- Over 7 years of experience in highly available business applications for enterprise customers like Cloud Computing, Linux System administration, Network and Security Management.
- Experience in working with multiple public and private cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Proficient in using Amazon web services such asEC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation etc.
- Expertise in using builds tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef.
- Configured Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) to control security groups and firewall rules and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to control user credentials and roles.
- Experience in real - time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Simple Notification Service.
- Experience in deploying and monitoring applications on various platforms using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) users and groups for improved login authentication.
- Expertise in managing VPC configurations for organizations and maintaining networks and subnet ranges.
- Implemented AWS high-availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones.
- Configured and managed AWS Glacier to move old data to archives, based on retention policy of database/applications.
- Assigned AWS elastic IP addresses to work around host or availability zone failures by quickly re-mapping the address to another running instance.
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services for a multitude of applications utilizing the Amazon services focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and Auto Scaling.
- Ability to design applications on AWS taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of Redhat, CentOS and Ubuntu at multiple data center.
- Experience in creation and managing user accounts, security, disk space and process monitoring in Redhat Linux.
- Installing and upgrading packages, version control and reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Strong scripting skills in Python , Bash , Ruby , and Perl .
- Hands on experience in Chef Enterprise. Installed workstation, bootstrapped nodes, wrote recipes and cookbooks and uploaded them to chef server.
- Utilized Python, Django, jQuery and Java etc. to design server applications and client interfaces.
- Continuous integration, automated deployment and management using Jenkins.
- Experience in writing Bash Shell Scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management.
- Excellent understanding of JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
- Expertise in SonarQube code analysis tool.
- Experience with automated testing tools i.e., Selenium, JUnit/JMeter.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Worked on version controller like GIT, SVN and Perforce.
- Managed GIT version control system in creating branches, tags and merge.
- Knowledge of IP networking (DNS, DHCP, VLAN, BGP), Tunneling, VxLAN, VPN's, load balancing and firewalling.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Infrastructure as Service: AWS, OpenStack
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Knowledge on Openshift
Application Deployment: AWS Toolkit, Visual Studio, UrbanCode
Virtualization Platforms: Vagrant, VirtualBox, VMware
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Knowledge on SaltStack
Build Systems: Maven, Ant, Gradle, NANT
CI Tools: Jenkins, AntHillPro, Bamboo
Application & Web Servers: WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IIS
Version Control: Git, SVN
Scripting Languages: Shell, Ruby, Perl
Logging: Logstash, Splunk
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr. DevOps AWS Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying applications utilizing almost AWS stacks (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloudformation.
- Migrated the current Linux environment ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers for Linux & AIX operating systems. Working onAWS &Open stack cloud to provision new instances. S3 Storage Services. AWS EC2 & Cloud watch services. CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Puppet & Chef. Nagios for application andhardware resource monitoring. Writing new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources
- Built a Lambda function to search for log files in CloudTrail and CloudWatch and sent out the notifications through SNS.
- Processed the continuous data streams in Kinesis using Lambda.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the Devops services, using Puppet/Ansible, shell and python and Ruby scripts.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Used MySQL and DynamoDB to perform basic database administration.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (resource for lambda sensor assembly and support to manufacturing).
- Used GZIP with AWS Cloudfront to forward compressed files to destination node/instances.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB, CloudFront distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration. This script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Configuration tool Installed and configured such as chef server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Installed VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6, vSphere Server and VMware center Server in rack Servers.
- Created Templates for main services like Nova, Swiftand Neutron for reuse the current environment or to easily modify the current environment.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Mavenscripting for Compiling JavaCode, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used CloudTrail to identify behavioral patterns.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, ASP.NET, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Started working GIT repository implementation.
- Defined branching strategies in GIT and implementation of best practices
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Extracted the data from MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server using Sqoop and loaded data into Cassandra.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- CreatingJenkins jobs to publish Sonar metrics.
- DesignedChef recipes and cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using Python.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directories structures and managing containers.
- Collaborated with other developers to handle complicated issues related with deployment of Django based applications.
- Used Docker for local application development and test.
- Administer, secure, and maintain multiple Kubernetes clusters to support a global service.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, & defect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects.
- Execute automated test suites and interpret test results using Selenium.
- User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, VMware, Tomcat Apache, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Azure, Python, Django, VPC, IAM, Nagios, Git, Chef, Linux, Jenkins, Maven.
Confidential, Windsor, CT
Sr. Sr. DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Experience in automated deployment of EC2 instances in data centers and availability zones.
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine access of AWS resources to users. Managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Performed role as Automation Engineer for Developing Build and deploy tool (like Jenkins)
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven& Nexus in Linux environment
- Built CloudFormation Template Library for Security Services such as Encryption, Security Groups, WAF, Logging and Monitoring, Remediation, IAM etc.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Used security groups to develop a logical firewall to ensure high security for control applications.
- Set up Auto Scaling Groups based on memory and CPU to adapt to unforeseen spikes without having an outage or needing manual intervention.
- Secured Cloud Trail logs by applying IAM Policies and Multi-Factor Authentication Delete.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Involved in Devops migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- As a part of Greenfield Implementation improved the functionality of the code to enhance the performance of an application.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet&Chef full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Upgrading the code base to expand the working set of functionality across the board as part of Greenfield implementation.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PAAS, IAAS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Implemented CI and CD for database using Jenkins and UDeploy.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Data Base subnet group for isolation of resources within AWS RDS.
- Used Amazon RDS Multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier for MYSQL workloads.
- Configured S3 Versioning and Life Cycle Policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Trained a group of employees about infrastructure management using AWS Management Console.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Experience working onhub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Configured and administered Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server and to improve reusability for building pipelines.
- Create and maintain automation frameworks using Selenium.
- Hands on experience with Chef in AWS Cloud environment.
- Written Chef cookbooks for various configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration.
- Installed workstation, bootstrapped nodes, wrote recipes, cookbooks, roles and environments and uploaded them to chef server.
- Maintaining the required cookbooks and recipes by downloading the latest versions from SUPERMARKET.
- Designed continuous delivery tools/ configuration management tools like Puppet.
- Installed, configured and managed Puppet Master and Agent.
Environment: AWS(EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, Route 53), Azure, Linux, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Integration of Configuration Management Systems like Ansible with AWS for code deployment.
- Generating audit reports(similar to Trusted Advisor, AWS) for customers to help them in optimizing costs and improve performance/security.
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, Run deck and deployment automation.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, Chef for automatic workflow.
- Creation of data pipelines on AWS to schedule migration of data from SFTP servers to RDS instances.
- Creation of Cloud formation templates for different environments(DEV/stage/prod) to automate Infrastructure(ELB, ASGs, SNS topics, RDS) on click of a button.
- Written Shell script for AWS AMI backups in east and west region which creates AMI with current date and time. It will delete old version and will keep latest AMI versions in both regions.
- Creating S3 buckets and restricting access to buckets and directories to specific IAM users.
- Associating virtual MFA tokens for IAM users for security.
- Extensive experience supporting applications across varied middleware technologies JBoss, WebLogic, Apache on Linux systems.
- Deep scripting exposure, automating deployments on JBoss&WebLogic using Shell and WLST.
- Rich and insightful experience across Incident Management, Change coordination, Release management, Problem Management, ITIL Framework, and Operations Management.
- Hands on expertise in the field of deployment, automation and maintenance of mission critical applications in clustered environment.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible to perform Build operations with ANTScripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Managed GIT, Jenkins, and Nexus. Designed and automated build & release process.
- Installed and configured Chef and have written recipes to automate the administrative tasks.
- Setup Chef Server & Client architecture on RL physical nodes & achieved "one size fit all" approach.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for deployment of build on Amazon EC2 and achieved dynamic provisioning on EC2 with Knife-EC2 plug-in.
- Chef Recipes execution logs are using for debugging of cookbook code (recipes).
- Monitoring of Application & server with Nagios.
- Coded multiple recipes and cookbooks in Chef to administer the node servers and to automate the deployments.
- Involved in Create/Enhance/automate build and deployment processes for each release and upgrade.
- Used Python scripts to install WebLogic server on the server nodes.
- Written Maven/Ant Scripts for Automating end-to-end build process and written Shell scripts for deployments and configuration of WebLogic server for all J2EE applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing the build and deployment issues.
- Administered GIT - proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Worked with the JIRA process and ensured consistency through the testing framework.
Environment: Chef, Kitchen, Vagrant, Git, MAC OSX, Ruby, Bash scripting, AWS EC2, ELB, AWS S3, AWS RDS, Atom, Sensu, Consul, Logstash, Elastic, AWS Cloud Formation templates, Jenkins, AKAMAI, Centos7, Centos6
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Written Chef cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Written several cookbooks which include recipes to perform Installation and Configuration tasks involving JDK, tomcat, WebLogic binaries installation and domain creations.
- Configured complex middleware environments with several variations of tomcat installations consisting of 3-5 instances in each installation.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in writing playbooks for ansible and deploying applications using ansible.
- Guided Scrum teams on Agile/Scrum practices and coach them to achieve higher goals and setup cohesive work environment.
- Written custom resources, created various roles & environments and used chef handlers for various auto kickoff requirement jobs
- Responsibility to maintain the networking form AWS cloud back to on premise connectivity and no direct internet access from AWS cloud VPC to the rest of the world (Internet)
- Worked with Custom AMI's, created AMI tags modified AMI permissions.
- Created Security Groups, configuring Inbound /Outbound rules, creating and importing Key Pairs.
- Leveraged AWS S3 service as Build Artifact repository and created release based buckets to store various modules/branch based artifact storage.
- Experience in Installation of Oracle and MySQL.
- Manage the configurations of more than 40 servers using Chef
- Maintained over 40+ jobs in Jenkins from 8 different Application teams for over 4-5 releases in parallel.
- Managed daily and nightly Integration test builds for Dev Teams sizing up to 15 and ensured the build stabilization for nightly deploys.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and e ensure security of systems.
- Experience in LDAP and Jenkins Integration. Designed and developed integrated solutions through these DevOps tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost-effective delivery of services or fielding of products.
Environment: RationalClearCase, RationalClearQuest, UCM, Shell Scripts, Perl, GIT, ANT, CVS, UNIX, SQL, J2EE, Build Forge, WebSphere and Windows Environment.
- Designed the application using the J2EE design patterns such as Session Façade, Business Delegate, Service Locator, Value Object, Value List Handler, and Singleton. Used a struts framework.
- Developed presentation tier as HTML, JSPs using Struts Framework.
- Developed the middle tier using EJBs, Java Servlets.
- Entity Beans used for accessing data from the Oracle 8i database.
- Developed session, entity beans and message driven beans.
- Prepared high and low level design documents for the business modules for future references and updates.
- Deployed the application in WebLogic application server in development and production environment.
- Participated in discussions on selecting Design Patterns and implementing them.
- Written JUnit Test Cases for testing both the EJB Services.
- Implemented CVS as Version control system.
- Code Walkthrough. /Test cases and Test Plans.