- Over 9 Years of extensive work experience on DevOps, Build/Release Management process and AWS cloud computing that includes end - to-end code configuration, automation, building & deployments of artifacts for entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- Hands-on Experience in J2EE Framework and its components as related to Java build, test, deployment and release management initiatives.
- Experience in using Continuous Integration tools like TFS Team Build, Cruise Control, Build Forge, TeamCity, Bamboo, Hudson, and Jenkins for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in all build/release engineering tasks associated with the component/production releases.
- Strong knowledge in SDLC, QA Methodologies, Configuration & Change Management systems.
- Strong knowledge in Software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum/Sprints, Iterative, Waterfall models etc.
- Experience in handling operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources including launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Experience in Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios and Puppet.
- Extensive experience in using build tools like MAVEN, ANT and XCode for the building of deployable artifacts from source code. knowledge of Databases including ORACLE RDBMS programming, application architecture, physical and logical database design.
- Deployed ELK Stack ( E lasticsearch L ogstash, K ibana) on the server for log analysis, Worked with Open stack and X-pack for monitoring. I have setup these in an environment and installed filebeat in different nodes.
- Worked with database technology such as SQL, PLSQL, and MySQL including NoSQL databases.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
Version Control: Git, Perforce, GitHub, GitLab, Subversion and Team Foundation Server(TFS).
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Hudson, uBuild, Bamboo and TeamCity.
Continuous Deployment: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, uDeploy.
Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure.
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant, Make and MS Build.
Logging: Splunk, Nagios, Hp-Site Scope, Sumo Logic, ELK- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana.
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory.
App Servers: HTTP, Tomcat, WebSphere, Apache, Nagios.
Containers Services: Docker, Kubernetes
Virtualization: VMware WorkStation, Oracle VirtualBox and VSphere.
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, RHEL, Windows.
Database: MySQL 5, Oracle, PL/SQL.
Confidential, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Designed and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system, configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, and Hudson. Responsible for User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins.
- Designed Unix SHELL scripts using Awk, Perl, and Se filters to perform Oracle RDBMS functions to bulk load data, provide.
- Designing Azure Resource Manager Template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Design and implementation plans for complex OpenStack based Ubuntu Cloud Infrastructure.
- Designed architectures leveraging Windows Azure and Windows Workflow Foundation.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Nexus, TeamCity and Build Forge.
- Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Implemented CI/CD for J2EE, SOA & Micro services Architecture Environment (NodeJS, .Net Core, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis) using Jenkins & uDeploy.
- Expert in AWS Cloud IaaS stage with components VPC, ELB, Security Groups, EBS, AMI, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front & Direct Connect.
- Integrated TeamCity with TFS instance for CI and Octopus Deploy for CD.
- Installed various enterprise monitoring tools Nagios, Zabbix and configured zabbix agents on Linux and Windows servers.
- Worked on Ansible modules to deploy Docker services on the Docker cluster for the entire microservices stack.
- Automated AWS infrastructure via Chef, Docker, and Jenkins and managed software and services configuration via Chef Cookbook development on Docker containers.
- Automated SQL Scripts Deployment to Staging and production Databases with TFS.
- Automated installation process of builds managed on TeamCity.
- Monitored Application and server logs using the ELK stack.
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects. Migrated various artifacts from TFS to Git.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Worked on AWS cloud watch for monitoring the application infrastructure and used AWS email services for notifying.
- Used Terraform scripts to Automate Instances for Manual Instances that were launched before.
- Used Bitbucket Server for secure, fast, enterprise-grade controls, like fine-grained permissions and powerful management features.
- Created multiple docker files for different microservices such as mysql, apache, tomcat, NodeJS, php, redis, JBoss and managed Containers, Images, Compose.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management& Applications.
- Responsible for writing Manifests to configure nodes and Using Bitbucket.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS Code Pipeline to deploy docker containers in AWS ECS using services like Cloud Formation, Code Build, Code Deploy, S3 and Ansible.
- Automated builds using TFS team build and cruisecontrol.net build for .net applications.
- Managed cookbook source code repos for deployment cookbooks and implementing chef spec.
- Managed Conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN, Git and Maintained history of all the repositories using Subversion and Git.
- Utilized Rackspace API to deploy and manage virtual machines and application stacks in the Rackspace IaaS cloud.
- Migrated legacy projects from manual deployments to fully automated releases via TeamCity.
- Installed and Configured Splunk to monitor application related logs.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Develop cookbooks to configure Tomcat, apache.
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services
- Deploying a multi-node application to AWS using Terraform and Chef.
- Developed Ansible playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain software components on existing and new infrastructure.
- Installed and configured SysDig, Data Dog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios, Zabbix monitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Integrate Unit Testing, Code Coverage and Deployment tools with Jenkins and Maven.
- Ability in executing of XML, Ant scripts, shell scripts and Perl scripts.
- Used logs on Splunk, Kibana, AppDynamics to monitor logs.
- Develop automated rollback deployment on Staging/Production server. Purpose is to undo previous deployment in database, properties files and war files changes.
- Used IBM WebSphere as Web application server for deploying artifacts.
- Created various roles & environments, written custom resources and used chef handlers for various auto kick-off requirement jobs.
- Allowed BlueMix code to remain up-to-date at various stages of development by managing 50 Git code repositories, which comprised all services code, utility modules, and configuration code needed to build BlueMix system.
- Worked on Logging and APM tools AppDynamics, Zabbix, Splunk, ELK and Grafana.
- Worked on installing and managing different monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk.
- Worked with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images and Docker Container.
- Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances in QA environment.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Tomcat, WebSphere, Subversion, JIRA, shell/bash, Ruby, UNIX, Sonatype Nexus, Linux Ubuntu, OracleConfidential, Austin, Texas
Devops / Build And Release Engineer
- Developed and Implemented Software Release Management strategies for various Applications according to Agile process.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management using aws, chef, Jenkins and ruby/bash scripts.
- Deployed the built Docker image on Mesos using Marathon. Using a multi-container setup deployed on Mesos.
- Build Yum and RPM repository Server for Development team to upload packages, Written UNIX Shell scripts for monitoring & clean up old files.
- Build scripts on AWS cloud for scheduling EC2 auto scaling load balancer with python SDK.
- Build uDeploy workflows for deployment automation of JAVA and .NET applications.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Manage uDeploy configuration, administration, upgrade, security and maintenance of systems, platforms like Web, application and DB tier.
- Have built Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for centralized logging and then store logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function for more than 2 weeks
- Automated builds/deployments of .NET, Java, and Node.js applications using Bamboo, MS build, MS deploy, ssh, scp.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Automate deployment using configuration management tool like chef to provision aws ec2 instances to enable continuous deployments.
- Used AppDynamics to monitor the application business transactions.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on cloud environment Amazon web services (AWS) /OpenStack/IBM- BlueMix and Dell DRAC and configuration management using Puppet and Chef for Implementing automation and provisioning frameworks using Ansible /Salt Stack.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Sonatype Nexus.
- Added Monitoring tools for insights into uptime performance using ELK.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins, Buildforge, uDeploy, Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build, deployments.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS Code Pipeline to deploy docker containers in AWS ECS using services like CloudFormation, Code Build, Code Deploy, S3 and Ansible.
- Worked on Openshift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Configuring log insight to all the virtual machines where critical applications are installed. Created dash boards to various applications and monitored the logs.
- Implementing continuous integration using Jenkins, configured security to Jenkins and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments.
- Ability to execute XML, Ant Scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts, JAVA Scripts.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates .
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ant and maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Evaluated Apache Mesos and Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Developed automated process for code builds and deployments; Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Sonar type Nexus, Shell Script, Perl, Java.
- Prepared projects, dashboards, reports and questions for all JIRA related services. Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC and Perform Deployment of Release to various QA&UAT environments.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Scripting of administration tasks using Command Line (CLI), PowerShell, Shell Scripting, Ruby etc.
- Production deployments via scripts in with Octopus Deployment tool.
- Created automated build/template system in Azure.
- Created and maintained the shell scripts and Perl deployment scripts for jboss application servers.
- Performed and deployed builds for various environments like qa, integration, uat and productions environments.
- Worked on both Microsoft classic management portal as well as Windows AZURE management portal.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Docker/Kubernetes Containerization and orchestration of cloud based applications.
- Integrated the front-end of the application built on NodeJS in Nginx server running in the containers.
- Worked on creating and maintaining amazon ec2 instances and auto scaling groups.
- Worked with Administration of UNIX infrastructure composed of AIX servers and Red Hat Linux.
- Worked with Docker Marathon, Mesos Infrastructure. Deploying Web applications.
- Working knowledge on TCP/IP, UDP protocols in solving network related issues on the servers.
- Worked as a release engineer for enterprise applications.
- Worked on WebSphere Application Server, Linux.
- Responsible for all operations of Oracle database on various platforms (UNIX, Windows) and various RDBMS versions (from 8.1.5 to 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124) in production, staging, test, development and QA environments. Provide 24x7 database support for main day-to-day database administration operation.
- Responsibility to perform the security scans, defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing using sonarqube, bugzilla and JMeter.
Environment: Java, AWS, EC2, S3, R53, Jira, GIT, SVN, GitHub, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Chef, Rackspace, Nagios, New Relic, IaaS, SaaS, Hadoop, Apache Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Perl, Ruby, PHP.Confidential, NE
Build & release engineer
- Created Team Project Collection from TFS 2008 Admin Console with different Team Projects under it.
- Worked with UrbanCode products like anthill, uBuild, uDeploy/UrbanCode deploy to automate the configuration.
- Build workflows from the time the source code till it is delivered. Compilation, Test, Deploy phases.
- Experience in building and handling all aspects of installations, configurations, deployments, clustering and load balancing all middleware applications like Oracle WebLogic Servers (8.x/9.x/10.x), JBoss, Angular Js, Node JS Tomcat and Apache HTTP on UNIX (Linux/Solaris) platforms across all environments.
- Configured splunk search head and cluster it to maintain high availability of knowledge objects.
- Developed Build scripts for Msbuild, Web Deploy, ANT build tools in Jenkins to move code from one environment to other environments.
- Configuration and monitoring on NetScaler.
- Created and optimized Unix shell scripts using Korn and Bash.
- Integrated Ant and maven with TFS source control to automatically trigger Builds and publish results back to TFS.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration on Apache 2.x and Apache tomcat, JBoss4.0.x Web Servers and, BEA Web Logic 8.x, 9.x servers connected to F5 Load balancers using BIG IP. Deploy web applications, EJB components, and enterprise applications on Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, and JBoss Servers.
- Written manifests/Recipes and Ruby scripts to customize the Puppet/Chef as per our environment.
- Experience in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MY SQL by using SQL for data integrity.
- Troubleshooting and supporting tasks of an engineer in day to day management, troubleshooting issues, triaging and escalations to developers.
- Configured, installed and maintained PostgreSQL onto the Dev, QA, and Prod servers.
- Building Infrastructures, Provisioning and should do the actual deployments to the production environment.
- Support Experience with automation testing tools like Selenium for Java Application.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Deployed and improved JIRA project and issue tracking software
- Work with developers, QA and configurations teams to identify and resolve build or deployment issues
- Ensures high quality build artifacts are packaged and ready for production deployments.
Environment: Cruise Control, Hudson, Ubuild, Anthill Pro, TFS, MS Build, Maven, Ivy, Oracle WebLogic Servers (8.x/9.x/10.x), JBoss, AngularJS, Node JS, Tomcat and Apache HTTP on UNIX (Linux/Solaris), Ant, Selenium, Netscaler, QTP, Agile, XP, Scrum, Lean / Kanban, Mingle, Rally, Hudson, JIRA, Crucible, SVN.Confidential
- Used subversion for branching, tagging and merging the code.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-invalidation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Created scripts for backup and restoring svn repositories.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using java server pages (jsp).
- Initiated the installation of red hat enterprise Linux (rhel).
- Responsible to resolve merging issues of code.
- Pushed releases to qa, beta, and production environments.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues.
- Arranging change control board meetings, defining guidelines for change control board.
- Creation of configuration management plans, usage models for different applications.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining quality control processes, continually meeting corporate objectives and resulting in highest level of client satisfaction.
- Developed and maintained the standard operating procedures for the software.
- Experience as rational software development life cycle engineer.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and modifying software.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.0,4.0,5.0 AS ES, HP-DL585, Oracle 9i/10g, VMware Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, BashConfidential
- Installed and configured high availability, disaster recovery systems using veritas cluster server on a two-node cluster for network file system and mqseries.
- Installed, configured and maintained various Linux/UNIX software and applications using the package management systems apt, dpkg, yum, rpm.
- Installation of patches and package management using rpm and yum in red hat Linux.
- Created and modified application related objects, created users, roles and maintained system security.
- Develop framework for system automation, design and automate ldap security groups and permissions.
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Maintained source code repository in subversion.
- Experience with apache tomcat web servers for application deployment.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Hudson.
- Monitored system activities like CPU, memory, disk and swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Preparing the design document by reviewing the solution requirement specifications.
- Verified the activity logs to ensure the completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provided 24/7 support through phone, email and remote access control.
Environment: RHEL 3/4/5, Solaris 7/8, ESX 3/4, Ubuntu, Centos, Fujitsu, M4000, EMC Symmetrix DMX 2000/3000, Linux Satellite Server, VERITAS, OpenLDAP and Active Directory.