- Around 8+ Years of experience in IT industry as a Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (DevOps) Engineer, with a good understanding of the principles and best practices of SCM in Agile, Scrum methodologies and a Specialist in AWS/Cloud Management.
- Experience on Source Code Management systems such as, GIT, CVS, Subversion, Clear Case.
- Experience in creating SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release and/or deploy the highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Experience in major Configuration Management Tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack.
- Experience in implementation and administration Continuous Integration process using Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, Bamboo, Anthill Pro.
- Expertise on various components of Chef including chef server, workstations, Nodes, Configuration of chef - client and writing cookbooks and recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Experience in using various languages like Ruby, Python, PHP, Shell, Bash, Java, XML.
- Experience in Implementing AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups, Ops Works.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools like Ant, Maven and working knowledge on other build tools like MS Build.
- Experience using Chef in provisioning AWS machines. Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins, Chef to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment.
- Experience with commercial, open source and SaaS-based monitoring tools like Nagios, Datadog, Cloud Watch, Cacti, Zenoss, Zabbix.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Patches, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell/bash and Batch Scripts.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE, C, C++ and ASP.net Web applications environment.
- Experience in monitoring Database Server for Performance including monitoring memory use and monitoring Physical Disk usage.
- Experienced in deploying Database Changes to Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL databases.
- Experience in coordinating with offshore and onshore teams for Production Releases.
- Worked on databases including Oracle 8i/9i, DB2 UDB 8.2/8.1/7.2/6.5, SQL 2014, mongo dB and writing SQL queries.
- Working experience of LDAP, NIS, DHCP, TCP/IP NFS & DNS.
- Worked on principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Hands-on with different Bug Tracking Tools such as Rally, Jira, Bugzilla, Clear Quest and Remedy.
- Experience with creating CM Plans, Test plans and Build Documentation while maintaining source code.
- Working knowledge on Containers (Docker, Docker Hub) and Orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm & Mesos).
- Familiar with concepts of OpenStack, MS Azure, Digital Ocean Cloud-Based Technologies.
- Familiar with concepts of Hashi corp Tools like Atlas, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Serf and Vagrant.
- Familiar with concepts of Octopus and Microservices.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills with the ability to work independently, with little or no supervision, and as a member of a team.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Solaris, CentOS, Linux, Ubuntu
Cloud Services: AWS, OpenStack, OpenShift
SCM Tools: SVN, GIT, CVS, ClearCase
Continuous Integration: Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, Anthill Pro
Continuous Deployment: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, UDeploy
Repository Management: Artifactory, Nexus
Virtualization: VMware Workstation, vSphere, Oracle Virtual box
Build Management Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Datadog, Cloud Watch, Splunk, New Relic
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Log Management: ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack
Project Management: Atlassian, JIRA, Confluence, MS OFFICE Suite
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, RUP, Waterfall Methodology
Application Server: Tomcat, Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache, JBOSS
Languages: C, C++, SQL, .NET, Python, Ruby, Objective C, Java/J2EE
Scripts: Shell, ANT, Batch, Perl, Power Shell
Database: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Defect Management: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Rally, ClearQuest
Testing Tools: Selenium, JUnit, HP Quality Center, Test Flight, Test Rail
Confidential, Boise, ID
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created reusable and tested infrastructure with Terraform modules and Versioned modules for Staging, Testing and Production environments in AWS.
- Created Custom Polices to Users and Groups using Policy Generator in IAM for privileges to AWS Services Enabling Cross Account Access for users by switching roles in the Dev account permission to assume the role in the Prod account.
- Configured IOPS EC2 instances for databases MySQL and maintained instances securely by using NAT (network address translation) Gateway, Private Subnets, Security Groups and NACL (network access control list) in custom VPC.
- Managing S3 Bucket Lifecycle Policies, ACL and enabled MFA (multi-factor authentication) for providing Security to objects and configured CORS on S3 buckets
- Installed and administered GIT source code tool and ensured the reliability of the application as well as designed the branching strategies for GIT.
- Maintaining infrastructure Highly Available by Route 53 using Failover and Latency Based Routing Policies.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB
- Load Balanced by writing Service Configuration Files using YAML scripting and stored files in GIT
- Created Chef Automation tools and builds, to do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration .
- Migrated from Chef to Docker and Kubernetes by using Blue/Green Deployment.
- Deployed production-ready Kubernetes Clusters on top of Amazon EC2 instances using KOPS.
- Have been using Docker Containers to Build Microservices Architecture.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and build automation to create/pull/retag the Docker images and push the image to a Docker registry in the Aws cloud
- Used Maven Build scripts for compiling and deploying the application onto Apache Tomcat Web Container, WebLogic Server.
- Experienced in developing Web Services with Python programming language.
- Good experience in Shell Scripting, Ruby SQL Server, UNIX and Linux, Open stack.
- Automated deployments using YAML, Bash, Python and JSON scripting.
- Created a Docker container that supports the installation of Nexus Repository Manager.
- Expertise in using Jfrog Artifactory to archive the artifacts created at the end of the build and release process.
- Streamlined installation of OpenShift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- Integrate VMware cloud infrastructure with OpenStack to enable deployment of production based IT environment administrator/DevOps.
- Having knowledge on OpenStack services such as Compute, Network, Storage, Dashboard, Image, Identity, Monitoring, and Orchestration Service.
- Performed Transactional Monitoring and Website Monitoring as often as every minute using Nagios, New Relic.
- Good experience in creating automation framework along with developing, executing and maintaining automation testing script with Selenium WebDriver.
- Written test cases using Junit, TestNG for several pieces of code to check the functionality.
- Configured JIRA DVCS Connector Plugin and Integrated JIRA with GitHub for tracking issues and tasks.
- Have been creating Test Environments using Vagrant by spinning up Virtual Machines (Vagrant Boxes)
Environment: Aws, Bash, WebLogic, Selenium, Junit, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, GIT, GitHub, Jira, Maven, Apache Tomcat, CloudHealth, SQL, OpenStack, OpenShift, Ruby, Nexus, Splunk, Nagios, JIRA, Perl, YAML, Json, Python, Confluence, Vagrant, Linux.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Build and configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Created and monitored alarms, notifications for EC2 instances, and Billing Notifications using Cloud Watch and SNS.
- Build scripts on AWS cloud for scheduling EC2 auto scaling load balancer with python SDK.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud computing and launching Instances and automation of administration roles.
- Build uDeploy workflows for deployment automation of JAVA and .NET applications.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins, Buildforge, uDeploy, Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build, deployments.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS Code Pipeline to deploy docker containers in AWS ECS using services like Cloud Formation, Code Build, Code Deploy, S3 and Ansible.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Mastery of build technologies like Jenkins, Integration and automation of source control applications with TFS.
- Installed TFS 2015 and setup different TFS user groups for the project team
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Run deck and Jenkins.
- Deployed the archives to tomcat Web server and Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Created entire application using Python, Django, MySQL and Linux.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and knowledge of Clear Case.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- I have personally used vagrant for testing automation scripts before configuring them in real time servers.
- Accessed database objects using Django Database APIs.
- Experience OpenStack Installation and configuration with in Linux environment.
- Worked on python based test frameworks and test-driven development with automation tools.
- Experience is using, Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, Power Shell and Ruby. Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Implemented advanced procedures like text analytics and processing using the in-memory computing capabilities like Apache Spark written in Scala.
- Deployed microservice’s including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Run deck and Jenkins.
- Responsible for on boarding Application teams to build and deploy their code using GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus and Ansible.
- Deep understanding in TCP/IP network troubleshooting issues.
- Created, managed, and maintained virtual server infrastructure; utilized VMware to build networking & server lab environment that streamlined server OS / application deployments, increased system uptime, and improved reliability.
- Performed web testing automation using selenium API.
- Wrote automation test cases and fixing automation script bugs.
Confidential, Lisle, IL
Build & Release / DevOps Engineer
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Good experience in Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- Created users, roles and groups using Identity Access Management (IAM) and attached the required policies.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Streamlined the CI/CD process for application deployments by enforcing strong source code repository management techniques and securing configuration files away from application source code for improved security.
- In-depth Knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployments.
- Developed CM and release plans to outline CM main functions, CM guidelines, Release procedures, Roles, Responsibilities, Deliverables, Schedules and milestones.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins.
- Administered WebSphere application server in the UNIX platform for dev, QA and prod environments.
- Managed builds and wrote Build scripts for JAVA and Web Sphere based applications.
- Studied the current build and release process and automated the process using shell scripts.
- Experience in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MY SQL by using SQL for data integrity.
- Troubleshooting and supporting tasks of an engineer in day to day management, troubleshooting issues, triaging and escalations to developers.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Worked on creating nightly and weekly builds for different modules with experience in Designing of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Experience in Issue Tracking tools JIRA, Remedy, Service Now and HP Quality Center
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby and XML.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Automated the installation, deployment and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers to RHEL Development and Test Environments.
- Installing and configuring services such as Apache HTTP, DNS, SMTP, HTTPD and supporting them on Linux
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
Environment: Puppet, SVN, GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, AWS, Chef, Maven, ANT, Tomcat, Cloud computing, Jvm, Jira, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, Nagios, HTTP, DNS, XML, IAM, UNIX, SMTP, SQL, MySQL, Artifactory.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Build & Release Engineer
- Interaction with business analysts for getting updated requirements and supported change Management Processes.
- Worked on agile development life cycle.
- Involved In building and Deployment of various projects using script files and Web Sphere Admin console.
- Involve in installation, configuration and maintenance of Jenkins and Octopus for compilation and packaging of new code releases.
- Wrote new ANT scripts to Automate build process and modified the existing ones according to the new project guidelines.
- Supported developers and other teams to successfully access and use modified scripts.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Involved in using ClearCase import tools for migrating data from CVS to ClearCase.
- Designed and implemented ClearCase and CVS metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Utilized CVS/ClearCase for maintaining build/release strategies.
- Documented release, builds and source control procedures and plans.
- Use of Java/J2EE for developing applications to leverage SOA architectures, for shipment tracking.
- Worked on designing and developing Web Pages using HTML, DHTML, CSS, JSP pages.
- Working with Change Order with current release and implement them in the Production.
- Automated ClearCase based release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Maintained the expected change requests for scheduled builds.
- Involved in development and maintenance of Perl scripts for build and release of tasks.
- Work with developers, QA and configurations teams to identify and resolve build or deployment issues
- Ensures high quality build artifacts are packaged and ready for production deployments.
- Provided release updates to the management team and business liaison leads.
- Experienced in working with distributed memory object caching systems like Memcached using Python and implemented Caching Layer for REST API's along with Two Factor Authentication of API's to meet industry standards.
- Responsible for releasing code to the Product Test environment, Regression Test and to Production environments.
- Maintained the results after regression Test to confirm stability of the project.
Environment: SVN, ClearCase, WebSphere Portal, Tomcat, IBM Build Forge, ANT, TFS, Python, HTTP, DB2, ClearQuest, Tivoli, Shell Scripting, Rest API, J2EE, CVS, HTML.
- Create user accounts and group policies on windows and Linux Servers.
- Day to day Linux hardware support, problem and change ticket implementations, OS builds & upgrades with along with day-to-day storage.
- Analyzed and resolved problems associated with Linux server/desktop hardware, application software.
- Administer SSH access for user accounts.
- Created CRON Jobs for file backups.
- Responsible for the installation of CentOS Linux for new build environment.
- Participated in Java/J2EE and have ability to develop XML, HTML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Image servers and client computers and remotely manage their software after deployment on RedHat Linux.
- Leveraged AngularJS sources for data access and created custom directives, factories, services for the reusable components.
- Provide software and hardware tech support 24/7 on call support as required.
- Installed and maintained CentOS and Linux Red Hat Servers.
- Provided release updates to the management team and business liaison leads. Releases were done at feature level and not at individual changes or at file level.
- Configured and monitored JBOSS instances.
- Installed GIT, and created GitHub account, created a local GIT repository.
- Frequently accessed GIT through PUSH and PULL commands.
- Responsible for administration of GIT version control and Perform activities branching, tagging, backup, restore, access permissions.
- Experience in installation and configuration of a monitoring tool Nagios.
- Set up and configure Network, switches, routers, WAN and Firewall.
- Remotely copying files using SFTP, FTP, SCP and FileZilla.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts for automated installations, to extract logs using C, Bash, Perl, and Python.
- Troubleshooting the network with the help of Netstat, ping, nslookup and Traceroute tools.
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Configured application servers (Tomcat) to deploy the code.
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS in RHEL Configure network protocols such as DNS, DHCP and SMTP and troubleshoot network issues related to TCP/IP protocol providing support for users in solving their problems.
- Maintain excellent client relations and service based on outstanding communication, technical efficiency, and problem-solving skills.
Environment: UNIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (4.x/5.x), Solaris 8, SUSE 10, Sun Ultra Enterprise 600/450, SUN Ultra 10/5/2/1, Samba, VMware, Bash, FTP, SSH, FileZilla, nslookup, Perl.