- Over 9+ years of experience in automating, configuring, Implementing CI/CD and deploying instances in the areas of Data Center Operations, Systems Administration, Cloud computing, Software Configuration Management (SCM), orchestration of various environments.
- Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Experience as a Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and release of code from one environment to other environment.
- Familiar with AWS Cloud services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Experience in creating and working with various instances of Linux environments on cloud platform like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Used Ansible Playbooks to automate various deployment tasks.
- Strong knowledge on Ansible Roles, inventory, Ansible Tower, Ansible Galaxy concepts.
- Used Ansible Control server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory.
- Extensively worked with the scripting languages like YAML, Shell Scripting and Python.
- Expertise on all aspects of Chef concepts like Chef server, Workstations, Nodes, Chef Clients and various components like Super Market, Test Kitchen, Food Critic.
- Configured, monitored, distributed multi - platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Used Docker for automating the deployment of applications inside software containers.
- Experience with container based Virtualized deployments using Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in configuring the security and Pipeline jobs in Jenkins.
- Good knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies.
- Strong work experience in deploying the artifacts to Nexus Repository Manager and Artifactory using the scripts of Maven and Ant.
- Expertise in working with Version control systems like Git and Subversion.
- Strong working experience in creating branches, performing Merge operations and creating Tags for the revisions.
- Good experience in analyzing the code quality using SonarQube during the build phase of the Jenkins.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web sphere, JBOSS to deploy code. integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Experience in administering Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance and support.
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- A good team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to rapidly learn new concepts.
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, Perforce.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Repository Manager: NEXUS, Artifactory
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible.
Web Tools: JSP, PHP, XML, Spring Boot.
Databases: MYSQL, NOSQL.
Quality Management Tool: SONARQUBE
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, Jboss
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios.
Cloud: AWS, Microsoft Azure.
Operating systems: Windows, Linux
Linux Environment: Centos, Redhat, Ubuntu
Containerization Tool: Docker, Kubernetes.
Bug tracking tool: JIIRA
Confidential, Sherwood, AR
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Created Cloud Formation (CFT) templates and deployed AWS resources like EC2, Autoscaling, EBS, S3.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autoscaling groups and monitored alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Installed, configured and managed the Ansible Configuration Management Tool and Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for orchestration, provisioning, configuration management and application development.
- Experienced working with Ansible tower to create projects, inventory file, jinja2 templates and scheduling jobs.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances.
- Developed Ansible roles to maintain the large playbooks easily.
- Used the Ansible Galaxy, a shared repository for the roles to download, share and manage the roles.
- Designed Devops workflow for multiple applications by orchestrating Test, Build, Release and Deploy phases through various CI/CD pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible & Cloud formation tools.
- Created inventory and configured the ansible.cfg files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process.
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in multiple environments
- Provided WLST and configured various WebLogic components/services via python script.
- Completely responsible for automated infrastructure provisioning instances using chef .
- Build the deliverable artifacts using Maven as a build tool in Jenkins for Java applications and deploy them to various environments
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts.
- Automated application deployment in cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service Scheduler.
- Used Docker for container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers in Docker registry.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports development, test and production environments.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Interacted with the data warehousing team regarding extracting the data and suggest the standard data format such that Splunk will identify most of the fields.
- Provided ideas and concepts for future software development for build tools and requirements for release activities.
- Used Maven Dependency Management system to deploy the snapshots and release versions of code to the Nexus repository. Created site for the application using the Maven site.
- Managed the Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between the projects.
- Integrated GIT with Jenkins using the GitLab plugin to automate the process of source code check-out by providing the URL and credentials of the GIT repository.
- Assisted developers with appropriate branching and resolved the conflicts related to merging of the source code.
- Used Apache Tomcat as the application server for the deployment of the code on windows and Linux environments.
- Build the artifacts through Jenkins CICD pipeline wherein for every 1-hour triggering Poll SCM in the Build Trigger. Resolved the issues occurred during the build process.
- Used Junit for the unit testing of the application.
- Installed and configured the Nexus Repository Manager for storing the artifacts within the organization.
- Deployed the artifacts stored in the Nexus to the Apache Tomcat Server.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out
- Accomplished the goal of making release management a streamlined process in the project within a short span of time.
- Managed Release issues and risks, escalating to the appropriate levels as needed. Managed multiple environments for various phases of code promotion.
- Improved the productivity and reduced the time utilized for project deliverables by making improvements in the build and release processes.
Tools: Ansible, Shell Scripting, GIT, AWS, Web Logic, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Web sphere, Tomcat, Docker, Splunk.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
DevOps - AWS Engineer
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using AWS (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef server.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Involved in Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Chef.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic installation and creation of profiles.
- Downloaded several Chef cookbooks from the Chef supermarket.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Experience in working with Attributes, Cookbooks, Recipes and Templates in Chef
- Used Chef Configuration management system to develop automation and monitoring web application and database servers.
- Involved in setting up baseline code in GIT, created branches managed parallel development and performed merges and code roll outs
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Implemented Continuous Integration by integrating with different tools like Maven, GIT, Sonarqube, Nexus with Jenkins.
- Deployed the java application into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server,and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Shell, Ruby and Python.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases
- Strengthened the relationship with client by delivering successfully and this helped in moving more project scope to offshore.
Tools: AWS, Chef, Ant, Maven, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat, Jboss, Junit, Cucumber, Ruby, Shell script.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Installed and administered GIT and ensured reliability of application besides working on branching strategies for GIT.
- Configured and deployed GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on Linux environment and implemented a master and slave configuration to run multiple build operations in parallel.
- Hands-on experience configuring workflows, writing jobs in Jenkins for performing automated builds and deployments.
- Managing nightly builds, weekly builds, and feature addition builds using Jenkins.
- Integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like SVN and GIT.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Worked on various POCs to demonstrate the feasibility of implementing CI/CD in various projects.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across project.
- Integrated JIRA with GIT to help the change management process run smoothly.
- Written shell scripts to deploy the Java applications into JBoss application servers.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Performed the integration of Maven and Nexus using the Settings.xml and pom.xml file.
- Scheduled, maintained and distributed the release notes for each release.
- Configuration and clustering of JBoss Application Servers and on web servers running on Tomcat.
- Worked with developers for resolving runtime failures, troubleshoot Build and Deployment Issues, with minimal downtime.
- Experienced administering a large scale distributed application environment.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with QA and engineering teams.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, SVN, CVS, Perl, Shell Script, Maven, JIRA, Jboss, WebLogic.
Build & Release Engineer
- Responsible for Build & Release of applications and writing automation scripts.
- Used Apache Ant to prepare and build war files for java based web applications.
- Developed Ant Scripts and prepared build.xml file to build the applications.
- Migrated the entire source code from CVS to Tortoise SVN and provided controlled access to development and testing teams.
- Worked on SVN for source code management, and implemented branching, tagging, merging, and applying patches while maintaining SVN repositories for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Making daily closing build & weekly build for the application.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for code compilation and deployment process.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failure.
- Installation and Configuration of Jboss and HTTPD servers in production, development, and staging environments.
- Worked on Oracle Database server to created Database, Migrate Data, execute data backup/restoration, shrinking space, etc.
- Installation of Eclipse IBM memory analyzer for monitoring & analysis using of Dumps generated during the time of issue for pin pointing the exact problem.
- Deployed wars in Jboss and tomcat servers in testing, staging and production environments.
- Installed and configured Oracle SOA on WebLogic Server.
- Scripting and scheduling CRON jobs using shell scripting and collecting information for analysis on servers.
- Hands on experience in administration of Linux/windows servers.
- 24/7 client support for quick resolving of issues and tickets related to application.
- Support and advice for issues related to application servers.
- Configured email server to test, if email alerts are being triggered when web service call is successful.
- Developed an application for automating the build and deployment process in various environments using Servlets, JSP, Apache Ant and Linux BASH script.
- Developed a shell script for real time monitoring and reporting of status of the application server JVMs and server machines on the internal network using BASH shell on RHEL.
- Implementation of shell scripts to schedule, monitor, report and enhance performance of servers.
- Prepared installation & troubleshooting manuals, and documented entire implementation.
Environment: ANT, CVS, Tortoise SVN, Perl, Shell Script, Jboss, WebLogic, JVM.
- Configuration management (using Telelogic Synergy) of embedded application
- Build and Release of embedded application and automation using Perl
- Change management using Rational Change
- Administration of CM Synergy and Change Synergy application
- Perform and monitor database backup and retrieval
- Develop and maintain build, task/CR/PR reporting, LOC scripts using Perl
- Maintain multi-site setup including, CR/PR, baselines, tasks, release values, list box values etc.
- Automation of CR/PR (defects in Rational Change) submission, transition and reporting through Excel
Tools: Perl, CM synergy, Telelogic Synergy, Excel