- 7+ years of IT experience as a DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer and Build & Release Manager with major focus on Design, Build, Deployment, Configuration and Automation in a DevOps enterprise environment using Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment/Delivery (CD) and Continuous testing (CT) framework to provide continuous benefits and improvements to the business on key strategic and critical projects in large - scale SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS.
- 2 and half year experience with recent deep Amazon Web Service (AWS) background and working on cloud infrastructure and tools. Delivery and automation of AWS infrastructure as a part of CI/CD pipeline for enterprise applications.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software in Agile/Scrum enterprise environment.
- Experience on the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in CI/CD environment.
- Extensive experience in installation, Configuration, Updating, Support, and Maintenance of Linux (Red hat, CentOS), Ubuntu, Unix and Windows servers with expertise in troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Linux including configuration, networking, hardening, shells, package management and scripting.
- Experience in Docker Container administration, packaging, and orchestration with tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of build platform tool Docker. Experience in creating selenium grid model using Docker, running selenium test cases on Docker hub-node.
- Expertise in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes Cloud Compute (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Lambda), Storage (S3, EFS), Networking & Content Delivery (VPC, CloudFront, Route 53), Developer Tools (CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy), Security (IAM), Business Productivity (WorkDocs, WorkMail), Management Tools (CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Config). Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational Cost Control mechanisms.
- Hands-on experience with implementing and maintaining CI infrastructure, test executions and log processing.
- Experience in full automation and configuration management using tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Chef for continuous delivery. Rewritten recipes for new environments. Experience in working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Roles and Chef Environments. Experience with Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration. Involved in installation of configuration Management tool Puppet that includes Puppet Master and Puppet agents and enabling the secure communication between Master and the agents. Also Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Experience in using Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana). Familiar with Openstack and java application deployment.
- Highly skilled at supporting web and application servers (Apache, NodeJS, JBoss,Tomcat)and hands-on experience with installing and managing MySQL and Amazon web servers.
- Hands on experience in configuring and deploying the web applications on WebLogic, WebSphere, and JBoss and with application servers using Tomcat web Server.
- Experience in continuous integration and deployment using tool such as Jenkins. Improved continuous integration workflow, project testing, and deployments with Jenkins. Implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven in Jenkins. Experience in Deployment plugins like Docker Pipeline to build and use Docker containers from pipeline, Ansible plugin to support ansible in Build Management
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Proficient in major scripting languages (shell, Python, PHP, Perl). Experience in Strong CLI and API scripting. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Perl, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Proficient in Shell/Perl Scripting, Visual Build Pro, SQL, build utilities like Open make, ANT and Cruise Control. Experience as a Software Configuration Management (SCM) architect for SVN.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like MS Build Makefile.
- Extensible experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Bash, Perl and Python Scripts.
- Experience in working on version control systems like subversion, GIT and Clear case. used other source code management client tools like Tortoise SVN, Stash, Source Tree, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line application etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL(Cassandra, MongoDB) databases, replication schemes, sharding. Sound RDBMS concepts and experience in writing SQL queries and PL/SQL in databases like MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle writing Triggers, Stored Procedures and Normalization of databases.
- Worked in querying database using JDBC to get data for Data Driven Selenium Web driver framework.
- Experience with system health monitoring and optimizing performance (Cloud Watch, Nagios, Splunk)
- Experience in installing, configuring and deploying AngularJS/2, Node JS, MongoDB applications in cloud and also experience in automating the mean stack application in the server. Experience in Strong loop for connecting between NodeJS and MondoDB (Backend) and also worked on loopback framework.
- Wrote deployment Automation scripts for multiple JAVA/J2EE and .NET Applications.
- Worked with Business Systems Analysts, IT Teams, & QA Teams to discuss tickets/issues opened in Issue Management Trackers and deploy builds to various environments on parallel developments of multiple projects
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat), CentOS, IBM AIX 5.x, WINDOWS.
Version Control Tools: GIT, Source Tree, GitHub, SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case
Languages/Scripts: Bash, Python, Groovy, C, JAVA, XML, SHELL, PERL, Ruby
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle, DB2, No SQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 6.x/7.x, JBoss 7.x, Nginx, WebLogic 11g/12/c, WebSphere 7/8, Sun ONE 6.x, MS IIS server 6.0/7.0, IBM-HTTP Server
CI Tools: Jenkins, Ant HillPro, Team city, Bamboo
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Grunt, Gradle, MS Build, SBuild
DevOps Tools(CM tools): Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Testing: Junit, Selenium, cucumber, QTP
Bug Reporting Tools: BugZilla, HPQC, JIRA and Rational Clear Quest
Mean Stack: Angular JS, Angular 2, Strongloop, Loopback, Node JS, Mongo DB
Atlassian: JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java
Cloud: AWS Cloud service, Azure, Openstack
DevOps & AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, New Jersey
- Managed Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open-Source Chef Server.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining Chef server from workstation to manage and configure Chef nodes.
- Maintaining a farm of AWS solution using EC2 instances, ELB's, S3, EBS, Auto Scaling, AWS EMR and RDS. Setting up servers through using AWS for deployment or other uses for application.
- Supported 250+ AWS Cloud instances and also familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management. Experience in AWS CloudFormation template to launch Amazon EC2 instances. Working on AWS cloud to provision new instances, S3 Storage Services, AWS EC2, Cloud watch services and CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- Worked with Chef to aid with deployment process and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services. Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted & On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes & Cookbooks and uploaded to Chef-server
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers. Performed Mounting and un-mounting the netapp storageLUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered.
- Experience in working with Modules, Classes, Manifests in Puppet.
- Developing Configuration Management modules and tools using Opscode Chef and Ruby.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Deploying the Openstack components on multimode with High availability environment
- Configuring the Openstack keystone, glance, cinder, swift. Integrated Openstack to create software-Defined-Networking tenant and service provider network and routers.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Python, Shell script etc.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications. Scheduled the Linux Cron jobs and Jenkins jobs for build automation.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Experience with Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Worked in Deploying the web application created with Angular 2, Node JS, Mongo DB in AWS EC2 Instances and also experience in creating collections, Inserting data and updating the data. Also worked in the backend by using NodeJS, ExpressJS and MongoDB
- Experience in AWS S3 Browser for pushing object files to the AWS S3 Console cloud and also worked on permissions, properties, etc. Worked on storing the web applications (CSS, Server, Client, etc) in Amazon S3 Bucket and linking to the Route 53 by generating name servers.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Handled all the client side validations, slide show, hide and show controls, dropdown menus and tab navigation using Angular.JS and HTML5 and jQuery.
- Managing universal forwarder nodes through Splunk forwarder management and management console
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments & checking out the code from GIT and use Ant/Maven to build Jar, war and ear artifacts.
- Deploying and Working on Web application & Implementing the Private cloud setup On Stack Ops / Open Stack, AWS Cloud.
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Migrate the Build tool Jenkins to Bamboo and integrated with Bitbucket and JIRA. Utilized Bitbucket server, Bamboo, and Crucible integrated with Jira and Confluence. Accomplishing parity of process between the two systems before releasing to the stakeholders. Set up customized Jira Projects, Workflow, Confluence Spaces and Jira permission.
- Generated Python Django forms to record data of online users and used PyTest for writing test cases.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Linux/AIX, VMware, Amazon web services (AWS), GIT, Github, SVN, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Bash, Python, PowerShell, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Packer, AWS Code Deploy, Terraform, Jira, Cucumber, Selenium, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, and JBoss.
Build and Release Engineer
- Setting up new development branches, merging branches, facilitating the releases. Setting up the new repos, Managing the permissions for various GIT branches. Creating adhoc GIT stashes. Created post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repositories. Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging and merge requests.
- Worked with Ant, Maven and Gradle Build tools in Java and CPP Environment. Used Build Tool Maven for setup of Build Jobs in Jenkins.
- Involved in Migration activities from Ant to Maven and also Maven to Gradle to enhance the build process
- Mounting & unmounting the netapp storage LUNs to the Redhat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered. Performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Experience in setting up the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices. for Release Automation of Java and Oracle Fusion Middleware Applications (Oracle ADF, Oracle SOA, OSB)
- Migration of Redhat linux servers from 4.x version and working with the application team to resolve the issues post migration. Building the Red hat Linux server in Vmware ESX client through Vsphere client
- Storage mapping on Red hat linux and create the Volume group, Filesystems using Logical Volume manager. Installed/Configured redhat Linux cluster 5x version & Configuring the cluster resources
- Worked closely with developers to define and configure application servers, virtual hosts, web applications, web resources, back-end resources as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Team role included working in VMware Orchestrator and VMware vRealize AutomationCenter 6.0 (vRA) catalog management creating cloud server provisioning entitlements, creating and defining business groups, creating catalog items, creating services for the catalog items, creating Windows 2008/2012) and Linux (Red Hat6) blueprints.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux Network Administration.
- Responsible for development and enhancement of existing application using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Automated builds and deployments of business-critical customer-facing J2EE web applications into Web sphere 6.x application server environment on Solaris 10 platform.
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with JBoss servers.
- Supporting day to day Emergency releases, Maintenance releases for every 2 weeks and Enterprise releases for every 4 weeks.
- Provided centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment.
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, Maven Build and Stash.
Environment: Maven, Redhat Linux, Unix, Jira, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, JIRA, Apache/Tomcat server, shell scripts, Perl scripts, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, and JBoss.
Build and Release Engineer
- As a Build and Release Engineer, handled different development teams and a number of simultaneous software releases. Installed and configured Redhat Linux, Windows Server 2000, 2003 and ESX/ESXi servers and app software in across the network mostly Dell, HP and IBM hardware.
- Implementation of advanced partitioning schemes using Software RAID and LVM. Performed Servers consolidation and virtualization using VMware virtual infrastructure, VMware ESX, Virtual Center, VM tools.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Constructed/Architected a Continuous Integration CI Server and Implemented Build/Deploy automation Server utilizing CI Technologies like Subversion, Maven, MS Build, Ant, Sonar and Selenium for both .NET and JAVA Applications on mixed OS (Windows/Linux/Unix).
- Performed day-to-day admin activities like creating and managing Build, deploy activities and improving the release process.
- Used MAVEN to build the project into WAR and EAR files and Clear Case for version controlling.
- Responsible for development and enhancement of existing application using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with Apache, Web logic on Linux servers.
- Worked with Red hat Linux tools like RPM to install packages and patches for Red hat Linux Server and managed virtualized OS.
- Co-ordinate with Middle ware team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with b Application Server and Apache/Tomcat server on Linux.
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the file system using Red Hat volume manager.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing automation solution.
- Knowledge of concepts in code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning etc.
Environment: Linux/ Unix, Websphere, Junit, Java, Maven, Tomcat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, UNIX, SVN, ANT.