- Accomplished Linux/DevOps system administrator having good knowledge on managing server infrastructures and involving administration of mission critical, high availability environments.
- Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business growth, organizational development and systems/ network optimization.
- Skilled, problem identifier and troubleshooter comfortable managing systems, projects and teams in IT industry.
Operating system: Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris), Windows 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, MAC
Automation andConfigurationManagement Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, Kickstart, Kubernetes, Saltstack, Bamboo.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling, ElasticBeanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Filesystem, ECS, RDS, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, cloud foundry, IAM, SNS,Open - shift,Azure:VMs,DocumentDB,Datawarehouse,Blobstorage,RBAC.
Networking Tools: DNS, CISCO Routers/Switches, NFS.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Application / WebServers: Web Logic 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, JBoss 4.22, Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Version control tools: GIT, TFS, Subversion (SVN), Bigbucket
Database System: MS SQL Server, MySQL, IBM DB2, Dynamo DB, Cassandra DB.
VirtualizationTechnologies: VMWare, Power VM, Virtual box, V Centre, Vsphere, weblogic
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, ELK, PagerDuty, Dyntrace.
ProgrammingLanguages: Java, .Net, C, C++
Confidential, North Carolina
Sr. DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Build the entire company’s Infrastructure and played a vital role in building the Architecture of the project.
- Elastic Bean stack, S3 repositories, elastic Cache, RDS, Dynamo DB, VPC, Cloud Front, Route 53, XRay, cloud watch, Cloud Trail, cloud formation, IAM, Certificate manager, Artifact, cloud search, elastic search service, SQS, SNS, SES.
- With all my extensive experience on AWS had a good practical implementation on control over AWS Billing.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web services (Red Hat) and configured the launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Launched, Configured and automated Elastic Load Balancers for Frontend and Backend Servers.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies using IAM roles for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket for storing data.
- Developed and maintained Cloud Formation Template scripts(CFT’s), automated the provisioning of AWS resources (IAM, EC2, S3, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling) and installed workstations.
- Managing IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements.
- Reviewed Openshift PaaS product architecture and suggested improvement features after conducting research on Competitors products.
- Worked closely with different kinds of AWS security services like KMS, HMS and IAM roles and policies and integrating AWSservices with 3rd security applications to secure the cloud environment.
- Involved in implementing container security tools like Twist Lock to provide an extra layer of security to docker containers.
- Conducted detailed research on Mesos-Marathon and Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Streamlined installation of Openshift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- Expertise knowledge in using SENSU Grafana and prometheus in Openshift.
- Automated recovery process of Openshift Master had been initiated by the Ansible play books that I have written.
- Identified many inconsistencies in the existing installation steps as prescribed by Amazon in VPC Cloud Formation scripts.
- Provisioning the AWS EC2 servers by assigning the EBS volumes, auto scaling groups, load balancers, security groups in the defined VPC (Virtual Private Cloud).
- Developed and maintained Cloud Formation scripts, automated the provisioning of AWS resources (IAM, EC2, S3, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling) and installed workstations.
- Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in EC2 instances in AWS environment.
- Utilized AWS Cloud Watch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during load testing.
- Managing the configuration of the existing AWS servers by using the Ansible.
- Used Powershell scripts to deploy resources to different subscription accouts and provisioned Json script to use along with powershell script. And Managed different resources in Azure RM Accounts.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal. migrated On-premises physical machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery. Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal. eTaken responsibility for Managing services in Azure like VM’s, Blog storages, Queues, SQs Azure, Document DB, RBac. Handle escalated Support tickets till closure for MS Azure PaaS platform
- Provide consulting and cloud architecture for premier customers and internal projects running on MS Azure platform for high-availability of services, low operational costs. Build and deploy all projects to AWS and Azure.
- Configured and maintained on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall. Hands on experience on Backup and restore Azure services.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo.
- Implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline by creating build jobs to provide continuous automated builds polling the GitHub source control system.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts.
- Leveraged several Jenkins plugins to automate tasks like code coverage, metrics, AWS EC2 plugin, and job creation. Automated web application testing with Jenkins.
- Installed configured, administered, troubleshooted and tuned JBOSS Application server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux machines on all the environments
- Experience in configuring session affinity, session persistence and monitoring in JBOSS EAP 6.x/5.x and Apache Tomcat 7.x/6.x.
- Installed and configured various middleware packages such as WebLogic, Tomcat and JBOSS servers.
- Configured all the required configuration variables in Front End and Back End Tomcat servers.
- Installed, configured and administered troubleshooted Active MQ on REDHAT Linux servers.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Create Ansible roles and playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain software components for our company infrastructure.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages and Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML scripting.
- Configured and automated PagerDuty for our project and created an on-call Scheduling for all the teams and automated Alerts coming from Application monitoring clusters or PagerDuty via Jenkins and Ansible.
- Installed, Configured and Automated Dyntrace as Application Performance Manager and created different dashboards to monitor all the tools which are used in the application.
- Supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support and solving all the incidents which are been monitored in PagerDuty.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, EBS, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, ELB, SNS, SQS), Azure(VMs, Blob storage, Queue storage, Point-to-site, Document DB,RBAC)GIT, Ansible, YAML, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Jenkins, Dyntrace, PagerDuty.Confidential, New York
Sr. DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Managed the user accounts IAM, RDS, Route53, VPC, RDB, DynamoDB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Hands on experience in setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket to ensure fault tolerance and high availability.
- Experience in managing and maintaining IAM policies for organizations in AWS to define groups, create users, assign roles and define rules for role based access to AWS resources.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Responsible for maintaining Infrastructure in AWS(Cloud) by migrating Physical Linux servers to Cloud.
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Managed highly available and fault tolerant systems in AWS, through various API's, console operations and CLI. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Build, deploy and migrate infrastructure to Azure utilizing ARM templates and some Terraform. Work with VSTS to create all-inclusive CI/CD process.
- Creating Cloud watch alerts for instances and using them in auto scaling launch configurations
- Configured Nginx load balancer and application servers.
- Worked closely with QA and testing teams for automation, testing and build and in error fixing while deployment and release phases.
- Knowledge on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience with Linux systems, virtualization in a large-scale environment, experience with Linux Containers (LXC) and Docker.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker.
- Bootstrapped instances using Chef and integrating with Auto scaling.
- Used Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes, for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Maintained Chef and Puppet servers and management application that can use Service Now data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files.
- Used Chef to manage configuration on connected server. Developed Cloud Formation script to automate the EC2 instances with JSON templates.
- Wrote a Release XML and Test case parser in Python, which stored data in a SQLite DB and exported information for use in ELK Stack Dashboard.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Nexus, Yum and Chef.
- Experience in using Chef cookbooks and Chef recipes to automate infrastructure as a code.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Log stash.
- Managed the configurations of more than 900 servers using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet and performed configuration automation on the infrastructure.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Involved in creating the Azure Services with Azure Virtual Machine.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories. Provided end-user training for all GIT users to effectively use the tool. Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Experience in the Monitoring and troubleshooting of the Servers using various third-party tools like Nagios. Worked on Jira for issue tracking and process.
- Supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, EBS, RDS, Cloud Formation, J2EE, Cloud Watch, ELB, SNS, SQS), GIT, Chef, Azure, Ruby, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, UNIX, JIRA, Apache, Puppet, Nagios, Bash Scripting.Confidential, Pennsylvania
DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Designed, developed and implement an automated Linux (Centos, Amazon) infrastructure using Collective and AWS and move existing applications off windows seamlessly to it while aggressively growing.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates, security product templates.
- Deployed and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GIT.
- Created static roles from Ansible playbooks and used for other projects.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Chef Knife, and Chef Server Admin/ Organizations.
- Build Java project using Ansible playbooks and Jenkins.
- Experienced on Configuring the Chef-Repo, Setup multiple Chef Work stations and Developing Cookbooks for automating deployments via Chef.
- Migrated an On-premises VM to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets.
- Installed and maintain puppet-based configuration management system. Used Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to ANT build scripts for Java/ Websphere based applications.
- Managed Servers and Reports using Puppet through host groups and puppet modules and manifests.
- Worked on virtualization environments like Docker and Vagrant.
- Automation of various administrative tasks on multiple servers using Puppet.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories.
- Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, Cruise Control for build and deployment automation.
- Worked on rolling back to an earlier deployment when instability happens using Kubernetes.
- Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo.
- Provided on-going support and administration for Subversion (SVN), Clear Case, Clear Quest and ANT build automation.
- Deployed web applications to the SYS, UAT, STAGING and PROD Environments using IBM build forge and IBM.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked in Docker container based distribution deployment and replication control using Kubernetes.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves.
- Deployed and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Creating Git bucket repositories, branch for development infrastructure and resolve PUSH, PULL & Merge issues.
- Automation: User Management automated using Python script to achieve application mapping. Setup and configure all applications to authenticate against Active Directory LDAP interface.
- Integrated JIRA with GIT and created automated release Notes.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management. Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Experience in the Monitoring and troubleshooting of the Servers using various third-party tools like Nagios.
Environment: AWS, Linux, Jenkins, Puppet, Azure, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, Python, ShellScripts, GIT, JIRA, Nagios, Hudson, Bamboo.Confidential, Rochester Hills, Michigan
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, SuSe 10, 11, Solaris 10 & AIX 6, 7.
- Gathered Information from the Clients and providing consultation by performing POC and setup the Build/Deployment and Release Management.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven. Automated CI/CD process by building a pipeline project in Jenkins with Maven and GIT.
- Tested and implemented validated merge feature on cloud bees Jenkins to facilitate frequent commits from developers then a build is triggered on Jenkins, if the build is successful the code changes will be pushed to upstream repository.
- Configured Mysql server with Ansible playbooks.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Worked with development teams to merge the code for branching, merging, and tagging in the repository on branches.
- Integrated build tool MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code into nexus antifactory.
- Hands on experience in writing Ansible playbooks and used Ansible for configure tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Cloud DevOps Consultant, responsible for automation and orchestration of Taos's clients' cloud service offerings on AWS.
- Developing ruby cloud formation templates and setting up Auto scaling for EC2 instances. Managed and Administered Apache, Tomcat, Web logic, Web sphere and Jboss.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Created Cloud watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Launched Docker containers on EC2 instance.
- Build artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances which were integrated using the Perl and Shell scripts.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Supported and developed tools for Integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
- Involved in maintaining and editing Python scripts for application deployment automation.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, GIT, AWS, RHEL, Ubuntu, Git, Docker, Ruby, Shell Script, Splunk, Jenkins, Maven, Linux, Nexus, python script, tomcat, pearl script.Confidential
Build and release Engineer
- Performed software configuration/release management activities for three different Java applications.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process and tools with approval from development and other affected teams.
- Managed Windows virtual servers and Ubuntu Linux (Rackspace and AWS EC2) with Chef using Git.
- Defined processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers.
- Configuring AnthillPro as a common build engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QMG, UAT,PROD, and DR to UNIX environments
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Performed Design, involved in code reviews and wrote unit tests in Python.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins.
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for web application servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Managers for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Source code configuration tools Subversion and GIT used for different projects.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Used Shell to automate the deployment process.
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury LoadRunner and selenium.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and WebLogic Server with DB2 as Database.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies.
- Performed integrating, JUnit and code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Implemented Automated Application Deployment using chef.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Confluence, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, WebLogic, Shell Scripts, Junit, JXML, UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle.Confidential
- Installation of Red Hat Linux based servers using Kickstart in development, test and production environments.
- Configured and deployed patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite servers for red hat 6 and 7.
- Expert in Red hat Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Installed and configured of SAMBA utility software for sharing files with Windows hosts.
- Worked on Apache and Jboss Including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- KVM guest creation and management on physical servers in RHEL 5/6.
- Taking backups of running KVM guest servers using LVM Snapshot.
- Configuring multipath and LVM on attached SAN disks.
- Created and maintained some 800+ Linux servers and 500+ AIX servers.
- Uploading Red Hat certificate, handling activations and deactivations.
- Set up bonding, bridge (for KVM guest) on Ethernet ports.
- Created RPM packages for Jboss and Apache installations using rpm build tool.
- Writing shell and perl script for application log rotations and server post installation tasks.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts (Shell, Python) for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Expert in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Expert in Installation, Configuration of Package and Patch Management.
- Expert in extracting fields from the Splunk events.
- Experienced in providing technical services to projects, user requests and data queries.
- Maintained and managed assigned systems, Splunk related issues and administrators.
- Monitored of space availability on each file system using the Shell Scripts.
- Configured new service group and resources for new application in Veritas Cluster Servers.
- The following information about a process has been logged from the Kernel data structures.
- Environment, Command line, Current working directory, root directory, executed command.
- Expert in installation, configuration and administration of Windows servers, Active Directory and exchange server.
- Created User Accounts and Groups in Active Directory.
- Installed and Configuring Windows Servers.
- Remoted Desktop Monitoring using Microsoft Terminal Services/Client.
- Interacted with all the team members both in offshore as well as with the client in maintaining good customer relationships.
- Experienced in RPM Package Administration for installing, upgrading, and checking dependencies.
- Reconfigured RPM database using RPM Build and creating YUM repository in RedHat Linux.
Environment: Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers, 1200+ Linux Servers, 500+ AIX servers, SAMBA, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, Shell programming, Jboss 4.2, Splunk, Perl, Python.