- Over 6+ years of IT industry experience with 4+ years of experience working on Cloud, DevOps/Build and Release/Build Automation/Release Management in Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, SCM, Incident and Change Management) with solid understanding of the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in working on Source code control systems like TFS, Subversion, GIT/GIThub, SVN, CVS and branching as well as merging.
- Experience in using Nexus artifactory Repository for MAVEN, Ant, Gradle builds.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE, ASP.net.
- Good command over modern programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Groovy.
- Experienced in implementing SCM tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker.
- Good command over working on Docker containers, Redhat Openshift containers.
- Good command over cloud technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azzure.
- Experienced in Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) using JENKINS, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Docker, Nexus and for Multi-Environments such as Local/NON-PROD/PROD with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform. Orchestrating CI/CD processes. CI/CD tools Dockerized and infrastructure setup in, AWS and VPCs.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT, Gradle as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Extensively worked on JENKINS for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good experience with Sonarqube and Fortify scans.
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Splunk.
- Good experience in Implement, Build and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production) using Jenkins.
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Bash Scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Good command over various operating such as Linux, Unix and windows.
- Fair understanding of TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Good command over manual and automation testing such as Selenium.
- Good command over RDMS concepts and databases such as MySql, MongoDb
- Experience in working with Tracking Tools like JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Good experience with complete Release Management process, Release Engineering and Change Management.
- Efficiently used Project Management Tools like Base Camp, MS Project, MS Share point and Atlassian tools (JIRA, confluence, Stash, BitBucket, Source Tree, Crucible)
- Documented, Implemented and Maintained program level processes and desk level procedures to perform tasks complaint with Software Configuration Practices.
- Documented Daily meetings, Build reports, Release Notes and many other day-today documentation and Status Reports.
- Proficient in Shell, Python and Perl scripting language for automation CI/CD.
- Proficient in Linux.
- Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, API call, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
Programming Languages: Ruby, Python, Java, C, C++.
SCM TOOLS: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
Cloud: AWS, Azzure
CI/CD Automation Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, Windows, MAC
Scripting: Perl, Python, Shell, Bash, Ruby
Source code management/Version Control: GIT, SVN, CVS
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, ATG, Web Sphere, JBOSS
Databases (RDBMS): MYSQL, Oracle, MongoDb, Cassandra
Software Testing: Manual, Automation (Selenium)
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose
Design and Process: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Responsible for building and configuring the automated CI/CD pipeline in multiple environments such Prod/Non-Prod, using Jenkins, Nexus Repo, Maven, Git, Docker, udeploy, AWS.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Provided architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability of infrastructure.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x& 7.x
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Managed ANT/ MAVEN project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers ( ELB s) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Worked with several AWS services like EC2, S3, Cloud formation and cloud watch.
- Responsible for creating EC2 instances.
- Maintaining Infrastructure automation using Chef.
- Used Sonarqube for quality checks, code quality metrics.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Worked with application development and operation teams using a variety of automated testing and build and deploy tools ( Ant, Maven, Nexus, JENKINS, GIT, JUNIT ) to resolve issues with transition to new DevOps solution
- Managed MAVEN project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Worked on building Docker and deploying artifacts to artifactory and dockyard.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Maintained the source code repositories.
- Implemented the Blue/Green deployment and thus ensuring the automated roll back process.
- Involved in regular discussions and conflict resolution on Build and Release related issues.
- Regular meetings with the application teams and ensuring them where an automated approach can be taken place.
Environment: Jenkins, Chef, GIT/GITHUB, Maven, ANT, Nexus Repo, AWS, Apache Tomcat, Linux, Shell Scripting, JIRA, SonarQube, MySql, BitBucket, Docker, Dockyard, Artifactory, udeploy, Agile.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system.
- Maintain and enhance current build procedures for all software development projects.
- Create Puppet Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Perform deployments and installations.
- Deploying JAR and WAR files to a java web server.
- Research and recommend open source tools, practices, and methodologies that enhance our day-to-day productivity.
- Used Ant, MAVEN to perform daily and weekly Software Builds.
- Installed administered and configured JENKINS Continuous Integration tool.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Installing and configuring chef by registering the nodes with the chef server
- Writing cookbooks, uploading them to chef server and executing them on the nodes by running chef client
- Created virtual environments via vagrant with chef client provision
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures and responsible for source code management using RTC.
- Maintain build system and automate build process for different applications.
- Deploying Java Enterprise applications to Apache Web Server, JBoss Application server.
- Created Instances in Apache Web Server and JBoss Application server in QA and Production environments.
- Automate deployment and release distribution process with shell, AWK, and Perl etc.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release.
- Used Oracle to connect to various databases and to check for the invalid objects after and before each release.
- Posting the build on time & following it up the testing team on posted builds until the specified release goes LIVE
Environment: GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Puppet, Ansible, AWS, Subversion, JENKINS, Oracle 10g, Remedy, Confluence, Kubernetes, Shell Scripts, Apache Web Server, JBoss Application Server.
Build and Release Engineer
- Identify new tools and technologies that will make the release and SCM process more efficient, repeatable, reliable and cost effective.
- Coordinated with configuration management team to ensure that all applicable environment issues are resolved in advance of production implementation.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stake holders, identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Assisted developers in debugging application build, deployment and connectivity issues.
- Designed, build and maintained continuous delivery pipelines.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository, GitHub is used as remote system.
- Created Branches, tags, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for to perform automated builds and deployments.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Maven is used as build tool and Nexus Artifactory is used as a source for artifacts needed for a build, and a target to deploy artifacts generated in the build process.
- Working with dashboard, log management and monitoring tools like splunk.
- Designed and built infrastructure on AWS environment.
- Worked extensively with AWS provided solutions like EC2, ELB, VPC, EBS, S3 cloud formation templates, volumes and snapshots.
- Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker, Nginx, and GitLab CI.
- Automated OS and application deployments (server, configurations, application code).
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Implementing monitoring tools to identify and resolving application deployment problems, resolving and/or escalating to development teams. Automated application build processes.
- Participated in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure performance and capacity.
- Communicated failed builds and error logs to QA and Developers to debug and troubleshoot problem areas.
Environment: Java/J2EE, GIT, GitHub, Nexus Artifactory, MAVEN, Jenkins, AWS, JIRA, Splunk, Bash Scripting, Python Scripting.
- Created and deployed multiple VM’s using VSphere client.
- Installed and configured various operating systems like HP-UX, Cent OS.
- Installed, configured and maintained LDAP for the client and helped them to migrate from Sun one LDAP server to IBM.
- Provided support for multiple labs running Red Hat operating systems.
- Installed and configured Web Sphere extended deployment manager (XD) 6.0.2/6.1/7.0
- Highly experienced in optimizing performance of Web Sphere application server using workload management.
- Installed and upgraded VMware vSphere ESXi 5.1, 5.0 in a total of ESXi servers.
- Setup and configure failover load balancing using IP bonding for network cards.
- Configured the RAID disks from the bios for creating the file systems.
- Installing Solaris 10 through Jump Start server on Sun fire V240’s & V890’s.
- Provided virtualization support using Red Hat’s KVM platform to create and manage virtual host.
- Performed the Linux kernel upgrades on the server as suggested by the Linux engineering team.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, ESXi 5.5 WebSphere Application server, open VMS, Veritas Volume manager, Solaris 9, 10, VMware VSphere 5.1, 5.0.