- AWS (Amazon Web Services) certified IT Professional with 8+ years of experience in AWS Cloud Engineering/Build and Release Engineering/Linux administration and implementing DevOps methodologies in various environments Windows, UNIX and Linux servers which include DEV/SIT/UAT/Staging/Production along with espousing cloud strategies.
- Expertise with Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Build and Release Management in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) - Waterfall, Agile/Scrum process including Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Testing, Production, and Maintenance in Enterprise Applications.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experience and knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS implementing Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, RackSpace, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift,…etc.
- Expertise in Amazon AWS cloud which includes services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, EBS, Glacier, RDS, Aurora, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Lambda, Code Commit, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, DynamoDB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, Red shift, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, OpsWorks, Kinesis, IAM, SQS, SNS, SES.
- Experience in working with Configuration Management Tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, vagrant and Salt.
- Experienced in setting up EC2 instances, security groups and Setting up databases in AWS using S3 bucket.
- Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift worked on various projects to migrate data from on database to AWS Redshift, RDS and S3.
- Experience in Creating Shell Scripts (kasha, Bash), Python for setting up baselines, branching, merging and automation processes.
- Proficiency in setting up Security and Identity across the Azure through Active Directory (AD) including Key Vault, AD B2C and security center.
- Extensively Used Jenkins/Hudson as Continuous Integration tools to deploy the Spring Boot Microservices to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using build pack.
- Experience in working knowledge with Python and Ruby in writing scripts to automate software configuration process with Chef and Puppet.
- Experience in Working on Chef with Knife commands to manage Nodes, Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef Templates, run-lists, environments and Ohai.
- Experience in setting up Puppet Master, Puppet Agents for managing enterprise policies and configurations.
- Strong working experience on Resources collections of Puppet like Classes, Definitions of manifest files to gather the resources assign them to collection and have the collection applied to the agent nodes.
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower and expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Extensive experience using Maven, Ant, Gradle, Jenkins and Bamboo as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT Stash used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Nexus, TeamCity and Buildforge.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory repository managers for Maven and Ant builds.
- Knowledge on managing, maintaining and deploying multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo and creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Good knowledge in Relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DB2, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, CouchDB.
- Experience in Application deployment on various web/application Servers including installation and configuration of Web Sphere/Web Logic/Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Extensive experience in Atlassian, ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, Clear quest, Redmine, Bugzilla, HP Service center for Production hot fixes and bug fixes.
- Good testing experience with Testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, JMeter, QUnit, Karma, Jasmine, SonarQube and integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like Cobertura, Clover, PMD, Findbugs and Checkstyle.
- Good knowledge on System health and performance monitoring including visualization and monitoring tools such as Cloud Watch, Nagios/Icinga, Splunk, Graphite, New Relic, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) Stack, Zabbix etc.
- Proficient with containerization technologies like Vagrant, Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of environment delivery for releases.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for installations and domain configurations.
- Expertise in implementing a production ready, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure. Working on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Exposure to Mesos, Marathon & Zookeeper cluster environment for application deployments and Docker/Kubernetes Containers.
- Experience in Build, Release and Software Configuration Management cycle, which involves Building source code and deploying the artifacts into multiple environments including production.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as C, C++, XML, Shell, Perl, Java, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, HTML.
- Experienced in Installation, Support, Configuration, Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) 5.x, 6.x, SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 10, 11, SOLARIS 9, 10, CentOS 6.x,7.0 and UBUNTU 10, 12, & 14 LTS, IBM AIX 5.x, 6.x.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Monitoring and Fine-tuning on Unix Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Experience in LINUX/UNIX performance monitoring, kernel tuning and Load balancing to ensure stable performance.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, SNMP, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, VPN, NAS, POP3, FTP, SSH, SAMBA and Routed Protocols FTP, SFTP, SMTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of VERITAS Cluster Server, Sun Cluster and HP Service Guard for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Expert in setting up SSH, SCP, SFTP connectivity between UNIX hosts.
- Experienced in DNS, NIS, NFS, FTP, NIS+, Samba Server, LDAP, remote access, security management, and system troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in Installing, Configuration, Troubleshooting Computers, Software, Routers, Switches, Modems, Data Circuits and other Data communication Equipment.
- Experience working with Datacenter environment and supporting Linux and Solaris servers with EMC SAN environment.
- Experienced in configuring Kickstart and Jumpstart servers to initiate installation of RedHat Linux and Solaris on several machines at once. Good presentation, Customer Support and trouble Shooting Skills & Experience in Providing 24x7 supports.
- Strong experience on creating virtual machines for Dev/Test environments using Virtualization technologies like VMWare, VMware VSphere, XEN, ESX, Vagrant, VirtualBox, and Windows Hyper-V.
- Detail oriented person with good technical troubleshooting/problem-solving ability, Quick learner and performer both in team and independent job environments.
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, Red Hat), Solaris, Windows.
Version Control tools: GIT, Subversion, CVS, Bitbucket, Gerrit, ClearCase.
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OpenStack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), RackSpace
AWS Cloud Technologies: EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, EBS, Glacier, RDS, Aurora, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Lambda, Code Commit, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, DynamoDB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, Red shift, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, OpsWorks, Kinesis, IAM, SQS, SNS, SES
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Application/Web Server: Tomcat, APACHE, JBOSS, WebLogic, WebSphere4/5, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Nginx, Azure, IIS
Monitoring Tools: New Relic, AppDynamics, ElasticSearch, LogStash and Kibana (ELK), CloudWatch, CloudTrial, Splunk, Nagios
Containerization Tool: Docker, Kubernetes
Virtualization Technologies: VMWare ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, GIt, GitHUb
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Junit, Bugzilla, SonarQube, REMEDY, Redmine.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, RDS, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB.
Build and Testing Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Cucumber, DbUnit, webrat, easyb, FitNesse, JMeter, JUnit, NBehave, SoapUI, Selenium, RSpec
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, Juniper.
Storage / Clustering: SAN, NAS, RedHat Cluster Suite, VERITAS Clusters, Sun Clusters
Security Hardware/Software: Checkpoint 2000 VPN-1/Firewall -1, Cisco PIX version 5.1, 6.2
Confidential, Bloomington, MN
Sr. DevOps /AWS Cloud Engineer/Ansible Engineer
- Worked on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53, SES and SNS in the defined virtual private connection.
- Creating alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring the server performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Managed users and groups using the Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Managing IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements.
- Building post install scripts using Shell scripting in Linux servers.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins /Hudson along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT.
- Implemented pipeline concept of Jenkins jobs in Continuous integration.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the AWS cloud Environments.
- Designing and configuring the AWS Secure Notification Service (SNS) and Secure Email Service (SES) architecture of the solution and working with a client.
- Maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route53, SES and SNS services in the AWS cloud.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with Ansible, migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Deploying and monitoring applications on various platforms using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Containerized services in Docker in Amazon environment and Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Creating alarms in Cloudwatch service for monitoring the servers performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Created playbooks for Openstack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible
- Server migration using cloud services like AWS from physical to cloud environment.
- Created Cloud Formation template stacks to automate for building new VPCs using JSON files.
- Configuring and managing Openstack components such as keystone, nova, neutron, glance, swift, Heat.
- Migrating present Linux environment to AWS by creating and executing a migration plan, deployed EC2 instances in VPC, configured security groups & NACL’s, attached profiles and roles using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Ansible modules.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible Playbooks and Ansible Tower.
- Worked on containerizing Openstack services in Docker using ansible.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Tested and configured AWS Workspaces (Windows virtual desktop solution) for custom application requirement.
- Configured and managed source code using Git and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers.
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users. Also managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Implemented Jenkins as Continuous Integration tool to automate build and deployment process.
- Proficient in deploying applications that uses MySQL or similar RDBMS and managed backups with point-in-time recovery of MongoDB.
- Configured Elastic Load balancer (ELB) including high availability of ELB using various subnets in various availability zones, configured security settings and health check for application.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Provided 24 x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux in Cloud Environment using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Environment: Linux, Windows, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53, VDI), Ansible, Git, Docker, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Openstack, Ansible, Python, MySQL, Shell Scripting, Jenkins, MongoDB, MySQL, IAM, Nginx, Tomcat, Python, JBoss, Jira.Confidential, New York
DevOps Engineer/AWS Cloud Engineer/Chef Automation Engineer
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the Amazon Web Services focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 (AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Using Chef deployed and configured ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Managing AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server and managed AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, WebLogic, and WebSphere for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Tested high availability of AWS-RDS-MySQL database by simulating fail over from the primary database to read replicas and hence promoting read replica to primary.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and Cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Has experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Patches, Merging and Automation processes using Shell/bash and Batch Scripts.
- Installed and used Chef Server Enterprise on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing ruby scripts in Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing Infrastructure.
- Customize chef cookbooks and configure chef servers to automate server deployment.
- Setup and Install Chef workstation, Chef Server and bootstrapping the Chef Clients using knife.
- Configure Knife to manage chef-server, spin-up new instances, package installs and configure changes on Client node.
- Manage Chef Server in pushing the configuration changes to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes using ruby to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Build scripts on AWS cloud for scheduling EC2 auto scaling load balancer with python SDK.
- Responsible for ensuring Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration across all environments from DEV/QA/UAT to Production using Jenkins.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Shell and Python.
- Automated the Environment Provisioning Using Chef and Docker.
- Created a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins to deploy containerized applications using Docker in the AWS cloud for Dynamic scaling capabilities
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, managing containers, directory structures and removing Docker images.
- Performed database SQL queries to address connectivity and integration activities.
- Worked with multiple development groups to design/create automated build and deployments using MS Build, Ant and Shell Scripting.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline for database using Jenkins and UDeploy. Helped developers in creating UDeploy snapshots, adding version to the snapshot during production installs.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- To design high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions.
Environment: Windows, Linux/Unix, Chef, Docker, AWS, EC2, ELB, S3, EBS, Cloud-Front, RDS, Route53, IAM, ELK, Lambda, Cloud Watch, Git, MySQL, VPC, Auto-scaling, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, UDeploy, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, WebLogic, WebSphere.Confidential, Irvine, CA
DevOps Engineer/AWS Cloud Engineer/Puppet Automation Engineer
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR's, VCP, NAT) and deployment via Scalr and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, chef configuration management.
- Setting up the virtual private cloud network in Amazon Web Service (AWS) .
- Auto scaling the Amazon Web Service (AWS) depends upon the requirement.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools, and development and staging environments on AWS and Cloud.
- Managing a fleet of virtual Linux servers, database, storage buckets, load balancers, network interfaces, and other infrastructure building blocks to ensure maximum uptime and security.
- Actively engaged in power maintenance and network maintenance calls where I am responsible to fix issues on Red Hat Linux Servers and Solaris Servers.
- Installation, configuration and Operating System upgrade on, Red Hat Linux 5, 6. and Sun Solaris 8,9,10.
- VERITAS File system and VERITAS Volume Manager 2.5 are used to configure the RAID 1 and RAID 5 Storage Systems
- Built and managed centralized application logging stack using ElasticSearch and Log stash (ELK) deployed through puppet.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT/Bitbucket and Puppet.
- Migrated IaaS, PaaS and SaaS instances between public and private clouds - Apache, RDBMS, Unix/Linux, NAS/SAN, LAN/WAN VPN, Security, IDS, Firewalls and Encryption.
- Involved in creating Jenkins pipeline jobs for Puppet release process for module deployment, using Kanban AGILE methodology for puppet development.
- Installing and configuration of an automated tool Puppet that included installation and configuration of Puppet Master, Agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Installed Puppet Master, agents, created and automated platform environment setup.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate configuration of a various services.
- Wrote various Puppet Manifests for Deployment Automation.
- Maintained Infrastructure using the virtualization tools like VMware and Cloud Computing Service like AWS in all environments.
- Worked on Installation, management and support of database infrastructure like MySQL/MongoDB/Oracle/PostgreSQL (DB Migrations/Replications/Managing Users, etc.)
- Set up and ensured the health status of the entire infrastructure using monitoring tools like Nagios/Zabbix.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Used Docker container configuration, activation, handling live webhosting & troubleshooting.
- Evaluated Mesos/Marathon and Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Worked on Installation, Configuration, Migration, Trouble-Shooting and Maintenance of Splunk.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Utilize Jira for issue reporting, status and activity planning.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x/7), AWS, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Nagios, Veritas cluster 5.x, WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache web servers, Tomcat servers, Apache Spark, Nginx, Shell Scripting, Python, PowerShell, Git/Bitbucket, Maven.Confidential
Build and Release Engineer
- Managed and controlled the source code repository, currently housed in Subversion and GIT.
- Maintained automated build system like ANT, Maven implement new features or scripts for the build system.
- Implemented Branching and merging strategies for over 200 different applications.
- Performed merges between different branches, and resolved all merge conflicts successfully by working with development teams.
- Created fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects
- Installed, configured and maintained Continuous Integration, Automation and Configuration Management tools like Jenkins.
- Created templates and documentations on converting projects from ANT to MAVEN
- Migrated projects from Subversion to Git.
- Migrated projects to use WAS 8.5 rather than WAS 6.1.
- Researched new Jenkins plugins and implemented them to improve build process.
- Configured Jenkins for integrated source control, builds, testing, and deployment.
- Assisted development teams with Subversion/Maven Installations, Maven dependency management strategies and branching /Release Strategies for multiple releases.
- Publish Code quality reports and Dashboards
- Provide consulting/training to development teams on Subversion Branching Strategy and Release Management.
- Troubleshoot Jenkins Build Errors and providing quality of software to end-users.
- Executed the Maven builds locally to troubleshoot Java code issues.
- Innovated and implemented technique to replace Maven Release Plug-in through Jenkins Jobs for deploying the artifacts to artifactory.
- Maintained artifactory for storing artifacts and for searching the dependencies of a project
- Created and managed daily Jenkins build and Deploy artifacts status.
- Implemented Sonar Analysis in Jenkins Job for identifying the code quality metrics.
- Worked with Operations to coordinate production and test releases.
- Utilized Shell scripts for troubleshooting and for ALL day-to-day activities.
- Deployed the Software builds to Dev, INT, QA, Production environments.
- Responsible for mentoring offshore team and providing training to them on new tools.
- Managed Application servers like TOMCAT, WEBLOGIC.
- Managed the flow of deployment's and releases across the Organization and managed Builds that will go to Production.
- Go-live through ensuring releases are adequately tested and are deployed to Production environment.
- Communicated, prepared & planned releases through liaising with all necessary parties to coordinate Change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with schedules.
- Participated in the lessons learned meetings after every Release.
Environment: Redhat (5.x/6.x), Solaris (10.x/11.x), SUSE, UNIX, SVN, Java, Eclipse, TomCat/Web logic Server, Artifactory, Git, GitHUb, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Subversion.Confidential
- Worked on various aspects of Linux (Red Hat) server administration including installing and maintaining the operating system software, performance monitoring, problem analysis and resolution and production support.
- Assisted other Linux/UNIX administrators when help was needed (i.e. creating Linux/UNIX accounts, writing scripts to perform system administrator functions, responding to trouble tickets, etc.)
- Worked on Linux Kick-start OS integration, DDNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Deployed and managed SUSE Linux based servers and workstations, for production and lab usage.
- Created VMware Virtual machines using vSphere and installed Red Hat Linux 5x/6 on the VMs and standalone Dell servers.
- Worked on installing and configuring Sun Solaris using jumpstart, Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart.
- Strong technical background in Linux systems and networking technologies including VPN, IPsec, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
- Perform primary Linux Server administration tasks, including setup, installation, OS patching, data backup, user account management and access control.
- Disk Management like adding and replacing of hot swappable drives on existing servers,
- Monitored server and application performance and tuned I/O, memory and Installation of SSH and configuring of keys base authentication.
- Created Local Yum Repositories to support Package Management with Yum and RPM and Installed and configured secure FTP daemon to support a FTP-based Yum repository.
- Monitored everyday systems and evaluate availability of all server resources and perform all activities for Linux servers.
- Implemented security in systems and network for all Sun Enterprise Servers & Desktop Servers, Implemented the skills of Load balancing for edge components using F5's Big-IP load sprayer.
- Installed and configured Disk and file system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for LINUX systems.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on SUSE and Linux servers
- Monitoring of space availability on each file system using Shell Scripts.
- Implemented security policy and managed firewalls/IDS. Managed DNS, send mail, IP space, and co-location facility transition
- Monitored servers and network performance by using NAGIOS, Iostat, Vmstat, Mpstat and Other Tools Configuring Synchronization and file servers, Monitoring and managing content stores.
- Administered file system and volumes using VERITAS storage Foundation, Solaris Volume Manager on Solaris and Logical Volume Manager on Linux.
- Maintained Load balancing, High availability, Failover functionality, and Disaster recovery included changing the IP address of the web and app server machines, which caused a change in the virtual host and HTTP transport configurations.
- Provided 24/7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-UX Installation/ Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX) Support team.
Environment: Redhat Linux 6.X,7.x, HP & Dell Servers, SUSE, Oracle/DB2, VMWare ESX 4.x, Autosys, VMware VSphere, ESX, Bash, Shell Scripting, Nagios.