- Team oriented Devops & Cloud engineer with around 8 years of experience in IT Industry with ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process, AWS, DevOps and Build/Release management.
- Experience in working with AWS Cloud platform consisting of IAM, EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, AWS Config, CloudFront.
- Built servers in AWS by importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto - scaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection.
- Ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Worked on IAM service by creating users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Implemented Amazon EC2 by setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups and by automating the process of launching and stopping/terminating EC2 instances on AWS with BOTO.
- Used ELK to debug production issues and log the AWS S3 storage that stores the sites traffic activity. Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage.
- Worked with Amazon RedShift (data warehouse) to analyze data using standard SQL & Expertise in Debugging and Identified fixes at various levels of AWS Redshift and Teradata database
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and cr eated Infrastructure in a Coded manner (Infrastructure as Code) using Terraform.
- Experience in using Horizon and Openstack CLI to interact with Openstack Services like Nova, Neutron and Keystone.
- Integrated various tools like Jenkins, Git, Jira, Nexus, Puppet/Chef, Maven and testing frameworks Junit. Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Utilized Swarm and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Worked on writing Ansible playbooks for installing tools and deployment. Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Experience in setting up Chef Workstati on various enterprise nodes, setting up keys and working with chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, chef Templates.
- Implemented Puppet server and client architecture, defined Puppet master and agent to automate node configuration.
- Developed Puppet manifests to automate provisioning of servers, and to install and configure software.
- Worked on source control tools like GIT, perforce on UNIX & Windows Environments. Migrated subversion repositories to GIT and integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like Subversion and Git.
- Experience in working with ANT Scripts, MAVEN for deployment and running test suites for various firm wide applications
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Continuous Integration with tools like Jenkins /Hudson, gradle and responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate job scheduling.
- Experience of database technology such SQL, PLSQL, and MySQL including NoSQL databases.
- Installed, configured and managed monitoring tools such as Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Used Ticketing tool JIRA to track defects and changes for change management, monitoring tools like New Relic and CloudWatch in different work environments in real and container workspace.
- Broad experience in Bash, Perl, Python scripting on Linux. Strong knowledge on Linux internals.
- Expertise in Installation, Support, Configuration, Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) 5.x, 6.x, SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 10, 11, SOLARIS 9, 10 and UBUNTU 10, 12, & 14 LTS, IBM AIX 5.x, 6.x.
- Worked on App servers like Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss along with establishing process for Code Promotion within the Enterprise to move code from Dev, QA, SIT, Stage and Prod Environments.
- LAMP administration for large websites (load balancing HA Proxy/ELB, web server (Nginx/Apache).
- Experience in software configuration management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Interacted directly with developers, managers, and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
SCM Tools: Subversion(SVN), GIT, ClearCase, Perforce
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Buildforge and Cruisecontrol
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes and Vagrant
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, ClearQuest
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Google
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, EMR, Dynamo DB, Redshift, Lambda
AWS RDS: PostgreSQL, Aurora, MySQL
Database System: SQL Server 2000/2005, Mongo db. Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell Scripting, Power Shell
Languages: C, C++, PHP, Java
Web Technologies: Google Web Toolkit, HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, JAVA SCRIPT
Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, TFS, IIS, Ngnix
Network Services: FTP-Vsftpd, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinScp, SAN/NAS, MULTIPATHING, RAID LEVELS.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Centos 6.5,7, Red Hat, Windows NT/2003/2008, Microsoft windows Vista/XP/2000
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, Glacier, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, ECS, EFS, KMS, Certificate Manager, CloudFront, CloudFormation) by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Managed EC2 instances using launch configuration, Auto scaling, Elastic Load balancing, automated the process of provisioning infrastructure using CloudFormation templates, and created alarms to monitor using CloudWatch.
- Launched Different EC2 Virtual Servers in public cloud using AWS Auto scaling & prebaked Amazon Machine Images (AMI) through Ansible modules & Roles to maintain the production environment all times highly available.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (elastic search, log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Created the application migration strategies for migrating existing applications into AWS in an efficient and easily repeatable fashion and Managed storage in AWS using Elastic Block Storage , S3 , created Volumes , configured Snapshots .
- Implemented a 'server less' architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and DynamoDB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets. Created a Lambda Deployment function, and configured it to receive events from your S3 bucket.
- Created function in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB and S3.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer and responsible to setup Elastic search cluster using Terraform scripts to block all the Spam and Phishing attacks.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation.
- Developed templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Worked on Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes . Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, Selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers in the production environment with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file , worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volume and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Worked on creating Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle and worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB .
- Worked with Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments and developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Worked on creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible tower and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Responsible for testing Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and to run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant and test-kitchen and the treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Used different Jenkins plugins like Global Build Stats plugin, job generator plugin to help developers create new jobs, Hudson Post build task Plugin to publish artifacts to repositories once the build is succeeded and to perform some other tasks depending on the output of the build, Amazon EC2 plugin to create slaves on EC2 servers etc.
- Used Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and m aintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Coordinated and assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git source control.
- Built scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implemented monitoring and logging of different application logs using ELK and Nagios.
- Used JIRA as a ticketing tool to track the issues related to Dockerization of legacy apps and implement strategies to reduce common problems faced.
- Installed, monitored and configured applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Involved in Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Bash, Python etc.
- Worked on Group/User administration, Startup & Shutdown Scripts, Crontabs, File System Maintenance, Backup Scripts and Automation, Package management
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: & Tools: AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, Glacier, VPC, EBS, RDS, ELB, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, CloudFormation, Cloud Watch), ELK, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Nagios, Python, Shell Scripts, Bash, Ruby Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Launched Ubuntu, RedHat Server instances on Amazon EC2 instances for dynamic, high load, web site through Elastic Load Balancers and Auto Scaling launch configuration using prebaked Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, designed and refined the workflows used to grant access.
- Used CloudWatch to collect and monitor log files and created alarms in conjunction with SNS to notify the resource usage and billing events.
- Managed network security using Elastic Load balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups, Route53 and NACLS.
- Supported current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Created S3 buckets by managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Created VPC using Cloud formation templates in AWS which includes security groups, key pairs, Route tables and Internet Gateway.
- Increased EBS backed volume storage capacity when the root volume is full using AWS EBS Volume feature.
- Responsible in setting up scalability for application servers using CLI for administering DNS system in AWS using Route53.
- Managing users and groups using the amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on AWS and configuration management using Ansible.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize the product configuration. Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts. Created cookbooks and recipes in Chef for continuous deployment.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted & On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes & Cookbooks and uploaded to Chef-server
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management & Applications, manage Web Applications, Configuration Files.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Docker containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Apache Tomcat using Docker and integrated with Amazon MySQL RDS database.
- Created the Docker file and built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments.
- Configured Docker Container for branching purposes, reduced build and deployment time by implementing Docker workflow.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Integrated Docker container based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Implemented CI/CD Pipelines using tool sets like GIT, Jenkins, Chef and AWS in DevOps environment.
- Set up Jenkins master and added the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Dealt with errors in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using maven build tool.
- Designed and developed Continuous Integration systems with Maven and Jenkins .
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using GIT version control tools.
- Implemented Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git on Linux platforms.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat , WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Performed all Linux disk management and patch management configurations.
Environment: & Tools: AWS EC2, S3, Glacier, VPC, EBS, RDS, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFormation, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch) GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Nagios, Python, Shell Scripts, Bash, Ruby Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Created automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using Git and GitHub.
- Worked on Branching, Tagging and Release Activities on Version Control Tools ( GIT ) and Setting up the GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Initially used ANT for writing build.xml for building Java/J2EE applications later migrated to Maven
- Used Jenkins for the continuous integration process, automation and assisted in the code coverage and analysis by generating reports.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Integrated Git, Maven and Tomcat with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Deployment process.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin and Jenkins Cloud Format i on plugin.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Nexus and Jenkins.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef and Jenkins.
- Worked for DevOps platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Setup and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within Azure environment.
- Create networking solutions in Azure to support multiple, highly-communicative subscriptions and virtual
- Used Knife and Chef Bootstrap processes and created Roles and Data Confidential to implement them on nodes
- Involved in implementing automation tools such as Puppet, Chef.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet & Chef full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, M Collective, Hiera, Custom Puppet modules, in Ruby.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Responsible for large-scale Puppet implementation and maintenance. Puppet manifests creation, testing and implementation.
- Automated the deployment of applications inside software containers and Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Wrote new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Built and engineered servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioned virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using Cloud.
- Managed and architecture virtual servers. Monitored server traffic through Nagios. Administered web servers on Apache and Nginix. SQL queries and administration.
- Evaluated existing JIRA instance and resolved performance issues.
- Installed and configured network infrastructure using routing and switching strategies TCP /IP network services.
Environment: & Tools: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker, AWS, Azure, Jira, Nagios, Python, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Agile
Confidential, franklin, NJ
- Responsible for the design and implementation of applications' build, release, deployment, and configuration activities.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks and performed necessary day to day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Hands on compiling builds using pom.xml and build.xml. Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Hudson for automating the build processes.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Involved using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Configured and Installed Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins for Continuous build cycles.
- Used Chef/Puppet for Configuration Management.
- Assisted Operations Team by writing specific Puppet manifests to deal with application installations and related configuration files.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
- Worked on the configuration management tool Puppet for deploying the codes between different environments.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Chef for continuous delivery (CD). Rewritten recipes for new environments. Used to write an install script in Ruby using the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, and Urban Code Deploy in Linux environment.
- Used scripting languages like Python, Bash, Ruby and PowerShell for configuration.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Splunk was used to collect all the logs from application.
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux Environment.
Environment: & Tools: Agile, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Puppet, Chef, Jira, Splunk, TOMCAT, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, Unix.
Build and Release Engineer
- Supported engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Promoting code to Master Branch Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Managing the developer code using SVN.
- Created common Git branching strategy and day-to-day efforts builds, branching and merging for Cloud software developed by multiple Agile teams
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and automated weekly releases for compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Deployed artifacts into WebLogic/WebSphere servers
- Involved in editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Configured Nexus repository manager for managing the MAVEN artifacts and Implemented JIRA tool for project tracking and work flow control.
- Configure jobs in Jenkins to pull the code from version control, build the code and pull the reports.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects and created deployment tickets for build deployment in production.
- Wrote Puppet manifests files for all applications to manage the configuration files and to manage them as services.
- Worked on virtualization technologies like VMWare Workstation, VMWare Fusion, VMWareE SXi.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Automated the process of deployment to Apache Tomcat Application Servers by developing Perl Scripts.
Environment: & Tools: Java/J2EE, Unix, Maven, GIT, ANT, Jenkins, Puppet, Web Sphere, JIRA, ClearCase, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts.
- Linux System & Middleware Administrator responsible for the day to day administration and administration of RHEL 5, 6/ CentOS which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache Web Servers and Tomcat application containers in large Red Hat Linux/CentOS environment
- Created and managed user accounts, user profiles, and privileges.
- Extensive use of Crontab for job automation monitor system activities and fine tune system parameters and configuration to optimize performance.
- Remote system administration using SSH and Telnet.
- Creating and Scheduling of Cron Jobs such as backup, System Monitoring and removal of unnecessary files.
- Planned, Scheduled and Implemented on Linux boxes as part of proactive maintenance and Secure Shell (SSH) Implementation.
- Configured and enabled SSH, SCP services for access from remote terminals, Linux, Unix, Solaris.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and APACHE.
- Configured and Administered Apache, VSFTPD services, MySQL and Tomcat.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
Environment: & Tools: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat.