- Around 8 + years of experience in IT industry comprising of Development, Systems Administration, Infrastructure Management Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle). Software Configuration Management (SCM) experience includes Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management implementing duties such as monitoring, automation, deployment, documenting, support and troubleshooting along with Amazon Web Services and Cloud Implementation.
- Strong experience on DevOps concepts like Build automation, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Infrastructure as code technologies, Cloud computing etc.
- Experience in executing WebLogic Solaris & Linux in Installation, Configuration, debugging (visual studio, Wireshark) Backup, Recovery, Maintenance and Support.
- Excellent working knowledge with designing, installing and implementing VMware ESX Server, VMware Virtual Center, VMware vSphere, VMware Infrastructural Products for Virtualization.
- Extensive Experience with Continuous Integration Tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, BuildForge, Urban Code, Bamboo, TeamCity for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Expertise in working with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Integrated Docker into various tools like AWS, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Bamboo, Vagrant, Jenkins and VMware Containers.
- Creation of Docker images and linking of Docker Containers for secured way of data transfer
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experience in working with Cloud platforms - Service Now Amazon AWS
- Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI Tools
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in using version controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, IBM Clear case UCM.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Experience in using Git, GitHub and Subversion.
- Well versed in managing source code repositories like SVN, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux, configuration management using Puppet and Chef. Support as part of DevOps team to help deployment using Jenkins Hudson Bamboo and Teamcity.
- Have Experience on .bat and .sh files for windows platform.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Have experience on Python Scripting in various projects for automating tasks.
- Creation of Docker images and linking of Docker containers for secured way of data transfer
- Proficient in Python, XML, ANT Scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell Scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Experience in deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, Oracle weblogic server.
- Extensive knowledge with the Big Data concepts and Hadoop software.
- Extensive experience with Git in a Team environment on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing RedHat, CentOS and Ubuntu servers.
- Experience in using virtualization tools like Virtual Box, VMware and provisioning virtual machines using Vagrant.
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets.
- Good knowledge and hands on Experience in some monitoring tools like Splunk, Nagios, Cacti etc.
- Experience with Udeploy, Application Deployment Automation Tools.
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Great practical experience implementing and enhancing the end to end work flow of Continuous Integration ( Jenkins, Team City and GOCD ), Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment process for an organization.
- Experience in using Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Successfully automated processes to support continuous software deployments.
- Designed project workflows/pipelines with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, bamboo, build forge.
- Experience in building/Managing private clouds with OpenStack.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation servers on Public Cloud like AWS, Docker.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Knowledge on Vagrant, Docker and Kubernetes based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of env’s delivery for releases.
- Extensive experience in using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- In depth knowledge on working of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Methodologies, exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC).
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XSD, XSL, XPATH
Languages: C, C++, JAVA (EJB, JMS, JNDI, JPA, JSF, JSP, JSTL, Servlets), XML, SHELL, PERL, Python, Ruby
Build/Release Tools: Jenkins, Perforce, Docker, Udeploy AWS, Azure, Chef, Puppet, ANT, Vagrant, Hudson, GitHub, TeamCity, Ansible, Open Stack and Salt Stack, Splunk, Zabbix, Nexus
SCM Tools: Git, CVS, SVN, Harvest, RTC, Perforce, TFS, Clearcase
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux - RedHat/Centos/Ubuntu, HP-UX, Solaris, Microsoft Windows NT, MAC OS
Database: MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, PostGress, SQL Mongo DB, Cassandra, DB2
AWS Services: EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, Amazon Direct Connect, OpsWorks
Web Servers: Oracle Web logic server11g/10g /9, Apache, Node JS, Tomcat, NGINX WebLogic 8.1/9.2, WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle ATG web commerce, IIS
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, PowerShell, Ruby Scripts, Python Scripting
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Confidential, Mason, Ohio
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Automated repetitive tasks within the technical infrastructure to streamline and improve overall quality through the high availability of resources resulting in a 36% reduction in support times
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAMs and used the codepipeline plug-in to integrate Jenkins with AWS and also created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Involved in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS Volumes, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling groups, Lambda Functions, Apigw, Cloudformation Templates, IAM Roles, Policies.
- We migrated from our company datacenter to AWS using their services for our projects for server based centos, redhat for development, QA, UAT, Prod environments and provide access to all teams who worked on that applications.
- For serverless we are using cloud formation Templates for creating environments using developer tools in aws like codecommit, codebuild, codedeploy, codepipeline, Lambda functions, Apigw, Stepfunctions, S3, Postgresql providing access for a Team.
- Extend and develop Ansible plugins and modules to fully automate AWS management andput the power of deployment into the hands of the product owners.
- Architect and implement the micro-service ecosystem on top of AWS and docker. Designworkflows and write tools to allow engineers to develop and fully manage their own micro-service stacks across all environments (from dev to prod).
- Interact with developers and Enterprise Configuration Management Team for changes to best practices and tools to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks.
- Manage the development, deployment and release lifecycles by laying down processes andwriting the necessary tools to automate the pipe.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for ourQA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Basic Code Scripting in PowerShell.
- Automated the regular build and deployment processes for pre-prod and prod environmentsusing Tools such as Maven following the Software Implementation Plan.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts toNexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool withAnt and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked with Hudson/Jenkins continuous integration servers to write/perform sanity checksas well as automatic rpm builds.
- Assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Deployed mircoservices, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Maintained a high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible)
- Wrote Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Installing, setting up & Troubleshooting Ansible, created and automated platform environment setup.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Scheduling jobs using Ansible Experience and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Migrated VMware VMs to AWS and Managed Services with Ansible.
- Working with GitHub to store the code and integrated into Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Analyze and recommend sizing requirements for adoption of Atlassian Tools.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes Containers and Chef.
- Deployed applications using Docker Containers in the cloud with Paas.
- Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Used Artifactory repository Tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Written Shell Scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Owner of Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation Tool.
- Configured the user accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development Teams.
- Handled Jira Tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch for Resource Monitoring.
- Experienced with Nagios, CloudWatch as IT Infrastructure Monitoring Tool and knowledge onSplunk.
Environment: AWS, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Jira, AppDynamics, Cassendra, ANT, Shell Scripts, PythonConfidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plug-in to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Involved in working on the environments of AWS like EC2, Elastic Search, VPC, Subnets, Routing Tables, Internet gateways, IAM, Route53, VPC peering, S3, ELB, RDS, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, SNS on AWS.
- Performed Branching, Merging, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool, GIT.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run the code by S3 and SNS. Used Jenkins AWS Code Deployplug-in to deploy into AWS.
- Good Knowledge in Azure Cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure ServiceBus. Create and manage Azure AD Tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as abuild tools on Java, PHP projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Used AWS Cloud Services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell Scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Creating Cloud Formation Scripts for hosting software on AWS Cloud and automating theinstallation of software through PowerShell Scripts.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins.
- Worked extensively with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Worked with DevOps Team on areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infrastructure, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM. Experience in working with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef.
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Chef, Jenkins and Cloud Formation.
- Written cookbooks for installing Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, JDK etc. and for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instancebackups to S3 Setup OpenStack proof of concept (POC) in staging.
- Wrote Python Scripts to perform deploys for Tomcat Webserver and WebSphere App Servers.
- Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances in QA environment.
- Integrated of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA and Production).
- Created images and stored in the Docker Containers and uploaded to the Docker hub.
- Implemented Docker-maven-plug-in in and maven POM.XML to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in VMware Cloud.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker Containers and configuring the Docker Containers using Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Stagingand Production environments using Bash, Shell, Python, Ruby and Perl Scripts.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Monitoring of EC2 instances using Nagios. Involved in Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experienced in Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help ofNagios, CloudWatch and Splunk.
Environment: AWS, AWS IAM, AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS cloud watch, Route 53, Nginx, ANT, Maven, SVN, GIT, GitHub, Chef, Docker, Nagios, Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS, JSON, Java/J2EE, Bash, Shell, Python, PHP, Ruby.Confidential, Madison, WI
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Experience in Software Integration, Configuration, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to another environment and deploying to servers.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Extensive experience on configuring Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACL.
- Experience in Python programming for deployment of Java applications and implementation and automation of Shell Scripts for release and build automation
- Experience in migrating build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Apache, MAVEN.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and maintained log analysis generated by various systems including security products.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat Server.
- Created Route tables to route the traffic to find whether it is public or private network.
- Used Bootstrap Script for launching large number of instances in AWS.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Used Chef for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front- end servers.
- Using Terraform and Ansible, migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker Container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby Scripting on Linux.
- Wrote shell scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment and used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experienced in Azure Network Configuration - Created resource groups using resourcemanager which allow to see cost/billing and monitoring information for resources within aresource group and manage access to those resources as a set for individual customer.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configuration and for Tomcat, MySQL, Windows applications and versioned them on GIT repositories and Chef Server.
- Installed RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on company's policies.
- Created users, roles and groups using Identity Access Management (IAM) and attached the required policies.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, PowerShell, Shell and Ruby. Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool GIT (GitHub)
Environment: Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Nagios, Jira, AWS, Confluence, Cassendra, ANT, Shell Scripts, IAM, Cloud Foundry, AWS.Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Build and Release Engineer
- As a DevOps, Build & amp; Release Engineer responsible for continuous delivery, working withdifferent teams to deliver high-quality applications to satisfy growing customer and businessdemands.
- Performed builds on Java projects using ANT and MAVEN as build tools.
- Regular builds are initiated using the continuous integration tool like Jenkins. Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and productionenvironments.
- Implemented MAVEN builds to automate artifacts like jar, war and ear.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiplesimultaneous software releases.
- Used the continuous Integration (CID) Tool Jenkins for automating the build processes.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating withCI Tools.
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for variousapplications according to agile process.
- Designing, creating and maintaining GIT repositories to client specifications.
- Managed source control systems GIT and SVN.
- Installation, configuration and management of Apache Tomcat Servers.
- Used Puppet and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructurecode across multiple environments.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and virtualization based technologies.
- Worked on creating the Amazon Web Services EC2 Instances, ECS and security groups.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Working experience on Scrum Methodology.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smoothproduction releases.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of release for the emergency releases andcoordinated with different teams.
- Created a complete release process documentation, which explains all the steps involved inthe release process.
- Working closely with setting up of the Configuration Management tools Puppet andautomation of the infrastructure with Chef that included migrating from the currentinfrastructure workflow to the new workflow.
- Manage release management and deployment, building a SharePoint Farm in Azure, non-HA Farm for development, QA and UAT environment
- Took the software distribution and turned it into CentOS / Red Hat / Ubuntu compatible packages.Developed and published the cloud-tool, a Python-based, dynamically programmed, platform-agnosticcommand-line tool to drive any Cloud APIs.
- Manage backups and restore for the newly created Azure based SharePoint environment
- Configured Source Code Management tools with Bamboo and executed triggers in SVN.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest and ANT build automation.
- Involved in the migration of code from SVN to GIT.
- Written Selenium Scripts and used them for unit testing and integration testing.
- Integrated SVN into Hudson / Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Worked on both Azure PaaS and IaaS based SharePoint environment
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef
- Create, maintain and customize complex JIRA project configurations, including workflows, custom fields, permissions and notifications.
- Responsible for managing and administering multiple instances of GIT, including the build server infrastructure and operating environment for Android; develop server-side scripts/SW to customize GIT and totie in with other tools such as Gerrit /JIRA, Jenkins/Hudson.
- Expertise building and monitoring software projects continuously with a CI Tool, Bamboo, Hudson, CruiseControl, Build Forge, Visual Build Professional.
- Reduced the time to on-board new developers by writing a Sinatra app to automate all common new developertasks like setting up their desktops, virtual machines, GIT accounts, and development environment.
- Created ANT and Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar.
- Built deployment pipelines using Jenkins as a frontend for continuous deployment to local staging and test environments and to production environments on demand, using a combination of Ruby, AWS Tools and shell scripting.
- Created a best practice Build environment using Jenkins, Packer, immutable instances and AWS.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Tomcat, Shell Scripting, GIT, Puppet, Jenkins, Windows 2000/XP, GIT, ANT, Maven, Artifactory, WebSphere, Java, SVN, VMware, Jenkins, JBoss, Perl Scripting, JIRA, WebLogic, ChefConfidential
- Systems Administrator responsible for centralized Administration / Maintenance of Linuxservers.
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.x and SUSE 10.x.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining the file sharing servers like Samba, NFS,
- FTP and also Web Sphere & amp; Web Logic Application Servers, Nagios.
- Experienced in configuration and maintenance of common Linux services such as Tomcat,
- Apache, MySQL, NFS, FTP, Postfix, LDAP, DHCP, DNS BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, ip tables andfirewall etc.
- Ability to handle load balancer implementations like bonding multiple interfaces into singlebond in case of over load on LAN devices.
- Implementation of RAID 0/1/5 for creation of logical volumes using VERITAS Volume Managerand Red hat cluster servers in SAN Storage Area Environment.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bashand Python
- Administering local and remote servers on daily basis, troubleshooting and correcting errors.
- Experienced with inter networking using TCP/IP and resolving network connectivity usingtools like dig, nslookup, ping.
- Monitoring of web servers and other services using Nagios monitoring tool.
- Installing and configuring various servers as Apache web server, HTTP server, Samba.
- Experience in RHEL Provisioning, Upgrades, Patching, Configuration and Performance Tuningin Linux environment using satellite server.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, Tomcat and Oracle Web logic 10.3application servers including installation, configuration, and management and troubleshooting.
- Strong experience in VM environments like XEN, KVM, Oracle Virtual Box and VM Ware 5.0.
- Database administration of MySQL, Oracle or equivalent Data Base programs.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, NetApp, RPM Package Management and others.
- Experience in creating Disk Partitions, Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and RAID.
- Debugged network connectivity issues and involved in trouble shooting activities with commands ping, trace route, tcpdump, nslookup, netstat, IOstat, top.
- Experienced in writing Shell Scripts in Bash, C-shell and Cron tab in Linux to automate thetasks.
- Scripting done in administrative and management tasks using shell, Bash, Python forautomated administrative jobs and experience on Bourne, Ruby, Perl and C-shell.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Satellite Server, Apache Tomcat,Kickstart, Bonding, RAID, WebSphere, SQL, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion, Samba, NFS, FTP, LVM, Tomcat, Apache, bash, Python.