- 8+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer and Build/Release management, SCM, Environment Management and Build/Release Engineering for automating, building, releasing and configuring changes from one environment to other environment. Extensive experience dedicated for automation and optimization along with my development skills. Have been delivering Applications to customers with no downtime by understanding and managing the space between Development and Operation teams
- Strong experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using Agile/Scrum, Waterfall and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Worked on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Environment, Service, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Code review, Incident and Change Management).
- Extensive experience working with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Hudson) for deployment purpose.
- Expertise in implementing the Configuration Management Tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, and Support of administering UNIX & Linux Servers.
- Configured and installed Red Hat Linux Servers using NIM, Kickstart.
- Experienced in using the open source monitoring tools like Nagios and Zabbix.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for Middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Experience with build and deployment using Docker tool.
- Experienced in System Builds, System Administration, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine - tuning on UNIX Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Proficient level of experience on DevOps essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Subversion (SVN), GIT, TFS, Hudson, Jenkins, Octopus deploy, Ant and Maven.
- Proficient in writing Python, Ruby, YAML, Perl, Shell, Bash, Powershell Scripting to automate the deployments.
- Hands on with different Bug Tracking Tools such as Rally, Jira, Bugzilla, Clear Quest and Remedy.
- Experience writing Python, Shell, Ruby and Perl scripts to automate the deployments.
- Strong experience in creating ANT/ MAVEN with Puppet build script for Deployment.
- Experience in administering version control system tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Strong knowledge and working experience in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SES, VPC and ELB Route53 etc.), Auto-Scaling, IAM through AWS Console.
- Expertise in using Artifactory Repository Managers like Nexus for Maven builds.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Experience in installation, configuration and management of different databases like RDBMS and NoSql tools such as SQL Server … MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, Nginx and MongoDB.
- Experience with build tools Ant and Maven for writing Build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively in JAVA and J2EE applications.
- Standardized and automated SCM tasks, such as creating tags and branches, managing access to source code repositories, controlling merges and check-ins.
- Good Command in Basic Linux, Mac OS and UNIX administration.
- Expertise in scripting languages like Shell and Python for deployment of applications on servers or middleware tools.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Cloud Computing: Amazon AWS Cloud, EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, ELB, Auto scaling, S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SQS, AWS Import/ Export
Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN
Programming& Scripting: PL/SQL, Java, Bash, Shell, Python
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6), Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows 7, Macintosh
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL.
Servers: Nginx, Apache, Tomcat
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Nexus, Artifactory
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Zabbix
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Senior DevOps Engineer
- As part of DevOps team, my role includes Release management, Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Incident management and version management.
- Providing a better workflow for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and Cloud solutions.
- In-depth experience with Amazon AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Watch, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC) and managing security groups on AWS.
- Excelled on creating AMI (AWS Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling.
- Creating Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Good experience on Networking in AWS, VPC and Data center to Cloud Connectivity, Security Groups, Route Tables and ACL's in AWS.
- Hands on experience in writing Ansible Playbooks and managing the Roles as well.
- Expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation and uninstalling of various processes.
- Extensive experience in using Ansible for managing deployments in large number of servers.
- Experienced in working on Build Automation and Build Pipeline Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and Hudson for running multiple builds at a time.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Python and Docker on familiar server like Apache.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CI/CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Hiera in Ruby
- Generated scripts in Perl, Bash, Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Hands on experience in implementing Puppet and Chef.
- Installation and configuration of management tool Puppet across RHEL environment.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Bash, Python and XML.
- Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud formation JSON templates.
- Creating Shell & Python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Configured the Docker containers and created Docker files for various applications.
- Integrated the Docker containerized applications to get them functional and working.
- Created branches and managed the source code for various applications in GIT.
- Used MAVEN to build RPM’s from source code checked out from GIT with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
- Build and deployed the applications developed based on Java, Ruby, NodeJS and Angular.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and initiated them using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Zabbix monitoring tool is used in the environment to monitor the applications load and issues.
- Attended daily stand up meetings, Sprint planning meetings and Weekly release health check-up meetings as best practices of agile environment.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Apache Web server, JIRA, Python, Shell, AWS (VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation), VDI, Linux, Java, Zabbix.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Provided operational support for mission critical systems in a 24x7 shift rotation environment. Maintenance of hardware / software configurations for Red Hat Enterprise systems/ Linux.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories.
- Created GIT repositories with standard directory layout of a trunk, branches, tags and also customized directory based on business/project need.
- Extensive use of Perforce for source code tracking and deployment, and JIRA for bug tracking.
- Troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like Web Sphere, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts and POM.xml files for generating java based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR.
- Installation and Configuration of Linux and Window Servers.
- Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Tuning Apache and Tomcat web server.
- Familiar working with networking concepts like TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS.
- Implementing continuous integration/continuous delivery (CICD) software development pipelines integrating Jenkins, chef and Maven.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven& Nexus in Linux environment.
- Maintained and administered RHEL, Solaris and SUSE Servers.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy a web application across a multinode Kubernetes cluster.
- Create and maintain complete documentation of all equipment including location, hardware, software and configurations.
- Installation and configuration of RedHat Linux on VSphere and VMware ESX.
- Configuration like assigning IP addresses, configuring network interfaces, assigning static routes, hostnames etc.
- Designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Ruby scripts.
- Creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer for distributing traffic among multiple WebLogic servers.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, VPC, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Maintained Chef Servers that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in NoSQL cloud through Chef Recipes.
Environment: Chef, GIT, Nexus, Jenkins, Python/Ruby, TOMCAT, JIRA, VMware, RHEL, Apache, Nagios, Maven, Kubernetes.
Linux/ DevOps Engineer
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments Dev, QA and UAT.
- Generated Ant, Maven, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Developed, enhanced and maintained the automated build system/process for software development projects as the Build Engineer.
- Managed Users and Groups in SVN and involved in troubleshooting client specific issues and user issues.
- Hands on experience in writing Chef Cookbooks and managing the Roles as well.
- Expertise in writing Chef Cookbooks for zero-downtime installation and uninstalling of various processes.
- Extensive experience in using Chef for managing deployments in large number of servers.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce process is by creating the scripts using Web Logic Scripting Tool (WLST)
- Build artifacts (WAR's and EAR's) are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant & Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Used Ant Build scripts for compiling and deploying the application onto Apache Tomcat Web Container.
Environment: Java, SVN, Chef, MAVEN, Hudson, Web logic, UNIX, Perl/Shell.
Linux System Administrator
- Linux System & Middleware Administrator responsible for the day to day administration and administration of RHEL 5, 6/ CentOS which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on cloud environment Amazon web services (AWS) /Open stack and Dell DRAC and configuration management using Puppet.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN).
- Expertise in various branching methodologies, merging and tagging to facilitate defect/change management in conjunction within projects across the organization.
- Ensured proper version control, revision labels and baseline management procedures as part of the release process.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching; Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Nexus and Jenkins.
- Work closely with the Networks and Security Team in opening firewalls and DNS requests required for the infrastructure.
- Meeting the release milestones, attending weekly release meetings.
- Configured and tuning JDBC Connection pools, JMS configurations and JVM tuning.
- Deployment applications (JAR, WAR, RAR and EAR) and related troubleshooting in clustered environment using Admin console and WLST scripts.
- Documented and edited the deployment procedures, customer facing and resolution issues on WIKI for our feature references.
- Worked in 24/7 Production Support on a bi-weekly basis.
Environment: Red Hat 5/6/7, Linux 5.x, Web Logic Server 8.1 sp3/sp5, Puppet, GIT, Apache 2.0., JDK 1.4, WebLogic 9.2.