- Over 10 years of experience working aSystem Admin/Engineer and DevOps engineer in various platform of Linux and Unix: RHEL 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x, AIX 5.2/5.3/6.1/7.1, SOLARIS 9/10/11, SUSE and Cent OS and Ubuntu.
- Worked on installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Red hat Linux, Suse Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris and some Windows Servers.
- Worked on installation and configuration of various Unix/Linux platforms: DHCP, DNS, NFS, FTP, SSH, Sendmail, Apache, Samba, RPM package management, YUM.
- Experienced in DevOps environment with exposure to various DevOps tools like Puppet, GIT, SVN, and Chef.
- Development of OS dependent/independent Puppet modules and other templates for large environment system deployment configuration.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems.
- Proficient in administration of various continuous Integration tool like SubVersion (SVN) and Jenkins to maintain and integrate developer’s codes and configuration files into shared repositories.
- Worked on installation of Automation toolPuppet and used puppet for server configuration management.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools, and development and staging environments on AWS, Rack Space and Cloud.
- Migration of various applications to AWS cloud.
- Rapid provisioning of pre - configured Linux instances on demand in DEV/IT, UAT and Production environment through AWS (EC2).
- Expert in installing, configuring and maintaining Samba server as well as Apache Tomcat, WebSphere Application Servers.
- Extensive experience using Puppet and Chef Configuration management.
- Experienced in administering and deployment of Sun Solaris, Red Hat (Linux) & AIX servers via VMware.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using Puppet configuration management.
- Excellent experience working on various scripts like Shell, Korn, Bash, Ruby, Python.
- Working experience on AWS Cloud.
- Experience in installing and implementing RAID in mission critical servers.
- Experience with configuration and administration of external storage (SAN/NAS).
- Experience in monitoring system performance, tuning including, disks, network and CPU by itself.
- Experience working on 24X7 rotation support.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat 3.x,4.x,5.x,6.x SUSE 8), Unix - IBM AIX 5.x,6.x,7.x, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Windows 2000/NT4.0,windows 95/98/ME/XP, VMware ESX 2.x,3
Hardware: z/VM-9 series, HP 9000 Model K 580, HP 9000 K460,Hitachi arrays, Backup Devices, Ethernet Hubs, Routers, Repeaters, Jukebox, Printers DELL Poweredge 1650, 2850, 2950, 6400
Web/Application Servers: Websphere Application Server (WAS)3.5,4.0, Netscape/iPlanet Server, MQSeries, WebLogic, JBoss, Server, IBM HTTP Server, HTML, DHTML, XML, Java Script, JSP, Servlets, EJB
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
RDBMS: IBM UDB2, Oracle 7.x/8.0/9i, MS-SQL Server 2008/R2 and MS-Access 97/95
Programming Languages: C, Java, Ruby, Python, HTML, Perl and Shell programming
Applications: HACMP, Samba, Tivoli (TSM), Veritas, NetBackup, Veritas Volume Manager, LVM, Xymon, HPSA
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
Sr. DevOps Engineer / Linux Architect
- Configuring and maintaining Linux virtualization in test and production environment using VMware vSphere Client and HPSA for Redhat Linux OS installation.
- Installation and configuring DHCP, DNS, web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3 ), and file servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers .
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Red Hat Linux for the production team.
- Working on Nagios for the monitoring the performance of the servers.
- Working on configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet .
- Construction of dual nodes of puppet master to maintain continuous availability in the automated deployment procedure.
- Construction, testing and deployment of custom puppet modules to the entire environment across Linux platform.
- Gained Expertise in maintaining all the revisions of configuration and standard protocols under Subversion (SVN).
- Maintained security configuration, pre configured applications and servers in Docker container.
- Redesigning and redeploying the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
- Deploying Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to pre-existing infrastructure.
- Manage various AWS/AZURE environment for provisioning of Linux servers and services implemented by the providers.
- Set up and configuration of various instruments on AWS direct connect to create DEV/IT, UAT and Production environment for short-term internal projects.
- Networking trouble shooting using 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and 'tcpdump' etc
- Administrating user accounts by adding them to the requested applications, servers, groups, and file system quota.
- Setting up class specific sudo rules so they are linked with their respective servers as requested by Environment Build Review team.
- Write Scripts for automating and testing the code using Perl, Korn,Ruby,Bash and Python.
- Configuring and administrating disk storage allocation using Veritas Volume Manager as well as standard command line procedures.
- Team player with the ability to learn and apply new knowledge by personal initiative.
Environment: RedHat Linux 5.x, 6.x, HPSA 7.88, Xymon, VMWare vSphere Client 5.0.0, VERITAS Volume manager, Veritas Net backup, Jboss, Apache, JVM, Oracle 10g, LDAP.
Confidential, Canton, MS
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Installed and configured servers using Red Hat Linux Kickstartmethod.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux 4.3 and 5.7 on VMware ESX servers 5.0 and cloned the servers.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager commands.
- Configuration and administration of Fiber card Adapter’ s and handling of SAN (SAN arrays, HITACHI, EMC).
- Configuration and Administration of NFS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP and Sendmail.
- Exposure to common DevOps tools like GIT, Maven and Jenkins.
- Worked with GIT for source control, Jenkins and Maven for build Management to automate the software build and Nagios for Monitoring.
- Deployed applications like Jboss and Websphereby using Puppet tool.
- Set up preconfigured RHEL5.x and 6.x on local and in the cloud on AWS EC2.
- Provisioning of RHEL5.x/6.x servers via AWS cloud.
- Worked on Puppet for the automation of the tasks.
- Created Puppet manifests.
- Installation and configuration of Ruby and Puppet using foreman installer.
- Deployment of Linux configuration and its updates via puppet.
- Worked with Engineering team to evaluate the adaptability and compatibility of automation tools such as chef and puppet.
- Storage and update of pre-configured VM images, applications, and tools in Docker to reduce the downtime and maintain high availability.
- Assisted the release management team on various software build updates and maintained continuous Integrity/revisions of the build codes via Jenkins easy debugging and troubleshooting.
- Developed shell scripts and scheduled CRON jobs.
- Performance monitoring with Sar, Iostat, VMstat, TOP and Other Tools.
Environment: HP Proliant servers HP BL460, Cisco UCS, VMware ESX sever 5.0, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.3/5.7/5.8, VERITAS netback up 6.5, Puppet, Forman, AWS, GIT, Maven, and Jenkins, Deep security.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Tier 2 Production Support (Unix/ Linux)
- Performed installation, configuration and maintenance of Redhat Linux 5.3.
- Worked on HP and DELL servers running on Redhat Linux and SUSE Linux 9 .
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Redhat Linux Kickstart Installation. Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Redhat Linux other Network Services.
- Performed daily backups, restoration of data as per requests from developers using VeritasNetbackup.
- Experience in Servers consolidation and virtualization using HPSA VSphere virtual infrastructure, HPSA VSphere ESX.
- Audited the servers after the installation and prepared documents.
- Worked on EMC disk storage to allocate disk space.
- Network trouble shooting using ‘ndd’, 'traceroute', 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and 'snoop' etc
- Network Monitoring Using Nagios tool.
- Monitored overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux and AIX.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Implementing RAID 1 and RAID 5 on mission critical servers such as domain controllers and file servers.
- Worked on networking services including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP, applications, kickstartand print servers to ensure optimal networking, application, and printing functionality.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x/4.x,Oracle 9i, EMC SAN (Symmetric), NIM, NFS, HMC, HACMP, Apache, Samba, Nagios, LPAR, DHCP, SMTP, DNS, LVM, LDAP, Shell Programming (bash, ksh), DELL Poweredge 1650.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Linux System Administrator
- Installed and configured servers using Red Hat Linux Kickstart method.
- Migration and configuration of Red Hat Linux 5.1 on Dell PowerEdge, HP Proliant.
- Experience in Servers consolidation and virtualization using VMware virtual infrastructure, VMware ESX 4.0, VMware Vcenter.
- Configuration of NIS, NFS, AutoFSonRed Hat and AIX Servers.
- Pre-Install, configuration and installation of Oracle 10g on veritas cluster nodes.
- System and Network Administration, which include but is not limited to installing Red Hat Linux5.1, AIX5.2, NFS/NIS management and DNS Configuration.
- Installation and configuration of Logical Volume Manager, Veritas cluster Suite.
- Handled System tuning, log maintenance and disk space management.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts for automated installations to extract logs using Bash, Perl, Ksh.
- Implementation on various Red Hat Linux and SAN related requirements of PMR users.
- Installed and configured J2EE Application servers on Linux environments.
- Installed fix packs to overcome Appserver problems and installed IBM HTTP Server.
- Initiated backups on Linux servers using VeritasNetbackup.
- Used unix native backups and restore using ufsdump, ufsrestore& tar commands.
- Remote Server (Linux) Administration for Disaster recovery site.
- Network trouble-shooting using netstat, ifconfig and TCPDUMP.
- Installed application connectivity software to enable IBM print services. Configured and administered firewall rules to effectively monitor system files, port security and network traffic activity coming through the firewall.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of JBOSS on Red Hat Linux servers.
- Installed and configured Sudo for users to access the root privileges.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform clean up of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting and CRON.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-to-day user trouble tickets.
Environment: DELL Poweredge 1650,2850,2950,6400,RHEL 5.1, VCS 5.1 and VERITAS netback up, VMware ESX sever 3.5, SAN switches, EMC Symmetrix, HP Network Node Manager, Web logic 8.1, Websphere, Korn, Bash, Perl.