- 6+ Years of extensive work experience on Build Engineering, Release Management process, including end - to- end code configuration, deployments of artifacts for entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Open stack, Azure and Cloud environments and Data centers.
- Experience in Implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Maven, Ant, Sonar, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI's and also Nexus in Linux environment.
- Extensive experience in Automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting, Building, Deploying, and Releasing of code from one environment to other environments and also implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for Agile projects.
- Experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experience on Cloud technologies including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service provider (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience in developing Cookbooks and recipes for automating deployments using Chef.
- Built multiple cookbooks in Chef. Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Experience running LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) systems in agile quick scale cloud environment.
- Perform Capacity planning for the Cloud and Experience on Compute, Networking & Storage infrastructure.
- Experience in Monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk and Cloud watch.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Clear Case, Git GUI and other command line applications in terms of branching, tagging and maintenance on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Integrated the Code Quality Analysis Tools like Find Bugs and Cobertura in ANT Projects.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology, and application configurations.
- Good understanding of Waterfall methodology & Agile Methodologies (Scrum/Sprint/Iterations) in Agile SDLC.
- Extensive working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE Web applications environment.
- Experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployments and for hosting tools.
- Very quick in learning new technologies and a good team player.
- Good in communicating and coordinating with Project Managers, Architects, Team Leads, Developers, Business Analysts, Testers.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and DB2.
Operating System: Windows (XP, 7, 8), Redhat, UNIX, centos, Ubuntu, and Fedora.
Version Control: CVS, Tortoise SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, and GIT.
Languages: C, C++, and Java/J2EE.
Scripting Language: Shell scripting, Perl scripting, PHP, Groovy, Python, Ruby, SQL, and Bash.
Web Servers: WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, and JBoss.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, and XML.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, and Nant.
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, and Jfrog.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Graphite, and Zabbix.
CI/CD Tools: GitHub, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, Vagrant, Hudson, Cruise Control, Puppet, Chef, Docker, AWS, Ansible, and Salt.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest, and Rally.
Cloud Services: AWS, Open Stack, and Microsoft Azure.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
AWS/ Devops Engineer
- Involving in debugging issues, resolving functional issues and provide bug free software releases to end customers.
- Designed and built highly available, private AWS clouds.
- Created and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and AWS management console.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Setup Elastic load - balancers for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers ip.
- Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Created repositories, branches, tags and involved in merging process.
- Build and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution.
- Maintain automation & network simulators; develop Python test scripts, run regression/sanity test release binaries.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Creating from scratch a new continuous integration stack based on Docker and Jenkins, allowing transition from dev stations to test servers easily and seamlessly.
- Created local, virtual repositories in Jfrog Artifactory and integrated with Jenkins.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing Infrastructure
- Used Chef Automation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Reduced build & deployment times by designing and implementing Docker workflow.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Worked with JIRA for issue tracking and monitoring.
- Build and administrate Continuous Delivery pipelines using Git, Vagrant, Jenkins and Groovy DSL.
- Compiling software from source such as Linux distributions or other open-source software.
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Attending SCRUM meetings from Feature complete until Technical acceptance phases of project.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
- Developed Shell Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Take part in code peer review of the test cases, Bug review and QA weekly status meetings.
- Reporting defects for the failed test cases and tracking the status on the daily basis.
- UNIX administration and strong software debugging skills. Flexibility to learn new things. The ability to adapt to using new tools.
Environment: GIT, ANT, Vagrant, SQL, Jenkins, Chef, AWS, Maven, Make, JIRA, Artifactory, Shell, UNIX and Linux.Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- Developed and implemented an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet.
- Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAMs and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and also created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Assisted in Creating and maintaining various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools, and development and staging environments on AWS.
- Involved in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool with Jenkins.
- Assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Performed build, deployment & validation of the code into different development environments using ANT Hill Pro.
- Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Performed all necessary day - to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expedite.
- Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Responsible for creating work items on TFS.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Owner of Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory, and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Puppet, AWS instances, Git, Ant, Maven, TFS 2010, UNIX, SVN, Bamboo, Nexus Sonar, Jira, Chef, Remedy, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Jenkins.Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked as Devops engineer for automation of infrastructure operation and support in day to day operation.
- Installed and administered nexus repository and created roles and privileges to restrict access to the users.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Installed and administered nexus repository and created roles and privileges to restrict access to the users.
- Using Ceph as SDDC created block and object storage.
- Performed svn to git migration with careful analysis and migrated all branches, tags, along with commit history using git - svn utility.
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN as the build tool for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Automated all Builds using Jenkins.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system
- Developed Cookbooks and recipes for automating deployments using Chef.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management
- Assisted release managers and change management coordinators by communicating and coordinating the release activities.
- Prepared weekly productivity reports and submitted test metrics to the management.
Environment: SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, Jira, Nexus, Apache Tomcat, Chef.Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Utilize the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP/Perl) to meet customer needs.
- Build and deploy J2EE application in web servers.
- Used SVN as our cookbook repository and Bamboo to build and deploy the cookbooks.
- Installing, configuring and managing Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- As a part of Cloud team fixed issues related to OpenStack components Nova, Glance, Neutron, Keystone, PerconaDB, RabbitMQ, Ceph, Repose, HAProxy and Horizon.
- Configured plugins on Bamboo server to automate the deployments onto app servers and Artifactory.
- Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non - production and production environments.
- Written Python and Power shell scripts for the automation of deployments and integrating with the CI tool
- Used Artifactory to configure and manage infrastructure.
Environment: Maven, Nova, puppet, Keystone, Horizon, Neutron, Keystone, Openstack, Bamboo, Artifactory, Bash Scripting, Ruby Scripting, Shell Scripting, Apache, LinuxConfidential, Charlotte, NC
Build and Release Engineer
- Performed software configuration/release management activities for three different Java applications
- Designed and implemented Continues Integration process and tools with approval from development and other affected teams.
- Managed Windows virtual servers and Ubuntu Linux (Rackspace and AWS EC2) with Chef using Git.
- Defined processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers
- Configuring AnthillPro as a common build engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QMG, UAT, PROD, and DR to UNIX environments.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Performed Design, involved in code reviews and wrote unit tests in Python.
- Extensive experience of working with the release and deployment of large - scale .Net Java/J2EE Web applications.
- Key role in understanding the business functionality, business requirements and technical specifications of the applications / clients ensuring strict adherence to the same.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Used Shell to automate the deployment process.
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and WebLogic Server with DB2 as Database.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies
- Worked on Confluence to share knowledge with other teams
- Performed integrating, Junit and code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Confluence, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, AnthillPro, Python Scripting, Shell Scripts, Junit, XML, UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle.Confidential
Build and Release Engineer
Roles and responsibilities:
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Migrated out core repository from SUBVERSION to GIT. In this process I was involved in individually migrate all the code base from Subversion to Git ensuring that health of our builds aren't affected. Performed high level merges of branches, code bases.
- Maintained Maven/Ant and streamlined the entire build system. And managed build and release infrastructure, optimized build scripts and introduced a better way of releasing RPMs with effective tracking.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in Ant, Python, Bash and Shell.
- Involved in administrating GIT server and continuous Integration system like Jenkins and handled escalations from developers across the globe.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on AmazonAWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
- Building & configuring Redhat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Worked on code coverage tools like SonarQube, GCOV, and COVERITY. Used those tools to automation and integration of the SonarQube, Coverity static analysis tool and gcov profiling in the build infrastructure. Handled escalations from the developers and QA.
- Created and maintained nightly builds, hotfix builds/branches, custom and private builds.
- Designed, developed, enhanced and maintained Web based UI for monitoring purposes and scripted reporting tools (in PHP&BASH)for verifying the build logs for frequently observed build and test issues.
- Key member of the build team that works on how to reduce build time. We used cache to reduce compilation time and redundancies.
- Played Significant role in software configuration and change management processes to improve build accuracy, time, version controlling, and migration of code onto different build environments.
- Performed periodic customer releases through Gitpushes to shared, private and public servers. We usedcron tabs, automated scripts to do continuous delivery and continuous deployment.
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, Jira, SVN, GIT Bash, Sonar, Ant, AWS, Apache Tomcat, SonarQube, GCOV, Coverity, Php Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell.