- 7+ years of work experience in Build & Release management, Linux Administration, Cloud Infrastructure management and Software Configuration Management.
- Configured and managed the Cloud infrastructure with AWS and GCP and also worked on various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Good Experience in design and implementation of CI/CD process. Used Git/SVN as a Version control system Integrated Maven/Ant projects with Jenkins to generate builds and manage the artifacts using JFrog/Nexus repository.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins Freestyle and pipeline jobs for end - to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Worked on different provisioning tools such as Chef, Ansible for managing the servers on Cloud platforms. Well-versed with Orchestration tools Rundeck, Docker, Kubernetes and monitoring tool like Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch.
- Developed scripts to automate the jobs for building and deploy then to multiple environment.
- Expertise in DevOps, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation.
- Strong Development Skills on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, Terraform, GitHub, Clear Case, Build Forge, CVS, Tomcat, JBoss, Linux etc.
- Strong Operational Skills on Cloud Services EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, RDS, Dynamo DB and IAM.
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI like Red hat 4.x, 5.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 13.x.
- Extensive experience in implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (using ANT & Jenkins) in an Agile Environment.
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS.
- Experienced in Setting up Chef Server/Workstation and Bootstrapping Nodes. Wrote Wrapper cookbooks, recipes and utilized community cookbooks as well.
- Experienced in implementing Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins & configuration management tools like Chef.
- Responsible for executing functional software validation testing on a wide-range of configurations and Set Top Box (STB) models.
- Experience as a Functional QA expert in Cable STB functionalities (like VOD, DVR, EPG, Channel lineup etc.) and Video Engineering applications.
- Extensive familiarity with Tomcat, Apache web servers.
- Strong use of Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux and Mac platforms and PowerShell for Windows systems.
- Understands Compiled languages including C C++ C# and JAVA.
- Worked on Database like Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, Riak, Spark, postgresql, MySQL.
- Worked in an Open, fast paced workspace interacting with globally distributed teams establishing SCM Process, policies, and procedures.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing most of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Develop Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Designed and implemented CI/CD pipelined and automated solutions.
- Used Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers.
- Network Deployment Various Operating Systems like AIX and Linux Environments.
- Hands on experience in migrating Business from a physical data center environment to AWS.
- Ability to work on Ansible Confidential high level used in conjunctions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people Confidential all levels and strong communication and presentation skills.
- Drive to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
SCM Tools: Subversion, Git, TFS, Perforce
Build/CI Tools: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Scripting Languages: Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, Python, Perl scripting
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX (Solaris, Ubuntu and RHEL, CentOS)
Cloud Technologies: AWS, GCP
Web/Application Servers: Weblogic, JBoss, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat
Database: MySQL, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server, MariaDB, MangoDB
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Continuous monitoring tool: Nagios, Splunk, Cloudwatch
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, ServiceNow
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Ansible, Jenkins and GitHub, Nexus, Maven and AWS AMI's.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multiple application using almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Managed Amazon Web Service (AWS) infrastructure that automate the Provisioning of AWS Services through Ansible.
- Involved in writing Ansible Playbooks for configuring the Application/Database servers and also to automate the Continuous Delivery process by bootstrapping the nodes with Host servers.
- Integrated Docker Containers based Infrastructure with Jenkins to automate the deployment process.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespaced versions
- Defined and Implemented CI and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure.
- Experience in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in NEXUS repository.
- Developed automated process for builds and deployments; Jenkins, Maven, Sonatype Nexus, Shell Script, Python, Java.
- Maintained artifacts under snapshots and releases in Nexus repository management to share within the company.
- Creation of SSL and Digital Certificates for requesting, generating and implementation for the communications between clients and web servers.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Git, Maven, Nexus, Sonarqube, Fortify, GitHub, JIRA, Nagios, Linux, Groovy, Shell, Python, Pipeline, Elastic Beanstalk.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Provided highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines, MAVEN, Shell.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Developed shell/BASH scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Worked with Chef for all the software configurations and written multiple complex Cookbooks and Recipes for pushing the configurations to various enterprise nodes
- Worked on using Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY
- Scheduled the Linux Cron jobs and Quartz scheduler jobs for various infrastructure automation
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins like FindBugs, Checkstyle and PMD with Maven.
- Configure and Supporting monitor tools like Splunk.
- Documented the entire build and release engineering process and provided on call support.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Maven, Shell, BASH, Chef, Docker, Ruby, Schedulers, Splunk, UNIX/LINUX, Git, S3, Rundeck, JBOSS, Apache tomcat.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Developed builds using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and worked with different tools such as Git, Maven, Ant, Nexus, Tomcat, Terraform and Ansible
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, shell and modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Used SVN and GIT as source code repository. Experience in migrating data from SVN to GIT.
- Experience with version control tools like SVN/GIT and well versed with concepts like Merging, Branching, repository creation and repository authentication.
- Integrated Maven, Ant projects with Jenkins to generate builds and managing the artifacts using JFrog Artifactory repository for continuous integration process.
- Developed scripts to automate jobs for building and deploying to various environments like QA, UAT and PROD.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations of OpenStack Nodes and the test playbooks on AWS instances using Python
- Involved in writing Ansible playbooks to install and configure Apache, tomcat, Jenkins, Rundeck.
- Worked on configuring Ansible Servers, installing Ansible and bootstrapping nodes with Host servers.
- Extensively worked on installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux servers, Apache tomcat and mail server in Linux environment.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating the projects.
- Experience in deploying WAR, JAR, and EAR files in tomcat application servers in Linux/Unix/Windows environment.
Environment: Openstack, Ansible, Git/SVN, Maven, Ant, JFrog, JUnit, GitHub, JIRA, Linux, Groovy, Shell, Python, Pipeline, Tomcat.
Build & Release/ Linux Administrator
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using SVN source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Deployed code on WebLogic Application Servers for Production, QA, and Development environments using WLST (WebLogic Scripting Tools) scripts.
- Worked on the Oracle databases in the backend to execute the DMLs and DDLs.
- Coordinate with BA, Developers and System administrators regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
Environment: Java, J2EE, SVN (Subversion), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Shell/Perl Scripting, WebSphere, Nexus, UNIX, Redhat/Centos.
- Developed BASH, Python, shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Assisting in basic troubleshooting of OS level issues like unexpected reboot, system down, user login problems.
- Setting up user environment according to their profiles and roles.
- Granted access to Share folders and files for individuals and groups as applicable.
- Installation and setting up Firewall (IP tables).
- Performed server’s updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM.
- Ensured server security integrity by reviewing and implementing server policies within the system.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet.
- Monitored and troubleshoot backups and schedule Cron jobs.
- Used bash, awk, and sed to automate most of the daily activities like log monitoring, log rotation and purging, proactive systems monitoring including disk error detection.
- System administration tasks such as monitoring file system size, CPU, Memory and network performance and generation of daily system report.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Samba, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, mail servers and JBoss servers in AIX and Linux environment.
Environment: RHEL/Centos, Shell, Bash, Python, SSH, FTP, Apache Tomcat server, Web Sphere, JBoss, AIX, Awk, Sed, FTP, IP Tables.