- DevOps/Build Engineer offering over 8 years of experience solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting development and operations environments.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins,AWS and C.M tools in an Agile Environmenttools
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes servers: EC2, S3, EBS,VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, Redshift, and CloudFormation.
- Expertise on using Amazon AWS API tools like: Linux Command line, Puppet integrated AWS API tools.
- Excellent configuration management using Chef, puppet,Ansible.
- Expert in capturing the entire "Infrastructure as Code" using tools like Terraform , Packer .
- Experience in writing basic modules for Puppet and good understanding analyzing manifests and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Chef, puppet and knowledge on Vagrant.
- Responsible for large - scale puppet implementation and maintenance. puppet manifests creation, testing and implementation.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes and Managed many software configuration files by using Chef.
- Migrated services to OpenStack an open source software platform for cloud service design, network layout data migration, automation, monitoring, deployments and cutover, documentation, overall plan, cost,analysis.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, Gradle and ANT as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR) from source code.
- Experience in working on source control tools like Tortoise SVN, CVS, IBM Clear case, Perforce and GIT. Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications
- Designed and implemented container managed unit and integration test framework using Jenkins , Maven , Mockito , Git , JIRA , VMWare Fusion , Docker and Ansible.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Dockerhub and Docker registries.
- Well used and experience in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat.
- Strong use scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash and Shell configuration
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and managing WEB LOGIC, Apache, and VMware Server in clustered environments for High Availability, Load balancing and fail over.
- Proficient in configuring JumpStart and KickStartservers to initiate installation of Solaris and RedHat Linux on several machines at once.
- Implementations of automatic secure SSH Login, User and Group administration.
- Experience in administering VMware infrastructure , including ESX 4.x and 5.x , vCenter, vSphere 5.x and associated VMware products. Creation of VMs, cloning and migrations of the Virtual Machines on VMware vSphere .
- Installation of Packages, Patches and maintenance & RPM updates on Linux.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSql tools such as MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB&Cassandra.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively. 24x7 on call support.
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, Clear case, GIT.
Configuration management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Cloud Infrastructure: AWS,GCP,Openstack,Azure.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo,rundeck, travis CI
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Griddle
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM ClearQuest.
Languages: C++, PL/SQL and Java/J2EE.
Programming& Scripting: PL/SQL, Java AWT/Swing, C#, ASP.Net, XML, HTML, Shell, Python, WLST, Batch, Perl, Ruby.
Operating System: Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS.
Web Technologies: Java Script, Servlets, JDBC, JSP.
Web/App server: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, AWS.
Database: Postgresql, mangoDB, Cassendra DB,Oracle 9i/10g, SQL SERVER, MySQL
CLOUD /DEVOPS ENGINEER
- Creating Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances and monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS , experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS .
- Extensive experience on configuring Amazon EC2 , Amazon S3 , Amazon Elastic Load Balancing IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS
- Managed network security using Load balancer , Auto-scaling , Security groups and NACL .
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets , EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Maintained and developed Docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written Java services running in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Extensively used Google stackdriver for monitoring the logs of both GKE and GCP instances and configured alerts from Stackdriver for some scenarios.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Involved in Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Worked on Openshift PaaS product architecture andworked on creating Openshift namespaces for on-prem applications migrating to cloud.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch on both Linux and Windows servers.
- Container clustering with Docker SwanMesos / Kubernetes.
- Worked with Amazon AWS/EC2 , and Google's Docker based cluster management environment Kubernetes .
- Creating Jenkins jobs and distributing load on Jenkins server by configuring Jenkins nodes which will enable parallel builds.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Managing Jenkins artifacts in Nexus repository and versioning the artifacts with time stamp, Deploying artifacts into servers in AWS cloud with ansible and Jenkins.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant , Jenkins , Puppet full automation , Continuous Integration , faster and flawless deployments.
- Installed and administered GIT source code tool and ensured the reliability of the application as well as designed the branching strategies for GIT .
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories, Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- Experience on working with on-premises network, application, server monitoring tools like Nagios , Splunk , AppDynamics and on AWS with CloudWatch monitoring tool .
- Experienced in working on Scrpting languages Python,Ruby,Shell,Bah.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debi an/Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Experience installing, upgrading, and configuring RedHat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs, enabling cron jobs, enabling System logging and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Experienced working with Logical Volume Manager ( LVM ) in creating physical volumes, volume groups and logical volumes, extending and resizing the volume groups when needed.
Environment: AWS,Jenkins,GCP,Openshift, Puppet,Chef,Docker,Python,Ruby,Linux,Unix,Apache Tomcat
Confidential , Bethlehem, PA
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2 , S3 , RDS , DynamoDb , Route53 , EBS , Elastic Load Balancer , Auto scaling groups .
- Involved in reviewing and assessing current infrastructure to be migrated to the AWS cloud platform.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC .
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers .
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different region.Involved in reviewing and assessing current infrastructure to be migrated to the AWS cloud platform.
- Responsible to maintain the networking form cloud back to On-Prem connectivity and no direct internet access from cloud VPC to the Internet.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python , Ruby , and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our SIT,UAT,Prod and DR environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet .
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform .
- Involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using chef. Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Knowledge of Chef and Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change. Manage deployment automation using Puppet , MCollective, Hiera, Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jira, SVN, Bamboo, maven & Nexus , Puppet in Linux environment.
- Extensive experience in using Build Automation tools like, ANT , Maven, Artifactory and Jenkins .
- Extensively worked on for Jenkins continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS , Tomcat and Apache server instances.
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) with software development models like Jira , Agile Scrum Model, Prototype model & RUP, Waterfall model.
- Secured JBOSS EAP 6 by configuring security domains, security realms, and LDAP authentication Actively worked on DR exercise and brought up applications successfully during DR exercise.
- Installation & Configuration of Apache WebServer and make junction works for the transportation of application through a WebServer.
- Integrated Version Control ClearCase with JIRA (Change Control tool) In order to acquire more traceability of the Issues & changes.
- Worked on python scripts for Websphere deployments.
- Worked on end to end setup of the Artifactory pro as acontainer with a secure private Docker registry and local Docker repositories for storing the built Docker images. Docker
- Worked on deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the privaten Docker registry and deploy to swarm cluster.
- Hands-on experience in Diagnosing, troubleshooting various networking, hardware & Linux / UNIX server services issues and performing preventive maintenance.
- Performing two types of Server migration one from Physical to Virtual (P2V) and another from Virtual to Physical (V2P).
- Involved in developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Monitored the performance of the system using top, sar, ps, vmstat, netstat, iostat and cpuinfo to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, memory usage and network traffic.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Linux systems and maintaining them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.system.
Environment: AWS,Jenkins,,Terraform,Linux,Chef,Ant,Maven,Puppet,Chef,Docker,Openstack, Python,Ruby,Ansible,Unix,Apache Tomcat,JBOSS,Websphere.
Confidential , Atlanta, GA
- Design, investigation and implementation of public facing websites on Amazon Web Services (AWS) .
- Using Jenkins, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS .
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created a universal Cloudformation template where the environment’s values are dynamically calculated based on client specific parameters during deployment.
- Configuration of VPC , security groups, launching instances, databases and configuration of storage in AWS using EC2 , S3 , Route 53
- Worked on the Cloudformation template into GitHub for versioning as part of the continuous integration process
- Supporting/Enhancing Lamda functions in AWS that queries elastic search cluster for producing Servers.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling groups .
- Created and successfully demonstrated the initial POC on AWS Cloud using EC2 , ELB , and AWS API Gateway.
- Wrote a multithreaded process to migrate records from database to AWS S3 and Dynamo DB tables for state storage of activities
- Migrating to ansible and triggering puppet scripts through ansible for some legacy applications and saving all yaml scripts on git lab distributed version control systems, hence running the scripts through Jenkins.
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications.
- Manage deployment automation using CHEF, HIERA, and RUBY.
- Worked with AWS Cloud management and CHEF Automation.
- Using Ansible and basic knowledge of writing playbooks.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications.
- Installing and configuring the applications like Docker tool and Kubernetes for the Orchestration purpose.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new Ansible Play Books.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Expert in Configuring and Integrating the Servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and creating new machines using Configuration management/provisioning tools like CHEF and PUPPET.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge.Upgradation or Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Developed OpenStack infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built cloud hosted applications
- Proficient in using OpenStack services including: Ceilometer, Keystone, Swift.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Wrote custom puppet modules for managing the full application stack Tomcat, httpd,MySQLJava .
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Experience developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NOSQL databases (standalone and RDS), including MSSQL, MYSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB in AWS.
- Created and maintained continuous build and continuous integration environments in SCRUM and AGILE projects.
- Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using VAGRANTandVIRTUAL BOX .
Environment: SVN, Jira, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Chef, PUPPET, Web Sphere Application Servers, Jboss Application Servers, Anthill Pro, Sandbox, AWS, DATABASE, LINUX, VMWARE.
Confidential , Jersey City, NJ
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, SIT and QA Environments.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services . Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and are able to quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Wrote Python Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services & Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Worked on OpenStack and its components like Nova, Glance, Swift, Sahara and Manila.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Chef, Puppet.
- Enhanced Configuration Management using (PUPPET) to assist with automated, repeatable, and consist configuration and application deployments, treating infrastructure-as-code.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Fundamental mastery of the AWS cloud computing platform, and its many dimensions of scalability - including but not limited to: VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, load-balancing with ELB, messaging with SQS (and scalable non-AWS alternatives), auto-scaling architectures.
- Created GIT configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat asapplication server for deploying the artifacts and using configurations of Puppet and Chef.
- Securing Linux servers by hardening the OS using IPtables, SELinux and RKHunter.
- Developed UNIX for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache HTTPD, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS,NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix,Send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Executed the DB Scripts (DML’s), which have dependencies on the code on Oracle DB.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
Environment: Environment: GIT, Maven, Nexus, Tomcat, UNIX & Perl scripts, Jira, Shell scripts, AWS, Jenkins, Cobertura, PMD, Remedy, Find bugs, check style.
Confidential , Lewisville, Texas
- Involved in troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux server issues and hardware issues and replacements.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent.
- Secured Linux servers by hardening the OS using IPtables, SELinux and rkhunter.
- Created customized Kickstart profiles for each server and making ISO to build the server.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge
- Developed OpenStack infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet, or custom-built cloud hosted applications.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Wrote Python Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services &Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Applied patches every quarter regularly to meet audit requirements using Oracle Ops Center, Red Hat Satellite server, Up2Date, YUM, RPM tools.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server builds management, monitoring and deployment By Using Puppet.
- Worked on User account management, and used Perl, shell scripting (ksh, bash) to automate administration tasks.
- Worked on Sub versioning tools Like SVN and GIT.
- Worked on JBoss, Apache, Mail Server, and Firewall in both development and Production. Worked on various scripting language like Bash, Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python.
- Worked on cloud environment, Open Stack and created instances and migrated various applications to Open Stack.
- Worked on Jenkins, Team City and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked with the team to manage the processing of incoming support requests ensuring effective and timely resolution of issues. Coordinate with other departments to ensure problems are satisfactorily resolved.
Environment: Java, Hibernate, Spring MVC, jQuery, IIS 7.0, Tomcat, Oracle11g, HP Vertica, Atlassian Bamboo, Chef, JIRA, Clover, JUnit,Bash,Perl, JMock, Maven, Nexus, NUnit, Moq,Subversion, Git, Linux,Windows,Bash and Python.
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 4.0, 5.0AS, ES, CentOS 5.3/5.4 troubleshooting hardware, operating system, applications & network problems and performance issues.
- Installed, configured and maintained HP-UX Linux and Solaris servers.
- Hand on experience with installed and configured Citrix Xen servers.
- Deployed latest patches performed Red Hat Linux, andKernel Tuning.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on AIX and Suse Linux servers.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Provided production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, and management and troubleshooting.
- Implemented virtualization using VMware in Linux on HP-DL585 and IBM-z/VM series.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area and performed Red hat Linux Kickstart installations.
- Implemented day-to-day tasks in Red Hat Linux that include upgrading rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks, multipathing and LVM file system.
- Worked on Webservers; JBoss, Tomcat 5.x/4.x/3.x & Apache Server 2.x/1. x.
- Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, and firewalls in both development and production.
- Working in experience Cisco IOS/IOS-XR/NX-OS, Juniper JUNOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, and BGP.
- Setup network printers and installed client/server applications. Defined/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS) in Linux and AIX systems.
- Provided support by 24x7 shift rotation basis and pager support.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4.0,5.0 AS ES, CentOS 5.1/5.2/5.3, AIX, Suse Linux, HP-DL585, Solaris10, HACMP, Net backup, SAN Storage, 4.5.5, Oracle 9i, Samba, NT/2000 Server, Websphere, Web Logic 8.1, VMware ESX 2.x, Tomcat, Cisco IOS, Apache Server 1.x,2.x,Jboss 5.0.
- Installation of UNIX /Linux, VERITAS and building various environments.
- Worked on troubleshooting issues related to NFS, NIS, LVM, Grub corruption, configuration & maintenance of RAID (level 0,1,5), troubleshooting VERITAS Volume Management and cluster server environment.
- Performed production support & Systems engineering duties related to Redhat system administration like DNS, DHCP, NFS, NIS, LDAP, user account maintenance, backup & recovery, Auto-mounting, License Management, Printer configuration.
- Interaction with the clients for gathering the requirements, so as to design and plan the software and hardware infrastructure also handled installation and configuration of SQUID Web proxy.
- Disaster Recovery and Change Management: Designed and implemented disaster recovery solutions such as clusters using VERITAS Cluster server for storage replication and to allow seamless failover of IP on the DR site.
- Managed e-mail systems, including POP, SMTP, text, and web-based clients, as well as virus scanning/filtering software; Installed, configured and managed DNS service for several domains; Performed OS installations and configuration for testing and implementing server environment based on virtualization.
- Worked with different Linux Utilities like KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Handled installation and configuration of Sendmail and Postfix.
- Involved in weekly meeting and discussion to change management, datacenter and infrastructure issues.
- To provide ongoing support in systems management and administration of LINUX/UNIX in global-scale environment.
- Provided 24x7 supports for various divisions within the Company and resolve all production issues in a time sensitive environment.
Environment: s: Redhat Linux 3,4,5, Switches, VMware ESX 5.1, oracle 11, VERITAS Cluster Server 5, and VERITAS Operations Manager.