- Exceptional Cloud/DevOps Engineer with 8 years of extensive experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances on Cloud environments and Data Centers. Main areas of focus: DevOps, CI/CD pipeline, Build and Release Management, AWS /Azure and Linux/Windows Administration.
- Experience designing and deploying applications utilizing the AWS stack: including EC2, Route53, S3, ELB, EBS, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, KMS, Lambda, Kinesis and focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation, deployment services (OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail).
- Hands on experience in Azure Development: worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual Machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search, and Notification hub.
- Extensive experience with Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Experience in Hudson, Jenkins, AnthillPro, TeamCity and Build Forge.
- Experience in JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Agile software development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, GIT workflow & Version control (GIT/GitFlow) with 12 factors on Cloud Foundry (CF).
- Available immediately. Excellent communication. Will require a phone/Skype interview.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux (Enterprise Linux 4/5/6), UBUNTU, SUSE 8/9/10. IBM Servers, Wintel, HP ML 350 G6.
Source Control Tools: Subversion, Clear case, GIT and Perforce
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, AnthillPro, TeamCity and Build Forge
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
CM Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Rundesk
Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest, Bugzilla
Web Server: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Cloud Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Route53, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, EBS, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, RDS, Dynamo DB, NAT Gateways, Subnets, Security Groups, NACL's, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Code Build, Code Commit and Microsoft Azure
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL, cloud
Networking: TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SNMP, ARP/RARP, IPX/SPX, PPP, IGRP, EIGRP, NIS, NIS+
Scripting: BASH, SHELL, PYTHON, POWERSHELL, RUBY, AND PERL.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Responsible for Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Involved in designing and deploying multi-tier applications utilizing all the AWS services like (EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Designed scalable and highly available Domain Name System (DNS) within AWS Cloud to route traffic to AWS Cloud from users connected using AWS Direct Connect for larger deployments.
- Created scripts in Python Which Integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Chef.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Configured Apache webserver in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Chef Automation.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And, configuration automation using Docker containers. eRoom Coordinator that managed maintained and controlled access to the items contained in the online portal.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with java, PHP, Node.Js, Python, Ruby and Docker on server such as Apache.
- Created Docker file for each microservice and changed some of the Tomcat configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of build platform tool Docker.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Facilitated online collaborations between internal and external business partners by creating eRoom sites. eRoom Administration - Siteminder Configuration, SSO, Diagnostic, Scheduler, Heartbeat and Site messaging.
- Provide direction to internal Information Services organizations to ensure a robust support and deployment approach for eRoom.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Maintained and developed docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written java services, running in Google Cloud (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Migrated .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Developed web service using Windows Communication Foundation and to receive and process XML files and deploy on Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure.
- Design and implement asynchronous processes for delivery XML files (invoices) to Tax Authority. These processes were connected using Azure Queues to communicate each other.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF and Maven in Linux environment.
- Developed and maintained the Continuous Integration and Deployment systems using GIT, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Nagios and Chef.
- Implemented continuous deployment system with Jenkins, AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy and Ops Works, and Packer for deployment of Java Applications.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and GitHub.
- Involved in replacing existing manual deployment and management processes with AWS OpsWorks which uses CHEF to automate how servers are configured, deployed, and managed across AWS EC2 instances.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of Chef Cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Integrated source control and versioning of cookbooks and recipes by using GIT.
- Evaluated Chef Framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers, and used the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, and backups.
- Used Terraform Interface between Jenkins and AWS to implement auto scaling, cloud watch in Jenkins.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS monitoring.
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and take an action on what's important, and stayed up to date with what's going on around the project.
- Used Splunk to monitoring/metric collection for applications in a cloud based environment.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Docker, Nexus, Jira, Linux, python, ruby, WebLogic, Nagios, Splunk, terraform, Apache.
Confidential, Boynton Beach, FL
DevOps Engineer/ Cloud Automation Engineer
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects and monitoring.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Build, deployed and auto scaling experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) for our applications.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Chef.
- Managed Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Worked with DevOps practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Formation.
- Developed scripts (recipes in chef) for automatic deployment of servers and managed configuration files through chef.
- Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Managed Micro Services for development testing and deployment of restful web services by using Docker and Openshift.
- Involved in creating different applications like Kafka, Zookeeper, and Solar and used to expose any route to the external traffic around Openshift.
- Involved in auto scaling the pods and containers during the peak times to handle heavy traffic.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services AWS platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB and Docker registries.
- Managed the configurations of all the servers using Chef configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery. Automated web server content deployments via shell scripts.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2.
- Integrate and implement a complete cloud services framework (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) and cloud deployment model (private, public, and hybrid).
- Expert in performance monitoring tools like Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch and stack driver.
- Configured S3 versioning and life-cycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Performed Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups for different AWS Accounts.
- Configured S3 versioning and life-cycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirement and implement the solutions using build and deployment automation tool Urbancode deploy.
- ITIL best practices were brought in to the normal SDLC process and lead the effort of bringing change in the organization.
- Day to day management/monitoring/troubleshooting of multi-tier applications using Ansible and Nagios in Dev, QA, Prod environments.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autoscaling groups
- Experience in monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer Latency etc.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Integrated JIRA with CI/CD Pipeline as defect tracking system and configured workflows to automate deployment and issue tracking.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud from on-premises.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows
Environment: s: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef Automation, Openshift, Kubernetes, Chef, Cookbooks, Load Balancers, IAM, Nagios, Cloud Watch, UNIX and Linux.
Confidential, Saint Charles, MO
DevOps - Build and Release Engineer
- Worked in team environment to automate the deployments using scripts which execute the automated CI and release management process.
- Created a reusable deploy distribution for the system which can be ported to multiple environments without having the need to run separate builds.
- Version control system Team Foundation server is used for Source code management and integrated to AnthillPro to build the artifacts.
- Automate Deployment on Open stack as well as artifact repository manager Artifactory, using configuration Management tool like Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, managing the Chef Client nodes, and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation
- Provisionary and Providers of Vagrant are used as building blocks to manage the development environments.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using AnthillPro, Chef, Ms Build &Artifactory in MS windows server environment.
- Wrote Bash/Shell scripts, python scripts for managing day-to-day transactions & automation of routine tasks.
- Developed Windows Power Shell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of Windows Helping the Project team to get transformed to Scrum methodology using TFS (Team foundation server).
- Bugzilla is used for tracking bugs and raised tickets to get resolved.
Environment: Open Stack, Power Shell 2.0, Chef10.9.12, AnthillPro 3.7, MS Build, Vagrant 2010, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010, Perl, Java SE 6, Junit, Artifactory, Bugzilla, Web Sphere, Tomcat, python scripts, MS Windows server 2008R2.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Build and Release Engineer
- Classified and identify the configurations Items such as documents, Source Items, Support Items and Archive Items Created Repository structure in the Subversion. And Installing Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Application servers on UNIX Servers.
- Established the change control in response to approved issues and maintained the revision management, base lining.
- Auditing the Source.
- Maintained the Tags, Branching and merging the code in the parallel development of two phases and applied the vendor patches to the Trunk and All branches in Subversion Repository.
- Documenting the process of code promotion, defect tracking and user guide for Subversion. Maintained users’ security on SVN. Worked with MAVEN for building the application, has written MAVEN scripts and shell scripts to automate the build process.
- Ability to execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell Scripts, and JAVA Scripts.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Administering the UNIX, SVN Repository. Migrated the code from other Version Control to Subversion.
- Replicated the Subversion Repositories on to multiple Servers. Created the scripts to automate continuous integration of build to compile the Oracle Forms, Reports and Database Objects. Installed, Configured the Cruise Control to completely automate build and deployment of the web services applications on to Web Logic. Created the process documents and Train the team members. Provided Code Branching strategies for the releases in SCM tool Subversion.
- Worked on Java/J2EE Coding for Portal Applications and Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps. Used SVN version control system to manage different builds for the system.
- Hands on experience in performing tasks in Databases like Oracle, MySQL and MSSQL.
- Software Configuration Management Support with Branching and Merging strategies, Version Control Systems, Integration Management, Build/Release Management and Requirement Management.
Environment: Apache Tomcat, Oracle, MySQL Anthill Pro, Ant, Maven, Web Sphere.
Build and Release Engineer
- Provided CM and Build support for more than 5 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environment.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell.
- Modified build configuration files including Ant build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in,
- Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and production.
- Responsible for the build and release management process, automated build scripts and resolve the build issues.
- Coordinating with development teams to perform builds and resolve build issues.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Provide complete phone support to customers.
- Build artifacts are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and Installed on different environments.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
- Troubleshoot tickets on the helpdesk tracking system.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Worked on the Oracle databases in the backend to execute the DMLs and DDLs.
Environment: ANT, Maven, SVN, Hudson, Web Logic, JSP, Anthill Pro, JIRA, RDBMS, Perforce, Perl Script, Shell Script CVS, Linux, Java, J2EE, and EJB.
Linux System Administrator
- Installation, upgrade and configuration of Red Hat Linux using the kick start installation and SUSE
- Updating YUM Repositories and RPM.
- Created virtual servers on VMware ESX/ESXi and installed operating system on Guest servers.
- Configuring and Maintained DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers, NFS, NIS, RPM.
- Developed shell scripts for automation purpose and Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Monitoring servers using Nagios and writing custom plugins and Maintained JIRA for ticket tracking and work flow.
- Created File systems from local storage as well as NFS partitions for application portability.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Performed configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP and others.
- Implemented LVMs and Raid level concepts in the production environment to the existing Linux systems.
- Involved in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling, Building and installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Administration of UNIX servers like AIX and Sun Solaris in both test and production environment and applied patches
- Build and Deployment of the Linux hardware Nodes to host several KVM templates.
- Created RPM packages using the RPMBUILD and checking the new build packages.
- Maintained user's data backup by creating particular user folder in file server and applying security permission on folders
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck.
- Created and modified user, groups with SUDO permission.
Environment: VMware ESX/ESXi, DNS, FTP, NFS, NIS, RPM, Nagios, JIRA, Linux, UNIX, Sun Solaris, AIX, Putty.