- Around 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of DevOps Build/Release Management and AWS Cloud Management , Software Configuration Management (SCM). Extensive experience includes SCM, Linux/Systems Administration work on Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SU SELinux, CentOS, Fedora, VMware, vSphere
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems GIT , CVS, SVN (Subversion), Clear Case Perforce , Bit Bucket and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Experience writing and execution of BASH , SHELL , Python , and PERL scripts to automate deployments.
- Experience in building new OpenStack Deployment through Puppet and managing them in production environment.
- Experienced with Chef, SaltStack, Puppet as Configuration Management Tool and knowledge on Ansible.
- Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes API's for Amazon ( AWS ) EC2 , S3, VPC, ELB , EMR, EFS, AMI, ACL, SNS, SQS, SWF, RDS, Dynamo DB, EBS, Code Commit, Code Deploy, Direct connect, Cloud Watch , Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Optimized volumes, Auto Scaling, IAM, Route 53, DNS, Mango DB, OPSwork with Cloud Sigma (EU) and GFS Storage.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins , Docker , Docker Swarm, Bamboo , Teamcity and Build Forge to implement the End - to-End Automation .
- Hands on experience with Docker, Cassandra, Solar, kafka , Mesos, Make tooling.
- Experience working with Docker containers, Kubernetes, running/managing containers, container snapshots and managing images, Configured and build OpenStack Havana, Icehouse using Ansible and Shell, Python scripts.
- Knowledge in Troubleshooting skills and communication issues with CHEF servers with recipes cookbooks, databags.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience in Continuous Integration technologies like Jenkins and Bamboo. Designed and created various deployment strategies using CI/CD Jenkins pipelines .
- Experienced in working on DevOps/ Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation , Build & Release automation , Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management) and specializing in Agile , Continuous Integration(CI), Continuous Delivery(CD), Cloud, Infrastructure as Code, Infrastructure Provisioning, Orchestration, Monitoring, Alerting and Service level Dashboards.
- Maintained custom PowerShell scripts that interact with Office 365, Active Directory, SQL, and VMware.
- Experience in build and release automation of Java, Python, SOA and Web based applications.
- Good Experience in using APACHE TOMCAT, JBOSS, Weblogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments on Solaris and Linux boxes.
- Experience in setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs Jenkins and Hudson . Worked with Jenkins Pipelines .
- Worked on several build tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle, Make file, etc.
- Experience in Configuration Management, Build, Release Management using TFS , Subversion, on windows and Unix environment. Experience with JAVA and debugging skills with build issues
- Experienced in monitoring tools namely AppDynamics , Prometheus, Data dog, Zabbix, Blue Stripe, Splunk and Nagios.
- Building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code and NEXUS in Linux environment.
- Extensive experience in using Ansible for managing deployments in large number of servers.
- Written Ansible Plays and Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrading and uninstalling of various processes.
- Experience in code deployment and orchestration with tools such as Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, and automation validation using Test Kitchen, Vagrant, Ansible and TerraForm.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, TestNG, Cobertura, Clover, PMD, find bugs and check style and tracking systems like JIRA , Asana, Rally , Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Good Exposure and Experience in VMware ESX servers and Virtual Center Administration and troubleshooting server virtualization products like KVM, XEN, VMware, and Virtual Box.
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) with software development models like Agile, Scrum Model, Waterfall model.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager and JFrog Artifactory .
- Automated deployment and release distribution process with Shell, Perl and CruiseControl
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Point team player on Kubernetes for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, Creation of Pods through new application and control the scaling of pods, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs, writing/modification of Build configs, templates, Image streams etc.
- Experience using RPM s to effectively package the applications for product deployments and Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments and providing on-call and weekend support
Operating System: Windows, LINUX, UNIX, Mac, Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL), SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, Centos, Solaris, Debian
Versioning Tools: GIT, Subversion(SVN), Mercurial, Perforce, Clear case, CVS, CA Harvest and Team Foundation Server(TFS), AccuRev, Stash
Networking: GSLB, VIP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LDAP,RTP,SIP
APM tools: ELK, Tealeaf, Filebeat and Grafana
Automation Tools: Cobbler, PXE, Ansible, Salt stack, Kickstart, Chef, Puppet, fabric, cloud formation, ControlIM, BPM, etc, Ensile
Virtualization Tools: ESX, VMware, Xen, Oracle Virtual Box, Hyper-V, KVM, virsh, AHV, libvirt
Build Tools: ANT, NANT, MAVEN, Urban code, SIT, MSBuild, BazelCI/CD Tools: Jenkins, AntHill pro, Liquibase, TeamCity, Bamboo, Salt-Stack, Ansible and Hudson, Cloudbees, GitLab, Grafana
Configuration Management Tools: UCM Clear Case, Clear Quest, chef, Jacoco, puppet, Terraform
Containerization tools: Docker, kubernetes, Mesosphere
Monitoring & Testing Tools: Datadog, Nagios, Selenium, Splunk, ELK, Elasticsearch, Logstash, kibana, Wireshark, ServiceNow, JIRA, Kanban, Confluence, Autosys, RLM, CloudWatch, ITRS, RT View, Octopus
Languages: Perl, Shell, BASH, SQL, Angular, Python, Ruby, Go, JSON, DSC, Powershell, c-shell, .NET, Node.js. PowerShell, Java, Javscript, C, C++, Visual Studio
Orchestration Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudify, Mesos and DC/OS
Web servers: IIS, httpd, Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Storm, Tomcat, Nginx, JBOSS
Openstack Services: Nova, Keystone, Horizon, Cinder, Heat, Neutron
Databases: MYSQL/Aurora, MS SQL, T-SQL, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, NoSQL, Mongo DB, Redis Oracle, AWS RDS, Cassandra
Web Technologies: Java Script, AJAX, Servlets, HTML, XML, Java/J2EE
Web Sphere: 8.5 RAD, Eclipse
Other: Make, CMkae, Sonar, Bootstrap, KMS, Nova, rsynch, Baremetal, BitBucket, Veracode, AppDynamics, Packer, Data Pipeline, NodeJs, Selenium, Built Bolt, CruiseControl, Rabbit, Kafka, Kinesis, solar AMQ, dirvish, fluentd, NFS, SSD, RAID, HDFS, s3, JMeter
Confidential - Beaverton, OR
Sr. Devops & AWS Engineer
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management) and specializing in Agile, Continuous Integration(CI), Continuous Delivery(CD), Cloud, Infrastructure as Code, Infrastructure Provisioning, Orchestration, Monitoring, Alerting and Service level Dashboards.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub
- Worked closely with networking and database teams during major releases and also coordinated with the team for troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Involved in build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef cookbooks, recipes, databags with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Experience implementing Chef , including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, Berkshelf for dependency management and Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Deployed and maintained Chef role-based application servers, including Apache , Resin, Nginx and Tomcat.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), including EC2, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Redshift, Lambda, Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- AWS Lambda functions were added to import IP Address Reputation Lists (ARL) to automatically update AWS WAF IP blacklists.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure.
- Developed custom Jenkins jobs/pipelines that contained Bash shell scripts utilizing the AWS CLI to automate infrastructure provisioning
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances and used AWS Identity and Access Management ( IAM) to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery. Worked with RabbitMQ for message queuing protocols
- Daily check-ins of Python, Power shell, PL/SQL, Bash, and Ruby. DevOps Scrum Master running
- Good knowledge in software configuration management process including code compilation , deployment and packaging .
- Experience with automated build tools like Bazel to produce executable programs and libraries, and assembling deployable packages for Android, iOS and other target environments.
- Used Node.js for server-side code and Express.js as the framework. Written callback functions for the REST ful API
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, Sonarqube, Chef etc
- Getting the list of issues from the components (project, module, file etc.) with the help of Sonarqube
- Implemented powershell for Reports from Azure/Exchange/SharePoint, Office 365 management
- Headed cloud Infrastructure build & management, Active Directory, Group Policy creation and management, Advanced DNS & DHCP for IIS site development, Server and file access.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployment to the AWS cloud environments.
- Creating the file systems using Redhat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux serves.
- Cloning Oracle Applications and Databases between DEV, UAT, CAT and Production Environments.
- Troubleshoot firewall, Security groups, IP tables. Handling problem like packet loss at network level and running with apache, nginx
- Experience in configuration of NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, Send Mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management and Security Trouble Shooting skills.
- Worked on Integrating(migrating) JIRA with Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible
- Run and maintain high visibility, and high availability systems. Developed cloud hub service for remote customer support including patch management, backup strategy, vulnerability assessment, mitigation, and systems health
- Deployed code on WebSphere application servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Accumulated application and system logs into LogStash for centralized monitoring, querying and reporting.
- Support development team with deployment workflow and continuous integration using GITlab, GITlab-ci, Run deck, Docker and Salt Stack provisioning.
- Excellent knowledge in C, Go and Java programming
- Developed agile processes using Groovy, JUnit to use continuous integration tools
- Created Master-Slave configuration using existing Linux machines and EC2 instances to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm, expertise in troubleshooting build and release job failures
- Good knowledge on Software Configuration Management in waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Code Quality Analysis techniques are performed by integrating Check style, Find bugs, PMD with CI tools.
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects. Migrated various artifacts from TFS to GIT.
- Work closely with the Networks and Security Team in opening firewalls and DNS requests required for the infrastructure and applying the SSL and F5, PCI for secure application delivery.
- Implemented continuous deployment with Apache Mesos and Marathon by using Docker as a container orchestration for data center automation.
- Experience using GNU tools such as debugging tool GDB, GnuMake build tools
- Documented all the process of CICD Pipeline to make sure that all the steps are completed successfully and for feature reference of Dev teams.
- Responsible for automating deployments, configuration management and capacity management of applications using CI/CD Tools. Build out operational capabilities to support secure, scalable, Fault-tolerant and cloud based web architecture
- Experience in using bug-tracking systems like JIRA, Nagios, Bugzilla and Mantis.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployment and for hosting tools.
- Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Used AWS command line (CLI) client and management console to interact with Dependent resources and APIs
- High level troubleshooting to fix hardware and Software issues on UNIX/VMware platforms.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry, Docker Swarm.
- Deployed and configured JIIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Excellent understanding of reference models like OSI Model protocol suite (IPv4, IPv6, all supported IEEE standard protocols), TCP/IP, SIP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP TFTP, SSH)
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect.
- Good communicative , Interpersonal Skills , team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in analytical and problem solving and providing best solutions. Able to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments
Environment: Git, Ant, Maven , Rake, Hudson, Jenkins , Terraform, Chef , Ansible, Docker , JBoss , Splunk, Nagios, iCinga, EC2 , S3, RDS, EBS, Python , Cassandra Gliffy, Nginx, SVN, Maven , GnuMake, Agile/Scrum, Windows, Docker , Nginx, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, SQS, Autoscaling, LogStash, RDS, ELB , EXR, Shell Scripts, Confluence , Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential - Newyork, NY
DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Expertise on shell and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS, Azure based micro services Cloud Architecture and hands-on Engineering.
- Experienced in deploying through web application servers like Nginx, WebSphere , WebLogic, JBOSS , and Apache Tomcat Servers.
- Worked on Jenkins and Bamboo to deploy code in Staging and Production environments and managed artifacts generated by Jenkins and nexus factory.
- Setup Puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, Prod environments.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users, Mount Points, Packages.
- Maintenance of documented modules, manifests, Hiera configurations and Git repositories for Puppet Enterprise on RHEL platforms.
- Developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Openstack(Horizon), Vagrant and SimpleUI(Jenkins).
- Worked on Maven creating artifacts through source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository.
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins & GIT to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Created backup of Amazon machine Images (AMIs) of EC2 instances using Packer, and critical business data for Disaster Recovery (DR) and upgrading to new instance types for better performance.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autos calling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Working knowledge of various AWS technologies like SQS Queuing, SNS Notification, S3storage, Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, IAM (Identity and Access management), Route 53, Elastic search, Cloud front, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances using API's.
- Integrated Amazon ECR with ECS, to simplify development to production workflow.
- Configure, manage and monitor all cloud-based infrastructure using SaltStack, Fabric, Zabbix and in-house
- Created Bash scripts to automate the application deployments to Cloud Foundry application (PaaS) to various environments using GoCD
- Used Vagrant and Docker to create virtual machines and wrote Vagrant and Docker and Make files to automate entire process.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Continuous Integration, Automation and Configuration Management tools to make the Open shift cloud setup
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules
- Data Transformation Library written in C++ is used by Reporting plug-in to replace the template identifiers.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash / SHELL , zsh, PERL , Ruby, Python to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance. Deployed code and data in various sandbox instances of Demand ware as a daily process.
- Work hands-on with enterprise firewalls, security appliances, switches.
- Expertise in building Servers using Custom Jumpstart for Solaris, Kickstart for RHEL Linux, Ignite for HP-UX and have exposure to NIM for AIX.
- Experience working on several Docker hub components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Used Terraform and did "Infrastructure as code" and modifying terraform scripts as and when configuration changes happens
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python.
- Used Sonar Qube for code quality.
- Developed, maintained and executed a variety of automated test suites that executed over a certain timeframe and ultimately provided complete coverage over a wide variety of test case scenarios.
- Expertise in creation of startup and shutdown scripts, crontabs, files system maintenance and backup scripting and automation .
- Automated the deployment of Java and .Net applications with the use of Jenkins.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven , Shell and Perl scripts.
- Fluent in several software lifecycle models, including Waterfall, SDLC , and Agile.
- Experienced in the atmosphere of cross-functional team within the organization's Agile Project Life-cycle.
- Viewing the selected issues of web interface using Sonarqube.
- Coordinating with Different Project teams on Build &release planning and efforts.
- Experience in using MAVEN, Rake and ANT as build tools for building of Deployable Artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Expertise in Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plug-ins such as GIT, ANT, Ansible, EC2, Sonar, Check style, Deploy to Container, Build Pipeline etc.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
Environment: GIT, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Mesos, DC/OS, Maratho, ANT, Maven, Rake, GnuMake, Nexus, Gradle, Vagrant, AWS, Bamboo, JIRA, Nagios, Ruby, Cucumber, Websphere, Tomcat, shell, python.
Confidential - Hillsboro, OR
Build & Release Engineer /DevOps Engineer
- Designed and managed build and release cycle activities in Agile Methodologies.
- Deployed code to different environments DEV, SIT, QA, PROD.
- Helped teams move cron jobs/scheduler to Jenkins & configure jobs
- Source Code Branch maintenance, Forward & Reverse Integrate activities for code merges into Release & Project branches
- Support development team with deployment workflow and continuous integration using GITlab, GITlab-ci, Run deck, Docker and Salt Stack provisioning
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins and Subversion.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like Weblogic, Jboss & Apache Tomcat.
- Responsible for performing both Staging and Production deployments using deployment preparation and setup deployment powershell scripts and via tools which includes like Octopus
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management with Ansible
- Builder - Makefile ( GnuMake ) creation for building the application and creation of the installation package for the software using Installshield
- Troubleshooting deployment, infrastructure and start up issues on various application servers product line
- Worked in creating Jenkins CI pipelines and used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Design and Coding of PowerShell Infrastructure Automation Framework for building out full stack of a SaaS solution hosted in Azure used in microservices.
- Used Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Created and maintained continuous build and continuous integration environments in SCRUM and agile projects
- Designed and Develop Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Stash and Jira, Crucible.
- Written Teraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Deployed Chef Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Installed and configured code rules, keys of Sonar for code analysis and created of Sonar
- Develop multiple CHEF cookbooks and recipes and Roles to automate the deployment of the applications to different Prod/Perf/QA Environments and also for Auto scaling by monitoring the Load on stacks.
- Generated and Published build and deploy reports in various CI tools
- Design and Implement Cloud Orchestration Solution for Microsoft Azure and AWS EC2.
- Extensive use of Perforce for source code tracking and deployment, and RAID for bug tracking.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Managing virtual machines using VM ware, Oracle Virtual box, Docker, Vagrant.
- Integrated Splunk Enterprise with DynaTrace to monitor the performance of the application, managing Splunk Forwarder on centralized deployment server.
- Circled with partnership projects and presented the overview of the Splunk by performing proof of concept with sample logs.
- Installing and configuring SSH encryption to access securely on QNX and Red hat Linux.
- Integrated QTP kickoff scripts as Post DEV Deployment steps to return smoke test results.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Integrating Apache httpd plug-in with WebLogic Servers for URL redirections and SSL Certificates installation in Apache server.
- Configured Iplanet and OpenDJ directory Server for user authentication purpose.
- Hands on experience in MS SQL server admin activities like creating DB’s, sqi-DB, taking backups and restoring them.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle ( SDLC ) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects
- Responsible for maintaining firewalls and facilitating port numbers and taken care of Public URL configurations.
Environment: Subversion, ANT, Maven, WebLogic 11g, Remedy, LINUX, XML, WebLogic, Oracle, Shell scripts, Nexus, Planet, LDAP, Open DJ.
Confidential, Kennewick, WA
Build & Release Engineer /Linux System Administrator
- Developed build and automation scripts using Maven and ANT as build tools in Jenkins/Hudson to move from one environment to other environments
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Publishing the Release notes for all the releases using Confluence
- Created Jenkins Workflows for pre deployment process (DB execution, Environment configuration changes etc.) on both QA and preproduction Environments
- Worked with GIT and Subversion to manage source code
- Sending the Uptime and Downtime notifications to teams regarding Servers Status as a part of the Build Engineer role at the time of deploying the EAR and WAR package in JBoss Admin Console.
- Hands on experience with build tools like Gradle, Ant and Maven for writing Build. Xmls and pom. Xmls.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development QA UAT and Production
- Builds and deploys JAVA/J2EE application in JBoss using Python scripts
- Involved in setting up Rally as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the Rally bug/issue tracker
- Created complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes in JIRA
- Reported the defects in defect tracking tool JIRA with proper Priority and Severity and providing the detail description about the bug, Screenshot, and the steps to reproduce the defects in the comments. Utilize Kanban to eliminate technical debt.
- Experience in network administration, deploying and troubleshooting of DNS, LDAP, Load Balancing, SMTP, Firewall etc.
- Defined Microsoft processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers
- Integrated Maven with Subversion to manage and deploy project related tags
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic; and deploying J2EE Applications to these environments
- Installed and administered repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and Ant and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams
Environment: UNIX, Jenkins , Windows, Tomcat, Subversion, GIT , ANT, MAVEN, Jira , Python , Test Manager.
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of Centos, RHEL
- Worked on UNIX, Red hat Linux ES3.0, Linux Desktop, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.0 and AIX 5.2/5.1/4.3 and Ubuntu
- Installed VMware ESXi software which is a part of vSphere suite on bare metal and implemented several virtual hosts on top of that ESXi environment.
- Installed, configured and managed Global File System (GFS) in Linux Servers, creating and managing Cluster suite using GFS.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Used snmp plugin for Nagios, Splunk for easy and strong infrastructure services monitoring.
- Created and maintained users, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Created user accounts, security, profiles, granted rights, managed disk space and process monitoring.
- Installed packages for Ubuntu system using apt-get
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016 Servers on both physical servers and virtual machines
- Extensive experienced in installing, trouble shooting, upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 2.x,7,8, 9, 10 & 11 on Sun/Oracle servers and RHEL 4/5/6/7, HP-UX 10.x,11.x, SUSE … OS, Mail Server/ Proxy Server, and Windows Server 2016
- Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX Red Hat Linux Systems
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, user and group quota.
- Build Splunk dashboards using XML and Advanced XML as well as Created Scheduled Alerts for Application Teams for Real Time Monitoring.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Performed RPM Package Administration using RPM build and DNF repository, puppet, chef automation.
- Setup Continuous Integration by configuring Build, Code coverage, deploy and test automation Jobs in Jenkins for different applications and worked with different teams in enterprise level to resolve the errors.
- Installed, configured and managed Global File System (GFS) in Linux Servers, creating and managing Cluster suite using GFS.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring, backup, recovery and support of HP, Solaris, IBM AIX, Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x using Kick start Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Familiar with Job Schedulers like LSF, RTDA NC, SGE, Slurm
- Installation of RHEL 3.3, 3.9, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 5.2 on the IBM blades (HS20's, HS21's, Hs40's, JS23's), Xseries (3850's and 3650's),and on Dell Power Edge servers(1950,2950,2900)servers either by ISO boot or PXE boot using the kick start server.
- Scheduling incremental snapshots and full backups of MySQL database, configuring tape backup units using third party tools like VERITAS and Zmanda.
- Administration and support of Unix Servers including SUSE, Solaris, HP-UX & Red Hat Linux and CentOS.
- Configured Logical storage Manager (LSM) for root disk encapsulation and implemented root disk mirroring for fault tolerance
- Creation of VMs for SUSE, Solaris x86 and Red hat Linux on VMWare ESXi 3.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Installation and support of various applications including WebLogic 10, JBoss 4.2.x, Oracle 10g, Sun Java System Web Server 7, Tomcat, JDK 1.5, Ant.
- Experienced in working with Python, Perl, shell scripting (zsh, bash) to automate administration tasks.
- Interfaced proactively with other infrastructure support teams such as UNIX Database, Network, IT facilities, Backup, Storage, Security, and Monitoring, etc. Effectively used all forms of communication to ensure effective and timely response.
- Knowledge of file transfer protocols, Network file systems and Secure Shell Installed and configured Domain Name Service for Linux client' s servers.
- Performed upgrades system software and hardware components as required