- IT Professional having around 7 Years of Experience as Cloud AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Extensive experience includes Migrating from on - premises to Cloud, DevOps Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Coordination experience with various teams lik e Dev, QA, UAT and production Operations.
- Experienced in Design an Architectural Diagram for different applications before migrating into Amazon cloud for flexible, cost-effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured.
- Worked with several teams to transition workflows to Continuous Integration and Delivery model and implemented best practices for utilizing AWS.
- Designed, built and deployed a multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS (Amazon web services), Including EC2, cloud watch S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Security Groups, snapshots and IAM, focusing on high-availability and fault tolerance.
- Integrating Jenkins with AWS to automate Services.
- Well versed in managing source code repositories like SVN, Git, GitHub, bit bucket.
- Proficient in chef cookbooks & Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in integrating the infrastructure automation using Puppet. Creating and configuring Jenkins jobs, build and delivery pipelines.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like App Dynamic, Splunk and Nagios for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Experience in various scripting languages like Shell, Ruby and Python focus on Devops tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (Jar,war & ear) from source code.
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services.
- Used AWS Cloud Formation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, System test and Uat environments for a software development project.
- Good expertise in implementing PaaS Environment (Using Elastic Bean stalk) and Infra structure as a Code Service using Cloud Formation.
- Have experience with Serverless/PaaS technologies (API Gateway, Lambda, Dynamo, S3, etc.).
- Hands on experience with hypervisor and compute virtualization technologies (VMware ESXi, VSphere, vCenter, vCloud, Vmware Horizon/View)
- Worked on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CENTOS) servers and Windows along with Amazon Web Services.
- Expert in deploying the code on web application servers like Web Sphere, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS and Built micro services using API gateway.
- Demonstrated ability in installation, configuration and management of provision tools chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Worked on Database like Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, postgresql, MySQL, Oracle
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects with Agile /Scrum, Waterfall.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
Operating Systems: Amazon Linux AMI, Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, Red Hat, Debian), Solaris, Windows
Web and Middleware: Tomcat, APACHE, Web Logic & Web Sphere, JBoss, Microsoft IIS server.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, Mongo DB, Postgre SQL, RDS, DynamoDB
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SOAP, SNMP, DNS, TELENT, HTTP and HTTPS, CLUSTERING, F5 LOAD BALANCING, VPN, FIREWALL, SUBNETS.
CI/CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Ansible, Chef, Teamcity, uDeploy, Puppet
Build tools: Ant, Maven, Ms Build, Bamboo and Gradle.
Version control: GIT, SVN, CVS
AWS Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, S3, IAM, SNS, RDS, ElastiCache, Route53, Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, Cloud Watch, Amazon aurora, Amazon snowball, AmazonKinesis, AmazonRedshift, AmazonWorkSpaces, SQS, Amazon Glacier, Aws Lambda
Other Cloud: Microsoft Azure, Open stack, Google Cloud Engine, Confidential Soft layer .
Confidential, East Lansing, MI
AWS Chef Engineer
- As Aws chef Engineer focused on Amazon Web Services migration strategy, responsible for technical liaising between customers, development & support teams for successful migration and operation on Aws.
- Documenting the approach followed for creating the Environments in aws and chef cookbooks.
- Assisted with software builds, configuration, and deployments to dev, testing and production environments as part of a cloud migration effort.
- Automated the cloud Deployments using Chef and AWS Cloud Formation Templates from scratch as effort of migration
- Expertise in Chef orchestration, Install and configure system components such as SAP BO, SAP DS, FTP, DB2, File server, build server, Batch server, WebLogic etc. using chef automation from scratch.
- Writing json templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on github.
- Experience using Agile methodologies, disciplines and practices and techniques for delivery of new and enhanced applications.
- Provisioned Nodes Automatically with AWS OpsWorks by Using an Unattended Association Script passing userdata.sh file from s3.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing for QA, UAT and prod-like environments
- Worked on Chef Cookbooks and Chef recipes to automate infrastructure as a code. Setup the Chef Nodes, Chef Client, Chef Server, and Chef Workstation. Worked on Bootstrapping the Nodes.
- Secured the passwords and data using encryption data bag for chef.
- Experienced in creating a cross-stack reference networking stacks for DEV, SYSTEM TEST and UAT
- Proficiency with AWS cloud services IAM, Cfn, EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Configured, supported and maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2
- Management of code releases in the software development cycle using version control tool GIT.
- Created a deployment procedure utilizing Jenkins CI to run the unit tests. Implemented a continuous delivery using Jenkins in Linux environment.
- Perform system monitoring and maintain Logs using Cloud Watch.
- Created dashboard, Memory and disk monitoring agents are installed from Cloud Formation templates for each instance.
- Created CloudWatch Alarms for trigger actions or Lambda scripts that perform an automated response for the Alarm.
- Used chef server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experience in writing ruby.
- Managing multiple AWS instances, assigning the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Auto scaling the instances to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly reliable systems.
- Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with networking of subnets containing servers.
Environment: Git, Weblogic, RHEL 6.x/7.x, Windows, SAP BO, SAP DS Auto sys, DB2, JVM, Java 1.7/1.8, FTP, Batch, Aws, F5,Cloud formation, Json, powershell, Ruby, chef, shell, Cloudwatch, LDAP, IAM, Security, Jenkins, splunk, load balancers.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Planning, Design, Road maps, POC implementations for AWS Cloud technologies. Cloud first strategy
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Teamcity, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Creating cloud formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of softwares through powershell scripts
- Build and deployed the java and nodejs web applications in agile continues integration and continues deployment environment to automate the whole process.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Writing json templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub (sub version control).
- AWS Import/Export accelerates moving large amounts of data into and out of AWS using portable storage devices for transport.
- Add project users to the AWS account with multifactor authentication enabled and least privilege permissions.
- Experienced in managing java source code using Teamcity as a part of Continuous Integration.
- Used maven as build tool on java projects for the deployment of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created branching and tagging strategies to maintain the source code in the codehub repository and coordinate with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Use EC2 Container Service (ECS) to support Docker containers to easily run applications on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Deployed LAMP based applications in AWS environment, including provisioning MYSQL- RDS and establish connectivity between EC2 instance and MySQL-RDS via security groups.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Implemented migration of Source Code Repository to AWS Code Commit.
- Deployed code in to the required environments using AWS Code Deploy.
- Use AWS CodePipeline to design and implement a Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline on AWS.
- Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with networking of subnets containing servers.
- Access VPC, Subnet, Security Group and EC2 AWS describe API and Cloud Formation to create spreadsheets, MySQL & Postgres Database entries.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, IAM, S3, EBS, AWS, SDK, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, GitHub, Chef, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Java, node.js, Angular,Agile, Apache Tomcat, JSON, Shell, Python.
Confidential, Broomfield, Colorado
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Working on AWS & Azure cloud to provision new instances. S3 Storage Services. AWS EC2 & Cloud watch services. CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- Created and designed the AWS Cloud Formation Templates to create and test stacks in different environments according to the application developer’s plan & strategies.
- Created Amazon VPC to create public-facing subnet for web servers with internet access, and backend databases & application servers in a private-facing subnet with no Internet access.
- Monitored and deployed JAVA and .NET based applications.
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tool like Ant, Maven and Jenkins, automated various builds and deployments using these tools.
- Used package repository with Nexus & Implemented Maven workflow to use public JAR files and packages to this central repository.
- Worked on Developing and Managing of the .Net application CI and CD pipeline.
- Adapted functionality in S3 and Redshift to allow incremental loading by adding staging layer and scripting SQL code to integrate staged data with the delta files.
- Monitoring Security and Network Traffic with Splunk and ELK Stack in AWS and on premises.
- Leveraging Splunk App called Hunk on Hadoop utilizing map/reduce to create a cost effective analytics Platform on AWS EMR for large amounts of machine and user data. Leveraging AWS CloudWatch and S3 logs.
- Used Udeploy as a continuous deployment tools for automation of deployment framework to reduce deployment errors and increase the efficiency.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Maintained IIS webserver during deployments and production for .net applications.
- Created proprietary .Net build system using Jenkins and MSBuild .
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Downloaded the necessary dependencies and plugins from an internal Nexus repository during the build.
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NOSQL databases.
- Responsible to install and run Mongo DB with multiple instances on servers to store data in file format.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using JUnit and Cucumber Setup Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on salve nodes.
Environment: AWS, Azure, Redshift, CI&CD automation, GIT, .Net, jenkins, Weblogic, Udeploy, Artifactory,mysql, Ansible, Cent OS, Nexus, powershell Maven, Sap Bo, Docker, java script, Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, JUnit, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Windows
Confidential, Mechanicsburg, PA
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes.
- Built a set of security policies which helps in identifying, categorizing and protecting the assets on AWS, managing access to AWS resources using accounts, users and groups.
- Architect and Implement AWS Kinesis based consumers in Lambda and pipeline data to a data lake while allowing real time analytics using DynamoDB and ordering based on the location of mobile users and ordering trends.
- Created network architecture on AWS VPC, subnets, Internet Gateway, Route Table and NAT Setup.
- Designed high availability environment for Application servers and database servers on EC2 by using ELB and Auto-scaling.
- Used Cloud Watch for monitoring AWS cloud resources and the applications that deployed on AWS by creating new alarm, enable notification service.
- Coordinate with other departments to setup health checks and monitors for high availability of cloud services.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI & CD) Process stack using AWS, GITHUB/GIT, Jenkins, and Chef.
- Used Jenkins to automate the build process and integrated with other tools.
- Performed built Elastic search, Log stash for centralized logging and then store logs, metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers
- Manage amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Maintained and enhanced existing Puppet modules to be deployed across various providers and deployment architectures.
- Managed Puppet classes, resources, packages, nodes and other common tasks using Puppet console dashboard and live management.
- Experience in creating Amazon EBS Snapshots for the backups and storing them to s3 buckets.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build. xmls and pom. xmls.
Environment: EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, ELB, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, JSON, Python script, Shell script, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, GIT, GitHub, Puppet, Nagios and Linux servers.
- Created development (Dev), quality assurance (QA), user acceptance test (UAT), performance testing (PT), production (PROD) and disaster recovery (DR) environments and each environment has close to 10 instances having separate VPC per environment.
- Create ec2 instance and manage all compute resource. ELB for ec2 instance and troubleshooting. API Calling to start and stop instance in weekend. API calling to take the snapshot of root volume automatically.
- Storage on aws EBS, S3 and Glacier and automate sync data to Glacier. Databases services on aws like RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud front, Elastic Beanstalk. Migration of ec2 instances from one region to another. Configuration of site- to- site vpn and open vpn using Linux ec2 instance.
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS).
- Automating backups by shell for Linux to transfer data in S3 bucket & Migrated MySQL database to RDS.
- Migrated media (images and videos) to s3 and used CloudFront to distribute content with low latency and at high data transfer rates.
- Used ELB and Auto scaling for load balancing and scaling EC2 instances up/down based on Network Traffic.
- Worked on AWS API Gateway for custom domain and Record sets in Amazon Route53 for applications hosted in AWS Environment.
- Create, maintain, and grow cloud infrastructure to ensure maximum productivity for customers.
- Provided operational support, and implement policies and procedures to ensure consistency with company values and goals.
- Provided guidance on AWS operations and deployment, and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch/ Splunk.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Configuration management tools like Chef.
- Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
Build/ Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Coordinated application release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Experience in using Enterprise Chef for setting up Chef Workstation, Chef Server and nodes.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Manage Confidential Products related DevOps methods using Chef (WebSphere versions & Portal server clusters) and worked with Amazon AWS in moving QA environments to the cloud.
- Coordinating with Different Project teams on Build & release planning and efforts.
- Worked on customization of existing Python scripts of some of the internal applications and Worked on writing multiple Python, Ruby and Shell scripts for various companywide tasks.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Experience in configuring, monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.
- Expertise in using Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server Apache Tomcat in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Created continuous integration system using SVN, ANT, Jenkins, Chef full automation.
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like GitHub, SVN.
- Written shell scripts for automating logs backup and archiving.
- Manage VMware Infrastructure clusters on Test/Development environments.
- Experience working with VMware tools like vCenter and vSphere to manage VM’s running on ESX cluster nodes and also experience working vMotion.
- Provide responsive off-hours support in a 24 / 7 environment and ensure maximum availability of all servers and applications.
Environment: Java/J2EE, VMware, AWS, Puppet, Jenkins, Apache, Nginx, Docker, GitHub, SVN, Chef, Oracle DB
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Linux, windows servers
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using kick start for Linux
- Installing and configuring services such as Apache and supporting them on Linux Dev, test and production servers.
- Working knowledge in services like FTP, SSH, SCP, Telnet, NFS.
- Performing RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management
- Participate in performance walkthroughs and reviews.
- Performed testing using PHPSpec and PHPUnit.
- Create and administer Volume groups, Logical Volumes using LVM.
- Managed file permissions & ownership for important directories & files.
- Administration responsibilities include user, group, disk, and security management, File sharing Permissions.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables.
- Extensively worked on LVM and extended the logical volumes.
- Maintained all the Red hat servers entitled with the latest subscriptions
- Perform error analysis and recovery, documentation and procedures required for reference
- Log all scheduled/unscheduled system activities and problems
- Monitored the systems CPU, memory, IDE/SCSI disks, disk controllers, RAID, and network parameters using the tools NAGIOS monitoring system.
- Worked on high availability servers - load balancing and clustering
- Worked with Virtualization software (Xen)
- Worked with Network Attached Storage devices and RAID technology
- Worked with NetBackup.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6, SuSe Linux SP10, Ubuntu 10.04 server, Windows, SOAP, REST, Samba, NFS, SSH, Apache, FTP, SFTP, PHPSpec and PHPUnit.