- An IT professional with 10+ years of experience in DevOps methodologies, Designing and Implementing CI/CD Pipelines using latest tools & Technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker, Maven, Jenkins, GIT. Experience in designing the Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- AWS Certified Developer Associate.
- Experience architecting and building solutions leveraging DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Maven and Git/ GitHub.
- Good Knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery methodologies.
- Experience in creating and working with various instances of Linux environments on cloud platform like Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS solutions like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Watch, Security Groups and NACL’s.
- Automated cloud deployments using Ansible and AWS Cloud Formation template.
- Implement and manage infrastructure as code through Ansible.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to automate various deployment tasks.
- Strong knowledge on Ansible Roles, Inventory and Ansible Galaxy concepts.
- Used Ansible Control server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory.
- Experience with docker and vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Deployed Docker engines in virtual platforms for containerization purposes.
- Worked on docker hub and creating docker images and handling different images for middleware installations.
- Good understanding on Docker Engine, Docker hub, Docker Registry, Compose and Machine.
- Knowledge on Docker Swarm, Kubernetes for deploying multi container applications.
- Experience with build management and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Maven).
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to various environments.
- Experience in creating nodes in Jenkins, which distributes the loads and run the jobs in parallel.
- Good understanding on Jenkinsfile which is written in groovy.
- Experience in configuring pipeline jobs in Jenkins.
- Build automation using Maven and implementation of Continuous Integration through Hudson/ Jenkins.
- Experience in code quality and code coverage metrics using various plugins in Jenkins like checkstyle plugin, PMD plugin and integrating with SonarQube.
- Extensively used build utilities like Maven, ANT for building of jar, war, bar and ear files.
- Configuration Management and Source Code Repository management using GIT and SVN.
- Experience in migration of source code repositories from SVN to GIT.
- Strong working knowledge in creating branches, performing merge operations and creating tags for the revisions.
- Written build scripts for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- Worked with Enterprise Repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory.
- Helping testing teams by making sure that all the back - end jobs works effectively at the time of QA and UAT.
- Deployed applications into Non-Prod & Prod environments with different server technologies like Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty.
- Automation of web server deployments via shell and python scripts.
- Good Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Well versed in Agile Methodologies.
- Good understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build and deployment phases of the application life-cycle.
- Possess good interpersonal skills that have been put to good use in coordinating with the Project Teams and providing customized solutions.
- Have an ability to deal with situations where information is complex, ambiguous or difficult to obtain.
Cloud/ IAAS: AWS
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef
Source Code Management: GIT, SVN
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Repository Manager: Nexus, Artifactory
Virtualization Tools: Vagrant, VirtualBox, VmWare
Application Deployment: RunDeck
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, RDS
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty
Operating systems: Flavors of Linux, Windows, MacOS-X
Monitoring Tool: Splunk
Code Quality Tool: CheckStyle Plugin, SonarQube
Scripting: Shell, Groovy, Python
DevOps/ AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Installed applications on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/ storage using AWS CloudWatch.
- Managed servers on the AWS platform instances using Ansible Configuration management.
- Implemented VPC, Auto Scaling, S3, EBS, ELB, CloudWatch and Cloud Formation within AWS.
- Managed and supported AWS Security related issues such as IAM and S3 policies for user access.
- Involved in designing and documenting the deployment and migration process.
- Migrated few applications from internal servers to AWS Cloud.
- Built a CI pipeline using GitLab, Jenkins and Ansible for VM provisioning.
- Configured and deployed various application servers like Jetty and Tomcat using Ansible.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Written/ Developed Ansible Playbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Had done POC on implementation of Continuous Deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow on Kubernetes.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Kubernetes .
- Built deployment pipelines using Jenkins as a frontend for continuous deployment to local staging and test environments and to production environments on demand.
- Deployed the artifacts stored in Nexus to Tomcat Server.
Technologies: Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, AWS, GIT, Kubernetes, RunDeck, Tomcat, SCM, Linux.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins , GitHub and Maven
- Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both prod and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, integration and cost control.
- Designed EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created and maintained Cookbooks and Recipes using Ruby in Chef to speedup automation of various applications, configuration and deployment of software components.
- Responsible for development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate build/ deployment process and perform process improvement to manual processes.
- Used Amazon web services(AWS) as the cloud to migrate existing data from existing servers to cloud.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/ Release Engineering .
- Used Docker machine as a Containerization tool to containerize the applications.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and created master and slave nodes for handling multiple builds installing plug-in wherever required for the implementation of those builds.
- Configured Jenkins pipeline for auto deployment through continuous integration (Jar build, AMI creation, Integration test, contract test, performance test, deploy in Test environment and then into Production).
- Configured & managed source code by Git and resolved code merging conflicts with application developers.
- Installed and administered Git and ensured reliability of application besides working on Git branching strategies.
- Used SonarQube for continuous inspection of code quality, code coverage and unit tests.
- Resolved inconsistencies and system issues in coordination with QA and other engineering teams.
Technologies: Git, Chef, Docker, AWS, Jenkins, Jetty.
Build & Release Engineer
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Build and Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM practices and procedures.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Managed and imported multiple applications into Git .
- Involved in migrating source code revisions from SVN to Git.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of build and release process.
- Build and deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Performed integration of Maven and Nexus using settings.xml and pom.xml.
- Helped in maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts and maintained the source control system.
- Scripting and scheduling Cronjobs using bash and collecting information into logs for analysis on servers.
- Took part in editing Maven/Ant files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Hands on experience in administration of Linux / Windows servers.
Technologies: SVN, Git, Jenkins, Linux, Bash, Nexus, Maven.
- Worked in an IT team in configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining Linux and Unix infrastructure.
- Provide ongoing management, performance-tuning and support for Linux and Unix systems.
- Ensured that assigned systems were engineered, configured and optimized for maximum functionality and availability. Implemented solutions that reduced single points of failure and improved system uptime to 99.9% availability.
- Led enterprise wide hardware/software installations; oversaw major server upgrade/expansion project that improved network access protection (NAP), terminal services and network performance; and integrated new technologies into existing data-center environments.
- Coordination with backup team for recovery of files/ slices.
- Rectified many issues by instituting best practices in system log analysis, backups, network operating center security, user account/ permissions management and systems/ software auditing.
- Troubleshooting of day to day problems including network issues, file storage, application issues and memory.
- Provided systems administration support for Unix systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration, performed regular system backups and recovery procedures, closely following SOPs to ensure system security.
- Created and optimized Unix shell scripts using Bash shells.
- Updated Unix OS patches and ensured compliance with STIG requirements.
- Served on team managing server deployment and allocation of virtual server capacity.
- Responsible for applying security updates and patches on servers, desktops and laptops.
- Escalated IT support for all on premises and remote employees.
- Monitored few IT projects from start to completion.
- Commended for technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective task prioritization; and customer service orientation.