- About 7 Years of experience in IT industry comprising of Cloud Computing, DevOps Engineering,Linux Systems Administration and Network Administrator.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk,CloudFront, Elastic Filesystem, RDS,DynamoDB, DMS, VPC, DirectConnect, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, IAM, EMR, ElasticSearch.
- Created instances in AWS as well as migrated data to AWS from data Center.
- Experience in various configuration and automation management tools such as Chef.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using chef configuration management tools.
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in administration of web servers like Apache web server and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in administering Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery,
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and 6.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space, quotas and process monitoring in Redhat Linux.
- Installation and upgradation of Packages and Patches configuration mgmt., version control, service pack & reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Experience in scripting using Shell, RubyandPython for automated tasks.
- Monitoring AWS and on premise resources using Nagios.
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Extensively used build utilities like Maven for building of jar, war and ear files.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware.
- Experience in configuration of NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, FTP, Remote Access Protocol, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Familiar with all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Team player with good analytical, management, communication and interpersonal skills.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, ELB, Autoscaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Filesystem, RDS, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Cloudwatch, Cloud trail, IAM, SNS.
Virtualization: VMware Client, VSphere Client
Operating Systems: Redhat Linux 4/5/6/7,Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000,XP,Windows 7
Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat
Database Technologies: Oracle,DB2,SQL Server,MySQL
Programming languages: C, C#, Java
Scripting languages: Shell, Ruby, Python
Network Protocols: NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, FTP
Confidential, MD, Sparks
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk,CloudFront, Elastic Filesystem, RDS, DynamoDB, DMS, VPC, DirectConnect, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, IAM, EMR, ElasticSearch.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Develop CloudFormation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Created CloudFormation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Creating CloudWatch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Chef.
- Written multiple recipes and also customized facts for efficient management of the Chef clients.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application servers.
- Worked with a complex environment on Red Hat Linux and Windows Servers while ensuring that these systems adhere to organizational standards and policies.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using Java, writing Shell Scripts on UNIX.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the build environment.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- Troubleshooting various production related outages.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
Environment: VMWARE, Linux, Windows, Tomcat Server, SGI Servers, Centos, Ubuntu, Chef and AWS
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Implemented cloud infrastructure using Chef.
- Created Chef cookbooks for sudo users and network configurations using Chef Server
- Maintaining automated environment using Chef Recipes and cookbooks.
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and Chef Recipes.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines and used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/ Application Servers.
- Extensive experience in hosting applications along with building and testing the applications using Jenkins.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Used GIT HUB as source code repositories.
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Integrating Nagios with other monitoring/alert solutions
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools on Redhat Linux like Nagios.
- Developed Python, Shell and Ruby Scripts for automation and monitoring purpose.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Ability to work with SQL queries across multiple database and applications.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, JIRA, Python Scripting, SQL, Tomcat.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Installation of Ubuntu and RHEL operating systems on HP and dell.
- Installation and configuration of Webserver (Apache 2.2.17), MySQL 5.5 and PHP in a LAMP stack.
- Provided support for server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration.
- Set up and administered user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Assisted in upgrading RHEL 5.0 to RHEL 5.5 and RHEL 5.5 to RHEL 6.0 using live upgrade and manual upgrade.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on DNS, DHCP, NFS, HTTPD.
- Used LVM for the management of logical volumes including creation of physical volumes in Linux.
- Created disk partitions and file systems and extended storage space using Logical Volume manager.
- User Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Yum and apt-get package management.
- Capacity Assessment for new requests of servers i.e. calculating CPU and Memory for servers according to the current/future requirement.
- Documented the procedures and standards for other administrators to follow.
Environment: Ubuntu, RHEL, Nagios, LVM, DNS, DHCP, NFS, HTTPD.