- Around 8+ years of experience in Development, Build and Release and DevOps Engineering in Automating, Building, Deploying, and Releasing of code from one environment to otherenvironment.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBMClear case, Perforce, and GIT.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Team City and Build forge for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation. It includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, TFS, GitHub, Serena Products, ClearCase, Docker, Build Forge, Serena PVCS, CVS, Tomcat, JBoss, and Linux etc.
- Experience in several AWSservices EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud Watch, ELB, RDS, Route 53, SQS Auto scaling configurations, etc.
- Experience in AWS cloud environment's and also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch and Elastic IP's and managing security groups on AWS
- Exposedt o al lasp ec t so fso f t w ar edeve l op m en tli f ec ycl e ( S DLC ) sucha sA nal y si s, P l an ni ng, D ev el opi ng, Tes ti ng, and Implementing Post - pr oduc t io n ana l y si so f t h epro j e ct s.
- Developed Python scripts for software build conduct and management support.
- Exper ti s e i n Q uer y i ng RD B MS such as O ra cl e, M YS Q L and S Q L Serv er by usi ng SQ L f or dat a i n te g r i ty .
- Proficient in working with Red Hat RHEL.5.x/ 6.x, CentOS, Solaris and VMware ESX environment.
- Built and Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Hudson and Ansible
- Having good Experience in Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Fulfilling the role of a Release Engineer in respects to our Puppet code.
- Implementation of cloud service PaaS, and SaaS which include Puppet, Docker and Openshift.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Exper i enc e i n us i ng Bug t r acki ng tools l i k e J IRA, R e m e d y, H P Q ua lit y C e n t er and IB M C l ear Q ue s t, Mingle.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Migrating existing applications from legacy platforms to AWS Cloud.
- Provided Support for Openshift application deployment in Production Environment.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
- Good knowledge in IIS and hands on experience with WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic deployments.
- Pr of i ci ent i n t r ac i ng com pl ex bui l d p r ob l em s, r el eas e i ssues and env ir onm ent i ssu es i n a m ulti - co m ponent env ir o nm ent.
- Exper ti s ei n t r oubl eshoo t i ng t hepr ob l em sg ener a t edw hil ebui l di ng, depl oy i ng a nd al so in pr oduc t i on su ppor t .
- Experience with administrative tasks with CI tools like maintaining configurations and backups and maintain high availability.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging, Tagging and Automation Processes using Shell/bash and Batch Scripts.
- Installed and Configured - NFS, NIS, DNS, Mail Server, Apache Web Server on Linux and Solaris
- Excel l en t comm uni cati v e, i nt er per sona l, i nt ui ti v e, analy si s and l ead er shi p sk i l l s w it h abi l i t y to w or k eff i ci ent l y i n bo t h i nd epende nt and t eam w or k env ir onm ent s.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Worked with Engineers, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
Operating Systems: W i ndow s9 8/ X P / N T/ 2000 / 2003 / 2008, UNI X, L IN U X ( RH EL) .
Versioning Tools: C V S, Tortoise SVN, C l e ar c ase, G IT, Pe r f or c e,P V C S, RTC, Stash, Mercurial, TFS, Pe r f or c e
Cloud Computing: Azure, OpenStack, AWS (EC2, VPC, SNS, RDS, IAM, S3, Route53
ElasticBeanstalk, CloudWatch, CloudTrail,CloudFront, CodeCommit,: DynamoDB, Redshift, Lambda, OpsWorks and CloudFormation)
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Build & CI Tools: Jenkins, Puppet, AWS, uDeploy, Nagios, Nexus, Rally, Chef, Ansible, Ant,Maven, ELK Stack(ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana ), Gradle, UrbanCode, TerraForm, HUDSON, MS Build, Docker, ANTHILLPRO, Team City, Sonar and BAMBOO.
Languages/Scripting: C, C ++, P er l sc ri pt i ng, VB script, Shel l sc ri p ti ng, SQL, J av a/ J2 EE,/Ruby Python, Bash, RUBY, PowerShell, GO,VMware
Web T e chn o l o g i es: Ser v l e t s, JDBC, J SP, H TML, J av a Sc ri p t, X ML
Web s e r v e r s: We b l og i c, WebSphe r e, A pache T om cat, J BO SS
RDBMS: O r a cl e, SQ L SER V ER, M YSQ L, DB 2
O t he r s: MS Ou tl o ok
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins continuous integration tool.
- Have setup Jenkins on Docker container.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant, Maven and Docker as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, Jenkins, WebLogic, and deployment automation.
- Troubleshoot and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various environments like QA, Integration, UAT andProductions Environments.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deployment issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with Product Development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, GIT HUB.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWSCloudFormation Templates
- Configured and deployed instances on Rackspace, cloud environments and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS
- Created and maintained the python scripting in order to access Jira.
- Worked as a Release Engineer which involves tasks like Kick off builds, Monitor and in case of failure, Investigate and resolve the issues.
- Used GIT as source code Management tool to manage repositories.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Installing and configuring the applications like docker tool and kubernetes for the orchestration purpose
- Written scripts to containerize using Dockers and orchestrate it using Kubernetes & Configured the services using modern Devops tools, like GoCD, Ansible.
- Configuring and managing Virtual Machines using VMware vSphere suite. Administration of VMs through vCenter Server and vSphere client.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, and Data base, Commands, Users MountPoints and Packages.
- Support code builds by integrating them with continuous integration tool (Jenkins)
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, Python, Java/J2EE, LINUX, Apache Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, JIRA, XML, ANT, Maven, Ansible, Hudson, Chef, puppet, Python, PowerShell, OpenShift, AWS, Django, JBoss, Apache JMETER, MetaCase, DynamoDB, GIT, Kubernetes, SVN, Docker, Jira, Oracle.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion SVN. Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Puppet.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Continuous Integration, Automation and Configuration Management tools to make the Openshift cloud setup.
- Extended an existing puppet for an operations tools start-up to enable seamless full infrastructure provisioning for site redundancy and staging/development environments.
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Puppet.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Docker and Openshift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Hands-on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release Notes using Perl Scripts.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, ANT, Bash, MAVEN, Puppet, Web Logic, Perl Scripts, AWS, Clear Case, Open stack, Oracle10g, 11g, Rack space, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, JIRA.
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
- Implemented Jenkins for Continuous Integration Builds, automated deployments and Notifications.
- Implemented Chef for a start-up to facilitate simple instance management for event driven load provisioning of instances based on averages of Nagios checks.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven
- Implemented puppet for a start up in preparation for compliance requirements due to an impending acquisition by a large publicly traded company.
- Wor k ed wi t h m anyt eam sofst r eng t h m or et han 3 0 andm anag ed 2 r el ea se / bui l deng i neer s.
- St and byadm i ni s t r at o rf orC l earC as eandP VC S.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Deployed the archives to Tomcat Application Servers.
- Created a functional test environment in AWS where the functional tests will run on the EC2 instances dynamically.
- Used Apache Kafka cluster as messaging system between the APIs and Micro services.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Chef, Puppet, IBM Websphere, Perl Scripts,Clear Quest, Shell Scripts, Bash, AWS, Open stack, XML, UNIX, Tomcat Application servers, Oracle 10g.
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Gathering Information from the Clients and providing consultation by performing POC and setup the Build/Deployment and Release Management.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven.
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /CVS.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly Builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
- Managed and Administered Web logic 8 and 10.3 Environments.
- Used ANT as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
Environment: Jenkins, Subversion, CVS, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, LINUX, XML, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked with and supporting multiple World-wide development teams delivering a wide range of Software Applications.
- Oversee all stages of design, development, and deployment of new Java-based vendor application system for financial-services industry.
- Implemented business components using spring modules like Spring IOC, Spring AOP, Spring MVC, Spring ORM Integration.
- Implemented a security module in AngularJS which integrated with the spring security in the backend with Authentication and Authorization.
- AngularJS Ajax module is used to handle RESTful calls to enable communication between view components and server.
- Worked on Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with the EJB 3.0 using annotations.
- Managed Hudson / Jenkins-based build system, producing semi-continuous builds.
- Developed comprehensive Hudson / Jenkins command line tool, vastly increasing.
- Efficiency and accuracy of common, repetitive tasks.
- Prepared specifications for new infrastructure &VMware servers, Disk Storage, Network switches, Routers, Firewalls &VPN’sandBash Shell scripts for automatic routine activities.
- Worked on designing web applications using HTML, HTML 5, XML, XHTML.
- Enhanced in-house portions of build, completely overhauling master build script.
- Collaborated with software engineers across multiple platform teams, determining.
- Requirements and implementing software build needs for new components.
- Built unified base OS image for family of embedded Linux systems, configuring boards for different personalities via boot-time scripting.
- Designed and supported installation scripts and procedures across multiple product lines and platforms, ensuring smooth and successful installations and upgrades by internal teams and customers.
- Setting and Maintenance of source code repository.
- Defining repository access, backup and restore processes.
- Writing scripts for automation of routine activities.
- Installation of JIRA, and customization of JIRA for workflow, look & feel fields, user & group management etc.
- Installation of Subversion clients on all build environments (including dependent modules).
Environment: Windows/Unix, Microsoft office tools, Java, J2EE, Spring, AngularJS, Virtual Machine, Jenkins, Hudson, JIRA, Clover, JUnit, Nexus, Ant, Maven, NUnit, SVN, Git.