- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Cloud/DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline), Build and Release management, Linux/Windows/macOS administration and support.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle ( SDLC ) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, & Implementing & Post - production analysis of the projects. Good understanding of the principles & best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, & Waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to support application deployments, build new systems, upgrade & patch existing ones through DevOps methodologies. Experience to Implement, Build & Deploy CI/CD pipelines, managed projects, tracked multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging & production).
- Provisioned IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines & Web, Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic & Azure Resource Manager & extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell. Created & deployed VMs on the Microsoft cloud service Azure , managed the virtual networks, Azure AD & SQL .
- Configured and administered AWS (Amazon Web services) like EC2 instances , IAM, VPC, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, EBS volumes and snapshots, AMI's , Security Groups , Elastic IP's (EIP) , Key pairs , Auto scaling, Elastic load balancing, AWS Redshift, AWS Cloud Formation and Amazon Cloud watch for different zones in development, testing and production environments.
- Managed Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation templates, Terraform templates along with Ansible to render templates
- Practical experience on converting existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform or AWS Cloud formation.
- Worked with teams on large application modernization programs, building DevOps pipeline & large cloud migration to AWS that deliver value Competence.
- Designed AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as- a-Service (IAAS), Platform-as- a-Service (PAAS) & Software-as- a-Service (SAAS).
- Experience in branching, tagging & maintaining versions across the environments, using SCM tools like GIT , Bitbucket , Subversion (SVN) , CVS . Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, & tagging.
- Worked on Open source tools like Docker Containers, Mesos clusters, performed architectural changes to move software system. Extensively used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, & deploy the application securely for build/release engineering & used Kubernetes in managing & monitoring the cluster.
- Experience in implementing big data applications using HDFS, Pig & Hive.
- Performed application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet & Chef. Created puppet manifests & modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Experience in development & configuration with software provisioning tools like Chef , Puppet . Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA . Used Chef for server provisioning & automating infrastructure & version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic & NG.
- Experienced using different log monitoring tools like Splunk , ELK (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana) for to see logs information & monitor & get the health & security notifications from nodes. Automate the installation of ELK agent (filebeat) with Ansible playbook.
- Setup, manage & deploy Vagrant-testing environment for developers using customize Vagrant-Files as per requirement. Experience with using Zabbix for network monitoring & integrated it with Oracle, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL & MYSQL to store data.
- Hands on experience scripting languages like Python , Ruby , Perl , Bash/Shell, PowerShell & configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CF Engine & Web Service.
- Good knowledge on Java based applications built on different architectures such as Spring MVC, Hibernate, Angular JS, J2EE etc.
- Experience to Install, upgrade, patch & configure RedHat Linux 4.x, 5.x , 6.x & 7 using Kickstart Server, deployed applications on Apache Webserver , Nginx & Application Servers such as Tomcat , JBoss .
- Proficient in Networking & configuring TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, NIS+, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SSL, SFTP, SMTP, SNMP . Wrote crontab for scheduling of automatic repetitive jobs, & executing shell scripts.
- Worked on automation, setup & administration of build & deploy CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, ANT, Maven, Gradle, AnthillPro & UDeploy.
- Worked with build Automation tools Atlassian products- Bamboo, JIRA, BitBucket for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR, & DLL & EXE) from source code.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu
Programming Languages: C, C++, .Net, Java, J2EE
Cloud Environments: AWS, OpenStack, Azure, Rackspace, PCF
Virtualization Platforms: Virtual Box, Vagrant, VMware
Configuration management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant
CI and Build Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, uDeploy, ANT, Maven, Gradle
Application/Web Servers: Oracle Web logic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server 10g BEA WebLogic 8.1/9.2, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS
Scripting Languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Python
Testing Tools: Selenium, Junit, SonarQube, Jacoco
Container Technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Log stash, Nagios
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, Mongo DB, MySQL
Version Controls: Subversion, Git, BitBucket
Networking: LDAP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, SSH, TCP/IP,NFS
Issue Tracking Tools: Jira, Clear Quest
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Developed a migration approach to move workloads from On-Premises to Windows Azure for Windows machines & AWS for Linux machines. Administered RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu, UNIX & Windows servers.
- Synced On-premises Windows Server Active Directory to Azure AD using Azure AD connect. Migrated SQL Server database to Windows Azure SQL Database & updated the Connections.
- Created and managed Azure AD tenants and configured applications with Azure AD. Integrated on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Managed Clusters with various Servers in Azure Cloud Resource Groups and Monitored via remotely run scripts Ambari, Azure Data Factory and Blobs.
- Deployed applications on multiple web servers, maintained Load balancing, high availability by using Azure platform. Build & automate infrastructure deployments in Azure cloud using PowerShell
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups.
- Configured AWS-EC2 Cloud Instances using AMIs and launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Creating EC2 instances in secured private subnet and deploying them in load balancing, assigning Elastic IP Addresses for EC2 instances for QA & UAT environments and GIT servers.
- Work with application developers to ensure applications interaction with AWS. Created IAM policies, Configured IAM Users/Roles/Policies to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users.
- Worked on functions in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB. This function also sends data to Amazon Cloud Watch for simple monitoring of metrics.
- Managed data warehouse using AWS RedShift to analyze data using SQL.
- Created & maintained VPC on AWS with different security levels using Security Groups, NACL’s.
- Created AWS EBS volumes for storing files with mounted AWS EC2 instances. Migrated applications from on-premises to the AWS cloud using cloud formation templates, use Interfaces Directly with S3.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage containers created by PCF .
- Architected, planned, developed & maintained Infrastructure as code using CI/CD deployments using Terraform . Wrote Terraform templates for AWS Infrastructure as a code to build staging, production environments & set up build & automations for Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS .
- Used Ansible playbooks to automate AWS features like EC2 , IAM , VPC , EBS , Cloud Watch , Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, S3 .
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python , SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes & Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python .
- Supported API development team to create Ansible Playbooks to deploy, integrate & monitor their Continuous Integration Environment, & migrated all nodes from Chef system to Ansible system
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development & deployment with Linux container technology using Docker. Virtualized the servers using the Dockers for the test & dev environments & automated using Dockers containers.
- Implemented a load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS microservices container, developed networking policies for Docker Containers, created Pods & deployed to Kubernetes.
- Involved in implementing the Micro Services based on Restful API utilizing with Spring MVC.
- Built RESTful Web service for transferring related data from JSON format between front-end and back-end.
- Developed Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources, Run lists & managed the Chef Client nodes.
- Uploaded Cookbooks to chef-server, written multiple recipes & customized facts for efficient management of the Chef clients.
- Written several Chef Cookbooks & recipes to automate the installation of Web Logic domain & JDK installations & have customized recipes from Chef Supermarket to align with current requirements.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux, created master & slave configuration, and drove all microservices builds out to the Docker registry. Build scripts using MAVEN in Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing & applying branching, labelling conventions using BitBucket source control, resolved conflicts related to merging of source code.
- Deployed LDAP for centralized authentication & developed Bash/Shell, Batch, Powershell & Ruby Scripts for automation purpose.
- Performed Startup & shutdown scripts, crontabs , file system maintenance & backup scripting & automation using shell scripting (BASH, KSH) & Perl .
- Experience in client design and validations using HTML, HTML5, CSS, Java Script, ReactJS and JSP.
- Participated in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Worked on analyzing Hadoop stack & different big data analytic tools including Pig, Hive, HBase database & Sqoop .
- Imported data from various sources, performing transformations using Pig & loaded data into HDFS & extracted data from MySQL to HDFS using Sqoop .
- Migrated IaaS, PaaS & SaaS instances between public & private clouds Apache, RDBMS, Unix/Linux, NAS/SAN, LAN/WAN VPN, Security, IDS, Firewalls & Encryption .
- Administrated the network servers DNS, NIS, NFS & application server Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Nginx , on Linux.
- Troubleshoot Linux network, security related issues, captured packets using IP tables
- Analyzed quality of the source code using SonarQube, JUnit, Selenium, Jacoco. Configured monitoring tools like AWS CloudWatch , AWS CloudTrail , Dynatrace Splunk Enterprise, SNMP for VPN connections.
- Configured Various Atlassian Tools like JIRA, Confluence, used monitoring tool JIRA & triaged the issues & maintained bugs using JIRA tool. Installed & configured ELK stack in legacy & Docker swarm mode.
Environment: RedHat Linux 7.x, AWS, Azure, Chef, Ansible, Ruby, Shell, Docker, Python, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Apache HTTP server 2.4, Nginx, JDK1.7, XML, GIT, SVN, Maven, PCF, SQL Server, Oracle, SonarQube, JUnit, Selenium, Jacoco, JIRA, Confluence.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Migrated the current RHEL Linux environment to AWS , used auto scaling feature. Worked extensively on AWS Cloud platform & its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Lambda, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, S3.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions & configure AWS IAM & Security group in Public & Private subnets in VPC.
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS (key management service) to monitor, create alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloudwatch.
- Involved in configuring S3 versioning & life cycle policies to backup & archive files in Glacier.
- Installed, Configured, supported & maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, & software in AWS EC2 & configured the storage on AWS S3 buckets.
- Worked with Red Hat RHEL.5.x/ 6.x, CentOS, Solaris & VMware ESX environment. Administered LDAP , NFS & NIS in Linux, implemented Samba for sharing resources between Linux & windows environment, involved in Remediation & patching of Unix/Linux Servers.
- Configured Apache web servers & Tomcat application containers in a Red Hat Linux/CentOS environment.
- Worked on Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN/NAS, file system configuration.
- Installed local repository & package administration using yum & rpm .
- Created modules & manifests in Puppet using Ruby , modified Puppet forge per requirement , used Puppet to install & manage Nginx packages.
- Integrated Puppet with Apache in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation, developed load tests, monitored suites in Python , and integrated puppet modules into Jenkins jobs for CI/CD framework.
- Installed & Configured Ansible Centralized Server (tower), created playbooks to support middleware application servers, configured Ansible tower to automate repetitive tasks.
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins & Sonar server to run packages, supported software components like Maven.
- Experience on Automate the Build & deploy of all internal PHP, Python, Java applications of bank to lower environments by using Ansible.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in WebLogic using python & shell script s, automated using Jenkins , & Set up Upstream & Downstream Jobs in Jenkins using pipelines & Hudson.
- Built & Deployed .Net & Java/J2EE applications to a web application server in an agile continuous integration environment using Jenkins & automated the whole process.
- Developed builds using MAVEN & Gradle , used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other, integrated Maven with GIT to manage & deploy project related tag.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables clients to utilize both GIT & SVN & implemented JIRA to track all issues pertaining to the software development lifecycle & Integrated JIRA with repositories such as Subversion & GIT to track all code changes.
- Managed Linux VMs & developed automation scripts in Python using puppet , worked on modules, manifests & roles on Puppet .
- Wrote YAML templates for cloud formation & Ruby scripts for puppet automation.
- Installed & Managed Monitoring Tools Splunk, Nagios for Resource Network & Log Trace.
- Configured relational & non-relational databases like Cassandra, MongoDB . Implemented service layer on top of Cassandra using Restful API .
Environment: RHEL 6.x, Solaris & Windows, AWS, GIT, Puppet, Hierra, Bash, Python, Apache2, Nagios, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Ansible, JIRA, Ruby, Splunk, Gradle, shell.
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Set up Linux servers for LAMP implementations, Worked on RHEL 5/6, Solaris 8, 9 & 10 Operating Systems. Configured kickstart server & updating/applying patches to the servers using RedHat Satellite server.
- Built & Installed Schedules using Unix Cron jobs, Created logical volumes using Logical volume Manager (LVM) & Veritas Volume Manager.
- Created, modified, maintained Maven build scripts developed in shell.
- Developed build & deployment scripts using ANT & Gradle, automated builds using Jenkins to move from one to other environments.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline.
- Configured Jenkins as a common CI engine to build and promote applications to DEV , QA and STAGING to Linux environments.
- Worked on Hudson for continuous integration End to End automation for builds & deployments, Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, & functional tests, run by Hudson in the builds triggered by each GIT Push.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins, scheduled jobs using POLL SCM option & integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, & tagging. Performed releases with Maven release plugin & authorized POM.xml files.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experienced in writing puppet manifests to automate configuration of a board range of services.
- Building Puppet enterprise modules using puppet DSL to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration management to existing infrastructure by deploying Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet Data base (DB).
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Worked with Hiera (YAML & JSON) to define site specific information, created & deployed manifests & re-usable modules.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation from web servers. Built & deployed J2EE application in JBoss in an agile continuous integration environment using Python scripts.
- Used JIRA to detect, organize & giving priorities to the issues & used it for assigning permissions to users & groups for the projects.
- Implemented monitoring solution for mission critical servers using Nagios, Splunk & AutoSys. C onfigured Splunk for log monitoring, forwarded system stats to Splunk indexer, created dashboards & alerts using this data. C onfigured Nagios for continuous monitoring, enabled notifications via emails & text messages.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, Python, Java, JBoss, Puppet, Nagios, AutoSys, Splunk, Jenkins, Ruby, GIT, BitBucket, Veritas, SVN, Ant, Bash, JIRA.
Sr. Linux Administrator
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers & resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis. Troubleshoot Backup & Restore problems Creation of LVM s using Linux utilities.
- Install, maintain & regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation, worked for Redhat Satellite Server with custom repositories, provided a stable management solution for the Linux environment, Implemented multiple Virtualization Infrastructures on VMware Hypervisor.
- Expertise in Linux backup/restore with tar, gunzip , including disk partitioning & formatting. Configured Hardware & Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Responsible for configuring & managing Squid server in Linux. Deployed the Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
- Managed systems backup, scheduling jobs, enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging & network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Kernel tuning, Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance & file management.
- Experience in monitoring the availability & performance of RHEL Servers through tools like vmstat, netstat, iostat, prstat, top, SAR. Configured & Administering NFS & NIS on Sun Solaris server environment.
- Build Yum & RPM repository Server for Development team to upload packages, Written Linux Shell scripts for monitoring & clean up old files.
- Installed & configured Oracle 7.x/8.x, Solaris & Linux servers using JUMPSTART & KICKSTART installation & periodic Patch Upgrading using Live upgrade
- Worked on LAN/WAN , firewalls, & routing for Internet & Intranet connectivity using different protocols like TCP/IP , DHCP , HTTP/s , FTP , SMTP & SSH . Configured Login management centrally using OPEN LDAP .
- Utilized monitoring tools Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Log Trace Monitoring.
- Configured servers to send server & application data to Splunk, generated reports using Splunk. Managed & monitored the server & network infrastructure using Nagios & Splunk
Environment: Linux, Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/XP/2003, TCP/IP, SVN, .Net, Java, SQL, Oracle, WebLogic, Subversion, Splunk, Nagios.
- Installed, Configured & Administered of RHEL , Centos, Ubuntu & Windows . Responsible for virtualization using VMware ESX server 3.5, 4.0 VMware workstation virtualization suite.
- Created & maintained user accounts, profiles, security rights, disk space & process monitoring.
- Setup & troubleshoot software & hardware raid configurations using RAID 0, 1, 5 on LINUX .
- Worked with DBA team for database performance & network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Written & modified scripts using both Bash, SSH for day-to- day administration.
- Created of Logical volumes (LVM) for Linux operating systems. Installed & configured Disk & file system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for LINUX systems.
- Troubleshoot hardware & replacement of failed components running on Linux environment, Performance tuning activities like allocation & monitoring of disk space using Disk Quota system.
- Utilized ssh-keygen within DSA encryption to make a connection without a password from a remote Linux cloud server to a local machine, Configured backup of web servers, Setup Clustering for Linux servers.
- Installed & configured Apache Web server , setup HTTP based Installation server for Kickstart . Administered using tools like SSH, Telnet & Rlogin, performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP & active directory. Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
- Installed, configured SAMBA server for Windows & Linux connectivity . Maintained Samba File Server for user authentication, syslog domain, & file sharing.
Environment: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, RIP, FTP, TFTP, HTTP, Terminal Services, SNMP, LVM, SMTP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/XP/2003, Linux, Apache Web Server.