An expert IT professional with extensive hands - on experience in leading support function including overseeing staff in network management, hardware and software configurations; excellent analytical and organizational skills; committed to a business process improvement.
Operating Systems, Servers, and Software: Linux Red Hat 5/6, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris 7/8/9/10, MAC OSX 10.X, Exchange 2000/2003/2007/2010 , Office 365, Windows NT4.0/XP/ 2000/2003/2008/2012/ Vista/7/8, MS-DOS, DNS, DynDNS, DC, DHCP, Active Directory, DoubleTake, MSSQL(Cluster), MySQL(Cluster), MemSQL(Cluster), MarkLogic, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Oracle 9/10 & Parallel server, Citrix Presentation Server 4.5, XenApp 5, Blackberry Enterprise, TNMailServer, Solaris Zone, LAMP, LDAP, Jira, Confluence, Wiki, VMware ESX 3.5/4, vSphere 4/5, VirtualIron, & VirtualBox, Microsoft Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Word Perfect, Symantec (NetBackup, Backup Exec, EndPointProtection, Ghost, AV, WinFax and Utilities), Trend Micro AV, McAfee Antivirus, QuickBooks, Sima4, Write Check, NetShield, Adaptec GoBack, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere, QuarkXPress, Macromedia Flash, Dreamweaver, World Cash, FOXPRO, Lotus Notes/Domino 7, HC Plus, AutoMed, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, RAPTr, ETI, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, GitHub, Bitbucket, BeanStalk Mercurial, Logstash, Akamai, Fastly, FrontCloud, HighWind, memcache, Varnish, Drupal, WordPress, AEM (CQ) and SalesForce.
Hardware and Middleware: PC, Sun Microsystems (E, V, & T), MAC, Notebook, iBook, PowerBook, PDA, Blackberry, SATA & SCSI RAID, Sun, Switches Layer 3, Routers, Firewalls, Hubs, F5, Printers, Cisco (PIX & ASA) Firewalls & Juniper & Dell & Confidential & Sonic Wall Switches & Routers, NAS, iSCSI, SAN, NetApp, EMC, Synology and Compellent .
Tools: and Utilities: TCP/IP, WireShark, Symantec NetBackUp, Best Practices Analyzer Tools, CISCO ConfigManager, Pingdome, Zenoss, NewRelic, Nagios, Stackdriver, Goliath, Norton Utility, LANalyzer, Confidential, SolarWinds, and Kaseya.
Certifications: MCP ID 1870467, CCNA, LINUX+, Red Hat RHCSA, AWS and Chef.
- Installed and Configured Adobe AEM 6.2 (CQ) publish, dispatch and author instances, monitoring, performance tuning.
- Extensively worked on designing and deploying applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool.
- Wrote Maven scripts to automate the build process.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Installed Nexus repository tool to maintain the artifacts/dependencies jars.
- Created runbooks for each application to help the release management team for successful deployments.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Install and configure Confidential Fortify SCA (SSC)
- Advised office of CTO’s on emerging technologies helping to create long-term roadmaps.
- Supported planning and implementation of the major product overhaul required for future growth.
- Advised on roadmap for transformation projects to CI/CD.
- Assessed deficiencies in the existing development and testing.
- Supported implementation of the technologies changes to address major gaps and shortfalls.
- Conducted PCI audit for customer hosted their infrastructure on AWS cloud.
- Designed and implemented the complete network and infrastructure on AWS cloud.
Senior Manager, Application Engineering & Operation
- Managed team of 10 application engineers.
- Achieved the highest level of employee engagement and productivity though a strong focus on the individual strengths and goals of each team member.
- Developed and implemented operational guidelines.
- Leaded operational excellence road mapping in collaboration with various development teams.
- Evaluated new technologies and provide business cases where needed.
- Negotiated and drove approval process for vendor contracts and renewals.
- Provided strategic IT leadership and directions.
- Analyzed team metrics to ensure SLA's achieved and identified problem areas that needed improvement.
- Translated business vision, strategy, and objectives into an effective infrastructure fabric.
- Responsible for team hiring and performance management.
- Manage migration documentations from OneNote to Confluence.
- Trained team on Chef & Jenkins automation.
- Implemented Goliath monitoring for Citrix XenApp & NetScaler.
- Implemented ITIL, COBIT, and ISO framework.
- Performed and assisted with SOC1, & SOC2 implementation.
- Managed team of 3 DevOps engineers.
- Proved ability to think strategically to implement and deliver.
- Translated business vision, strategy, and objectives into an effective infrastructure fabric.
- Lead efforts and promote rapid agile business product deliver through DevOps.
- Build new Jenkins CI-system automation framework to enable development teams continuous deployment, continuous integration in a cloud environment their applications.
- Migrated MongoDB cluster from 2.2 to 2.6 and upgraded RDS MySQL from 5.5 to 5.6 without downtime.
- Wrote Puppet modules, Bash, Perl and Python scripts to automate provisioning of new servers and ongoing maintenance of them.
- Supported business demand by assisting in forecasting and budgeting efforts, while maintaining quality, low cost and problem free environments.
- Developed multi-detailed strategy execution roadmaps.
- Guided cross-functional development and product management teams to ensure successful implementation.
- Provided overall system engineering experience in the architecture, design, deployments, requirements analysis, data flow, network design, implementation and testing.
- Took ownership of AWS accounts and saved over $250,000 in operational cost.
- Installed Bamboo and maintained the deployment and artifact management scripts.
- Maintained & optimized AWS infrastructure (ELBs, VPC, EC2, AMI, S3, Rout53, SimpleDB, RDS, EBS/Provisioned IOPS, etc.)
- Negotiated pricing and contracts with partners and services.
Manager/ Senior System Administrator
- Led and managed multiple IT projects (AWS migration / PCI compliance / Web Security/ NetApp controllers upgrade).
- Extended the hosted Chef deployment and enabled a uniform method to administer all aspects of the platform across multiple Chef environments.
- Maintained the Jenkins installation, including the build system and artifact management scripts.
- Monitored the production deployment, and diagnosed and resolved operational issues as they arose.
- Assisted all teams with operational issues that arose in pre-production/production environments.
- Supported successfully a critical hybrid cloud and colocation operations infrastructure that involved AWS VPC (EC2 & S3), Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, Tomcat, Apache, Varnish, Akamai, mySQL, MongoDB, MS SQL, Jenkins, cluster farm behind A10 load balancer, Confidential blade, Citrix Xen Server, VMware ESX, openVPN, openLDAP, Chef, and Puppet.
- Developed Amazon AWS provisioning and management scripts for fully automated systems deployment
- Established a change log, an inventory, and deployment systems using Python and Ruby.
- Organized and maintained critical infrastructure that involves the configuration of RedHat, CentOS, Tomcat, Apache, Varnish, memcache, mySQL, MarkLogic, MS SQL, Hudson, cluster farm behind F5 load balancer.
- Managed various Linux related tasks including security procedures and protocols, kernel tuning/recompiling, RAID administration, patch testing and deployment, capacity planning, backup schemas, and environment customization.
- Controlled all Windows and Linux systems, supported critical web hosting infrastructure and ensuring an uptime above 99.6%.
- Migrated successfully over 1000 users from a Windows NT 4 domain to a Windows 2008 domain.
- Employed puppet mercurial/git automation and updating tracking.
- Oversaw Akamai and Amazon Web Services EC2, S3.
- Provided application support for end-users and developers.
- Administered NAS Compellent storage clusters, application and debugging support on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Monitored disk space usage, performing backups and tape archive management.
- Maintained and scripted system cron jobs, performed constant system tuning including applying OS patches.
- Managed firewall and necessary security protocols, website publishing process from local servers to a live site.
Vice President of Information Technology
- Managed team of 7 engineers.
- Led multiple projects including installation and configuration of Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 farm, Firewall consolidation with Juniper 320, build out of co-location in Chicago, VMware ESX 3.5, migration of Exchange from 5.5/ 2000/2003 to 2007, migration of DC from 2000 to 2003 and to 2008; deployment of SQL Servers 2005/2008, configuration of Voice over IP solution; set up and configuration of offsite backup, CISCO ASA 5520 Active/Active Failover, SmoothWall, VLAN, SSH, and SSL.
- Managed IT support personnel and consultants.
- Relocated server room to new location and re-designed a network.
- Built co-location with traffic balance solution.
- Consolidated Firewalls with Juniper Firewalls, and Layer 3 Switches.
- Negotiated contracts and purchased hardware, software, and consulting services.
- Led design and implementation of helpdesk support, call scheduling and ticket tracking solution with Kaseya.
- Monitored network performance, collected metrics, and fine-tuned configuration.
- Engineered and configured Citrix RAPTr network solution in support of bonds, futures and securities trading software.
- Designed and implemented a Citrix failover solution.
- Planned and deployed Microsoft Project server to track many internal tasks.
- Consolidated Windows, Linux, Solaris servers into ESX VM’s, and Solaris Zones.
- Deployed and supported load balancers and set security policies for the network, servers, and printers.
- Supported and solved problems with Windows, Linux, Solaris and various software applications.