- Overall 7+ years of IT experience as a Java Developer, CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), strong background in Build and Release Management and Cloud Implementation all within that suites the needs of an environment under DevOps Culture.
- Experience in developing web applications using Struts and Spring 2.0/3.0 frameworks.
- Experience in working on Spring Boot Application.
- Experience in using ORM tools like Hibernate and JPA.
- Experienced with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented Analysis (OOA), UML and associated tools such as Rational Rose.
- Experience in Message Driven programming using JMS.
- Experience in handling data formats like JSON, XML and CSV.
- Expertise in working with Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server2005/2000 and DB2 databases along with writing Triggers and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in deploying applications on application server like IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBoss and web server Apache Tomcat.
- Experienced in SOA based architecture developing Web Services SOAP (JAX - WS) and Restful (JAX-RS).
- Experience in using Junit for unit testing.
- Experience in implementing J2EE Design Patterns like Factory Method, Front Controller, Application Controller, Singleton, DAO, DTO, MVC and SOA etc.
- Experience in using IDE’S such as Eclipse, MyEclipse, NetBeans, WSAD5, JDeveloper2005.
- Experience in UNIX environment and expertise in several flavors of Linux including Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu .
- Excellent hands on experience on configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible .
- Hands on experience in creating roles and writing Playbooks for the same using Ansible.
- Experience in Administration / Maintenance of source control management systems such as GIT tools like GitHub , GitLab, Clear Case and Subversion SVN . Created tags and Branches, Fixed the merge issues and administered Software Repositories.
- Migrated Version Management Systems CVS -> SVN, SVN -> CVS, SVN ->Git and Clear Case ->Git .
- Good knowledge in creating and maintaining various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant .
- Provisioned numerous tool chains for multiple teams including UrbanCode Deploy, Docker, GitHub, Enterprise and Jenkins .
- Experience in Automated processes with custom built Python, Ruby, Shell and Bash scripts .
- Experience in creating instances using AWS EC2 .
- Experience in cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates .
- Good experience in other Amazon web services which includes S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups etc .
- Experience in using build automation tools like MAVEN, Bamboo, Gradle, and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR & EAR from source code.
- Involved in configuring and integrating the servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and cresting new machines using CM/ Provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible .
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, MongoDBand Server DB Tasks .
- Extensive experience on Open stack, Nagios, Splunk , Dynamite, AutoSys, Zabbix monitoring Tool s.
- Experience in troubleshooting and networking protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SNMP, FTP etc .
- Excellent knowledge on ITIL process and had best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x, Solaris 9.x/10.x/11.x, UBUNTU Windows NT/XP/2003/2008, Mac OS X
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, SQL.
Scripting Languages: Unix Shell Scripting, Bash, Python, Jython,, Ruby.
Frameworks: Spring 3.0, Struts 2, JSF and Hibernate (ORM)
Design Patterns: Factory Method, Singleton, Front Controller, Application Controller, MVC, DAO, DTO and SOA
Application/Web Servers: Tomcat 6.0/7.0, Web Logic 9.0/10.0, JBoss, Websphere 6.0/ 7.0/8.0
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MY SQL, MongoDB, SQL Plus and Redis.
Automation/Monitoring tools: ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Nagios, Rundeck, Nexus, Zabbix.
Source Control Tools: Subversion(SVN), GIT, GitHub, GitLab, CVS, Clear Case
Cloud Services: AWS, OpenStack
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, OSI, SNMP, FTP, DNS, SMTP
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer/ Systems Engineer
- Worked on migrating Configuration Management from Puppet to Ansible
- Created a DevOps CICD workflow using Jenkins, GIT and Ansible
- Installed,configured and administered Continuous Integration tools Jenkins and Hudson. Also created a deployment pipeline using same for Continuous Devlivery.
- Automated the build process using bash and python.
- Involved in Development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Ansible, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Managed Configurations of multiple servers using Ansible
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Wrote several Playbooks and created various roles for applications using Ansible and deployed the Applications/Services on the client hosts.
- Integrated Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configurations of new servers
- Used several Ansible modules which includes scripting (bash,command), cloud modules, storage modules etc.
- Worked with NOSQL MongoDB. Installation and configuration.
- Created a MongoDB cluster for DEV environment. Used Ansible playbooks for deployment.
- Imported key spaces, usernames and passwords from QA environment MongoDB cluster.
- SSh ed into several hosts, debugged and made sure all the apps/services are running fine
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python which act as backend for the Ansible scripts to get deployed in the client hosts through Infrared
- Developed an Ansible role for Zabbix-agent which will be integrated into the CICD pipeline.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT/Subversion support for different projects.
- Creation of branches in GIT and Subversion for parallel development process.
- Used Continuous Integration tools Jenkins and Hudson to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (Ansible, Yum, rsync Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker. Integration of Jenkins with Jira, GitHub.
- Create and manage Cinder volumes in OpenStack Cloud.
- Monitoring running stacks including events & resources on OpenStack Cloud.
- Knowledge in Implementation of horizontal auto-scaling use cases using OpenStack components - Heat, Ceilometer.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in OpenStack cloud through Ansible Play books.
- Managed and monitored the server and network infrastructure using Nagios.
- Ensured uptime of Nginx with GEO load balanced and Zabbix monitoring.
- Created VM’s in Monsoon environment and was involved in operations team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve configuration related VMware issues.
- Active Directory Management specific to VMware view deployment.
- Generated client/server certificates using Bulk API and copied the certificates on all the DEV hosts, wrote an ansible script for the same.
- Interacted with databases team to create our own Cassandra cluster and imported all the keyspaces,usernames and passwords from the QA cluster.
Environment: CI/CD, SVN, GIT, GitHub, Shell (Bash), Python, Ansible, MongoDB, Git, Jenkins, Maven, VMware, Shell, JIRA, Nagios, OpenStack, Zabbix, Cassandra and SonarQube.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
System Administrator/ DevOps Engineer
- Assisted in migrating applications from customer on-premises datacenter to the cloud (AWS).
- Defined a migration strategy by understanding the application architecture in working with the development team.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Managed AWS EC2 virtual instances using Puppet.
- Wrote shell scripts to install Zabbix-agents on to EC2 instances.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and Cloud solutions.
- Used Ansible for configuration management and deployed all the services on to the cloud using Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks and created tasks for various aplications, ran the scripts to deploy the applications on client hosts.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Perl & Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Developed pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Utilized Puppetand Puppet dashboard for Configuration Management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day CVS/Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Creation of branches in CVS and Subversion for parallel development process.
- Exposure in installing/upgrading Jenkins/Bamboo/Team City infrastructure on multiple servers; set-up GitLab for managing source control system and setup for Master, slave architecture to improve performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Implemented Continuous Integration web hooks and workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase.
- Worked extensively with ANT and MAVEN build tools for writing build.xml and pom.xml files respectively.
- Managed and monitored the server and network infrastructure using Nagios.
- Responsible for onboarding and configuring for Splunk and Zabbix.
- Involved in managing other version control tools like GIT.
- Worked on migrating SCM from GitLab to Stash.
- Architected hybrid AWS and on-premise solutions for technology clusters and patterns.
- Experience with KVM and AWS
- Established shared IT service centers for Cloud operations.
- WroteShell and Perl scripts to take backup oracle database.
- Generated AWS migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
- Collaborated with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute migration plans.
- Got feedback from common Enterprise requirements into AWS service development teams, Basic Qualifications.
Environment: CI/CD, SVN, ANT, Maven, AWS EC2, Puppet, Bash Shell, Perl, Git, GitHub, GitLab Jenkins, VMware, Tomcat, Shell, JIRA, Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, KVM, and SonarQube.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Full Stack Developer
- Involved in the Analysis, Design, Coding and testing components in the application.
- Generated POJO classes to map to the tables in the database using the JPA - Hibernate integration.
- Developed the application as a Spring Boot App.
- Worked in a CICD and ATDD environment.
- Highly involved in performing unit testing for the existing components and newly developed components
- Developed controllers and REST services to hit other internal and external API's to perform a task.
- Worked with postman and rest client to test the URL get, post responses of the application.
- The application has inbound and outbound API's to it.
- Application both consumes and generates a JSON.
- Worked on parsing JSON to java objects and vice versa.
- Tweaked pom.xml files to update or add dependencies or add sonar tags.
- Written application.poperties to add various properties to application such as Cassandra, Oracle contact points or other file locations in the repository.
- Used collections concept to a great extent.
- The important objects created in the application are of type nested HashMaps.
- Widely used beans concept of Spring to create and use objects of a class.
- Used TestNG, Junit, Mockito and power mockito for unit testing components.
- Worked very closely with SonarQube to maintain highest standards of code quality.
- Used Cassandra and Oracle as DB's for the application. The legacy info was going to Oracle and rest to cassandra
- Used Nexus Repository to store the jars and dependencies.
- Used java 1.8 features like stream, lamda expressions and functional interface etc.
- Used GitHub Enterprise as a Source Code Management tool.
- Branching and forking in GitHub was used for versioning of the application.
- Installed and deployed to Amazon EC2 instance.
- Worked with various AWS services like S3, Auto Scaling, RDS, Security Groups etc.
- Used maven as a build tool.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous integration.
- Used Kafka and Akka frameworks for messaging and queuing.
- Used log4j for logging.
- Worked in a fast paced Agile and Kanban environment.
Environment: Java 1.8, J2EE, Web Services, SOAP, REST, SOA, Hibernate, SpringBoot, Spring MVC, Cassandra, Oracle 11g, JAXB, JNDI, Java Beans, AKKA, Kafka, Jenkins, Docker, AWS EC2, SonarQube, JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Power Mockito, Log4j, Ant, Maven 3.3.9, XML, XSLT, SQL, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Unix, Linux, Agile.
- Involved in project design using Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Configured and maintained the Spring Application Framework.
- Used Spring 2.0 for Dependency injection and integrated with Hibernate.
- Web application development using JQuery and AJAX.
- Created Hibernate mapping and Hibernate configuration files for data manipulation which includes Configuring Hibernate properties, that defines the connection to the Database.
- Created various Web services using JAX-WS and generated the WSDL.
- Developed Business logic using Java beans, Servlets, Interfaces and POJO Objects.
- Used JMS for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information such as payment reports.
- Prepared ETL design document which consists of the database structure, change data capture, Error handling, restart and refresh strategies.
- Maintained backup schedules for server storage. Read and interpreted UNIX logs.
- Integrating different modules and deploying them on UNIX.
- Used Web Sphere Application Server for deploying various components of application.
- Designed and implemented action-flows for persistence for user entered data.
- Utilized design patterns such as singleton to access DAO.
- Performed code review, unit tested the application using Junit and SVN for version control.
- Involved in test execution and Defect Reporting using Jira.
Environment: JavaSE, Java EE, Spring, Spring DAO, Hibernate, REST Services, Java Beans, Servlets, JSP, JQuery, AJAX, Web Sphere Application Server, Eclipse, Oracle 10g, SVN, JMS, Junit, UNIX, ER-Studio, Rational Rose.
- Used the Struts validation, Struts Custom tags and Tiles Framework in the presentation layer
- Developed the view pages in JSP, using CSS and validations using Servlets.
- Developed the Action Classes, Action Form Classes, created JSPs using Struts tag libraries and configured in Struts-config.xml, Web.xml files.
- Programming for various backend services using Java JDBC for accessing Oracle database establishing and reusing database connections and write stored procedures.
- Responsible for application build and releases using ANT as an application building tool and deploying the applications on WebLogic.
- Involved in Deploying and Configuring applications in WebLogic Server and used Oracle 9g for Database Storage.
- Wrote Stored Procedures to populate the database with Oracle.
- Involved in the end to end coding, testing of the system including writing unit test cases
- Developed the application using J2EE architecture in Eclipse IDE.
- Maintaining the code repository using VSS and Clear case for keeping codebase in sync with other phases of projects running simultaneously.
- Involved in the Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML including development of class diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and State Diagrams.