- Around 8 years of experience in IT industry with SCM, Build/Release Management CI/CD & AWS DevOps operations Production in cross platform environments.
- Expertise in implementing DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Jenkins, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Maven, and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet & Ansible. Had set up staging and production environments for CI workflow.
- Extensively managed Network ACL's, EC2 and Security Groups in migrating physical servers to Cloud (AWS).
- Proficient with Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Power Shell, JSON, YAML, Groovy scripting languages.
- Designed and implemented solutions with AWS IAM, VPC, EC2, ECS, EBS, RDS, S3, Lambda, ELB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, SQS, and SNS etc.
- Experience in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure using automation frameworks such as CloudFormation, Terraform, and OpsWorks.
- Automated AMI's creation through pre - boot and bootstrapping instances using Shell and Python scripts.
- Devops role converting existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture(AWS Lambda, Kinesis)deployed via terraform or AWS Cloud formation.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP(Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and creating reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Developed Ansible scripts in YAML for an automated server provisioning and Docker images, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers and building/maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes and managed Kubernetes charts using Helm packages.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Bitbucket, Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration(CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments on JAVA and J2EE based applications.
- Experienced in creating jobs, pipelines in Jenkins also worked with different Jenkins plugins to integrate with GIT, Build Tools, Chef, Ansible for continuous deployments and Docker for containerization.
- Extensively worked on Artifactory and Nexus Repository Managers to deploy software built through Jenkins Build Jobs.
- Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks to automate the given process and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications.
- Expertise in developing of Chef recipes through Knife command-line tool through Ruby scripts to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration on Chef Server to initiate Chef Nodes.
- Experienced in developing puppet modules (blue prints) for installation, configuration and continuous integration (CI) using combination of puppet master, GIT, Openstack, Vagrant and Jenkins.
- Continuous Delivery setups with Puppet by creating manifest and maintain templates for different environments. Migration of shell scripts into Puppet Manifests.
- Created plan and deploy Nagios monitoring server environment and manage Nagios high availability.
- Experienced in Virtualization technologies like VMware, Oracle VM VirtualBox.
- Experienced in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- System health & performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation, including visualization tools such as graphite, New Relic, Nagios/Icinga, datadog etc.
- Proficient in Writing scripts to automate simple tasks Python, Ruby, bash.
- Experience in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Ubuntu (RHEL) Red Hat Linux and CentOS servers.
- Extensive working experience in agile environment and have a Full understanding of SDLC and process.
- Handled all application and server configuration releases.
- ELK(Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana) stack used for collecting, storing, indexing and monitoring of log files for later use.
- Experienced is using Tomcat, JBoss application servers for deployments.
- Day-Day application support on production and technical documentation for critical production issues, on call pager support 24/7 environment.
Operating Systems: RHEL 4/5/6, Centos, Ubuntu, Solaris, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012.
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat,WebLogic,Websphere,JBOSS.
Build Tools: Maven,MS Build,ANT and Gradle.
Verion Control: GIT,GitHub,SVN,BitBucket.
Configuration Management: Chef,Puppet,Ansible and Terraform.
Databases: Oracle,SQL Server,MySQL ans NoSQL(Cassandra and MongoDB),AWS RDS,PostgreSQL.
Virtualization Tools: VM Virtual Box,VMware workstation,Oracle Virtual Box,Vagrant.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, OpenStack.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios,Splunk,ELK,New Relic,CloudWatch,CloudTrial.
Networking Protocol: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS,UDP,FTP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, SFTP, SSL, ARP, Cisco Routers/Switches, LAN,WAN,TELNET, LOAD BALANCING, VPN, FIREWALL,SUBNETS.
Scripting: Bash/Shell scripting,PowerShell,Ruby,Python.
Bug Tracking tools: Jira,Remedy,IBM clear quest..
Notification tools: AWS SNS,SES,PagerDuty
Web/ App Servers: Nginx, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Apache HTTP Server, WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Web-logic, IBM Web-sphere, IIS.
Cloud Infrastructure: AWS (CloudFormation, Cloud Watch, Code Build, Code Commit, Code Deploy, CodePipeline, EC2, EC2 Container Service, EBS, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, Security Groups, OpsWorks, Route 53, S3, CloudFront, Glacier, SQS, SNS, VPCs, DynamoDB, ElasticCache, Lambda.
Logging Tools: ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
SCM Tools: GitHub, Subversion, TFS, Perforce.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins,Hudson, Bamboo, AnthillPro.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Open Stack.
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Junit, NUnit.
Project Management Tools: Atlassian Tools, Base Camp, MS Project, MS Share point.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall.
Repositories: GitHub,Nexus and Artifactory.
Sr. AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked on multiple DevOps and Cloud tools. Coordinating with implementation team, to build and engineer services for Linux and Windows OS on cloud (AWS) platforms. Provisioned Instances, Storages & monitoring Services and CI/CD pipeline through Jenkins.
- Worked with automation of OS builds and application installations through Chef, Nagios for application and hardware resource monitoring, worked with plug-ins in Nagios for monitoring resources.
- Managed AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. Working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation of Chef . Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- Handled migration of on-premises applications to the cloud and created resources in the cloud to enable this. Used all critical AWS tools used ELB and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity, and availability.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (Including EC2, S3, AMI, Route53, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Auto-Scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Launched and configured of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), NACL, and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS and Aurora DB clusters.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Created function in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB and S3.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python and Ruby on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, AutoScaling, Security Groups and NACL's.
- Created scripts in Python, which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (elastic search, log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform.
- Expertise in Using Elastic search as an open source search engine with REST API building servers.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process.
- Configured GIT, build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from SCM repos containing Terraform code.
- Move development application from Docker containers and deploy into production Cloud Foundry environment.
- Used Jenkins 2.0 and pipelines, which helped us, drive all Micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef and also created and managed Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining Chef Server from workstation to manage and configure Chef Nodes.
- Implemented environments, roles, and data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Implemented CI process for Chef Cookbooks development workflow with help of Test Kitchen, Foodcrtitic, Robocop and Chef Spec.
- Implemented behavior-driven tests for Chef-managed infrastructures using Cucumber. Built automated deployment systems in Go and Node.js
- Used Ansible for deployment configuration automation on production servers.
- Created Ansible playbooks, which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation defined through tasks using YAML format and Run Ansible Scripts to depending on provision to servers
- Created Custom Ansible modules for finding facts about Cloud watch alarms and taking actions to pause/ unpause those alarms during deployments.
- Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Ansible and Mesos, which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Experienced with NOSQL databases Cassandra and Mongo DB.
- Installed and administered the various virtualization components like vCenter, vSphere.
- Worked closely with teams in order to ensure high quality, timely delivery of builds & releases.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for architecting, designing, implementing and supporting of cloud based infrastructure and its solutions.
- Configured web servers ( IIS, nginx ) to enable caching, CDN application servers, and load balancers.
- Deployed and supported Mem cache - AWS ElasticCache .
- Involved in maintenance and performance of Amazon EC2 instances.
- Established efficient processes and scripts for change management with the aid of Chef .
- Implemented domain name service ( DNS ) through route 53 to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using Cloud Watch service.
- Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use with EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them.
- Diagnose issues with Java applications running in Tomcat or JBoss .
- Created and maintained Jenkins jobs that execute shell script.
- Use of Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build new Docker container from it.
- Involved in designing and developing Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB , Amazon RDS , Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon SQS , and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented Security groups for Inbound/Outbound access.
- Creating and managing Development and Continuous Integration Environments using VMWare ESX, automated through Jenkins using PXE boot, Perl and the VMWare CLI.
- Worked on Version controller like GIT and integration tools: Jenkins. Proficient in using all Amazon Web Services including EC2, EBS, EIP, ENI, ELB.
- Implemented PowerShell scripts that automated creation of contacts from Active Directory users and updating of address books -increasing productivity and efficiency
- Created users and groups using IAM and assigned individual policies to each group.
- Created SNS notifications and assigned ARN to S3 for object loss notifications.
- Created load balancers (ELB) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server. Managed Amazon EC2 instances with the help of chef.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Management of Unix/Linux patching execution for approximately 27,000 Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX servers.
- Configured Security group for EC2 Window and Linux instances and for puppet master and puppet agents.
- Support JIRA Project Administration involving custom, complex projects, workflows, security schemes, custom fields etc.
- Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups.
- Setup specific IAM profiles per group utilizing newly released APIs for controlling resources within AWS based on group or user.
- AWS data backup ( snapshot , AMI creation) techniques, along with data-at-rest security within AWS.
DevOps/ Build and release engineer
- Identify new tools/technologies that will make the release and SCM process more efficient, repeatable, reliable and cost effective, managing all aspects of software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging/release methodology, and application configurations
- Responsible for maintenance and administration of software including configure /customize new and existing software products, new features, creating and maintaining software packages.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration system with SVN version control repository and continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agents, SSH, Amazon EC2.
- Created Jobs in Jenkins and set up global permission and scheduling jobs in Pole SCM.
- Coordinated build activities to ensure each system is documented - including all hardware components, OS versions and application software versions.
- Design and scripting using ANT &MAVEN for (J2EE,Web services, Reusable JARS, Web Client and open source) in creating MasterBuild.xml, Build, Properties & Pom.xml files and provided technical support to development team for compilation problems.
- Managed and maintained operating systems on servers (Web Servers, Database servers &Mail servers) and networking devices. Having experience of working in extensive process oriented environment.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN and CVS servers which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository /branches, merging, Writing hooks scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Wrote scripts to send mail alerts when website is down, when 90% of disk space is used in VM’s.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, SVN, and Perforce.
- Ensured proper version control, revision labels and baseline management procedures as part of the release process.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories between various version control systems like SVN to GIT, SVN to P4V.
- Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- Deployed applications into PROD and pre-prod environments with various Application server technologies like WebLogic, JBoss &Apache Tomcat.
- Automated web server content deployment via shell scripts.
- Maintained over 100 jobs in Jenkins from 10 different application teams for over 4-5 releases in parallel.
- Helped teams move cronjobs/scheduler to Jenkins & configure jobs.
- Meeting the release milestones, attending weekly release meetings.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories and managed SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using technologies like Puppet, Ansible.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to the existing infrastructure.
- Used puppet to automate Configuration management and to manage Web applications, Config Files, Database, Commands, Users Mount points, Packages.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity and code conflict resolution.
- Involved in writing parent pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
Linux/ UNIX Administrator
- Installation and administration of RHEL and CentOS.
- Remote system administration using SSH and FTP.
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Monitoring and log management on UNIX, Linux, and Windows servers, including processes, crash and swap management, and performance tuning
- Updating YUM Repository and Redhat Package Manager (RPM).
- Maintained/configured virtual servers using VMware ESX 4.1, HyperV, Vsphere.
- Performed Job scheduling using crontab utility.
- Maintained and monitored all of company's servers' operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on day-to-day basis.
- User administration on RHEL systems, HP-UX machines, management & archiving.
- Installations of HP Open view, monitoring tool, in more than 300 servers. Attended calls related to customer queries and complaints, offered solutions to them.
- Creation of VMs, cloning and migrations of the VMs on VMware vSphere 4.0.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issue on Linux/Unix Servers and with vendors for hardware related issues.
- Expanded file system using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) Solaris Volume Manager (SVM)
- Managed and upgraded UNIX's server services such as Bind DNS.
- Configuration and administration of Web (Apache), DHCP and FTP Servers in Linux and Solaris servers. Supported the backup environments running VERITAS Net Backup 6.5.
- Handling problems or requirements as per the ticket (Request Tracker) created.
- Implemented System policies and hardware profiles, hard disk configuration for fault tolerance, disk mirroring and back up the data using BACKUP devices.
- Participated in on-call rotation to provide 24X7 technical supports.
- Configuration and troubleshooting - LAN and TCP/IP issues.
- Managed shared NFS files system, mounting and unmounting NFS server, NFS client on remote machine, sharing remote file folder, starting and stopping the NFS services.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment. Documented changes applied.
- Environment: LAN, TCP/IP, NFS, LVM, SVM, DHCP, SSH.
- Using bash shell scripting to schedule and automate processes including full and incremental backups using tar, crontab, ufsdump and snapshots.
- Log file Provide a weekly project report that includes testing metrics and status report was managed for troubleshooting and probable errors.
- Experience in backup and restore operate
- Performed disk management by checking for any RAID issues with running df, du and fsck commands
- Set up and maintained DNS servers.
- Worked on multi Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager (LVM) Fine tuning of Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.