- DevOps Engineer with 7+ years of experience in Build and Release management involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments.
- Experience in Utilize configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet, Powershell, DST, Etc.)
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience in setting up AWS environments from scratch and using Puppet, Ansible for configuration management.
- Extensively worked in developing modules in Puppet& Chef to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration management across the environment. Good knowledge in Ansible.
- Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, and SSL/TLS.
- Managed environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experience in Installing, operating and troubleshooting cloud environment using OpenStack GUI and CLI.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management ( SCM ) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies
- Best practices approach to systems deployment with tools like vagrant and test-kitchen and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Experience with Azure networking which includes Network Security Groups experience.
- Good knowledge of Azure architecture from a networking standpoint.
- Extensive experience on Linux, UNIX administration, AWS, Terraform and support .
- Expertise with UNIX and Windows environments including shell and Python scripts, perforce, SVN (Subversion), Perforce, GIT, Build forge and TFS .
- Experienced in Docker container, Configured and setup Kubernetes Cluster environment with a master and 3 minions.
- Continuous delivery with Jenkins and Kubernetes: A reference implementation for running a continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins Workflow on Kubernetes.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AMI’s .
- Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experience in deploying Java applications in web application servers.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, EBS, RDS, IAM and Cloud Formation.
- Implemented and supported CI process via and Bamboo for several java applications including setting uppipeline jobs and downstream job configurations in Jenkins.
- Involved in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53, Cloud Watch in AWS.
- Managed UbuntuLinux and Windows virtual servers ( Rack space and AWS EC2 ) with Chef using Git.
SCM Tool: Subversion, GIT, Clear case
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, U Deploy, Bamboo, Build Tool Ant, Maven
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Junit
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Gradle, Terraform
Project Management: Base Camp, MS Project, Atlassian Tools, Demandware
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Web Service Tools: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, IBM Web sphere, IIS Server
Languages/Utilities: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Ruby, Perl, Python, java
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata
Monitoring and Profiling Tools: Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux (red hat), Ubuntu, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8, IOS
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, VPN, FTP, SSH, WinSCP, Telnet, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, STP, PVSTP, RIP, RIPv2.
Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, ELB, Autoscaling Servers, Glacier, Storage Lifecycle rules, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Functional knowledge of Import/Export Snowball, ElastiCache, RDS, Redshift, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Cloudwatch, Cloud trail, opswork, IAM &Roles, SNS subscription service
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Responsible for Development, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING, PRODUCTION Builds, Releases.
- Deployed built artifacts to WebLogic application server using MAVEN.
- Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins).
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files n glacier.
- Used Cloud formation and launch configurations to automate repeatable provisioning of AWS resources for applications.
- Good experience with Dynamo DB, Redshift and Amazon EMR .
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and AnthillPro for CI and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Developed Azure API Management (APIM) Publisher portal and Developer portal for hosting APIs.
- Created Azure Powers hell script for APIM backup and restore operations
- Worked on various programming and scripting languages especially Shell and Python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services on AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Executed XML, Ant Scripts, Perl, Python, Shell Scripts and JAVA Scripts
- Involved in deploying JBoss, IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic
- Installed and configured Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, BuildForge, AnthillPro, CruiseControl and Hudson for build and deployment automation.
- Experience in working with Ticketing Tools like JIRA, RedMine, and Bugzilla
- Configuring and managing Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Having work experience in support of multi, platforms like U NIX, Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora, IOS and Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8 of production, test and development servers.
- Involved in administering, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, performance monitoring of The Clusters
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Chef.
- Involved in design of micro services deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Creating pods and managing on the cluster environment on Kubernetes.
- Developed SharePoint TFS data synchronization using SharePoint Timer Jobs.
- Midlevel expertise in Ruby, PERL CGI, Web development & good SQL hands-on experience.
- Efficiently used Project Management Tools like Base Camp, MS Project, MS Share point and Atlassian Tools. ( JIRA, confluence, Stash, SourceTree, Crucible ).
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity .
Environment: GIT, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, ANT, Maven, Gradle, Vagrant, AWS, Bamboo, JIRA, Nagios, Ruby, Cucumber, Websphere, shell, python.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Deployed java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, release tracking and reporting on Linux platform.
- Created and maintained various Shell scripts on different Linux servers.
- Having good hands on experience in administering Linux machines and building RPM's.
- Experienced with Windows scripting and automation, including PowerShell
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Assisted with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and also create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Automated Deployment through ARM and monitoring different application consoles through their admin pages and WebSphere.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef, EBS, and Ops Works.
- Setup monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer.
- Involved in implementation of automate scripts to back up the old records by using Mango DB export command and transferred the backup files into backup machine with the help of ftplib.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Deployed &built artifacts to WebLogic application server using MAVEN.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Git Repositories.
- Coordinated firmware release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, Build procedures, schedule build calendars and change history for releases.
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of printer virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime.
- Create mechanisms/architectures and enable rapid recovery, repair and cleanup of faulty migrations with good understanding of fault tolerance and failure domains.
- Identify opportunities to deliver self-service capability for the most common infrastructure and application management tasks.
- Create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline.
- Provide deep and detailed levels of monitoring across all levels of the application.
- Extensive use of Perforce for source code tracking and deployment, and Extraview for bug tracking.
- Plan sprints within your project team to keep yourself and team moving forward.
Environment: AWS, Red Hat LINUX, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, MySQL, tomcat server, ANT, SHELL, Java, Docker.
DevOps Engineer /Linux, UNIX Admin
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories
- Involved in node classifications of puppet, hiera data and developed puppet roles and profiles.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging
- Developed Shell/Python Scripts for automation purpose
- Worked across both private (OpenStack) and public clouds (Amazon AWS).
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Added support for Amazon AWS S3 and RDS to host static/media files and the database into Amazon Cloud.
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Created play books for OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Building own Paas with Docker.
- AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, and Bash Scripts.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems
- Worked with Cloudera admin team to efficiently build a multi node cluster and configure HDFS to give the best query performance.
- Extensive experience on Docker containers infrastructure and Continuous Integration for building & deploying Docker containers.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Created customized AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) polices for various AWS resources to have required accessibility to required resources.
- Write server side code for Google Cloud Platform based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS.
- Provide thought leadership for cloud developer technology inside Google and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline or improve adoption of Google Cloud Platform.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, ConfigFiles, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment.
- Create cookbooks for automation of Infrastructure using Chef.
- Using ANT, Puppet/ ChefScripts to build the application and deploy.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Worked on AWS services such as Setting up new server (EC2) instances/services in AWS, configuring security groups
- Expertise in Agile, Scrum software development environment and Application Lifecycle Management.
Environment: AWS,SVN, Shell/Python Scripts, Puppet, SCM, GIT, Azure, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Build Forge, Docker, Maven, ANT, HTML, Bamboo, OpenStack, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Jira, Cloud computing, Open stack, JVM.
- Maintained and Administered GIT Source Code Tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for Multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to Deploy each tier.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree & Stash.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for Automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Very strong Project Management experience performing ITIL RM /SCM activities.
Environment:: Jenkins, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Python, BASH & KORN Shell, JAVA/J2EE, Web Sphere, Batch file, SQL Scripts.