- With 7 years of experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances in the areas of Data Center Operations, Systems Administration, Cloud computing, Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- ExpertiseinAmazonAWSCloudAdministrationwhichincludesserviceslike: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route53, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Administration various environments in software development lifecycle (SDLC) Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux and Cent OS. Experience supporting Chef Environment with multi servers and involved in developing manifests
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMWare) as well as traditional managed hosted environments.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Team City for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Good understanding of other software development methodologies like Traditional (Waterfall) RUP, SDLC, ALM, ITIL and other best practices.
- Extensive Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Hudson, BuildForge, Urbancode, Bamboo, Teamcity) for Deployment purpose.
- Installed, configured and administered Continuous Integration tools such as Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Automated deployment operations using various tools in DevOps, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure using Jenkins, Maven, Dockers, AWS, GIT, Linux etc.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems SVN (Subversion), GIT and TFS.
- Extensive experience with Git in a team environment on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Expertise in writing complex cookbooks, recipes and configure them by applying node convergence on various production nodes.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fasten the build/release engineering.
- Expertise in Large scale, high performance enterprise application deployment and Solution architecting on complex heterogeneous environments on AWS
- Experience in security maintenance, monitoring and logging systems on AWS.
- Expertise in building scalable, high performance systems that support entire pre - production lifecycle.
- Build servers using AWS including importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Version Tools: Clear Case, SVN, GIT, Perforce, TFS
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
Web technologies: HTML, XML, JAVA Script
CM Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Languages: C, C++, Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Java
Database: MySQL, IBM DB2
Operating Systems: Windows server 2000/2003/2007/2008/ XP, LINUX (RHEL 4/5/6/7), UNIX (11.0,11.11,11.23), Cent OS
Web Server: Apache, Node JS, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Microsoft Azure, Docker
Confidential, Timonium, MD
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes. And AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Nix as a web server.
- Experience with Build Management tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and Pom.xmls.
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Extensive usage of Tortoise SVN in windows environment for version control activities.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Deployed the java application into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs.
- And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Shell, Ruby, PHP and Python.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, IAM, S3, cloud watch, Nix, ANT, Maven, Tortoise SVN, GitHub, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Java, Agile, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Junit, Cucumber, JSON, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby.
Confidential, Golden Valley, MN
- Experienced in implementing validation and verification practices in an UNIX test environment.
- Application of automations tools like chef, puppet, Splunk, DevOps based on the requirements.
- Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release
- Installed, configured and Managed Build Forge Continuous Integration tool.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Performed UNIX system software installations, system software maintenance and product upgrades.
- Work with developers to analyze dependency of all Java applications and create Maven build scripts for them accordingly.
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system.
- Also Worked with continuous delivery framework application with help of Jenkins (Continuous integration and Deployment), Puppet.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems Git and SVN.
- Configured various software and hardware for UNIX initiatives support.
- Worked with Docker and hands on experience with container based deployments on Docker and configuration management tools.
- Developed Python, Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process and also automate deployment and release distribution process with shell, and Perl etc.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and also ANT as a build tool.
- Posting the build time & following it up the testing team on posted builds until specified release goes LIVE.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Used chef to configure/install web servers, database servers etc and Involving in installing chefnode, workstation and server
Environment: Chef, Puppet, Ant and Maven build tools, Python, Perl and Shell Scripts, Jira Ticketing tool, Nagios, Docker, Git and SVN, Jenkins, Splunk, Unix, RDBMS, XML/JSON, SciPY, NumPy, Linux.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Worked in migrating code from SVN to Git repo (stash), clean the git repo (purging files).
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories.
- Working with Power Shell to automate daily routine tasks in the organization.
- Monitor different logs, Space usage, Events, Agent Job history by PowerShell scripts.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven in Linux environment.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Worked extensive with MAVEN build tools for writing build.xml and pom.xml files respectively.
- Written Cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef.
- Responsible on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for creating and managing EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elastic Search.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Applied knowledge of DNS. Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, SSH, HTTP and experienced in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Chef, Vagrant, Scrum, Subversion (SVN), ANT, UDeploy, DB2, JIRA, Confluence, Shell Scripts, WebSphere Server.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Build-Release Engineer/ DevOpsEngineer
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Ant.
- Helped developers to resolve subversion code merging issues.
- Supported daily and weekly routines of pushing good builds based on test results.
- Wrote shell scripts and automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as part of release process.
- Participating in “Release Readiness Review” status meeting (Go/No-go Process).
- Gained good knowledge on Linux Administration.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans.
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business
- Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Tweaked and managed the builds by editing build.xml for change in the requirements.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Deployed the archives to Weblogic Application Servers.
Environment: Subversion, Ant, Jenkins, NEXUS, Install Shield, Shell, Perl, Weblogic Servers.
Confidential, Somer set, NJLinux Systm Administrator/ DevOps Consultant
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat web server.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and also debugging Scripts.
- Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages and patches as per requirement.
- Maintaining the Linux Firewall for network and implement to the network security.
- Troubleshooting the network with the help of net stat, ping, nslookup and trace route tools.
- Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs) UNIX based shell.
- Experience installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption in order to access securely on Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck.
- Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.
- Regularly manage backup process for server and client data.
- Installing open source application, search, analyze and develop new application for users.
Environment: WINDOWS, Oracle Virtual box, VMware, SSH, RHEL, SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla