- Dynamic, innovative, skilled and experienced AWS / Linux Engineer around 5+ Years in IT industry with Python and Cloud computing infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Administration of correct account creations, permissions, and privileges based on customer's roles and groups.
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, SQS, IAM), focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Excelled on creating AMI (AWS Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling. That Auto Scaling fired up new resources those will by default bootstrapped with the Chef Server.
- Experience DynamoDB projects etc.
- Implemented responsive web pages using HTML5/CSS3, Bootstrap and XML/JSON based SOAP and REST web services.
- Experienced with AWS Toolkit for Eclipse for deploying Lambda projects, Elastic Beanstalk Environment projects.
- Expertise in Production support and Knowledge of deployment using Heroku and Jenkins.
- Wrote Junit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Hudson/Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Experience working in both water fall and agile software methodologies.
- Good experience in developing web applications and implementing Model View Control (MVC) architecture using server side applications like Django, Flask and Pyramid.
- Autom a ted JB oss /T omca t a pplic a tion s erve r d epl oyme nts us ing Chef Manifests. Us ed thes e m a nifes ts to replica te v a rious env ironm ents .
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development, stage and Test environment's carrying on Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Good Knowledge in developer tools like Code Commit, Code Build, Code Deploy, and Code Pipeline
- Good understanding of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), various volume types and utilization of different types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Strongly experienced in debugging disparities in HTTPD proxy configuration while deploying various versions of application. Even created backup for production environment like Blue/Green environment.
- Experienced in developing Web Services with Python programming language.
- Experience in Python OpenStack API'S.
- Expert in implemented different cryptographic algorithms and protocols like DES, AES, Serpent, PGP, IPSec, SSL /TLS using C/C++ on Linux environment.
- Expertise in a good understanding of new hardware security technologies like TPM, SGX, Trust Zone, PUF and Secure booting.
- Experienced in developing API services in Python /Tornado, Node.JS while leveraging AMQP and RabbitMQ for distributed architectures.
- Good experience of software development in Python (libraries used: libraries- Beautiful Soup, Numpy, Scipy, matplotlib, Python - twitter, Pandas data frame, network, urllib2, MySQL for database connectivity) and IDEs - sublime text, Spyder, pycharm, Eclipse, emacs.
Programming Languages: Windows Power shell, python, VBS, C,C++.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, DOM, XML, KML, AJAX, JQuery, JSON.
Frameworks: Django, Pyramid, Flask, Angular JS, CSS Bootstrap, Struts, Springs, Hiberante.
Container Deployments: UDeploy, Docker, Serena.
Application Servers: HTTP web server, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic Server, WebSphere.
IDE's/Development: NetBeans, Pycharm, Pyscripter, PyDev for Eclipse.
J2EE Technologies: JDBC, Servlets and JSP.
Databases: Oracle (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g), Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, MySQL, MSSQL Server.
Analytic tools: Adobe CQ, Google Analytics Fiddler.
Cloud Computing: VPC, EBS, S3, RDS (My SQL), AWS EC2.
Issue Trackers: Bugzilla, JIRA, Junit.
Operating Systems: Windows, Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS and Mac OSX.
Protocols: SOAP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS.
Version Control: SVN, CVS, Git.
Confidential, McLean, VA
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Designed virtual and hybrid IT environments using Amazon Web Services.
- Extensively used IAM feature, created users, groups and roles for access and provisioning.
- Created Simple Storage Services (S3) buckets for data storage, implemented versioning for protection and Life-Cycle Management to conserve costs and for data archival in Glacier.
- Designed networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) feature with and without wizards.
- Created public and private subnets in different availability zones and configured Security Groups and NACL.
- Designed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) with auto-scaling to address traffic and failover/DR issues.
- Created snapshots of EC2 volumes and Amazon Machine Images (AMI) from those snapshots.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Customized and simplified Open Stack dashboard services using REST API.
- Developed the configuration Scripts in Node.JS, mark logic RESTAPI and Management API.
- Developed backend of the application using the Flax framework
- Designed and developed a horizontally scalable APIs using Python Flask.
- Involved in back end development using Python with framework Flask
- Added dynamic functionality to the application by implementing JQuery, Node.js.
- Modularized front end CSS and Node JS code with Sass.
- Built a real time mouse/click user analytics web service with Node.js.
- Used Putty as the administrating cloud environment and as script editor.
- Helped students in learning and understanding AWS.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, IAM, S3, EC2, VPC, cloud watch, Open Stack, GitHub, Chef, Puppet, Agile, Apache HTTPD, Bash, Shell, Flask, Python, PHP, Ruby.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Implemented Restful Web-Services for sending and receiving the data between multiple systems.
- Became AWS proficient and understood AWS cloud provisioning methods to deploy AMIs.
- Utilized AWS Cloud watch to monitor environment for operational & performance metrics during load testing.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS , Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Responsible for automating CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Administer and maintain change, release, and configuration management tool.
- Develop and implement an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet .
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Involved in converting Hive/SQL queries into Spark transformations using Spark RDD.
- Used Django configuration to manage URLs and application parameters.
- Created entire application using Python, Django, MySQL and Linux.
Environment: Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Ubuntu, Linux, Windows, EC2, Chef, Puppet, SWF, EBS RDS, Glacier, ELB, and S3 .
Confidential, Houston, TX
AWS / Linux Cloud Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and Cloud Formation Templates.
- Setup S3 buckets for Artifact management and Storage of batch files for multi cluster batch application.
- Migrated on Premise MySQL database to Multi Availability Zone RDS instances.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as code) using Chef.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Automated CI/CD process using Jenkins, build-pipeline- plug in, maven, GIT.
- Involved in Software Configuration Management, Build & Deployment Management.
- Provisioned AWS environments with the help of Ansible Playbooks. Also Created inventory, job templates and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Worked on writing Ansible playbooks and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower.
- Extensive experience in deploying and debugging of deployments to Web sphere, Tomcat.
- Exposure to different indexes in Elastic search which makes easy search and aggregations to mine any information that is of interest to client requirements.
- Used Chef on AWS platform - AWS Ops Works
- Set up Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on salve nodes.
Environment: Puppet, Apache, VPC, NAT, LAMP, Ansible, AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53, CLOUDWATCH, REDSHIFT, ELB, EBS, DYNAMODB, AMI, etc..,) Cassandra, Load balancer, Auto Scaling, SVN, GITHUB, Docker, JIRA, MAVEN, Jenkins, Bugzilla, Elastic Search.
- Maintain entire LINUX and UNIX pertinent processes as well as procedures.
- Installed/Configured/Managed/Administrated all Unix/Linux servers, includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat (5/6/7), Solaris 8/9/10 operating systems.
- Conducted common, senior-level systems administration functions for different Red Hat Linux versions. Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all patch releases and design various patch installations, strategies and maintain all systems per NIST standardization
- Responsible for configuring networking concepts like NIS, NFS, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, supporting users in solving their problems.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT).
- Worked on YUM configuration to patch the servers to the latest OS/Kernel version.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools and utilities and to maintain shell, Perl automation scripts.
- Experienced in working with puppet, centralizing and automating configuration management.
- Created, installed, WebLogic Application servers, deployed WAR, JAR files on them installed on both Linux, Solaris servers.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts
- Worked with other IT teams, customers (users), and other managers in helping build and implement systems and standards. .
- Worked on installing and configuring VMware/ESX Servers for virtualizations.
- Configured and maintained Network Multi patching in Solaris and Linux.
Environment: UNIX/LINUX Red Hat, Solaris, RAID, GIT, Shell, Ruby, Perl, Puppet, Oracle, VMware, Amazon EC2, Oracle, Java, Eclipse, AWS, Tomcat, Apache.
Jr Python Developer
- Developed a Front-End GUI as stand-alone Python application.
- Debug application deployments on Multiple-levels
- Used Django & Flask framework for API creation and application development.
- Used private Git for the version control.
- Wrote Python scripts for downloading files from 1000+ sites and Network nodes
- Wrote Python script for validating external data after downloading
- Wrote Stored Procedures in SQL and Scripts in Python for data loading
- Involvement in software development Life cycle (SDLC) and participated in scrum meetings with team
- Used Unit Test Python library for testing many programs on python and other codes.
- Created a database using MySQL and wrote various queries for the extraction of data from the database.
- Collaborated with team of QA to build and populate DB and to ensure the standards.
- Implemented Restful Web-Services for sending and receiving the data between multiple systems.
- Worked actively as a part of team with managers and other staff to meet the goals of the project in the stipulated time.
Environment: Python 3.4, Django, Java Script, HTML, Angular JS, JQuery, JSON, XML, CSS, MySQL, Bootstrap, Git, Linux, Eclipse
- Installed and configured WebLogic Server 8.1 on Sun Solaris.
- Deployed WARS and EARS using WebLogic Admin Console as well as running scripts.
- Focal point for project design and architecture for WebLogic Application server layout, which includes Internet and Intranet Web Sites.
- Developed BEA WebLogic Application Server regular administration tasks scripts.
- Actively involved in monitoring server performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck by enhanced performance ensuring upstream queuing.
- Configured the Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for BEA WebLogic Application Servers.
- Create the Data Source, Connection Pool and test the Connection to connecting the DB or Not.
- Creating the User, Groups and Provide the Global Roles for that Groups or Users.
- Create the Connection Pool and Data Source for Connecting the Oracle Database.
- Involved in bridge calls for troubleshooting.
- Created scripts to deploy applications from command line and automate log archiving.
Environment: BEA WebLogic Server 8.1 SP4, Solaris, Windows 7, Oracle11g, SQL Server 2000.