- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Engineer having 7+ years of IT experience in Build and Release Management, Application Configurations, Automating, Managing code from one environment to other environment and looking to implement and enhance work flow of CI/CD and CD process for an organization.
- Expertise in Amazon AWS cloud which includes services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, IAM, RDS, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Elastic Beanstalk, Security Groups, EC2 Container Service (ECS), Code Commit, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, Dynamo DB, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, Red shift.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Extensive experience in working with cloud services/Technologies i.e. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a services (PaaS), Software as a Services (SaaS), Cloud storage services like AWS, EC2, CloudFoundry, Heroku, OpenStack, SmartCloud, Google App Engine, VMware vSphere, vCloud, vFabric, Azure, S3, Google cloud storage, IBM Smart cloud, Rackspace cloud servers, cloud files ..etc.
- Used Rectangular in an AngularJS service to make GET/POST/PUT/DELETE to deal with API request and response from AngularJS to send the request and get the response from Node.js.
- Experience in managing and setting up configuration management with Ansible, Chef, Puppet across Financial, Healthcare and telecommunication sectors.
- Experience in working with version control systems/ source code repository tools like Subversion, Cloudforce, Bitbucket, TFS, Rational Clearcase, Perforce, GIT, CVS, Tortoise SVN, GitHub maintaining/troubleshooting the CM tool in UNIX and Windows environment.
- Extensive experience in Maintaining scalable, redundant, and replicated data systems including, but not limited to Mongo DB, Couch DB, Cassandra, Teradata, Neo4j, IBM DB2, HANA, HBase and data caching platforms.
- Expertise in using Bug Tracking/Issue tracking tools like HP Quality Center, Atlassian JIRA, ClearQuest, BugZilla, ServiceNow, Greenhopper.
- Experience writing XML, Ant scripts, shell scripts, Perl scripts, Java scripts, Python, Ruby, Vagrant, Kitchen scripts to automate the deployments.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE and Ubuntu, Oracle).
- Experience running search indexes (Lucene, ELK (Elastic Search) at scale and Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL, PostGreSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies
- Experienced in Installing, upgrading and configuring REDHAT Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x using KICKSTART Servers
- Good knowledge on web/application servers like Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, RedHat JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, Nginx, Open VPN, Sensu, logstash etc.
- Expertise in design patterns such as Model View Controller (MVC), Strategy Pattern, Command Pattern, Factory Pattern, Inversion of Control and Singleton Pattern.
- Adept at troubleshooting and administering UNIX systems, dealing with networking issues, setting up databases, and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
- Knowledge of enterprise application integration and messaging technologies
SCM Tools: GIT Hub, Perforce, Subversion, TFSCI/CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, chef, Team city, Cruise Control, Ansible,Salt Stack.
Build Tools: Ant, MSBuild, Buildr, Gant, Gradle, make, Maven, Rake
DevOps: Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS.
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, BugZilla, Junit, NUnit, Atlassian, ServiceNow
Languages: Java, J2EE, Python, Ruby, C and C++.
Scripting: Shell Script, Perl Script, Python Script, Ruby Script, Power Shell Script
Project Management Tools: Atlassian Tools, Base Camp, MS Project, MS Share point, SDLC Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, JSON, AJAX, jQuery
Web/App server: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Web logic, IBM Web sphere, IIS Server
Environment: Eclipse2.3, MS Visual Studio, Rational Application Developer7.0
Database: SQL Server, Oracle 9i/10g - PL/SQL, MS Access, DB2, Mongo DB, Cassandra
Operating System: Linux 4/5, UNIX, Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows server.
Confidential, Addison, TX
- On AWS cloud platform programmatically launched instances and used services with API calls, CLI and SDK and Worked in a team to deploy software products on AWS to implement Hybrid model for a company.
- Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) is extensively used as both classic and application load balancer to manage traffic across EC2 instances and applied advanced routing capabilities of application load balancer.
- Maintained application servers, web server and data base (to maintain user access data, metadata or any log data) in the cloud environment. Used multiple availability zones of AWS to provide high availability and fault tolerance.
- Worked on AWS cloud infrastructure to maintain Web servers on EC2 instances with AMIS behind Elastic load balancer with Auto-scaling to maintain scalability and elasticity to scale up and down the servers as per requirement.
- Analyse and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging, building of source code
- To analyse large data Redshift on AWS cloud is implemented which uses Hadoop framework and Elastic map reducer to break large data into small tasks.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures
- Managed and improvised the build infrastructure for global software development teams including implementation of build, continuous integration (CI) and deployment (CD).
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using Subversion source control
- Using Ansible as an automation engine for cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra service orchestration and multi-tier deployments.
- Working in an environment to evaluate new tools like Kubernetes for cluster management advancement in Docker swarm utilization.
- Managed On-Site Applications, Services, Packages & EC2, S3, ELB in AWS by writing Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Maintained various DevOps related tools and scripts on various environments (dev, test, pre-prod, production) on on-premises & cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Working on Kubernetes to build a centralized platform for use across the entire enterprise, container technology as the core of the platform, and deploy Kubernetes to manage the platform.
- Embracing the new ALM tools to improve product life cycle enhancing the SDLC requirements and put forth into utilization for requirements management and test case management.
- Managing the team for Implementing & maintaining the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT as Version Control System for Managed development streams and Integration streams.
- Working closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Splunk is used as monitoring tool for inventory monitoring, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Kafka messaging systems has been used for large scale message processing applications. Kafka with Apache Storm used to handle data pipeline for high speed filtering and pattern matching.
Environment: Ansible 2.3.0, AWS services with CLI, Amazon ECS, Java SE 8, Maven 3.1, XML, Git 2.11.0, Linux/centos 5, Shell/Ruby Scripts 2.3, Python 3.6.0, Tomcat, JBoss, Web logic, JIRA 7.2.x, Docker 1.0, Kubernetes
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Worked on migration from Datacentre to AWS .
- Created Cloud Formation templates to automate EC2 instances. Design user's credentials and profiles using AWS IAM.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infrastructure, Chef -repo and boot strapping Chef Nodes.
- Maintained the user accounts ( IAM ), RDS , Route 53 , VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud
- Implemented customized puppet modules and libraries to meet the configuration needs.
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Puppet .
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Responsible for Continuous Integration ( CI ) and Continuous Delivery ( CD ) process implementation using Jenkins and taking the ownership of automation.
- Created and maintained the Shell / Python deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers..
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion ( SVN ).
- Involved in Process monitoring and debugging using tool such as SPLUNK .
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion ( SVN ) users to effectively use the tool.
- Reallocate system resources as necessary, optimize systems performance, and recommend additional components to improve overall performance
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management and Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Installed and configured Oracle 10g/11g RAC high availability
- Maintained projects, deployment processes, life cycles and variable in Octopus deployment environment.
Environment: AWS, SPLUNK 6.3.x, Puppet 2015.2, JIRA 7.0, Maven 2.5.3., Subversion 1.9.3 Cloud Watch, Shell/Python 3.5.1, MongoDB, RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS, SNS
- Developed Business layer and Data layer with Enterprise Java and Hibernate.
- Involved in analysis, design, coding and testing phases of software development.
- Setting up AngularJS framework for UI development. Developed html views with HTML5, CSS3 , JQuery, JSON, and Java Script.
- Resolved issues and dependencies with components of different subsystems by effectively communication with other groups.
- Evaluated, analysed, and tested web interface to understand and enhance the overall usability of the designs.
- Utilize various jQuery plugins to build Rich Internet Application (RIA) to make it look more intuitive.
- Create and deploy new features in order to sustain and amend existing applications.
- Use jQuery plugins to create autocomplete, validation, drag and drop features.
- Design the email blasts using Adobe creative suite and then implement them using HTML and Java script.
- Involved in User sessions, gathering requirements and developing web application using agile methodology.
- Worked on highly advanced user interface design and development using Angular.js, Node.js, HTML and CSS .
- Used jQuery plug-ins to implement features as a light box, galleria, sliders and other intuitive features.
- Use Bootstrap and media queries to create a responsive website that fit all users and devices from desktop to tablet and mobile phone.
- Involved in developing Web Services and invoking them by using XML, SOAP for creating proxy classes.
- Utilized various JQuery Plugins to build Rich Internet Application (RIA) to make it look more intuitive.
- Responsible for checking cross browser compatibility and hence worked on different browsers like Internet explorer, Firefox and Google chrome.
- Involved in extensive HTML coding. Testing browser compatibility and addressing browser compatibility issues.
- Used CSS/CSS3 to embed the online videos for product introduction.
- Designed the login system using JQuery .
- Evaluated, analysed and tested web interface to understand and enhance the overall usability of the designs.
- As a developer, coordinated with onsite team and client in understanding the business process and requirement understanding.
- Developed web page layouts using CSS mechanism to include different colours, layout, width, height, font size, images size to the web pages.
- Created HTML navigation menu that is role based menu items changes dynamically, derived from the database in the form of XML.
- Developed page layouts, Navigations and presented designs and concepts to the clients and the management review.