- Over 8 years of experience working as a Linux system administrator and DevOps Engineer experienced in provisioning, configuring and monitoring Linux and windows systems. Good hands - on experience on AWS and various DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Maven for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Experience in utilizing AWS resources like EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud Formation, Elastic Load Balancer, CloudWatch, IAM, Route 53, SQS, VPC, S3, DynamoDB, SNS, SMS, RDS, Kinesis, Code commit, Code Pipeline, Code deploy and Lambda.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing, Post-production analysis of the projects
- Good knowledge on AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud, Terraform and Chef Environment.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Shell.
- Configured, monitored, distributed multi-platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system, Ansible Control server to deploy playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory.
- Experience in working with Git to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in chef automation including writing cookbooks, customized recipes for test driven developments.
- Used Docker for automating the deployment of applications inside software containers.
- Experience in creating Docker containers, micro services leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build micro services on Docker hub and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell and python.
- Extensive experience with software Build automation and standardization tools like ANT and Maven.
- Good knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Git.
- Experience in using tools like JIRA for ticketing.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, HP Quality Center.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, CVS, AWS and Stash.
CI & Provisioning Tools: JENKINS, Bamboo 5.11, Ansible, CHEF, PUPPET.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Docker.
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008, UNIX, IOS, Red Hat LINUX, Ubuntu, Fedora.
Bug Tracker & Testing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Junit, IBM Clear, Quest, Find bug Static
Analytics: SAS Studio, R
Tools: MS Office Suite, Nexus, Atlassian Confluence.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, PYTHON, Spring, Ruby, Objective C, Java/J2EE.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, RHEL, Jboss
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Cloud: AWS, Microsoft Azure.
Scripts: Shell Script, Batch Script, Groovy, PowerShell Script.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Cloud AWS Engineer
- Worked on AWS EC2 instances creation, setting up AWS VPC, launching AWS EC2 instances in different kind of private and public subnets based on the requirements for each of the applications as a cloud lead.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications and terraform.
- Worked on AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability and AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch and developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation templates (CFT) and AWS Terraform.
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed. Created and Maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes. Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations. Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker and Bash.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps, deployments
- Created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives in AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines
- Lunching and Debugging Docker container, Installing/setup Docker host in environment, Integrating Docker and Mesos, to monitor container status.
- Administer, secure, and maintain multiple Kubernetes clusters to support a global service.
- Used AWS S3 to store code bundles to deploy onto AWS EC2 Instances.
- Worked on Ansible for configuration management and infrastructure automation
- Created and managed Docker containers in various hosts.
- Integrated various Docker containers and backed up images using docker swarm.
- Automated installing the Linux packages and administering Linux service using Ansible, and automating product installation configuration
- Written Ansible playbooks to install tomcat, apache, MySQL etc.
- Installed and configured Jenkins on Linux and windows environments.
- Written Python scripts with Cloud Formation templates to automate installation of Auto scaling, EC2, VPC and other services.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugins, and managing artifacts in maven internal repository.
- Manage Red Hat Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2.
- Administered databases using RDS, MySQL and DynamoDB in AWS and executed the DML and DDL scripts.
- Used AWS CLI to create new instances and manage existing instances.
- Work with development, testing, deployment and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Deployed code on Tomcat, WebLogic Application Servers for UAT and Development environments.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, RDS, Terraform, DynamoDB, MySQL, Cloud formation, S3), Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Linux, Red Hat Shell/Perl Scripts, SCM, GIT, SVN Jenkins, Tomcat.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
DevOps /Build and Release Engineer
- Automated deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases in AWS. Deployed web applications and services developed in Java, Node.js, on web servers like Apache using AWS Beanstalk.
- Used BOTO for automating the process and terminating EC2 instances on Amazon AWS and cloud deployments.
- Delivered centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment.
- Provided configuration services on multiple platforms in the test environment running on one or more IT Platforms: Maven, Client/server, Jenkins, MS Build, Microsoft Windows NT, UNIX.
- Performed troubleshooting and administration of Version control tools such as SVN and implemented hook scripts for various usage processes in SVN and assisted teams in implementing Branching and merging strategies along with generating merge reports to assist in merging up and merging down on weekly basis.
- Integrated Maven with SVN to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Configured Jenkins with Git and SVN for appropriate release builds. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Subversion. Maintained Continuous Integration effort with Subversion along with scheduled builds.
- Managed Linux staging and testing environments.
- Installed binaries, configured and administered Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, Git, Maven, ANT, and Chef.
- Configured CI (Continuous Integration) tool for the automatic deployment of WAR or EAR files to required servers, including the shutting down of clusters, domains and services for a clean deployment and startup of new build.
- Maintain and deploy the artifacts UDeploy release build and produce products for testing and use in production.
- Integrated UDeploy, slm team, Ex deploy with Nexus and Jenkins to achieve CD (Continuous Deployment).
- Create and manage daily construction and UDeploy Hudson Heritage status.
- Cloned the projects in Jenkins for the developers and generate the build and store it in the Nexus Artifactory.
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, managing containers, directory structures and removing Docker images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using Docker container for each application tier, Vagrant to run a VM with folder sync and port forwarding and Chef used to bootstrap Docker Containers in AWS and Dev instances in production.
- AWSEC2/VPC/S3/Route53/IAM/Cloud Formation/ELB based infrastructure automation through CHEF, Vagrant, Bash Scripts.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using CHEF.
- Implemented CHEF to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of CHEF.
- Developed CHEF Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat , Jenkins , and Rundeck and deployment automation .
- Create release pipelines using GIT , CHEF for automatic workflow.
- Created Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines for the build and deployment automation in place.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Developed Cookbooks and recipes for automating deployments via Chef.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured it to host the wiki website.
- Introduced effective ways of communication and stream-lined use of JIRA Confluence and to maximize productivity and bring discipline between Dev-QA communication gaps.
Environment: Chef, AWS, Jenkins, Nagios, Java/J2EE, GIT, GitHub, WebLogic, Docker, Nexus, Python, Bash,, Chef Server, Tomcat, CentOS, Unix, JIRA, Sonar.
Confidential, Cary, NC
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, UAT, Production and DR.
- Experience in SCM like SVN & Git.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, QA, PROD and DR Environments.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Used MAVEN to automate the build process.
- Installed and Configured Continuum jobs for automating some build Processes.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR, Class, WAR and EAR files from VOB’s.
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch.
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Configured clusters to provide fail over, load balancing and deployed applications on clusters.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (integration, QA, testing, and business analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Used JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool.
Environment: Ant, MAVEN, SVN, Git, Hudson/Jenkins, UNIX, Apache Tomcat, Shell.
Build & Release Engineer
- Installation and Configuration of RedHat Enterprise LINUX server.
- Installation, configuration and management of Apache and Tomcat servers.
- Setup of build scripts, systems and infrastructure to enable build and release process.
- Build Java files using ANT/MAVEN build tool.
- Implemented MAVEN builds to automate artifacts like jar, war and ear.
- Implemented continuous Integration using tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo .
- Designed and developed Bamboo Build deployments.
- Managed nexus MAVEN repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Experience in handling source control systems Git and SVN .
- Designing, creating and maintaining Git repositories according to the client specifications.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Worked on Apache and Tomcat servers for hosting web apps.
- Created and maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags.
- Branching and merging code lines in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Hands on writing Shell Scripts for compilation deployment processes.
- Communicating with all levels of engineering, management, and developers, testing teams.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, Git, SVN, shell scripting, Subversion, Bamboo, Jenkins, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Solaris 10, Puppet, Apple Applications.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server , YUM , RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6) operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS , Auto Mount , DNS , LDAP related issues.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x