- Around 8 years of hands on involvement in IT industry, prioritizing Automation, CI / CD Software Configuration Management (SCM), Security, Cloud Resource Utilization, environment setup etc.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy by implementing CI/CD of code with tools like Version controls, Jenkins, Maven etc. and Config Mgmt tools like Chef, Ansible & Puppet.
- Can work for microservices architecture by creating applications and its components to be independently scalable, versionable and deployable.
- Worked with containerization tools, can implement transition to Docker and develop distributed cloud system using Kubernetes and Helm package manager for kubernetes.
- Good experience in writing Helm Charts, Kubernetes yaml files for deployment of microservices into kubernetes clusters.
- Architectural and automation level expertise with AWS, versed with handling all its critical. services like CloudFormation, BOTO SDK, VPC, EC2, EC2 Container Services, EBS, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, ELB, AutoScaling, CloudFront, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, SQS, SNS etc.
- Good knowledge and worked on several Azure, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools.
- Good knowledge and experience in using Elasticsearch, kibana and fluentd, CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk,Prometheus and Grafana for logging and monitoring.
- Hands on expertise with configuration tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible. Created several Cookbooks, Play Books, and Manifests to automate infrastructure maintenance & configuration.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using Docker containers for every application tier, Vagrant to run a VM with folder sync and port sending. Used Chef to bootstrap Docker.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven and ANT builds.
- Competent with server maintenance and installations of various Debian & Red Hat family distributions like; Ubuntu, Centos, Fedora, OpenSUSE, OEL etc. on various hardware platforms.
- Extensive involvement in LINUX/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting on RHEL.
- Strong hold on Firewall management, troubleshooting and networking in Linux environment.
- Worked at all phases of Software Development Lifecycle and handled change management process for application development.
Operating Systems: Unix, LINUX and Windows
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Bitbucket
Build Tools: ANT and Maven
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Concourse, Bamboo and TeamCity
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef and Puppet
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, ECS, ACS, and GCS
Languages: Repository Managers Nexus and Artifactory
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Elasticsearch,Logstash,Fluentd,Kibana,Grafana, Nagios, Splunk and Cloud watch
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure and OpenStack
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Helped in creating a next generation platform using CoreOs Linux with fleet / Kubernetes based on docker containers running in a microservices ecosystem on VMWare ESXi.
- Handled on - prem deployments and achieved system stability for large scale customer environments.
- Helped in migrating services from fleet to kubernetes.
- Contributed to python library that deploys k8s clusters using helm charts, in-house tool(SSDT) for service deployments into the k8s clusters.
- Developed and Implemented kubernetes manifests, helm charts for deployment of microservices into k8s clusters.
- Set up and maintained Logging and Monitoring subsystems using tools loke; Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana and Alertmanager.
- Established infrastructure and service monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana.
- Wrote Dockerfiles for micro services, also dockerized testing environment for those services.
- Wrote many python scripts using di erent frameworks of python like pytest and context. Implemented an automated test strategy for testing the functionality of services using Concourse-Ci and Docker.
- Contributed for python library which continuously integrate, test and deploy clusters through fully-automated concourse pipelines.
- Wrote many python scripts and also implemented automated testing strategy for Robustness, Longevity/Load testing on the systems using Jenkins and Docker.
- Implemented di erent loaders for kubernetes, etcd, portworx and ran them on systems
- Contributed to python based in-house tool (inspector) which consists bunch of python tests for inspecting the system under test (SUT) on periodical intervals when loaders running on the system.
- Based on the priorities contributed work for fixing the defects that reported in releases.
Environment: CoreOs, Docker, Fleet, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible,Concourse, Jenkins, VMware, EsXi, Etcd, Portworx, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Fluentd, Grafana, Prometheus, Alertmanager, Flannel and Python.
Confidential, Dayton, OH
DevOps / AWS engineer
- Worked on Setting up staging and production environment for CI workflow using Jenkins and its plugins.
- Responsible for Implementation, design, architecture, and support of cloud based server and service solutions.
- Templated AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Worked with automation of OS builds and application installations through Chef, Nagios for application and Hardware resource monitoring, worked with plugins in Nagios for monitoring resources.
- Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- Created Shell and Python Scripts to automate creation of AMI’s through preboot and bootstrapping techniques.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR. Worked on all major components of Docker like, Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm etc.
- Worked with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Handled migration of on premises applications to cloud, and created resources in cloud to enable this. Used all critical AWS tools, used ELBs and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability.
- Developed Python based API (RESTful Web Service) to track sales and perform sales analysis using Flask, SQLAlchemy and PostgreSQL.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage deployments. Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks in YAML.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Troubleshooting build issues using ELK and work towards the solution.
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/LINUX Servers and setting up UNIX/LINUX environments for various Servers.
- Successfully developed for large scale distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software.
- Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances in QA environment.
Environment: AWS EC2, IAM, S3, AWS CloudWatch, Route 53, Terraform, ELK, ANT, Maven, SVN, GIT, GITHUB, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Jenkins, JIRA, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss, JSON, Bash, Python, Ruby.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked with DevOps platform team, was responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for cloud automation.
- Installation and Upgradation of packages and patches, Configuration management, Version Control, Service packs, troubleshooting connectivity issues and reviewing Security constraints.
- Monitored and managed various DEV, QA, PREPROD, PROD environments for production and deployment activities. Identified cross functional dependencies through monitoring and tracking release milestones.
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment solutions to target environments. Responsible for the Continuous Delivery pipeline given to all application teams as they on-board to Jenkins as a part of migration.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins and Docker for Continuous Integration and end to end automation of all build and deployments, also have good knowledge on XL deploy and CodeDeploy as release automation solution.
- Production environment from a handful AMI’s to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS. This includes Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Backup Management, Inventory management and configuration. Vyatta open source firewall management and configuration. Cloud computing, VMware, VSphere.
- Building the AWS Infrastructure using VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in CloudFormation.
- Handled storage over cloud with EBS and S3 policies, performed capacity planning and designing, OS upgrades and hardware refresh.
- Write Puppet manifests in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Familiar with OpenStack concepts of user facing availability zones and administrator facing host aggregates.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud. integrating it with Chef.
- Used Splunk to monitoring/metric collection for applications in a cloud based environment.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Puppet to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Maven, ANT, GIT, GITHUB, SVN, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, OpenStack, Splunk, RHEL, CentOS.
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins & GIT to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Worked hands-on to create automated, containerized cloud application platform (PaaS), and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Migrate SVN repositories to GIT and administrate GITLAB to manage GIT repositories.
- Configuration management and deployments using Chef server and Good understanding of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Used Python API for uploading all the agent logs into Azure blob storage. Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure (OMS).
- Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 to SQL Azure.
- Design and Implement WCF services layer hosted on Windows Azure. This layer is the middle tier between SQL Azure and SharePoint online external content.
- Create Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Implemented Python Scripts using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs (Inventory, Remote connections, Network usage and performance counters) from the flavors of LINUX.
- Created and wrote Shell Scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Administered TFS for .NET applications. Worked with deployment of .NET batch. applications which processes high volumes of data.
- Performed parallel build for .NET application which will automatically decides which of the projects in the generated build list can be built independently.
- Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical servers.
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM / Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to o er services to engineering team.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Subversion, CVS, Chef, Azure, LINUX, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, DB2, LDAP, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat, Nagios, JIRA.
Confidential, Louisville, Kentucky
- Worked with the RHEL for enterprise environment and CentOS for the POC environment.
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Java based applications using custom ANT Scripts.
- Set up the Jenkins CI/CD process and Jenkins master slaves for the entire CI/CD infrastructure.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and nonproduction environments using Jenkins & BUILD Pipelines, ANT, Maven.
- Setup the Chef servers, Chef workstations, Chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure Chef nodes.
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various Chef nodes.
- Set up the LINUX Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization.
- Worked on writing multiple Python, Ruby and Shell scripts for various company wide tasks.
- Worked on configuring the Apache Tomcat for Java applications deployment.
- Setup the GIT synchronization for Django (Python based web framework) based applications.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, GIT, Chef, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, Sonar, RHEL, CentOS.
Build and Release Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved di erent development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Involved with development teams to support simultaneous software releases
- Worked with installation, deployment and maintenance of middleware application servers to RHEL Dev and Test environments.
- Created Ant, Perl and UNIX scripts for Build activities for QA staging and PROD environments.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo to automate the daily processes.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE and .Net to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the entire process.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic and web application servers.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Bamboo, Confluence, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, WebLogic, Shell Scripts, Junit, UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle.
- Managing UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting problems in the environment.
- Installing operating systems Solaris, LINUX and HP according to business requirements.
- Planning and implementing the configuration changes to the servers adhering with ITIL change management process.
- Troubleshooting the issues ranging from Solaris, LINUX and SAN environments.
- Regularly applying patches both for SUN and LINUX systems.
- Creating and maintenance of Virtual machines in VMware ESX.
- Worked on di erent VMware products like VMware workstation, GSX/VMware server, VMware player, VMware Converter.
- Installed and configured Sendmail on Solaris LINUX and AIX servers.
- Established end-to-end software development process using Shell on top of BO, including automated builds of Rhapsody models.
- Implemented security policy and managed firewalls/IDS. Managed DNS, Sendmail, IP space, and co-location facility transition.
- Assembled, Replaced and Handled Sun, LINUX and AIX Hardware problems in Data Center.
- Developed Korn and Bash Shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
Environment: RHEL 3, RHEL 6, RHEL 7, UNIX, IDS, DNS, AIX, SAN, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Nagios, GSX/VMware, ESX, EMC.