- Skilled professional experience of 8+ years in IT industry as a Cloud/DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Build and Release Engineer and Linux Systems Administrator with expertise in Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud platforms along with using various tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, Maven, Jira and Jenkins. Enthusiastic to work in a knowledge gaining and sharing environment.
- Splendid expertise on AWS Cloud - Specific technologies which include IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, AutoScaling, S3, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Route53, OpsWorks, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, RedShift, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, SES, AWS LAMBDA.
- Framed Cost Effective, Highly Available and Fault Tolerant AWS systems by the combined effort of Security Groups, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and Auto Scaling which allows for automated Scalability and Elasticity.
- Responsible for troubleshooting EC2, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AutoScaling, Elastic Load Balaancer (ELB).
- Experienced in both framework and CloudFormation to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts (Boto 3 and AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates to setup IAM policies for users, created VPC from scratch by configuring Internet Gateway, Route Tables, Subnets, Network ACLs, Security groups and used S3 for storage.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure IAAS and PAAS services, Provisioning Virtual Machines, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, reserved VIP, AD, Load Balancers, Cloud Services, deploying Web Apps and creating Web-Jobs.
- Worked on OpenStack Services such as Nova for Compute, Neutron for networking, Cinder for Block Storage, Keystone for Identity, Glance for Image, Swift for Object Storage, Horizon for Dashboard and Heat for Orchestration.
- Involved in deployment and provisioning of various software configurations across various IaaS, PaaS, SaaS providers like AWS, OpenStack, Azure and VMWare suites.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Automated the infrastructure by using Configuration Management tools like Ansible, chef and puppet.
- Knowledge on various Puppet components like manifests, modules, resource, Mcollective, Facter, Catalogs and rewrote many Puppet modules to modern code-quality standards
- Setup Continuous Delivery(CD) pipeline using Ansible playbooks which consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, Ant.
- Automated AWS resources and many other resources like Jenkins, Docker, Node.js, and Severs automations by using Ansible.
- Configured Knife to manage chef-server, spin new instances, package installations and configured changes on client node by using chef-client.
- Responsible for on boarding Application teams to build and deploy the code using GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus and Ansible.
- Experience in Vagrant and Docker based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and managed the clusters using Kubernetes.
- To automate deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications, Kubernetes is used.
- Designing and hosting applications through infrastructure as a code (IaaS) with Terraform.
- Good understanding of principles and the best practices of Software Configuration Management(SCM) in Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in branching, merging, tagging, develop, manage Pre-commit, Post-commit hook scripts; maintaining the version across the environments and provide support for parallel development using SCM tools like GIT (GitHub and GitLab), Subversion(SVN), Bitbucket.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation using Jenkins, Hudson and Bamboo along with Shell(Unix) and Python Scripts to automate routine Jobs.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Expertise in Shell, Batch, Python, Ruby and Perl Scripting languages.
- Extensively experienced in using build automation tools like Maven and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Implemented Highly-Available ELK (Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana) stack for log management.
- Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 Cloud using Chef.
- Experienced in performing installation and configuration of Nginx and Apache servers and their web development.
- Experience in installing and configuring the application and web servers like Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere, Web Logic and deployed several applications on these servers.
- Designed Splunk Architecture, Queries and created Applications on Splunk to analyze Data.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and management of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Excellent knowledge in working with NOSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra.
- Experience in Java/J2EE, .Net and managing Software Configurations and Builds in UNIX Environment.
- Management and deployment of many servers via script and Chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct Jira.
- Expertise in Network Management skills like DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSL, SSH, HTTPS, SFTP, TFTP and system troubleshooting skills.
- Administered various flavors of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Ubuntu, Fedora) and worked on Logical Volume Manager(LVM), Veritas Volume Manager, Kickstart, Bonding, LAMP and LDAP.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Provide 24/7 support in a production and staging environment, troubleshooting and documentation for future reference.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat 4/5/6/7, CentOS, SUSE), UNIX Solaris 11/10/9, HP-UX 11.23, 11.31, IBM-AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), Windows.
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Microsoft Azure, and OpenStack
Application Servers & Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Nginx
SCM Tools: Git, Subversion(SVN), Bitbucket.
CI/CD & Build Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Maven, ANT, Gradle.
Testing Tools: Selenium
Automation tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Cloud Formation.
Container tools: Docker, Kubernetes.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud watch, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Virtualization: VMware, Windows, Hyper-V, vCenter, vSphere.
Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, PHP, Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, JSON.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, Confluence.
Database: MS SQLServer, MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, IBM DB2, NOSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Designed AWS architecture for existing systems, migrating them to cloud architectures as well as developing technical road-maps for future AWS cloud implementations.
- Configured, monitored and automated Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Designed Bastion Host and NAT Gateway in AWS to provide a route to EC2 instances in private subnet with higher level of security to download and update software packages.
- Configured IAM polices for users, utilizing Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) service and API Keys for login authentication including giving temporary access to use AWS resources by using Simple Token Service (SNS).
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources for the AWS users and groups.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 AutoScaling groups and used AWS SDK, CLI and CloudFormations to create AWS resources
- Written Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC, Subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB and Securitygroups.
- Created alarms in Cloudwatch service for monitoring servers performance, CPU utilisation and disk usage.
- Created S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools.
- Embedded with the Cloud Networks Data Plane and Control Plane teams, to design and implement Quality Engineering subsystems and tests for OpenStack Nova Networks, Neutron, and Quark at the data plane through API levels.
- Performed troubleshooting for OpenStack Compute, Xen, and tap network interfaces.
- Configured OpenStack Nova which aggregates respective flavors with metadata as per customer requirements and automated the infrastructure of OpenStack by using Ansible.
- Configured applications that runs multi-container Docker applications by utilizing Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format.
- Managed a cluster of Docker nodes as a single virtual system using Clustering and Scheduling Tool, Docker-Swarm.
- Created virtual network that connects Docker containers across multiple hosts using Docker Weave.
- Created several Docker images and Infrastructural automation for application environments.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Coordinated with security, development, and operations team to migrate to Docker containers on Kubernetes.
- Deployed microservices with Ansible playbook in Docker Container.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS CodePipeline to deploy docker containers in AWS ECS using services like CloudFormation, CodeDeploy.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks and roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Designed Rapid Deployment method using Ansible to automatically deploy servers as needed and done custom development by taking playbooks from Ansible Galaxy..
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures and application dependencies into version control like GIT, SVN.
- Creating Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templets and writing playbook for that particular role.
- Implemented a continuous Delivery Pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and Whenever a new GitHub branches are created Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Implemented Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Deployment(CD) using Jenkins with Maven build tool.
- Automated builds using Maven and ANT and scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Deployed the generated build to Web and Application Servers using the Continuous Integration(CI) process to all environments and coordinated with different teams to deploy builds to environments on parallel development for multiple projects.
- Developed Python and Perl scripts for environment builds and to automate deployment on WebSphere and WebLogic Application Servers.
- Backed up and restored configurations and data of various tools (SVN, Jenkins), databases (Oracle and PostgreSQL) and servers (Windows and Linux) as required.
- Created the ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) for Log managing within EC2 for Elasticsearch with Rest API’s.
- Setup Log Analysis AWS Logs using (ELK) Elasticsearch Logstash & Kibana and manage searches, dashboards, custom mapping and automation of data.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines and worked on bugtracking tools like Jira.
- Automated testing of web applications using Selenium.
- Worked with application infrastructure architects to establish the physical environments to effectively perform the software builds and deployments with an emphasis on quality, integrity, and security.
- Migrated J2EE and .NET applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via Eclipse and Subversion.
- Configured Linux systems by installing the Operating Systems in various systems by using Kickstart process, automated daily jobs using cron and have good command in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Shell.
- Solved complex build/deployment processes throughout all phases of the SDLC Ensured that all parties have accepted the release.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Subversion, Elasticsearch, LogStash & Kibana (ELK), Eclipse, Linux, Unix, Windows, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Python, Perl, Nagios Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Apache, Tomcat, Jira.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications per the Agile process.
- Experience in Planning and designing Azure Virtual networks, subnets and deploying Azure IaaS VMs and Cloud services into Vnets.
- Automated VSTS(Visual Studio Team System) build and deployment to IAAS and PAAS environment in Azure and developed build support utilities in PowerShell and Go language.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Create Virtual Machines through PowerShell Script and Azure Portal.
- Script, debug and automate PowerShell scripts to reduce manual administration tasks and cloud deployments in Azure.
- Creating and managing Azure Web-Apps and providing access the permission to Azure AD users.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure ExpressRoute for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Created ARM Templates to provision VMs in Azure Dev test labs and executed ARM templates.
- Experience in Authoring Azure Resource Manger templates, deploying using Azure, Configuring the Azure Load Balancer to Load balance incoming traffic to virtual machines.
- Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Having good experience in Cloud Computing Platform like Azure from Microsoft for deploying and managing applications.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Azure Storage Planning - Migrated Blob Storage for document and media file, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging for workflow processing and file storage to share file data.
- Integrated Chef, Rundeck and Azure and configured several jobs on Rundeck like bootstrapping nodes, spinning of instances and running Chef Recipes on target nodes for push button deployment.
- Experiences working with various services in Azure like Data Lake to store and analyze the data, installation, Configuration and upgradation of Clusters and Azure.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MS SQL server and Cassandra in AWS.
- Configured Test Kitchen to automatically test Chef cookbook data across any combination of platforms and test suites.
- Implemented and maintained Chef, OpsWorks Configuration management extending several environments in VMware, AWS cloud and created Cookbooks for Chef using the Ruby programming language.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers and re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Deployed applications using Docker containers, Kubernetes in the cloud with PaaS.
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using Docker and orchestrated the containers using Kubernetes.
- Implemented Chef setup for CoreOS cluster with Docker containers.
- Deployed applications utilizing almost all of AWS stack like EC2 , EBS , S3 , RDS , Route53 , DynamoDB , SNS , Cloudwatch , SQS , IAM focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used AWS EC2 Container Service (ECS) to support Docker containers to easily run applications on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Worked on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Managed installations by automation using chef scripts written in ruby programming language.
- Used Version Control Tool Git and integrated it with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline.
- Creating branches, trunk and tag layouts for release and QA backups by using version control tool GIT.
- User management with build tools Maven to create JAR, WAR, EAR.
- Documented Build process, branching strategy and continuous integration design and setup along with deployment instructions for QA.
- Supported implementations of Kafka and RabbitMQ message servers running Linux and Windows server.
- Worked on Jenkins to create builds, and pass new builds to IBM Urban code/Udeploy for deployment.
- Built continuous deployment platform of project using Jenkins, Shell, Maven, Nexus, Sonarqube.
- Automated Installation and configuration of Apache, Tomcat servers using Python.
- Involved in raising request tasks, incident tasks, bugs using Jira and maintained Jira for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Puppet, J2EE, .Net, Kubernetes, Eclipse, WebLogic, WebSphere, CVS, Subversion, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Windows, Linux, Nagios.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Site Reliability Engineer
- Implemented and developed solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environments.
- Experience in administration, build and maintaining the available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure by using configuration tool Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Created and launched Amazon EC2 Instances using AMI Amazon Images (RedHat Linux, Windows) and configured the launched instances with specific applications and assigned Securitygroups to each instance.
- Created, deleted and managed user accounts used to interact with AWS and setup their NACLs with Amazon IAM.
- Set up Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Used S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data and to move application logs to S3.
- Staged data from multiple source systems into Amazon S3 and loading the data warehouse in Amazon Redshift.
- Used Cloud Watch to create alarms raised by applications, managing Linux, VMware and AWS/VM's.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and gave public DNS names to elastic load balancers ip's.
- Automation in AWS via Shell and Python Scripting through AWS Command line interface (CLI).
- Design & implemented the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) service for increase of customer's on-premises datacenter with AWS Cloud utilizing AWS VPC and VPN & direct connect services.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, J2EE, .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Configuring puppet to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure. Used Puppet for automation and scheduling automated jobs.
- Collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via hudson and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Experience in Jenkins Pipelines and also in setting up Upstream and Downstream jobs Jenkins and Hudson.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT/Maven as build tools and Jenkins as automation tool to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Created Ansible playbook files for windows server builds, configuration, and application installation.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Created Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar, Nexus.
- Integrated JIRA and Subversion using Pre-commit hooks to ensure the process is followed and automated JIRA tasks using JIRA CLI.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic/JBoss Application Servers.
- Worked on testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of MongoDB and Cassandra NoSQL database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios.
- Worked on Troubleshooting and performance tuning issues with applications like Oracle 10.x, JBoss 5.x, WebLogic 11.x, 12.x.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Chef, GIT, Bamboo, Maven, ANT, Sonar, Ansible, Nexus, Eclipse, Puppet, Selenium, JIRA, MongoDB, Cassandra, JAVA/J2EE, Oracle, JBoss, WebLogic.
Build and Release Engineer
- Supported engineering plans and schedules by providing various Build and Release services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that rose during the deployments to different environments.
- Installed Chef, created and updated Chef recipes, cookbooks, files and packages.
- Configured and deployed Chef-Server and Chef-Solo. Provisioned bootstrapping of the Chef-Client nodes.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant to schedule then builds and pushed it to Nexus repository manager.
- Maintained two Jenkins servers and one Bamboo server to deploy into production and non-production environments and migrated Jenkins plans from one of the Jenkins to Bamboo.
- Configured various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Created and maintained Ant and Shell scripts for automating build and deployment process for Linux environments and used ANT and Maven for building the applications and developing the build scripts.
- Implemented Maven Release Plug-in through Jenkins Jobs for deploying the artifacts to Nexus repository and maintained Nexus for storing artifacts and for searching the dependencies of a project based on GAV coordinates.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion repositories and the access control strategies and created branches in Subversion for parallel development process.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment and later migrated to GIT.
- Managed central repositories and implemented Subversion along with GIT to host central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Automated Nagios for monitoring database server, web-server, application server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, disk performances using Python script in Chef.
- Monitored Applications and Application Servers using Nagios - monitoring host resources such as processor load, disk usage, system logs, monitoring applications, services and network protocols.
- Created database tables that can store and retrieve any amount of data, and serve any level of request traffic using DynamoDB.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Installed Splunk on unix and Splunk SOS for monitoring the health of the clusters and Integrated Splunk with Active directory and LDAP authentication.
- Configured Splunk search head and clustered it to maintain high availability of knowledge objects.
- Responsible in deploying the application WARs, EARs in WebLogic application servers and resolved deployment issues by troubleshooting.
- Good understanding on Java concepts such as Collections, Multi-Threading, Garbage Collection, Exception Handling, OOPs concepts in Core Java.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE on JBoss application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
Environment: Hudson, Nexus, Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Ant, GIT, Subversion, Splunk, Unix, Linux, LDAP, Active Directory, Java/J2EE, WebLogic, Agile, Nagios, DynamoDB.
LINUX/ UNIX Administrator
- Experienced in system builds, server builds, install, upgrades, backup, performance monitoring, reliablility of various flavors of Linux like Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat Linux, Debian, Fedora and SUSE, UNIX (Solaris, IBM-AIX) along with Windows.
- Installed, configured and administrated VMware ESXi and migrated existing Linux servers into VMware infrastructure.
- Using Shell Scripting and CRON, automated day-to-day tasks to check disk usage, system mainatainance and cleanup of file system.
- Package and patch management on Sun-Solaris Servers by using The Solaris Patch Manager Tool and Sun Patch Check to obtain a listing of availabale patches. Done Patch Management on RedHat Linux by using RedHat Network (RHN)
- Configured Web and Application servers like WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat and deployed WAR,JAR,EAR files in Linux, Unix and Windows environment.
- Maintained Samba File Server for user authentication, syslog domain and file sharing in HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat Linux.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and Active Directory and fixed NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols in Linux clusters using TOP, vmstat and IOstat commands as well as maintained application backups.
- Used LDAP to store usernames and passwords as well as allows different applications and servers to connect to LDAP Servers to validate users in Linux and Windows.
- Used Vagrant, wrote Vagrant files in virtual box, created sandbox environments inside VMs running on dev workstations with Vagrant.
- Managed RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) in Linux that stores data in multiple copies for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Performed disk management using Veritas and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in Unix and Linux.
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP) stack is used for building some of the applications in Linux especially RedHat.
- Performed server consolidation, migrated applications from windows 2008 to Linux and resolved errors and any dependency issues.
- Remote user login using SSH and telnet. Configured kickstart file and installed operating systems on multiple machines using kickstart over FTP.
- Monitoring of network services (SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP, ICMP, SNMP, FTP, SSH) and host resources (processor load, disk usage, system logs) on a majority of network operating systems like UNIX, Linux and Windows using Nagios.
- Assigned Jira to track the activities of tasks done by the developers and Confluence for documentation purpose.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
Environment: Linux, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, SUSE, VMWare ESXi, Sun-Solaris, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Unix, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, LDAP, Windows, RAID, LAMP, SSH, telnet, Python, PHP, Shell Scripting, DynamoDB, Nagios, MySQL, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP, ICMP, SNMP, FTP, Jira, Confluence, Vagrant.
- Provided Systems Administration support for LINUX systems (REDHAT 4/5, OPENSUSE, Ubuntu), UNIX systems like HP-UX, SOLARIS and Windows systems including user administration, upgrading, system maintenance, creating backup and recovery, network, security and web administration.
- Setting up and configured Servers for Kickstart process & performed Kickstart over network using NFS, FTP and HTTP to install OS on several Linux machines.
- To increase host bandwidth in LAN environment, used Bonding in Linux Ethernet Environment
- Monitored the Linux scripts written in Python and Perl regularly and performed troubleshooting steps, tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Troubleshooting Linux system, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, Firewall. Package management, setting up repositories, applying patches using YUM and RPM.
- Provided Application cluster capabilities to systems running other applications, including databases, network file sharing, and electronic commerce websites by using Veritas Cluster Server (VCS).
- Made deploying, maintaining and remotely managing virtual servers extremely easy by using Virtual ESXi server which is portable that helps in disaster recovery as it runs on bare metal and worked on VMWARE Fusion.
- Knowledge on file system environment like VxFS (Veritas File System), ZFS (Zettabyte File System), UFS (Unix File System), NTFS (New Technology File System) and ext3 (Third extended file system)
- Managed file systems, added disks, using Logical Volume Manager(LVM) for Linux Servers and Veritas Volume Manager for Solaris Server.
- Setup Samba Server to integrate Linux/Unix Servers with Active Directory (Windows) Environment and written Powershell scripts for Windows.
- Deployed latest patches for Linux and Application servers and performed RedHat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Responsible for reviewing all open, resolve and close any existing tickets in Jira.
- Performed production support & Systems engineering duties like administering DNS, DHCP, NFS, NIS, LDAP, Auto-mounting, License Management, Printer configuration.
- Worked with different Linux Utilities like SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, Package Management, Disk Management, and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Used bash and Perl scripting for automated processes to manage disk space and logs using cron jobs.
Environment: Linux, REDHAT 4/5, OPENSUSE, Ubuntu, Unix, HP-UX, Solaris, Windows, Veritas Cluster Server, VMWare, VMWARE ESX server, SSH, FTP, Kickstart, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, Korn Shell, Bash, Python, Bonding, Ethernet, LAN, Perl and LDAP directory.