- Overall 7+ years in the field of Information Technology, dedicated to optimization experienced DevOps Engineer understands the combination of development and Operations to deliver the required product of code to the end users. Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Chef Server. Configured and monitored distributed and multi - platform servers using chef. Excellent at defining Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- 5 years of experience in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, Auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (Elastic Beanstalk, OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloudwatch and Cloudtrail).
- Strong Knowledge in understanding the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects
- Experience in managing AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) environment with around 200+ Linux and Ubuntu instances.
- Excelled on creating AMI (AWS Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling. That Auto Scaling fired up new resources those will by default bootstrapped with the Chef-Server
- Working with SCM, SVN, GIT and Maven including branching and merging strategies.
- Experience as a Build and Release engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to other environment.
- Extensive knowledge in design and development of Java/J2EE applications using programming languages like Java, Web technologies like HTML5/CSS3, Java script and frameworks like Hibernate and Spring
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/ Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/ JBoss
- Extensively worked on Hudson and Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments
- Strong experience in using IBM UrbanCode Deploy and Bamboo to integrate build and test tools to automatically deploy and promote new builds
- Expertise in writing and troubleshooting Shell, Bash, Python Scripts and also C++, Java Scripts
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like Jira, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Very knowledgeable in regards to DevOps / Automation with Docker and Continuous Deployment procedures using tools such as Ansible, docked-machine, Docker-compose, Mesos, Marathon, etc.
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat (4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, Unix, Windows AIX.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, GITHUB, TFS, CVS and IBM Rational Clear Case.
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and JBOSS.
Automation Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Build Forge and Bamboo.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant and MS Build.
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Databases: Oracle … DB2, MS Access and SQL Server …
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
Scripting: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python.
Virtualization Tools: Docker, VM virtual Box and VMware.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Splunk.
Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, ECS, EBS, Cloud Formation AWS Config and S3, Microsoft Azure.
Languages: Scripting Language ANT, NANT, Shell, Bash and Python Programming Languages C/C++, Java, C#.Net, VB.Net, PHP and PL/SQL.
Sr. AWS / DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Having experienced in Agile Methodologies, Scrum stories and sprints experience in a Python based environment, along with data analytics, data wrangling and Excel data extracts.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customization and plug - ins for the Jira/issue tracker
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Requirement & High level Design documents
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI, Red hat, Ubuntu Instances.
- Involved in loading data from On-premises data warehouse to AWS's Cloud using different approaches like Sqoop, Spark and AWS Services
- Create build and deployment plans and schedule per requirement. Attend and update risks to Change & release board meetings. Identify the automation opportunities from the day to operations. Automate the tasks that can be automated by helping developers. Documented the processes in confluence
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Prepare the metrics and analyze the work and identify the improvement areas. Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files and tagging on source files and release files.
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
- Dealt with various merging conflicts and pushes appropriate code into GitHub repository
- Very good understanding of Ruby scripting, using various gems, ERB Templates.
- Implemented continuous integration using Udeploy.
- Integrated Subversion into Devops, Udeploy to automate the code check-out process
- Developed strategies, and contracts for validation of deployments and automated rollbacks in uDeploy.
- Developed Ansible Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Creation and maintenance of content for the Ansible community, and implementation of Ansible modules based on customer and community requirements.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple namespaced
- Extensive experience and knowledge on Jenkins, Build Forge and Docker for continuous integration and end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Google's kubernetes container environment, utilizing kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on GKE utilizing kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy
- Build a CI/CD pipeline to automate the process using the python script.
- Worked with BMC Remedy tool for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Worked with other members of the development team to design, develop and implement features, bug fixes, and other improvements for Ansible Galaxy
- Writing json templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on Github(sub version control).
- Created a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers.
- Experienced in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and in Data centers.
- Worked with Docker Marathon, Mesos Infrastructure. Deploying Web applications.
- Deployed the built docker image on Mesos using Marathon. Using a multi-container setup deployed on Mesos.
- Implemented automation with Vagrant, Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment, and development. Prepared documentation describing the configuration state of each item that was under CM control.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Used AWSBeanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Managing a team of DevOps Engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating cloud formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of software's through power shell scripts.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB Designed and developed automation test scripts using Python.
- Installed and configured splunk for log monitoring and also forwarded system stats to splunk indexer, created dashboards and alerts using this data
- Managing AWS Infra and automation with CLI, API. Managing DATA Center Inbound and outbound services. Working on automation toll like Ansible, chef and Puppet.
- Create ec2 instance and manage all compute resource. ELB for ec2 instance and troubleshooting. API Calling to start and stop instance in weekend. API calling to take the snapshot of root volume automatically.
- Integrated circonus with splunk using splunk and circonus API's for sophisticated monitoring
- Performed Server configuration management via Puppet. Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) implementation
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins & Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Database Encryption for mirrored Databases. SQL Web Replication implementation
- Migration of over 2500 Applications with 3000+ Databases
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using virtual private cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWSusingRoute53 Managing users and groups using the Amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Developing automation scripts using EC2 commands. Designing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) High Availability
- Managed the configurations of the instances using Ops code Chef. Written and modified various Cookbooks/ Recipes for better management of the systems.
- Working on ILO to Install Redhat on HP hardware
- Administration of Web based Internet/Intranet Client/Server multi-tire distributed applications; Installing Patches & packages on Linux Servers.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route Subversion, GIT, GITHUB, Docker, Open Stack, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, LINUX, UNIX, Windows XP, SQL.
AWS / DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Charlottesville, VA
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and test it.
- Extensively involved in Managing Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open - Source Chef Server.
- Expertise in Developing Configuration management modules using Opscode Chef and Ruby.
- Creating cookbook for provisioning servers like Jenkins & Hudson and Chef-server.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining Chef server from workstation to manage and configure Chef nodes.
- Development of Chef recipes using Ruby Script through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in setting up the Chef repo, Chef work stations and Chef nodes.
- Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/security fix on Chef Server.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Involved in Architect, Build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins & Hudson for continuous integration. Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar)
- Worked in different software development life cycles using the methodologies like water fall, agile etc. and have great experience with the tools like GITHUB, Jenkins, JIRA, Subversion (SVN) etc.
- Created Virtual Private Network, subnets, route tables and security groups to control inbound and outbound traffic.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Configure and managing daily and hourly scheduled snapshots backup and Restore the data from snapshots if needed.
- High-level proficiency in Agile/Scrum methodology; demonstrated success driving rapid design and development to keep pace with evolving requirements.
- Setup and manage security groups, VPC specific to environment.
- Manage Red Hat Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2.
- Work on Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch (monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployments), AWSS3 (storage) and AWS EBS (persistent disk storage).
- Planning, deployment and tuning of Elastic search for Linux based infrastructure.
- Implemented and supported creating EC2 instances, S3 storage, Auto Scaling of instances and Cloud Watch Monitoring based on requirements
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process
- Used Build Forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Web sphere Application Servers.
- Possessing strong knowledge in Ant and Maven build tools and implementing it with Jenkins, Anthill Pro and Build Forge.
- Build and released of cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell, TFS and Python Scripting
- Scripting of administration tasks using command line(CLI), Power Shell, Shell Scripting, Ruby etc.
- Implemented automation tools such as Puppet, Chef and DevOps.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins).
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, Databags, templates, attributes.
- Developing scripts for deployment of customer environments into AWS, using Bash and Python.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Implemented and kept up CI environments (Jenkins/Hudson)/Build Forge, performing deployments, Packaging, Build improvement, production rollouts, arranging, defect tracking (JIRA), and root cause analysis, Smoke testing, Operation support and administration conveyance over web/application servers like Jboss, Angular JS, Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database Commands and Packages.
- Responsible for managing and driving the IBM uDeploy configuration for Continuous Subversion.
- Designing, developing, implementing, reviewing, testing, and maintaining applicatios in IBM uDeploy/uRelease.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Chef, Puppet, Android, VMware, Amazon EC2.
- Exposure to Mesos, Marathon & Zookeeper cluster environment for application deployments & Docker containers.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI/CD tools like Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Implemented CI using Jenkins and continuous deployment. Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments. Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
- Designed / developed distributed private cloud system solution using kubernetes docker on CoreOS
- Maintained networks via TCP/IP to enhance security and allow businesses to offer managed Wireless HotSpot services
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation.
- Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts, and monitoring checks.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs through WebLogic application Server.
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and Chef Recipes.
- Administered databases using RDS, MySQL and DynamoDB in AWS.
- Used Shell scripts to configure the WebLogic application server.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), ANT, Chef, Puppet, Windows/ Linux, SVN, TFS, TCP/IP, Jenkins, Mesos, Marathon, TFS, Web Sphere 6.1.1, PowerShell, AV Standards, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment
DevOps /Build & Release Engineer
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Design highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in GIT.
- Established devops culture based on Docker and kubernetes tools.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and 3rd party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool.
- Worked on Creating new EC2 instances on AWS (Amazon web services)
- Established Puppet Best practices approaches to systems deployment with other tools and managing Puppet as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Installation and configuration of Linux for new build environment.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Have Experience on Ruby with chef Automation tools.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Worked on building data center with AWS. Installed SVN, GIT, Jenkins images on AWS.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Puppet Manifests to provision complex multi - node applications composed of Ruby on Rails, Node, Apache, Nginx Passenger, Unicorn, Elastic Search, Hadoop, and MySQL.
- Also worked in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using Nagios and GRAPHITE.
- Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
Environment: Git, Chef, AWS, Windows Solaris, UNIX, C++, Java, Eclipse 3.20, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, JBoss Application Server, CVS, Subversion.