- Over 8 years of experience of IT Industry in Linux Administration, Configuration Management (SCM), Security Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management, Cloud Implementations, Orchestration, Change & Incident management, QA testing, environment setup etc.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. Working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- Created Shell and Python Scripts to automate creation of AMI’s through preboot and bootstrapping techniques. Experience in Designing Azure Resource Manager(ARM) Template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Implemented Azure APIM modules for public facing subscription based authentication.
- Good in Manage hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure, implementing & deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs), Design and implement VM storage & good understanding on Implementing images/disks.
- Worked on Configuration of Internal load balancer, load balanced sets and Azure Traffic manager.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN - Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall.
- Hands on experience on Backup and restore Azure services. Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Used AZURE APP.FABRIC Message BUS to provide valuable functionality for integrating existing systems and building composite applications.
- Working on migrating legacy, on premise applications on various cloud platforms like Azure, OpenStack, Open Shift.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy by implementing CI/CD of code with tools like Version controls, Jenkins, Maven etc. and configuration & deployment tools like Chef, Ansible & Puppet.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- AWS Node Generator instantiate or destroy a node used to host company's central Jenkins instance, server.
- Configuring, Installing and Administering the Jenkins Continuous Integration servers. Creating new build jobs, integrating testing jobs and deployment in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Hands on expertise with configuration tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Created several Cookbooks, Play Books, and Manifests to automate infrastructure maintenance & configuration.
- Experience with Chef Test Kitchen, Berkshelf and Chef spec for unit test cases.
- Managed Puppet Enterprise Upgrade Project using new Puppet syntax and improvements to the Puppet Development Workflow that supports Unit Testing and Acceptance Testing for individual Puppet Modules .
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Worked with chef ohai plugin, chef handlers, Push jobs and exposure to chef supermarket to leverage the existing cookbooks for quick automation of general deployment and Infrastructure tasks.
- Worked with containerization tools, can implement transition to Docker and develop distributed cloud system using Kubernetes.
- Experience working on docker hub, creating docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications. Experienced and proficient deploying and administering Github.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance .
- Branching/Labelling/Merging and other SCM work on various Centralized (SVN, Perforce) and Distributed VCS.
- Developed Build and Deployment Scripts using build tools ANT and MAVEN in JENKINS to migrate from one environment to another environment.
- Experience in using Nexus, Artifactory and JFrog Repository Managers for Maven and ANT builds.
- Good knowledge on Load Balancing, Controlling Flow of Traffic by using Net Scalar and monitoring tools like Sensu, Nagios.
- Experience in using CloudWatch, Nagios and Splunk and ELK for monitoring.
- Used Splunk and Appdyanmics for performance and log monitoring, created dashboards and alerts for Splunk.
- Experienced in microservices architecture by creating applications and its components to be independently scalable, versionable and deployable.
- Good knowledge and worked on several Azure, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools.
- Created files and stored documents in JSON and BSON using Mongo DB.
- Expertise in writing Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programing for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools.
- Experience in deploying WAR, JAR, and EAR files in WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss application servers in LINUX/Unix/Windows environment.
- With the help of JIRA Agile, as a team track the unit of work (Issue, Bug, story, project task, etc.) through a predefined workflow.
- Involved in supporting ESX cluster environments managing 400+ VM's running Linux and Windows environments. Great exposure to network protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, TELNET, HTTP and frame works like struts, spring and Hibernate.
- Extensive involvement in LINUX/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting on RHEL.
Operating Systems: Unix, LINUX and Windows XP/ 7/ 8/10, RHEL, CENT OS
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise SVN, CVS.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, MS Build and Gradle
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, ECS, ACS, and GCS
Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, Nginx and IBM JBoss
Repository Managers: Nexus and Artifactory
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk and CloudWatch
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, HP Quality Center
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure and OpenStack
Databases: MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB 2, NOSQL, Mongo DB
Web technologies Servlet: JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, Java Script, Typescript
Network protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP and RIP
Confidential, Woodland, CA
Sr. DevOps / AWS /AZURE engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- Templated AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Created and design the Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, for deployment of Web applications and databases.
- Created Shell and Python Scripts to automate creation of AMI’s through preboot and bootstrapping techniques.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and engaged in enabling lambda functions for dynamic creation of Roles.
- Handled migration of on premises applications to cloud, and created resources in cloud to enable this. Used all critical AWS tools, used ELBs and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability. Expert in deploying of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on Azure platform. Solving issues related to RDP of Azure infrastructure.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Experienced on creating Azure VM, Cloud Services and Storages by using Azure Power-Shell Script.
- Expertise to orchestrate the data to and from Data Lake Store using Azure Data factory.
- Used Azure BLOB to access required files and Azure Storage Queues to communicate between related processes.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, AzureStorage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365). Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Handle escalated Support tickets till closure for MS Azure PaaS platform.
- Responsible for Implementation, design, architecture, and support of cloud based server and service solutions.
- Extensively used Chef Configuration management to deploy packages with the required build artifacts from Artifactory and facilitate a stable and scalable build and deploy infrastructure .
- Used Chef for application automatic deployment and provisioning to different environments.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Chef .
- Worked with automation of OS builds and application installations through Chef, Nagios for application and Hardware resource monitoring, worked with plugins in Nagios for monitoring resources.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage deployments. Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks in YAML.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Created and maintained various devops related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools, and development and staging environments on AWS, Rack Space and Cloud .
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Experience in using TeamCity, Jenkins, Code Deploy for CI/CD pipelines, Experience in Jenkins and TeamCity to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev. through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR. Worked on all major components of Docker like, Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm etc.
- Working on GIT for data integrity.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance .
- Developed and maintained in-house Code review system before migrating to the lightweigh t code review system available in Stas
- Worked with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Handled migration of on premises applications to cloud, and created resources in cloud to enable this. Used all critical AWS tools, used ELBs and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability.
- Modified AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Handled large scale RDBMS migration through RedShift, used Multi - AZ Deployment in RDS to enable High Availability and Automatic Failover at the database tier for MySQL workloads.
Environment: AWS EC2, IAM, S3, AWS CloudWatch, Route 53, Terraform, ELK, AZURE, ANT, Maven, SVN, GIT, GITHUB, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Jenkins, JIRA, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss, JSON, Bash, Python, Ruby.Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Building the AWS Infrastructure using VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in CloudFormation.
- Handled storage over cloud with EBS and S3 policies, performed capacity planning and designing, OS upgrades and hardware refresh.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS. This includes Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Tested high availability of AWS-RDS-MySQL database by simulating failover from the primary database to read replicas and hence promoting read replica to the primary.
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment solutions to target environments. Responsible for the Continuous Delivery pipeline given to all application teams as they on-board to Jenkins as a part of migration.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server, Chef Solo and Chef Compliance including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, and recipes for server configuration, deployment, and app stack build outs.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for deployment of build on internal Data Centre servers. Re-used and modified Chef Recipes to create a deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud. integrating it with Chef.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet MCollective to interact with clusters of different servers for continuous deployments.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK & EFK) etc.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Production environment from a handful AMI’s to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Installation and Upgradation of packages and patches, Configuration management, Version Control, Service packs, troubleshooting connectivity issues and reviewing Security constraints.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins and Docker for Continuous Integration and end to end automation of all build and deployments, also have good knowledge on XL deploy and CodeDeploy as release automation solution.
- Automating the installation of software’s through power Shell scripts.
- Worked with DevOps platform team, was responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for cloud automation. Implementing Change requests for server configuration, software installation.
- Write Puppet manifests in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker, Nginx, and GitLab CI .
- Familiar with OpenStack concepts of user facing availability zones and administrator facing host aggregates.
- Used Splunk to monitoring/metric collection for applications in a cloud based environment.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Puppet to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
- Created Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using JFrogArtifactory tool.
- Backup Management, Inventory management and configuration. Vyatta open source firewall management and configuration. Cloud computing, VMware, VSphere.
- Experience with LDAP, SSO (Single Sign On), Web Agent configuration, VIPs (Virtual IP address), in complex clustered environment.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Maven, ANT, GIT, GITHUB, SVN, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, OpenStack, Splunk, RHEL, CentOSConfidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins & GIT to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Worked hands-on to create automated, containerized cloud application platform (PaaS), and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Migrate SVN repositories to GIT and administrate GITLAB to manage GIT repositories.
- Configuration management and deployments using Chef server and Good understanding of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Used Python API for uploading all the agent logs into Azure blob storage. Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure (OMS).
- Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 to SQL Azure.
- Design and Implement WCF services layer hosted on Windows Azure. This layer is the middle tier between SQL Azure and SharePoint online external content.
- Create Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Implemented Python Scripts using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs (Inventory, Remote connections, Network usage and performance counters) from the flavors of LINUX.
- Created and wrote Shell Scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Administered TFS for .NET applications. Worked with deployment of .NET batch. applications which processes high volumes of data.
- Performed parallel build for .NET application which will automatically decides which of the projects in the generated build list can be built independently.
- Used JIRA as a change Management/Work Management/SCRUM Agile tool.
- Configured Nagios to monitor servers with Chef automation.
- Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical servers.
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM / Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Subversion, CVS, Chef, Azure, LINUX, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, DB2, LDAP, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat, Nagios, JIRA.Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked with the RHEL for enterprise environment and CentOS for the POC environment.
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Java based applications using custom ANT Scripts.
- Set up the Jenkins CI/CD process and Jenkins master slaves for the entire CI/CD infrastructure.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and nonproduction environments using Jenkins & BUILD Pipelines, ANT, Maven.
- Setup the Chef servers, Chef workstations, Chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure Chef nodes.
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various Chef nodes.
- Set up the LINUX Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization.
- Worked on writing multiple Python, Ruby and Shell scripts for various companywide tasks.
- Worked on configuring the Apache Tomcat for Java applications deployment.
- Setup the GIT synchronization for Django (Python based web framework) based applications.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, GIT, Chef, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, Sonar, RHEL, CentOS.Confidential
Build and Release Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Involved with development teams to support simultaneous software releases
- Worked with installation, deployment and maintenance of middleware application servers to RHEL Dev and Test environments.
- Created Ant, Perl and UNIX scripts for Build activities for QA staging and PROD environments.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo to automate the daily processes.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE and .Net to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the entire process.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic and web application servers.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Bamboo, Confluence, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, WebLogic, Shell Scripts, Junit, JXML, UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle.Confidential
- Managing UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting problems in the environment.
- Installing operating systems Solaris, LINUX and HP according to business requirements.
- Planning and implementing the configuration changes to the servers adhering with ITIL change management process.
- Troubleshooting the issues ranging from Solaris, LINUX and SAN environments.
- Regularly applying patches both for SUN and LINUX systems.
- Creating and maintenance of Virtual machines in VMware ESX.
- Expertise in automation of job scheduling using Cron, shell scripting
- Worked on different VMware products like VMware workstation, GSX/VMware server, VMware player, VMware Converter.
- Installed and configured Sendmail on Solaris LINUX and AIX servers.
- Established end-to-end software development process using Shell on top of BO, including automated builds of Rhapsody models.
- Implemented security policy and managed firewalls/IDS. Managed DNS, Sendmail, IP space, and co-location facility transition.
- Assembled, Replaced and Handled Sun, LINUX and AIX Hardware problems in Data Center.
- Developed Korn and Bash Shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Configured NFS, FTP, NIS, NTP servers.
- Expertise in automation of job scheduling using Cron, shell scripting.s
- Performed Storage Management to assign storage to Linux servers over Fiber Channel with Multipath and managed LVM to create/modify Volume groups, LVs, filesystems and disk mirroring.
Environment: RHEL 3, RHEL 6, RHEL 7, UNIX, IDS, DNS, AIX, SAN, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Nagios, GSX/VMware, ESX, EMC.