- Having 7+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, release & deployment, and cloud implementation and Data Centers and mostly involved in the areas of DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipeline, Build and release management. Proficiency in writing automation scripts to support infrastructure as code in AWS/Azure and Linux/Windows Administration.
- Experienced with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto - scaling and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that AMIs handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Created Snapshots using Amazon Machine Images of instances in AWS for backup and created clone instances . Implemented Cloud Infrastructure as a Service environment using OpenStack to enable portability of cloud services across hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience in installing and configuring various versions of ESX and ESXi (including 6.0). Experience in working on Platform Service Controllers and implemented several versions of VCenter installations like Embedded and External with high availability options.
- Involved to create, customize and manage the chef cookbooks and provisioning the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation templates.
- Worked with Docker Management Platform, Leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps within the Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application like LAMP. Creating, managing and performing container based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together.
- Have experience on virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment with Ansible playbooks. Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps. Managed local deployments in Kubernetes , creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Expert in Chef/Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and enthusiastically managed the changes. Deployed and maintained Chef role-based application servers, including Apache, JBoss, Nginx, and Tomcat.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management& Applications and managed Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks, testing using Test Kitchen and automated the deployment process by integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Experience in developing and implementing Linux infrastructure by automation using puppet. Deployed application using puppet by configuring puppet modules for managing instances and nodes.
- Design, Implement & troubleshoot issues related to VMware Distributed Resource Scheduling (DRS), High Availability (HA), Enhanced VMotion (EVC), ESX Host Profiles, VNetwork Distributed Switch (VDS) and VMware Fault Tolerance (FT).
- Debugged our APIs using Splunk logs and made performance analysis through AppDynamics and Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Used different types of Atlassian's tools like JIRA, Bugzilla in Issue tracking / bug tracking and used confluence for discussing the work related to project.
- Experienced in developing REST and SOAP webservices using Java.
- Implemented Java8 features such as Arrow functions and Lamda Expressions, functional interfaces.
- Setup code repositories Like GIT, SVN, Visual SVN, and Tortoise SVN and managed plugins for Jenkins for scheduled automatic checkout of code.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and send mail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers. Created users, managed user permissions, maintain User & File System on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Very familiar and adoptable with multi-platform technologies such as VMWare ESXi 5.x VSphere client, KVM and Satellite 5 and 6 servers.
- Hands on Experience in Linux administration Support, Performance tuning &monitoring, problem analysis &resolution. Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
DevOps Tools: Bamboo, Jenkins, Udeploy, salt-stack.
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft azure, google cloud, open-stack.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
Operating systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Virtualization Platform: VMWare ESXi 6, VSphere ESXi 5.5, VM Ware ESX 3.x, VM Ware VSphere 4.x, Virtual Center.
Version Control tools: Bitbucket, GIT, SVN, TFS (Team Foundation Server).
Web /Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, JBoss, WebSphere application server.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, IBM clear Quest, Bugzilla
Languages: XML, HTML, Shell Scripting, Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Created highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route53, Security Groups, Network Access Controls, AWS Elastic Load Balance, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation Templates and Auto scaling.
- Configured Autoscaling groups and elastic load balances for launching EC2 instances using cloud formation template, configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments.
- Experience in using AWS Lambda to execute code in response to triggers such as changes in data, shifts in system state, or actions by users and Lambda can be directly triggered by AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SNS, and CloudWatch, or it can be orchestrated into workflows by AWS step Functions and this allows you to build a variety of real-time serverless data processing systems.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, NACL) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Managed microservices deployments in Kubernetes , creating local cluster and deploying application containers. Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Configured etcd, consul for service discovery, configured subnetting within Kubernetes Cluster using Flannel, configured Fluentd for cluster logs collection.
- Worked on Containerizing the Infrastructure using Docker container and their orchestration by deploying and configuring Kubernetes Cluster.
- Configured API server, Kube proxy for Kubernetes master nodes. Worked on AWS API Gateway to authenticate, authorize, to scale the API between the Microservices.
- Experience on deploying micro services on to the Kubernetes cluster and scheduled containers in a pod run on the same node and share resources such as filesystems, kernel namespaces, and an IP address.
- Deployment automation scripting using Python and Ansible for AWS implementation of cable and video-on-demand micro-services, as well as Cassandra support, and proposed monitoring solutions.
- Configured Auto Scaling group with Life cycles hook to customize various action during the auto scaling process.
- Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications. Worked with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB and Docker registries.
- Wrote Docker files, Docker linting, Docker container management along with volumes, container based DB and services.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change. Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles. Experience in writing Ansible in YAML scripting to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven and Gradle to schedule the builds and worked on Artifactory and Sonatype Nexus to upload/download the build artifacts.
- Integrated SVN/Git repositories with Jenkins so developers can deploy their code and created various Jenkins jobs in different regions to propagate code through QA and production environments.
- Administration skills in version control tools (GIT) like tagging, branching, merging, stash, patching and user access control.
- Automate Application Delivery using Urban Code Deploy tool suite and setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with Jfrog Artifactory repository.
- Monitor and maintain the automated build and CI process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build failures using ticketing tools like JIRA.
- Experience in centralized log tools (Splunk, ELK) and Automated Logstash (ELK Stack) as part of Server Build. Built Elasticsearch (ELK Stack) cluster in multiple data centers for High Availability.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Bamboo and Code coverage analysis both in static and dynamic state using SonarQube. Run quality checks using SonarQube & upload it to Nexus repository.
- Extensive experience using Maven and Ant as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Creation of Jumpstart and Kick start configuration for the automatic provision of servers using Blade logic. Configured a Jumpstart server by editing the sysidcfg, rules and profile files and establishing Jumpstart software alternatives troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Planned and performed the upgrades on Linux and AIX operating systems and hardware maintenance on HP and POWER servers like increasing memory, disk, replacing failed hardware.
- Installed, managed and deployed Linux Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Experience in AWS Family services like EC2, VPC, Lambda, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer, Volumes and Snapshot management, Dynamo DB, RDS, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk and IAM services. Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3 Bucket, Red shift, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, kinesis, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Glacier, Cloud Trail and Direct connect. etc.,
- Worked with EC2 container services (ECS) to build and manage docker containers in effective manner and maintained EC2 Container Registry (ECR) to save our own Docker images .
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration, Ant (build.xml) as a build tool generated a WAR file and deployed in web /application servers like Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS, cloud trial and cloud watch.
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment and used auto scaling feature and Involved in Remediation and patching of Unix/Linux Servers.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELK) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and improved login authentication for users and groups
- Used Chef to manage configured servers like Tomcat and Apache web server. Developed Cloud Formation script to automate the EC2 instances with JSON templates.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife. Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks in CI and CD pipeline.
- Implemented automation with Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment & development. Used cookbooks, recipes, roles, data bags, run list to deploy web applications, applications server and vendor applications.
- Worked on Version controller like Bit bucket and integration tools like Bamboo and deployed many applications using IBM udeploy.
- Administered Jenkins and Bamboo within the organization and Experience in creating nodes to fulfill resources. Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, bamboo in PROD environments.
- Exclusive Microsoft TFS (Team Foundation Server) DevOps Build Manager and TFS Repository Administration, working with Build Automation and Automated Testing for Desktop Applications (Server / Client, NTier).
- Implemented TFS software builds, "smoke tests", and documented procedures which were completed in a thorough and timely manner.
- Wrote custom code in Perl, Python, Shell, Ruby and other languages to automate system administration tasks.
- Implemented new JIRA workflows for the QA teams and managed Jira users and created workflows, issues types, fields in production.
- Troubleshooting to solve incidents and Root cause analysis to zero in on potential reasons using networking tools like Wire Shark and monitoring production health used tools like Splunk, AppDynamics.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk to improve application performance, helps to get the visibility & business context to meet business demands.
- Installation, configuration & upgrade of VMware ESXi, VSphere, Vcenter clients, VShield and NSX for network segmentation and host based Anti-Virus solutions.
- Applied the clustering Topology that meets high availability and requirement for performance and functionality.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian/Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple data centers. Configured RedHat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Experienced in working with production servers at multiple data centers. Logged events from forced crash dumps and troubleshoot server issues.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and send mail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers. Configuration and administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Build and Release Engineer
- Experience in administering, integrating, supporting middleware technologies like WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, Tomcat, JBOSS & WebSphere MQ and web servers IHS, Apache HTTP on wide variety of platforms like Solaris, Linux and windows.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifactory.
- Created job chains with Jenkins Job Builder, Parameterized Triggers, and Confidential host deployments. Utilized many Jenkins plugins and Jenkins API.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Migrated out core repository from SUBVERSION to GIT and involved in individually migrate all the code base from subversion to GIT ensuring that health of our builds aren't affected.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Experience in Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications
- Completed software builds and elevations, created directories and security groups, and recreating prior, versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/ Hudson, Ant, MS Build, TFS Team Explorer, and SVN.
- Provided support in fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-UX Installation and Maintenance of Hardware in Production and development Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux Support team.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Clear Case and Created Clear Case configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Configured the NIS, NIS+ and DNS on Red Hat Linux 5.1 and update NIS maps and Organize the RHN Satellite Servers in combination with RHN Proxy Server.
- Experience in Shell and Python scripting to automate system administration jobs. Also implemented and enhanced existing scripts developed in Shell and Ruby Managed server on VMware vSphere, Vcenter.
- Developed deployment workflows in Active Batch utilizing Java, bash, Python, and Power Shell.
- Involved in firewall rules, configure iptables and init script, start and stop init script for Apache and other application server.
- Performed periodic customer releases through GIT pushes to shared, private and public servers. We use CRON tabs, automated scripts to do continuous delivery and continuous deployment.
- Involved in shell scripting for system/application in automating server task, installing and monitoring applications and data feeding file transfer and log files.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom modules and manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgraded migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Managed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers. Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts (Java/J2EE projects) for WebLogic and UNIX servers.
- Worked extensively on version control systems like SVN & Bitbucket. Involved in conversion of the source code from the SVN to Bitbucket. Worked closely with other CM teams, which was migrating from SVN to Bucket. Helped them in the CM planning and build/deploy processes. Bitbucket platform allows all team members to work together on the same file and helps to track the changes effectively.
- Experience in maintaining/tuning/upgrading Web logic/Web sphere/JBoss and Web based applications like Java & Tomcat/Apache.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Provided support for the web servers like IIS, Tomcat, Web logic or Web sphere. Configuration and administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Created clones from existing VMs (both live and powered-off). Deployed several VMs from Templates and customized their configurations as-needed.
- System Installation, configuration and upgrading, VMware ESXi, Vcenter and VSphere Clients, Web-logic. Configured, managed ESX VM’s with virtual center and VI client. Used VMware VMotion to eliminate application downtime from planned server maintenance by migrating running virtual machines between hosts.
- Applied visualization technology in managing multiple operating systems on VMware platforms as well as Windows Hyper -V Manager.
- Used monitoring tool SPLUNK for administration and maintenance operations on day-to-day basis for company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems.
- Managed and created run environments on Linux or windows platform using Tomcat, Intel SOA express, ISS, glassfish and other application servers.
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production server. Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and send mail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS and Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment .
- Managed the installation software, security patches, system fixes, package updates and enhancements for Solaris, Red hat, Centos.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux and Created and modified application related objects, created profiles, users, roles and maintained system.
- Created, managed user accounts on Unix/Linux servers, reset user passwords. Administered users account security through monitoring login logs for repeated failed authentication attempts.
- Supported Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) Servers running on Linux with GFS and Solaris with SFRAC.
- Production support for installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of applications like Apache, PHP, My SQL and Tomcat.
- Performed physical to virtual (P2V) migrations for approximately 50 physical servers utilizing VMware Converter.
- Troubleshooting network administration, IIS configuration, DNS setup and modifications, firewall rule sets, local and distributed director, connectivity, and supporting applications.
- Installation and configuration operating system RedHatEnterprise Linux (RHEL5.3 and RHEL 5.4) in development and test environments almost six levels on HP physical servers and Virtual Machines.
- Created users, managed user permissions, maintain User & File System quotaon Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Worked with BASH shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Installed and configured Apache Web-servers like Http and Nginx (proxy server) and troubleshoot problems arising from Apache functionality.
- Created partition of disks using parted and fdisk and maintained file systems and performed RAID configuration on Unix/Linux.
- Troubleshooting issues in a Unix/Red Hat Linux Enterprise environment affecting customer's deadlines and productivity in a manner that minimizes intrusions in customers' ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Maintained existing programs/scripts like bash, python, shell, Perl to automated administration tasks and extended Linux system functionality as needed.
- Performed daily system monitoring, daily reviewing of system and application logs while verifying successful completion of scheduled jobs.
- Worked with Red hat Linux tools like RPM to install packages and patches for Red hat Linux Server and managed virtualized OS. Used LVM for the managements of logical volumes including creation of physical volumes in Linux.
- Installed and configured domain wide mail systems utilizing Postfix with multi subnet and a single relay host for internal mail forwarding, all external mails were handled by Send mail and SMTP.
- Maintaining security groups assigned to Production and Test Linux Servers. Transferred files across the systems on the network using ftp and scp commands.