- 23+ years of direct work experience in support of information technology, cloud migration, virtualization technologies to include application, operating system and hardware virtualization.
- 8 years of direct work experience, to include: Design/Build, Development, Production, Installation, and Test and Evaluation of application/hardware/operating system virtualization projects.
- 4 years as manager of LAN/WAN projects, to include: Supervising Project Personnel, Scheduling Work, Writing proposals, preparing bids, and contract modifications.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Confidential procurement policies and procedures.
Operating systems: Solaris, AIX, HP - UX, Linux, DOS 6.2, Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP, Citrix Winframe /Metaframe, X-Windows, Novell Netware v.4.0 -4.11, OS/390, OS/2, OS/400, MVS, and Confidential Mapper.
Hardware: VM Ware, Sun Sparc Workstations, Sun Server, HP Workstations, IBM PC, IBM PS/2, Intel 80X86 Family, HP-9000,IBM RS/6000, SGI, AS/400.
Databases: Oracle 6, 7.3, 8i, DB/400, DB2, Access 97/2000, SQL Server 2000, Sybase 4, 9, 10, Informix, dBase III+
Tools & Methodologies: PaaS, SaaS, DaaS, Cloud, SAP, GFEBS, Splunk 6.6, Oracle Designer 2000 and Developer 2000, Oracle Portal (9iAS), Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft People Tools, SQL Navigator, Toad, SQL PLUS 8, ODBC, MS Project 2003, 2007 and 2010, MS SharePoint, Informatica, IIS, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Cloud, SAP HR, Cold Fusion, Sqribe SQR, Infocus, JD Edwards A7.3, Visio, ERP, Crystal Reports, CRM, Actuate, Rational Clear Quest, PVCS Tracker, Support Magic, Lotus Notes, Quantum, IaaS, Platinum, ERWin, Legato Networker, VERITAS NetBackup, Dreamweaver, PeopleSoft EPM, BEA Weblogic, Mercury ITG,HP Portfolio Management, Hyperion, InTrust, Quest STAT, BillPlex, Eftia MasterScribe, Cognos ReportNet, PowerPlay, Impromptu, Brio Reports 6.0, Oracle Financials/Applications, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Remedy Action Request System, OLAP, ROLAP, Hypervisor, Storage, Service Orchestration, VPN, Firewall, Load balancing, KVM, VMware and Web Intelligence.
Subject Matter Expert
- Develop and review policies, standards and procedures that meet Office of Information Security approved policy and regulatory requirements; modify existing programs to meet current requirements.
- Assist client to facilitate IT security/risk awareness and develop related training curriculum.
- Promote awareness of regulatory standards, organizational risk and industry best practices across the organization.
- Managed Information systems core documents (SSP, BCP, and FIPS 199/200) and relevant security documents (Diagrams).
- Analyze information security systems and applications and recommends and develops security measures to protect information against unauthorized modification or loss
- Liaison to provide IT security guidance to division in discovery and planning of new security products, services or applications.
- Facilitate incident response and forensic investigations using Splunk when required.
- Perform risk assessment and provide mitigation strategies or recommendations to client.
- Analyze and deconstruct requirements to communicate them to diverse technical teams such as programmers, integrators, and developers for design implementation
- Provide guidance on technical processes and oversee IT activities to track progress and ensure that projects tasks are complete efficiently and correctly
- Review and analyze current corporate technical environment and recommend ways to improve technical and business processes; provide input for IT strategic pans and technology roadmaps
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in meetings, conference calls, and other forms of communication; collaborate with various teams to align technical activities with project plans, scope and timeframes.
- Develop system security plans to support in-house applications
- Conduct security assessment on some in-house applications and make recommendations
- Demonstrate commitment to providing customer-focused quality service
- Perform other duties, based upon experience.
- Collaborate with client on cybersecurity data analysis
- Make recommendation to client about security findings on user behavior analysis, intrusion detection systems and other network threats.
- Managed application development, testing using Agile methodology.
- Communicated with all levels of organization (external and internal).
- Responsible for gathering and organizing technical information about directorate's mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs.
- Prepared project budget, timeline, and resource estimates, and builds project business case for senior management approval.
- Planned, supervised and coordinated the design, installation, and connectivity of a computer and network systems to ensure stable, scalable, redundant and secure 24/7 network operations.
- Collaborated and reported to executive management on cost and budget, accuracy and alignment of scope, delivery time, and resource allocation
- Contributed to strategic planning and business development for new and current programs by documenting program requirements, defining success factors, developing budgets and resource plans
- Supervised the implementation of the IT/network components of a security automation system, including network/access controls, and security.
- Monitor and track business applications team performance, provide feedback and take corrective actions as needed.
- Justify the hiring of additional resources for project implementation and system maintenance.
- Oversaw configuration, maintenance and documentation of (Cisco) routers, switches, wireless controllers, network management software (Cisco Prime, Security Manager, Solarwinds), VPN concentrators, and adaptive security and intrusion prevention appliances.
- Provide technical leadership to several multidisciplinary Agile teams that support the maintenance and enhancements of a portfolio of applications developed in various technology platforms and COTS solutions including Java, .NET C#, Oracle, HP TRIM, Documentum, etc.
- Ensure final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Deliver weekly status reporting and metrics related to contracts review.
- Work with business unit to define and establish full scope of contract specifications.
- Participate in JAD sessions and Configuration Management for Requirements definition and analysis of commercial off the shelf/government off the shelf (COTS/GOTS) products to meet documented requirements.
- Provided programmatic and EVM guidance and controls for COTS software implementation programs and projects.
- Provided support for the installation/configuration/upgrades of COTS tools.
- Identify checkpoints for projects and facilitate.
- Manage program in collaboration with Army client.
- Identify issues in software development products before and during release cycles.
- Responsible for Business Process Improvement and make suggestions to Production issues.
- Managed application development, testing using Agile methodology.
- Coordinate work performed by vendors and vendor service level agreements (SLAs).
- Design and deployed project management templates in support of predictable and repeatable successful life cycle development processes and methodologies.
- Participates in contract start-up, implementation, and close-out procedures ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of the contractual agreement policies and procedures.
- Led multi-disciplinary teams in defining, planning and influencing the application of various cloud computing infrastructures, frameworks for executing Army Data Center Consolidation Plan ( Confidential ). Generated papers and presentations communicating the benefits and risks of cloud computing.
- Implemented a Project Management Office and developed standard project management procedures using the guidelines of Confidential .
- Performed infrastructure discovery and rationalization on current Confidential systems, including the Global Information Grid and net-centric services (NCES).
- Participated in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long range strategic plans and operating plans to insure that the enterprise architecture objectives are consistent with long term business objectives.
- Coordinated work performed by outside vendors and monitored vendor service level agreements (SLAs).
- Met with government and industry cloud computing subject matter experts, exploring new technologies, applications and standards. Responsible for ensuring that work performed is within scope, consistent with requirements.
- Developed solutions to business problems using SharePoint 2003/2007/2010 technologies.
- Set up a Portfolio Management Office for OACSIM (a directorate of the ARMY).
- Designed, implemented and managed the level three, Project Management Office for the Corporate Development and Strategic Planning initiatives OACSIM PfMO.
- Provided successful project management and leadership skills to high profile, enterprise-wide technology initiatives.
- Conducted content review of SharePoint portal to ensure compliance with portal site policies.
- Worked with customers to develop new or custom features to software products/services.
- Led diverse Project Leaders and Functional Managers to develop and implement a standardized project management methodology.
- Designed and deployed project management templates in support of the corporate objective of a predictable and repeatable successful life cycle development process.
- Developed strategies, plans, and operational guidelines for emerging reporting and quality management metrics of Program delivery and associated toolsets.
- Responsible for structuring the approach, messaging, and PfMO resources necessary to establish and manage a proactive information quality program associated with key Projects at OACSIM. In addition, manage the reporting of PfMO results to senior leadership on a periodic basis.
- Program definition and project prioritization. Alignment, selection of programs and projects with business benefits realization.
- Collaboratively design, drive strategy and tactical plans toward holistic vulnerability management
- Assessed and developed governance, reporting, scanning tool architecture, ticketing systems, and communication packages
- Developed risk-based vulnerability prioritization, reporting, and developing remediation steps
- Identified network and operations problems and understand when to fix or when to mitigate risk.
- Provided daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Provided technical support for secure software development and integration tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adhering to the design concept and to user standards.
- Analyzed and recommended resolution of security and Information Assurance (IA) problems on the basis of knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations.
- Identified regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards, and procedures and recommends appropriate changes.
- Responsible for the development and management of information systems security schedules and milestones which included: POAMs, and monthly security submissions
- Managed POAMs through the develop of artifacts and security documentation
- Responsible for POAMs successful POAM remediation
- Identified, drafted reports, and helped resolve security violations
- Managed Information systems core documents (SSP, BCP, and FIPS 199/200) and relevant security diagrams.
- Prepared action plan and monitored corrective measures to maintain adequate level of security to meet audit and regulatory requirements for FIPS and FISMA.
- Planned modernization designed and implemented a plan to implement a floor layout of desktop computer equipment and other office automation equipment for end-users.
- Implemented a Project Management Office and developed standard project management procedures using the guidelines of Confidential and helpdesk standards using the ITIL framework.
- Reviewed contract modifications to prime and sub contracts, including working with the technical team on all necessary budget modifications or changes in contract/subcontract requirements.
- Participated in JAD sessions and Configuration Management for Requirements definition and analysis of commercial off the shelf/government off the shelf (COTS/GOTS) products to meet documented requirements.
- Supervised the implementation of the IT/network components of a security automation system, including network/access controls, and security.
- Managed an Oracle database/applications migration and by adhering to Oracle’s Agile PLM methodology.
- Managed and assisted the contract negotiation and or re-negotiation process for assigned business units
- Led the operations of the Program Office.
- Participated in contract start-up, implementation, and close-out procedures ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of the contractual agreement and procedures.
- Developed and maintained an internal audit process to ensure compliance with all contract terms and conditions.
- Led the migration of SharePoint Portal Server 2003/2007 to 2010 infrastructure and implemented MOSS 2010.
- Migrate sites and content to MOSS 2010.
- Ensured that SharePoint Server Farms designs are optimal to meet corporate needs
- Customized SharePoint master pages and to meet department/organization standards
- Ensured stable performance of the infrastructure environment and identified /resolves, escalates issues
- Managed vendors and third party contractors to construct network infrastructure
- Proposed and led changes to SharePoint architecture to ensure that business needs in terms of features and performance are met
- Configured and maintained document libraries, lists, and WSS site collections and deployed SharePoint at the enterprise level in a distributed global environment
- Assumed an active role in enforcing the governance model for SharePoint usage
- Ensured the environment uptime and quality of service including backup and restore, managing third party tools and performance tuning
- Interviewed business users and documented their needs and requirements
- Followed internal release and capacity management processes to deploy the features, sites and tools
- Provided a framework to effectively run and track all projects within a program.
- Provided proactive resolution of issues and risks.
- Mitigation of impacts caused by unforeseen or unplanned situations.
- Managed program finances in collaboration with the client.
- Established and maintained Project Governance that adhered to Federal regulatory standards.
- Introduced a Project Management Office (PMO) resulting in 80% increase in productivity in 90 days.
- Managed a large scale, enterprise-wide, complex Infrastructure projects for Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) a Department of Justice agency as part of their IT Modernization effort.
- Managed and led Data Center facilities and cross-functional team.
- Managed Data Center infrastructure capacity planning (floor space, racks, power, and cabling, cooling, inventory).
- Accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle: requirements definition through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch, and production support
- Responsible for infrastructure discovery, assessments and provided technical for solutions ATF's
- Led an upgrade, migrations of servers/databases for a Datacenter/Server Consolidation.
- Established operational procedures and programs across a technology portfolio.
- Responsible for a hand-held wireless upgrade for field officers.
- Collaborated with Internal Audit as needed to ensure that necessary controls are implemented to mitigate risk and close gaps within Configuration Management tools.
- Documented procedures in order to establish and maintain compliance with ATF Business and regulatory requirements.
- Managed procurement for hardware, software and consultancy contracts in collaboration with vendors and IT resources.
- Managed a team of systems administrators to upgrade of distributed systems (storage, UNIX, Linux and Windows) environment.
- Ensured compliance with disaster recovery procedures, patches for operating systems are adhered to according to security standards, maintenance policies, and vendor recommendations.
- Led the upgrade of Enterprise Microsoft Project MS 2007 to MS Project 2010 and the development of a road map for implementing additional 2010 functionality to improve performance of the program, information dissemination to Government Client, and higher data integrity.
- Prepared information systems security plans that outline regulations and establish and implements governing computer security policy.
- Assisted in the development and delivery of computer security awareness products and briefings.
- Coordinated with government agencies to obtain rulings and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations.
- Managed expectations of project sponsors and business owners; assigned and managed resources.
- Led project teams to design and implement applications by providing expertise in the areas of data, presentation, application, integration, and security
- Managed delivery schedules and budget; ensured deliverables were met, negotiated with client managers to resolve conflicts and issues.
- Led project integration activities involving enterprise applications, for Social Security Beneficiary Care, billing, rating, invoicing, and legacy reports conversion.
- Investigated and oversaw the implementation of best practices in technology, security, and common components and facilitated their transfer to various internal groups.
- Managed requirements and client relations - from business requirements gathering and analysis, Request for Proposals, with individual contracts worth up to $2M.
- Reported on project metrics and progress tracked through Mercury Quality Center.
- Designed templates for various phases of software development lifecycle.
- Coordinated with project managers from other teams to ensure that issues were addressed, action plans are in place and client’s requirements are met.
- Performed risk assessments on key IT processes or assets, identified vulnerabilities and proposed solutions to mitigate risk.
Senior Business Analyst
- Managed Project Performance and providing status updates to the Stakeholders and PMO of this performance.
- Participated in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with Army Research Laboratory (ARL) goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Managed the metrics for Service Level Agreements (SLA's), providing periodic report cards, using both quantitative and qualitative measures of performance to contract terms, shared with both service partners and senior management.
- Assisted the project sponsor and contracting office in developing service partner expense projections, as part of the overall IT budget, and Confidential 5000 processes.
- Setup a Program Management Office framework for a Directorate of the Army Research Laboratory.
- Consolidated project schedules into master plans.
- Collaborated with Confidential auditors and compliance officers in order to complete requests for audit controls.
- Worked with business development team to respond to government integrator request for proposals (RFPs).
- Defined and provided supporting reports on policy breaches and exceptions.
- Established Process Improvement Programs following frameworks including ITIL, CMMi and PMI methodology.
- Utilized project management software and other related software to track schedules and baselines.
- Provided training, presentations on best practices, methodologies and regulations such as Confidential Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- Supported weekly Portfolio PMO status communications.
- Manage and assist the contract negotiation and or re-negotiation process for assigned business units.
- Built and maintained the SharePoint Issue management site.
- Project Server and SharePoint administration across multiple sites.
- Coordinated resource on boarding and roll off.
- Provided support to PMO Managers across the Portfolio. Scheduled meetings & publish meeting minutes.
- Set up project management office (PMO), methodologies and documentation.
- Established and maintained Project Governance and Adhering regulatory standards.
- Developed project-planning templates for Project Management Office (PMO) including project charters, issues resolutions, resource pools, departmental views, customized filters, tables and earned value analysis.
- Identified metrics to measure performance to project objectives.
- Provided routine and ad hoc reports on project performance to management.
- Developed portions of Enterprise Risk Management consulting product offering based on CobiT frameworks.
- Review ongoing and proposed projects to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement.
- Automated documents, project and change requirements.
- Tracked and managed Microsoft Project Server 2003 Enterprise Project portfolio consisting of over 3M in Development and Applications support.
- Streamlined time and schedule cost reporting to business clients, sponsors and upper executive management.
- Managed project teams to use Enterprise PMO compliance reporting project server enterprise templates to report dashboard metrics and capture critical path issues that may delay the project efforts
- Directed and provided supported internal audits, mandatory regulatory compliance processes.
- Supported multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provided technical leadership for complex systems development, ongoing support for varied technologies and major projects which included applications development, business analysis and systems integration.
- Managed large or critical projects as assigned to ensure objectives are met on time and within cost while continuing to utilize technical expertise.
- Assisted in defining and delivering global and strategic technical projects.
- Managed offshore projects and teams.
- Worked on the Army eHRS ( Confidential ) project converting legacy systems to an Oracle data warehouse environment.
- Established COTS transformation vision, architecture, integration and business case PeopleSoft CRM/ERP.
- Managed the definition, development, delivery and deployment of PeopleSoft HR, Payroll modules to meet customer needs.
- Developed PeopleSoft Business Intelligence reports (COGNOSs) for upper management review.
- Responsible for deploying and reporting compliance on industry regulation, regulatory compliance, and international security standards, which included FISMA, SOX, ISO27001.
- Performed Risk Control Assessment and also identified key controls and communicated risks and solutions to clients.
- Determined project approach, staffing, responsibilities and schedule.
- Developed, documented and implemented control processes as they relate to SOX compliance.
- Developed and/or reviewed estimates and estimating assumptions for the project’s schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and experience.
- Managed relationships and coordinated work between virtual teams at different locations.
- Monitored relationships with vendors and sub-contractors to ensure adherence to contract.
- Composed templates for Detailed Designs, User Acceptance Test Scripts.
Senior Data Analyst
- Analyzed data using SQL, Excel and other tools.
- Generated reports from Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) datawarehouse/portal
- Generated reports using various data sources.
- Managed compliance with industry and statutory data needs and statutes such as HIPAA & HITECH regulations and Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program rules and requirements.
- Ensured timelines for loading/validating data are met.
- Participated in the full lifecycle of ETL software development - analysis, design, documentation and testing.
- Collaborated with division managers, technical leads and developers throughout the SDLC.
- Documented use cases, designing and driving data solutions, and documented the process.
- Developed standardized and ad hoc reports and analyses for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
- Troubleshoot, assist and develop solutions for OS level server and software issues as they arise.
- Performed analysis and data cleansing to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Developed rules and methodologies for effective data management and best practice implementation.
- Assisted in the development and enhancement of data warehouse and business intelligence systems that the CRM system feeds.
- Responsible for initial data assessment, data quality analysis, source-to-target mappings for data migration and integration, and testing support.
- Worked with Data Architects and Application Owners to analyze data in the legacy application to determine data migration complexity, to identify information gaps against new requirements or conflicts across multiple legacy applications
- Developed source-to-target mapping documents by analyzing data content and physical data structures in the legacy and downstream applications. Develop mappings to enable data migration, application integration for transformation to a data warehouse.
Project Lead/Independent Contractor
- Designed, implemented and managed the performance of an enterprise data warehouse and data mart applications.
- Communicated with both technical and non-technical users (business analysts and data modelers to efficiently and clearly interpret business requirement specifications and translate into data warehouse designs).
- Conducted and participated in design sessions with key technical and business owners to design the data marts.
- Performed vulnerability assessments, determine residual security risks, prepare certification test finding reports, and provide formal accreditation recommendations.
- Maintained working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures and develop and maintain a formal Information Systems Security Program.
- Assisted various IT managers by providing expertise and vendor management support in their efforts to identify various software/hardware support and maintenance commitments.
- Conducted tests and enforced IS security policies
- Vulnerability tracking and reporting
- Tracked security vulnerabilities for agency's systems using an automated vulnerability tracking system.
- Coordinated internal quality management for Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) documents and other POA&M deliverables or tasks.
- Helped produce weekly and monthly status reports.
- Interfaced with the customer in both scheduled and ad-hoc meetings.
- Provided security and IT subject matter expert support to the client.
- Identified and estimated risk on both the technical and policy level.
- Reviewed mitigation strategies and provide positive feedback to Information Security Officers.
- Participated in ISSO meetings and training sessions.
- Team lead in charge of contractors and vendors.
- Ensured product schedules and provisioning requirements are met.
- Functional lead in charge of the Network Operations Center.
- Generated and drafted status reports and other documentation to senior management.
- Assisted department leads to process and estimate new requests/requirements, prepared proposals and determined implementation schedule.
- Identified, tracked, managed and resolved project issues.
- Provided technical and business solutions in information technology, telecommunications provisioning, systems integration, computer applications and database management, document services, voice and data networks, network and systems engineering and management, and vendor management.
- Worked as business relationship liaison with Facilities, Telco and Data Network teams to understand requirements for new projects.
- Responsible for vendor management by sending and tracking letters to a large set of IS vendors such as notifications, consents, transfers, etc.
- Managed the Data Center design, technology implementation, capacity planning/scaling, and operations for multiple data centers.
- Managed Data Center circuit teams, fiber optics vendors to follow up on deliverables.
- Ensured compliance with disaster recovery procedures, patches OS are adhered to according to security standards, maintenance policies, and vendor recommendations.
- Participated in architecture, design, and development of high performance, redundant, and scalable MDM solutions for competitive local exchange carriers (telecommunications). .
- Established operational procedures and programs for audit compliance.
- Worked closely with product development team to resolve customer issues when necessary.
- Worked with operation team to plan patches and maintenance releases.
- Participated, led technical discussions with customers and other technical teams.
- Responsible for contractor and vendor management.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Configured and installed Novell NetWare and GroupWise on and user workstations.
- Installed, supported and maintained server hardware and software.
- Managed daily backup software, connectivity hardware and software
- Managed user accounts - new, permissions, and passwords
- Managed print services and monitored network usage.