- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry in various roles with excellent experience in RedHat Enterprise Linux Administration, Software Configuration Management, DevOps Engineer Build & Release management and Development for several markets driven international organizations
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat).
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Solid Experience in using AWS cloud services like EC2, ECS, EBS, AMI, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloud Front, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, Security Groups, SNS, VPC, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2 Container Service, Auto Scaling, Amazon EMR, ElastiCache and S3.
- Experience in using AWS including Auto Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, S3 RDS, Lambda for server lessdeployment of web applicationsand Automated deployments using Cloud formationtemplates in JSON, YAML.
- Experience in Implementing CI/CD pipeline with AWS, Jenkins, Gradle, Ansible, Nexus, Docker and Kubernetes. Worked on Jenkins with managing plugins, Securing it with configuring global security, tested code using different plugins to complete the CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong knowledge and real time experience in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53).
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies. vSphere skills include installation and configuring of vCenter Server and vSphereESXi 5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0, configuring vSphere networking, configuring vSphere storage, deploying and administer VMs (snapshots and templates) and vApps and functions like maintaining HA, troubleshooting and resource management
- VMwareinstallationandoperationsof P2V, VMotion and VMware Virtual Center on Dell PowerEdge 320 ensuring uptime for critical systems and applications, manage components of DevOps Configuration Management by Jenkins, Nexus, GitLab etc.
- Experience of Jenkins, Apache Ant, Apache Tomcat, Subversion, Git, Maven
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions
- Experience with Terraform to build infrastructure as a code.
- Lightweight virtualization with Linux Containers and Docker
- Involved in Linux administration activities like troubleshooting of regular issues, configuration issues, applying patches, kernel upgrades, package management, diagnosing resource utilization and file system issues.
- Used AWS Lambdaas MicroServicesand API gateways to achieve scalability.
- Performed Continuous Delivery in a MicroService infrastructure with Amazon cloud, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining version across the environment using SCM tools like Subversion, GIT.
- Experienced with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Working Knowledge on Cloud automation using Azure and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience of Jenkins, Apache Ant, Apache Tomcat, Subversion, Git, Maven.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Perforce and PVCS.
- Working Knowledge on Cloud automation using Azure and AWS Cloud Formation templates
- Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl and XML.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Maintained local team repositories and Organization’s central repositories for Maven.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Having work experience in support of multi platforms like UNIX, Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora, iOS and Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8 of production, test and development servers.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM Web Sphere.
Hardware / Platforms: HP-UX, AIX, SunOS, Ubuntu, RedHat EL and Windows
Version Control Tools: GIT-STASH,Subversion, UCM ClearCase, Harvest Release 12,Accurev and TFS 2010
Programming /Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, PERL Scripting, Python, Groovy, PHP, AutoIt and SQL
Change Management & Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, IBM Rational ClearQuest, BMC Remedy 7, Jira
Build Management Tools: Make, GMake, Maven, Ant and MS Build
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, CircleCI and Bamboo
DevOps Tools: Ansible, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker, Docker Swarm, Chef, Nagios, Git, GitHub, Splunk, Gradle, Vagrant, Puppet, Kubernetes, Open Source Tripwire & Bamboo
Application Server: Apache Tomcat, Apache Geronimo, JBoss Enterprise & IBM WebSphere
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Azure
Confidential, Middletown. CT
Cloud AWS DevOps Engineer
- Experience as Cloud AWS Engineer project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x& 7.x) on SPARC, x86 and Blade Centre’s.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Built the AWS infrastructure from the scratch for the Project NextGen App which is an internal application that logs the customer data.
- Used AWS Lambda as MicroServices and API gateways to flexible scaling, Easy Deployment and Resiliance.
- Handled multiple AWS accounts with different VPC's for Prod and Non Prod where key objective included automation.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for them, and utilized S3 buckets for backup on AWS
- Configured AWS DHCP option sets to the *logisticare.com name servers.
- AWS CloudTrail is enabled to the track of user activity, governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS account.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Designed and deployed applications utilizing AWS stack which includes EC2, S3, Dynamo DB and IAM, focusing mainly on high-availability and fault tolerance.
- Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters with Ansible, writing playbooks. Using Docker, Jenkins, VMWare, RHEL, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Ansible & GitLab
- Kubernetes architecture: node, kubelet manages pods, their containers, images, volumes, network etc. kube-proxy is a simple network proxy and load balancer responsible for reflecting services on
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with Ansible, migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Deploying and monitoring applications on various platforms using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes also deployed Docker Swarm
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Created virtual imagessimilar to production environment using Docker, developed and maintained containers on a private DockerHub
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Worked in design and deployment of national data centres using the Openstack
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Maintained configuration files for each application to build and install on different environments.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Ansible.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment:: AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Cloud Foundry, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Ant, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Nexus, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX, LINUX 5.x, 6.x& 7.xConfidential, Malvern, PA
Sr. DevOps AWS Automation Engineer
- Comprehensive experience with AWS services like Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, Cloud Formation, Lambda, VPC, ELB, Glacier, Elastic Block Store, DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, Amazon IAM, SES, SQS, Security Groupsand Route 53 in Agile environment
- Tasks performed on performance tuning, capacity planning for AWS environments, monitoring, resource utilization and alerts using CloudWatch; implement hybrid architectures, routing private connections, peering and infrastructure zoning by VPC;CloudFormationtemplates to deploy infrastructure for environment creation;CodePipeline to design and implement a CI/CD pipeline
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to CHEF for Cloud Automation.
- Administration of RHEL 5,6,7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both Pseries and vmware virtualization systems
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Authored application using Spring Cloud services (spring version of Netflix OSS-Eureka, Circuit Breaker, and Ribbon).
- Deployed application using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI.
- Use of Docker to mange micro services for development and testing
- Written and developed CHEF Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Used CHEF for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Responsible for CI and CD using JENKINS, Maven and CHEF.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed CHEF Server and clients to pick up the Build from JENKINS repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production). aChef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS Ops Works stacks across 4 product platforms
- Installed and support multiple databases and applications including Oracle, MySQL with WebLogic, JBOSS,Oracle and Apache Tomcat.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform.
- Supported Continuous delivery strategy on monitoring applications in pre-production and production environment using AppDynamics.
- Developed environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash and Terraform.
- Experience in writing and organizing Shell and Perl scripting for building complex software systems.
- Created branches, labels and performed merges in SVN and GIT.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing managers to trigger required build.
- Specialized in working closely with system engineers to resolve the issues and handled release process for over twenty-five applications which are at low and production phases with multiple deployment tools like Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- System performance monitoring, tuning and log management.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux/Network Administration to identify the problems and resolve the issues.
- Worked closely with network/incident analysts and IC analysts to monitor current attack and threat information to identify.
- Apache web server maintenance, installation, configuration, managing web hosting including name-based, secure and private site, monitoring web server performance, certificate generate, security checks and periodic upgrades, manage user accounts, back up.
- Implemented Jira with Maven release plug-in for tracking bugs and defects.
- Implemented and maintained server virtualization using VMware, ESXi and Oracle Virtual Manager.
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with JBoss servers.
Environment:: AWS (Amazon Web Services) Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, VMware, Jenkins, Jira, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Nexus, Shell, PERL, BASH, Solaris, LINUX 5.x, 6.x& 7.xConfidential, Bowie, MD
Software Configuration Manager
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Implemented Cloud Infrastructure as a Service environment using open source technology OpenStack to enable portability of cloud services across hybrid cloud environments.
- Extensive experience with Version Control Management, Project Management, WorkItem Customization, Build Services, Release Management, Reporting using GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to IBM WebLogic application servers.
- Experience in Integrating Jenkins with ServiceNow through API and created schema to store the build Information.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool to manage infrastructure.
- Experience in writing python and Shell scripts for Jenkins to push build and commit information to Servicenow.
- Integrated the GITHUB by using webhook and Scripted Rest API in Servicenow and stored the information in Serivenow table.
- Created build/deploy documentation in confluence for various applications.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated with Jenkins.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Wrote Puppet manifests files for all applications to manage the configuration files and to manage them as services.
- Implemented Puppet applies using Subversion and Cron jobs.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of Projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
- Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artefacts in NEXUS repository.
- Used Atlassian JIRA as issue tracking and ticketing tool.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkinsconfig and plugins files.
- Integrated Jenkins Build pipeline plugin for managing multi project jobs efficiently.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like ApacheTomcat.
Environment: Subversion, Git-Stash, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Atlassian JIRA, LINUX, XML, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, Puppet and Apache Tomcat.Confidential, Dover, NH
Sr Build And Release Engineer/ Linux / VMware Administrator
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developing automated process for builds and deployments using Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Sonatype Nexus, Shell, Python and Java.
- Automated the installation, deployment and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers to RHEL Development and Test Environments.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Ansible/Chef in 5 different environments and roughly 500n servers.
- Administered and integrated the Version Control Systems like Subversion and Git with Jenkins.
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Designed, Developed Web Forms using .Net Framework (C#, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC3.0, Entity Framework), for the user interface (UI) with SQL as the Database.
- Implemented MVC framework to reduce the complexity and to get full control over the behavior of the application.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS.
- Designed and developed new user Interfaces using C# with DevExpress controls to enhance the better look and feel for the GUI.
- Excellent experience in writing directives, services and controllers using Angular JS.
- Created and maintained the Jenkins jobs, including automatic generation, reporting and alerting of test and code metrics (JUnit, PMD, etc), build failures and build status indicators.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Chef, IBM WebSphere Application Server ND 7.1.x/6.1.x, Tomcat, RHEL.Confidential
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for servers.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 4x, 5x, SUSE 10, 11, Centos) operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Set up and maintain continuous automated build system with Hudson and Python scripting.
- Branches creation in SVN to implement the parallel development process.
- Provided the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Built a comprehensive PERL script, which would call the required ANT scripts and notify the build distribution team in case of build errors and completion of the builds.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7. X/8. X .
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, hardware and software raid, multipath, file systems, network using Nagios 4.0.
- Deployment and configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and web application.
- Writing shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the user logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services SendMail, Apache,FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Documented and edited the deployment procedures, customer facing and resolution issues on WIKI for our future references.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, Autosys, ANT, SVN, Hudson, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, SUSE 10, Oracle 7.x/8.x,Python, PERL.