- Over 7 years of experience in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation, Amazon Web Services (AWS ).
- Experienced as a results and quality driven Configuration Management Engineer with demonstrated success in the development, release and deployment of multiple products in Supply Chain Management and Service Industries.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, Build Forge, AnthillPro, Cruise Control and Hudson for build and deployment automation.
- Configuration management using Amazon Cloud Formation, Continuous integration with Jenkins and Bamboo .
- Adept with various version control systems, such as Sub Version, Perforce, Git, TFS and Source code
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS and Digital Ocean.
- Configure Amazon VPC environment and Networking within a VPC.
- Used other source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line application etc.
- Creating Ansible Playbooks , to Deploy VM and install the Components as per requirements.
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups .
- Design high availability (HA) applications on AWS across Availability Zones .
- DevOps experience with Chef, AWS (OPS Work ).
- Installed configured and maintained DNS systems using BIND, Route53 (AWS), and Power DNS.
- Experience in using CVS, Subversion, VTFS, Perforce, GIT and Rational Clear Case on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Experience in setting up AWS environments from scratch and using Puppet, Ansible for configuration management.
- Strong knowledge on cloud services like Microsoft Azure and OpenStack.
- Support the administration in agile software development, testing and production in cloud hosted environment. Hands on experience with build tools like Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity, Anthill Pro, Sonar, GitHub, and u Build, Maven, ANT and NANT.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet .
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture ( AWS Lambda, kinesis ) deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation .
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesos(Mesosphere ) and Kubernetes .
- Hands on experience with WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic deployments .
- Good experience on Linux environments .
- Building and deployment of EAR, WAR, JAR files on test & stage systems on Application Servers.
- Participated in on-call rotation to provide 24×7 technical support.
SCM Tool: GIT, Subversion (SVN), Hudson, Jira
Build Tool: Ant, Maven, Quick BuildServers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, AnthillPro, Hudson, Bamboo, Teamcity
Languages: Shell, Java, J2EE, python, ruby, Json, Perl
Web Technologies: JDK 1.4/1.5/1.6 HTML, XML.
Version Control: SVN, CVS
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows
Database System: My SQL 5.6, DB2, Aurora DB, SQL server
Build Tools / Release: Engineering / DevOps, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform.
Cloud platform: AWS, EC2, VPC, Autoscaling, ELB, RDS, DynamoDB, Route53,S3,RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, OpsWorks and Cloud Formation, IAM, lambda, Cloudwatch and CloudTrail.
Confidential, North Andover, MA
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment solutions to target environments.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Auto scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS lambda to store the values the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins , Chef , Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Experienced in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS lambda with Amazon kinesis.
- Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, MS Build , and Subversion.
- Implemented Mesosphere log rotation for stdout and sterr of Docker containers.
- Automate operations processes using lambda, CloudWatch Events , Schedules .
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes. And AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Creating Cloud watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Convey and screen versatile framework on Amazon web administrations (AWS) and arrangement administration utilizing Puppet
- Created a custom Puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all Puppet modules.
- Implemented Puppet to separate data from Puppet code.
- Experience in Implementing Configuration Management tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Configuration and troubleshooting for Red Hat Linux.
Environment: EC2, Chef, AWS, Chef, Puppet, Memo sphere, ELB, Terraform, VPC, S3, Red Hat Linux, Git/SVN, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, shell scripting, Ruby, python.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Implementation and support of systems in Test/UAT/Production environments ( SDLC ) and Continuous monitoring of server process.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration infrastructure and automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments.
- Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS , creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Implemented Index Strategy on AWS Environment.
- Worked on AWS API Gateway for custom domain and Record sets in Amazon Route53 for applications hosted in AWS Environment .
- Create, maintain, and grow cloud infrastructure to ensure maximum productivity for customers.
- Provided operational support, and implement policies and procedures to ensure consistency with company values and goals.
- Deployed the initial Azure components like Networks, Gateway, Storage and Affinity groups.
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB and Elasti Cache to perform basic database administration.
- Maintained two Jenkin server and one Bamboo server to deploy into production and non-production environments.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Expertise in building, deploying, configuring .NET Applications with CI/CD, Cloud- Tools like Jenkins and Azure .
- Used Microsoft a cloud computing service based on Infrastructure-as-a-service model used for users to launch Microsoft-Windows and Linux virtual machines and for deploying of Websites in Azure with Integration with PowerShell .
- Migrated Jenkins plans from one of the Jenkins to Bamboo .
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like GitHub, SVN .
- Written shell scripts for automating logs backup and archiving.
- Manage VMware Infrastructure clusters on Test/Development environments.
- Experience working with VMware tools like vCenter and vSphere to manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes and experience working vMotion.
- Experienced in supporting database systems including Oracle, MySQL on Linux/Unix, and Windows environment.
- Provide responsive off-hours support in a 24 / 7 environment and ensure maximum availability of all servers and applications .
Environment: Apache MAVEN, AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS, AWS EBS, Route53, Python, GitHub, Oracle, MySQL, Kubernetes, ANT, Bamboo, Jenkins, shell scripting, Ansible.
- Worked with Product Engineering Team and getting certified products for installations.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring collection of metrics and monitoring.
- Puppet manifests are tested initially before puppet agent using Puppet apply and testing using beaker.
- Running Automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible.
- Chef and Puppet pilot project was implemented initially for operations delivery on open source projects with Apache and JBOSS.
- Created continuous integration system using ANT , Jenkins , Puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and TeamCity .
- Deployed Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Configured Bamboo Artifactory plug-in to upload the artefacts on to Artifactory after the build is success.
- Created best practices for branching, tagging & merging strategy to maintain the source code in the SVN & Git VCS .
- Researched and troubleshooting emerging application issues, from Weblogic configuration to code issues.
- Analyzing thread dump and heap dump for Weblogic application server.
- Source code management is performed using git from master repository.
- Created a graph to visualize your infrastructure with terraform is very simple, a one-liner in fact.
- Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue.
- Installing packages for JBOSS 7, Tomcat 7, and Apache 2.4 by generating modules and writing manifests on RHEL 6.6, Ubuntu 14.04 for around 400 instances.
- Upload the latest binary codes to deploy tool and deploy the codes to all Preprod, dev and test environment.
- Configuring and monitoring all servers using Nagios, Splunk monitor tool.
- Worked on various resource types like host, cron, Ssh, exec, yum, apt-get, user and updating the attributes (subscribe, notify, before) as per requisite.
Environment: Puppet, Bamboo, Ansible, Redhat Linux, SUN Solaris 2.x, Windows 2003 server, Weblogic Application Server, Git, Jenkins/Hudson, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python, Oracle 9i.
Build & Release Engineer
- Provided 'Manual', 'Continuous Integration', 'Gated Check-in' and 'Schedule' builds (along with the option to force builds on that schedule even if no changes occurred since the last build )
- Created builds and deployed builds to different environments based on requests.
- Administered and maintained source code repositories using Git and Stash .
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process .
- Created GIT repositories with standard directory layout of trunk, branches, tags and customized directory based on business/project need.
- Written Shell Scripts to restore Jenkins and GitHub from daily backups.
- Performed re-starts, xml, and environment properties, configuration changes.
- Actively worked with various teams to create new Jenkins build and deployment jobs according to their requirements.
- I Used tracking tool JIRA and triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Documented build process, branching strategy and continuous integration design and setup along with deployment instructions for QA.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as a build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in building and deploying EAR/WAR files with configuration settings.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams ( Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis ) in geographically separated environment.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Developed UNIX and Bash scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Used Docker environment host inside of a Docker host (Docker-in- Docker) for their build environments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release
Environment: Puppet, GIT, Stash, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, JIRA, Bash, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, QA, Testing, Business Analysis.
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed build and Release processes. Perform softwarebuildusing Clear Case as version control tool.
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment.
- Configured and administered Octopus tool for deployments and created NuGet packages for deployment in DEV, QA, UAT, PTE and PROD .
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts forbuildand Release tasks.
- Release Merged Release branches to the trunk after the production Release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in subversion.
- Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT .
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automated builds for projects written in java, C/C++, PHP, HTML/CSS, using Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins& Puppet to perform automated CI builds and Deployments.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development ofbuild artifacts on the source code.
- Worked on Software Configuration Management(SCM) in Agile, Scrum, Clearcase, Clearcase to Stash Migration.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Worked with Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Kafka open source technologies .
- Performed and deployed build for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments .
Environment: - Agile, GIT, Jenkins, Octopus, Puppet, Jira, Maven, ANT, Unix, Shell Scripting.