.
- Setup and maintained NFS, DNS, NIS, and TCP/IP network and knowledge in LDAP Server.
- Maintaining network and data security and, Setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other UNIX hosts.
- Building the Red hat Linux server in VMware ESX client through vSphere client.
- Reviewing system logs files for errors, settings up CRON jobs for backups and monitoring process.
- Automated routine jobs by developing Perl and Bash shell scripts.
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL certificates and involved in configuration of Virtual Hosts for Apache HTTP Server.
- Installed/upgrade TSM on Unix Servers, Developed and executed test plans for Veritas Cluster with Netapp SAN.
- Managed file permissions & ownership for important directories & files.
- Administered security, users, groups administration and daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance, and resource monitoring and Performed Disaster Recovery management procedures.
- Administration responsibilities include user, group, disk, and security management, File sharing Permissions.
- Generated reports to show the trends of resource utilization user/CPU/network load.
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications, estimated storage requirements for applications.
Environment: Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware, WebLogic, Sun Servers, NFS, NIS, LDAP, Bash shell, Perl, Veritas Cluster Server, Oracle, Apache.