- Over 7 years of experience in IT industry and experience working in Designing & Architecting solutions on public Cloud on AWS platform.
- Experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations .
- Highly experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances , virtual private cloud ( VPCs ), and security groups.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS , storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Helped customers deploying their applications in AWS cloud using Opsworks , Codedeploy , Elastic beanstalk , trouble shooting customer's cloud formation stacks.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS systems using BIND , Route53 ( AWS ), Powering .
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware , Vagrant .
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet supporting Chef Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage the systems configuration.
- Experienced in understanding principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes , which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations .
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Production issues.
- Expertise in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Experience in Python Scripting in various projects for automating tasks.
- Experienced in working with continuous integration technologies Hudson and Jenkins . Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT , Subversion ( SVN ) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like make file.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (kasha, Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Expertise in UNIX performance monitoring and kernel tuning and Load balancing to ensure stable performance.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT , Maven , Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like make file.
- Experience in WebLogic Administration , Configuring and Monitoring the domain, deploying applications, Clustering , Web server Configuration index / Test / Production of both in Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience in Configuring the JMS Server on Weblogic Server instances, implementing and maintain the JDBC and Database connectivity.
- Experience in performance tuning at WebLogic domain level and OS level , performance tuned WebLogic heap, threads, JDBC and JMS subsystems.
- Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance by WebLogic Heap Size , garbage collection , JDBC Pools and taking Thread dumps and analyzing to find the problems in application.
- Good understanding of mapping the requirements, custom designing solutions & troubleshooting for complex software & application problems.
- An effective communicator with exceptional relationship management & analytical skills and problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Ensuring that all the requests (E - mail/instant messaging and ticketing tool ) are addressed within SLA .
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, RHEL and Solaris.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra DB, Dynamo DB.
Devops: Chef, Puppet, AWS, VMware, Google Cloud.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven.
Scripting Languages: Bash, Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python.
Version Controllers: Perforce, Subversion, GIT, PVCS Version Manager, IBM Clear Case.
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker.
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, AntHill Pro, Teamcity, Bamboo.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios.
Change Management: App dynamic, Service Now, PVCS Tracker.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, HTTP Server, Nginix, WebLogic, WebLogic, JBoss.
Bug Reporting Tools: SDM12, Bugzilla, JIRA and Rational Clear Quest.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
AWS/ Devops Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Used IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Architect and support AWS Private Cloud implementation.
- Support and configured all cloud services including AWS Direct Connect to On-Premise datacenter
- AWS Integration with internal DNS
- Configure AWS Virtual Private Cloud to support application development and production.
- Handling the deployment activities efficiently using Shell Scripting by keeping the environments updated with the latest code.
- Architect and design AWS Private Cloud Subnets, Security Groups, Network Access Controls, configure AWS Elastic Load Balancing for application high availability and performance
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Automated the Applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios
- Reduced build + deployment times by designing and implementing Docker workflow.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Branching, Creating LABELS, merging of codes on GIT for QA testing and release.
- Comfortable and flexible with installing, updating and configuring various flavors of UNIX and Windows
- Documented all build and release process related items. Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
- Extensively used Node.js tools like Gulp, Grunt, Web pack; Developed internal CLI applications using Commander Module for application build.
- Conducting analysis on ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins
- Worked on the cloud-based diagramming software called Gliffy for creating different types of design documents required for the continuous integration process
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation tooling (AWS cloud formation, EBS)
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat, Oracle web logic sever .
- Implemented Puppet modules to Install, configure and maintain web servers like Apache Web Server, Nginx.
- Tested all application controllers extensively with mocha/chai and AngularJs built-in testing facilities.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds
- Wrote Puppet modules for installing and managing Java versions and managing persistent SSH tunnels .
- Developed Puppet Manifests using ruby for provisioning applications and scripts.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Development of SPLUNK Queries to generate the Report.
Environment: EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, SNS, EBS, Route 53, ELB, Amazon Machine image, Elastic Bean Stack, Python (boto), Shell scripting, Linux, MySQL, Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Puppet, GIT, App Dynamics, Rundeck, Spulnk, Dockers, Rack Space.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Manage amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Migrated from SVN to Gitlab Server and internal to gitlab servers.
- Developed and implemented automated builds leveraging Maven, NPM, Grunt, and Gulp .
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Established behavior-driven development test suites using Mocha and Chai to prevent regressions and foster high-quality code.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, & defect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Involved in DevOps processes for build and deploy systems.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Grasp the Technical aspects from High level to create Deployment plans, Contingency Plans and which direction to go if they hit a snag.
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Linux, Ansible, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
AWS/ Devops Engineer
- Good experience in Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) environment and good knowledge of AWS services like Elastic Compute Cloud( EC2 ), Elastic Load-balancers , S3 , Elastic Beanstalk , Cloud-Front , RDS, Route53, Cloud-Watch, Cloud-Formation, IAM.
- Initiating Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services ( Linux / Ubuntu ) and managing and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Created detailed AWS Security Groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Managing Multiple AWS instances, assigning the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs .
- Auto scaling the instances to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly reliable systems.
- Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC ) with networking of subnets containing servers.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS .
- Setting Cloud Watch alerts for instances and utilizing in Auto-scaling launch configurations for better performance.
- Developed and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and management console.
- Included security groups , network ACLs , Internet Gateways , and Elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Created elastic load-balancers ( ELB ) for different applications to provide high performance of applications.
- Heavy Shell, Perl, Python, and JSON scripting.
- Utilized Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and assign public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's.
- Used Amazon RDS which includes automatic failover and high availability at the database layer for MySQL workloads.
- Good experience with Dynamo DB and RedShift .
- Migrated test and use cases for applications to AWS cloud with public and private IP ranges to accelerate development productivity by decreasing test-run times.
- Used Amazon IAM service to grant permission to assigned users and manage their roles.
- Utilized Cloud Front to transfer data from edge locations to users, thus enabling more decrement of load on front-end servers.
- Created auto - scaling groups based on memory and CPU usage to handle excessive or underuse workload without needing manual interference.
- Deployed and managed a private puppet infrastructure in AWS to deploy applications.
- Developed JUnit Mocha Test Cases for Unit Testing.
- Developed and maintained puppet modules required for deploying different applications on EC2 instances.
- Experience involved in the DevOps support team to debug architectural failures and ensuring high availability applications with desired performance.
- Worked on call with support to communicate to site and service outage alerts 24/7.
- Conducted trainings for a group of employees about infrastructure management using AWS services.
Environment: Elastic Compute Cloud(EC2), Elastic Load-balancers, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud-Front, RDS, Route53, Cloud-Watch, Cloud-Formation, IAM, MySQL, VPC, Auto-scaling.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management ( IAM ).
- Managed hardware, software, and networking for a large scale cluster on Amazon EC2 .
- Used security groups, IAM roles, scaling groups , load balancers , Monitored EC2 instances with Cloud watch .
- Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up on daily basis.
- Monitoring Live Traffic , logs , Memory utilization , Disk utilization and various other factors, which are important for deployment.
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances . Design user's credentials and profiles using AWS IAM .
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Automated system deployment, monitoring, alarming and scaling in the Cloud.
- Created, deleted and managed user accounts used to interact with AWS and setup their ACLs with Amazon IAM .
- Decent knowledge on Dynamo DB and Amazon EMR .
- Manage network security using Load balancer , Auto - scaling , Security groups and NACLs .
- Creating NAT and Proxy instances in AWS and manage route tables, EIP's and NACLs .
- Used DNS management in Route53 , Amazon S3 to backup database instances to save snapshots of data.
- Created periodic EBS snapshots and rebuilt new EBS volumes from these snapshots to migrate applications.
- Used AWS command line client and management console to interact with AWS resources and APIs , Amazon RDS Multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier for MySQL workloads.
- Maintained existing and also helped creating new Users and tenants using Amazon IAM's .
- Manage Network allocation in VPC to create new public networks.
- Coordinate with other departments to setup health checks and monitors for high availability of cloud services.
- Defined security group rules for control plane services to secure the control plane network.
Environment: S3, EC2, RDS, IAM, Dynamo DB, Elastic Search, VPC, EBS, Route 53, EMR, ELB, MySQL, Linux .
- Installed, configured and Administrated of all UNIX / LINUX servers, includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat (5/6), CenOS 5/6 , Ubuntu operating systems.
- Developed Cookbooks , Recipes , Resources and Run lists using chef and Ruby.
- Responsible for managing the Chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef - server from Workstation .
- Used Agile/scrum Environment and used Jenkins, GitHub for Continuous Integration and Deployment .
- Used pearl, Python and Ruby as scripting language to automate the tasks.
- Used chef to configure/install web servers, database servers etc.
- Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes .
- Creating and modifying the manifest as per the requirement on puppet.
- Configured and Administered Apache, VSFTPD services, MYSQL and Tomcat.
- Participating in 24x7 production on-call support of Linux and provided technical support to users.
- Configured various alerts, captured support logs and configured resource pools utilizing Cisco UCS Manager.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Redhat Linux using kickstart .
- Expertise in security hardening ( iptables / selinux ) major Production Servers, and compiling, building and installing web server based Linux tools.
- Experience in performing, uploading and upgrading new firmware on the Interconnects and Chassis .
- Implement and maintain internal systems key to DevOps operations such as database servers , continuous integration, and QA/Test servers.
- Expertise in creating VM Templates, cloning and managing Snapshots.
- Troubleshooting performance or configuration issues with MySQL and Oracle .
- Expertise in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling , Building and installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Monitoring and troubleshoot backups and schedule Cron jobs .
- Experience in scripting using BASH & PERL, Mail Server, Samba Server, Apache Server.
- Worked on configuring NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, FTP, FSTP, Telnet and RAID levels.
- Experience in database replication using OCFS2 file system with oracle 10g and 11g database.
- Experience in deploying several sets of Linux guest builds from VMware templates using PowerCLIas well as Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Resolving assigned remedy tickets and remedy tools in Development/QA/Staging/Production.
- Patch management of servers and maintaining server's environment in Development/ QA staging/ Production.
Environment: RHEL 4.x/5/6, Solaris 9, 10&11, HPUX, Centos, SUSE 10, 11, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/ 4.x, VERITAS Storage Foundation 5, Redhat Cluster, VERITAS Cluster Server 4.1, Tripwire, NFS, DNS, SAN/NAS, Puppet, Chef, Splunk
Jr. Linux Engineer
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID , multipath , file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application .
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages .
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL, Tomcat .
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.