- 8 Years of IT industry experience with focus on Middleware Systems Engineer/Oracle WebLogic ServerAdministration.
- Extensive experience in handling all the aspects of Installation, Configuration and Administration of OracleWebLogic Server versions 8.x./9.x/10.x/11g/12c on Windows, Red Hat LINUX and SUN Solaris operating systems.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting, Load Balancing, Clustering, Deploying Applications, Middleware Performance Tuning and Maintenance of Applicationsand Web servers.
- Extensive experience in setting up MultipleDomains, Configuring, Monitoring, AdministeringAdminServers, Managed Servers, and NodeManager.
- Used WLST to administer and monitor WebLogic Application Server, Performed regular performance tuning and monitoring in WLST.
- Proficient in Shell Scripting and Performance Tuning of UNIX systems with proven skills in UNIX System Administration.
- Well - versed in defining and configuring Application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Applications and EJB’s.
- Configured Virtual Hosts and Work Managers in WebLogic server to manage resources.
- Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintaining admin related files.
- Experience in Administration / Maintenance of source control management systems such as GitHub and Subversion SVN .
- Experience in setting up the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD) for Release Automation of Java and Oracle Fusion Middleware Applications (Oracle ADF, Oracle SOA, OSB)
- Setup ANT script based jobs in Jenkins and Worked with Jenkins Pipelines
- Experience in working with ANT Scripts, MAVEN for deployment and running test suites for various firm wide applications
- Well versed with deployment of J2EE applications such as WAR, JAR, EAR, and RAR in clustered environment using Adminconsole, Shell scripts & WLST scripts.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories from between various version control systems like SVN to Git.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins and Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites
- Experience in working with Software Configuration Management tools - Puppet and Chef
- Expertise in the Administration, Installing, Configuring Servers like Apache 2.0, JBoss 5.0, Tomcat 6/7/8.
- Strongly experienced in the Installation, Configuration and Administration of JBoss Application Server versions 5.x/6.x/7.x.
- Extensive experience in Installing and Monitoring performance parameters through JON 2.4 and JConsole for Jboss.
- Experience in configuring and administering JDBC resources (DataSources, connection pools), JMS resources (Queue, Topic, connection factory) in WebLogic and JBoss .
- Excellent working experience in finding the Memory Leaks and adjusting the JVM Heap Sizes and Garbage Collector Parameters during performance monitoring and performance tuning of WebLogic/JBoss servers.
- Proficient in analyzing Log files such as WebLogic/JBoss server logs, node manager logs and Plug-in logs for troubleshooting and problem determination to resolve issues.
- Created and modified the existing ANT scripts, creation of custom tasks definitions, dependent targets, targets for multiple environments
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tool
- Strongly experienced in the installation, configuration and administration of Apache 2.0 HTTPWeb Server, and Tomcat 6/7/8.
- Extensive Experience in creating and configuring Clustered environments to maintain load balancing and high availability of applications on Oracle WebLogic Server/Tomcat/JBoss.
- Experience in collecting Thread Dump, Heap Dump and analyzing them by coordinating with development team.
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration and deployment of virtual servers through VMWare.
- Experienced in Web Security, Open SSL, SSO, SOAP, SAML 1.1 and Monitoring Tools. Packet traces using Ethereal/Wireshark or equivalent TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Good Experience with Protocols and Utilities like TCP/IP and HTTP/HTTPS.
- Working experience on different Databases like Oracle, DB2, Sybase and SQL Server.
- Experience in 24/7 on-call production support and troubleshooting problems related to OracleWebLogic, Apache, Tomcat and JBoss servers.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
Middleware: Oracle WebLogic Application Server 8.x./9.x/10.x/11g/12c, Apache-HTTP Server 2.0/2.2/5.x, Apache Tomcat 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBoss 4.x/5.x/6.x Oracle RAC, Sun One Webserver 6.x (iPlanet 6.0), MS IIS server 4.x/5.1/6.0, IBM MQ-series, MySQL
Programming Languages: C++, SQL, PL-SQL, Java
Operating Systems: UNIX, Solaris, Red Hat LINUX, HP-UX, Unix-AIX, Windows 98/2000/NT/XP/VISTA.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JMX, EJB and Applets.
Web Technologies: JDK 1.4/5/6, HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX, Eclipse.
Performance Monitoring & Testing Tools: Wily Introscope, JMeter, JProbe, Mercury Load Runner, Grinder, Samurai, Oracle Identity Management, RSA Access Manager and Identity Manager, TDA, Sitescope
Scripting Languages: WLST, UNIX Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, C and Bash), LINUX, Perl Scripting, PHP Scripting, ANT Scripts.
Packages: JDK 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/6, JSDK 2.0, J2EE
IDE s/Utilities: Eclipse, Oracle WebLogic Workshop, MS Visual Studio 2005, SSH, OpenSSL, Putty, and WLST.
Database: Pointbase, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/10.x, MS SQL Server, My SQL, MS Access and DB2.
Networking & Protocols: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, ARP, SSL, IDM 6.0 and 7.0
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, AWS, Amazon EC2
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Version Controlling Tools: Subversion, Perforce, GIT,CVS
Other Tools: Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, MS Office.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. Middleware/DevOps Engineer
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration process and to execute test cases.
- Worked with the Amazon AWS EC2, S3, Glacier, IAM and VPC services
- Responsible for operational support activities to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual private cloud and public cloud.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in S3 using S3 CLI tools
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Set up the Jenkins CI/CD process for over 60+ applications and Jenkins master slaves for the entire CI/CD infrastructure
- Experience in maintaining, executing, and scheduling build scripts to automate DEV/QA/UAT builds.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Java based applications using custom ANT Scripts
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines, ANT, MAVEN.
- Deployed JAR, WAR & EAR files in Weblogic 11g/12c, JBOSS 4.2/5.0.1/5.1.0/6.2/6.4 and SJSAS 9.1 application servers hosting clustered environments.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to WebLogic server using Jenkins builds
- Created Jython and Weblogic WLST scripts to automate the deployment process
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects.
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Worked on customization of existing Python scripts of some of the internal applications.
- Worked on configuring the Apache Tomcat for Java applications deployment.
- Worked on extending the Python WLST scripts for WebLogic server.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Worked with SVN and GIT version controls.
- Setting up new development branches, merging branches, facilitating the releases.
- Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Managing the database DDL, DML scripts in SVN and GIT.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon WebServices.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts.
- Worked with the RHEL for enterprise environment and CentOS for the POC environment
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in multiple environments.
- Experience in creating users, groups and roles in LDAP server
- Experience in writing the re-write rules in Apache HTTP Server Version 2.0
- Setup the JMS and JNDI on the WebLogic servers
- Created multiple Python, Perl and UNIX shell scripts for various application level tasks
- Experience in working with various authentication providers in the Weblogic application server environment
Environment: Tortoise SVN, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, AWS, OpenStack, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Chef, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, Sonar, UNIX, JIRA, Ansible, Jython, GIT, Jython.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Middleware/DevOps Engineer
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures using agile/scrum.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies for different parallel development teams
- Designed and implemented Subversion and CVS metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/CVS.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins and Hudson for Continuous Integration, and also documented the process
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Configured JDBC and JMS Queues in Weblogic 9.2/10.3/11g/12c, JBOSS 4.2/5.0.1 EAP.
- Worked on Nexus repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Coordinated the Development Team, QC and Application Support in Deploying the Code to the right System Test Environment using Hudson Tool.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the CD
- Involved in Development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins and GITHub.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring SVN repositories.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Managed SVN branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Integrated Eclipse with Selenium Server for doing the automated smoke testing of the application standalone URL’s related to deployed package after the build and deployment process.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Clear Case, Clear Quest, UNIX, Junit, Chef, Puppet, Apache, AWS, GIT Hub, SVN, HudsonConfidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Sr. Middleware/ JBoss Administrator
- Installation, Configuration & Administration of Clustered WebLogic Server 10.x/11.x/12c on Production Environment.
- Creation of WebLogic domains and setting up Admin & Managed servers for JAVA/J2EE applications on test and production environments.
- Installation, configuring and monitoring of JBoss 6.1 servers and integrated SunOne Web Server to work with the Application Server.
- Deployed the EAR, JAR, WAR applications on multiple WebLogic Server Instances and JBoss servers.
- Involved in working with Load balancing/Firewall to achieve failover and high availability.
- Configured JMS resources Queues, Topics, and JDBC connection pools and data sources for WebLogic/JBoss server instances.
- Configuration of Horizontal and Vertical Clusters.
- Created Domain Templates to replicate the environment on new WebLogic/JBoss servers.
- Worked with WLST scripts and Shell Scripts to automate frequently done tasks like deployments.
- Experienced in analysis of thread dumps, core dumps, server hang and high CPU utilization conditions in WebLogic and JBoss.
- Optimizing the memory usage by tuning Garbage Collection.
- Monitoring WebLogic /JBoss Server health and security.
- Analyzed Log files such as WebLogic/JBoss server logs, node manager logs, Plug-in logs and thread dumps for troubleshooting and Problem determination to resolve issues.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic/JBoss Application Servers.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache 2.2 and Tomcat 7/8 on Linux.
- Installed and configured HTTP Proxy Plug-ins on Apache Web Server to send traffic to request dynamic content from WebLogic Application servers.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption.
- Configured LDAP using Active Directory for user authentication and authorization .
- Installed, configured and deployed virtual servers through VMWare on Windows environment.
- Installed and configured Jrockit Mission Control (JRMC) in production environment to monitor system critical parameters such as garbage collection, memory leaks, CPU utilization, file/network I/O.
- Responsible for 24x7 production support of mission critical applications running on WebLogic and Apache/Tomcat Middleware.
Environment: WebLogic 10.x/11.x/12c, JBoss 6.1, Apache 2.2, Oracle Jrockit 6, VMware, JDK, J2EE, JDBC, Tomcat 7/8, Red Hat Linux, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Installed, Configured and Administered WebLogic 8.1/10.0 in clustered environments.
- Responsible for handling the Support Incident Database - the online ticketing system.
- Configured domains, clusters, JDBC Connection Pools, Data sources, JMS Servers.
- Deployment and troubleshooting of JAR, WAR, and EAR files in clustered environment.
- Comfortable in monitoring mission critical applications using tools like Introscope and Sitescope.
- Design, Configuration and Testing of IBM MQ 6.0 Series as a foreign JMS with WebLogic Server.
- Configured LDAP using Netscape directory Server for user authentication.
- Used config wizard extensively to create and manage WebLogic domains.
- Installed the WebLogic Service Packs, WebLogic Patches.
- Involved in Migrating the setup from WebLogic 8.1 -> 10.0.
- Configured the reliable HTTP Session management for clustered applications, DNS, FTP and Virtual hosts.
- Installed and Configured Sun One Web Server 6.1 to proxy with WebLogic Server.
- Worked with Remedy change management tool to increase the availability of business critical systems and speed the implementation of changes.
- Provided backup and also provided the recovery steps for protection from the most common failure scenarios.
- Installed and configured JBoss 4 and integrated Apache Web Server to work with the Application Server.
- Configured BIG IP F5 Load balancer to provide high scalability, availability and reliability.
- Managed the software release and control the source code on UNIX (Solaris) using Clear Case.
- Typical troubleshooting involved like monitoring the error logs, finding the root cause of the problem and fixing it.
- Deployed and undeployed both JBoss services and custom applications.
- Implemented the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to enhance the team productivity and to effectively use UML.
- Successfully deployed Oracle IDM on JBoss 4/Oracle 10g to manage the identities of employees.
- Renewed WebLogic certificates, also installed the new certificates for the newly created regions.
- Developed scripts for automatic startup and shutdown of Admin Server and Managed Servers.
- Actively handling the on-call pager for Production-related issues on weekly rotations within the team.
- Tuned TCP/IP, JVM’s, Garbage Collections, Java Stack and Native Thread.
- Resolved complex issues related to subsystems such as Plug-ins, Security, JDBC, Clusters, EJB, Web Apps, Mail Session, XML registries, JMS, Server and Domain Migrations and JDBC Drivers.
- Gained vast experience working with different teams like Apache, Siteminder, UNIX, Monitoring, LDAP, JMS, Tibco, and DBA teams.
Environment: WebLogic 9.2/10.3.1, Apache 2.x Server, IBM IHS, IIS, SUNONE, Tomcat 5, SQL Server 2000, Red Hat Linux, Windows 2000, Solaris9, Linux, F5 Load Balancer, Oracle 9i, JDK 1.5,HTML, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, SNMP, JTA, Spotlight, Site Minder, ANT, UNIX.
Application support/System Administrator
- Installation, Configuring and troubleshooting the WebLogic Application Servers 10.x
- Application Deployment on BEA WebLogic 10.1 on a single Server and a cluster of Servers.
- Worked on Red Hat Enterprise 3 platform and Sun Solaris one.
- Configuring Clusters on WebLogic using the WebLogic Console.
- Performed hot deployment of application on WebLogic7.0and 8.1.
- Configuring database connectivity using JDBC and Configured WebLogic Virtual hosts
- Configured SSL communication between AdminServer and NodeManager
- Performed analysis Memory Leaks, JVM heap settings and tuning.
- Installed and configured Apache 1.3 as plug-in on UNIX environment and deployed applications.
- Involved in Supporting Ldap, iPlanet, WebLogic Applications, Sales Tools.
- Working closely with designers, developers and partners.
- Installed, configured and maintained iPlanet webserver on Solaris 2.x.
- Trouble shot network problems between servers (clustering fail over issues).
- Designing, testing and realizing wide range of services based on latest technologies.
- Migration of application from WebLogic 8.1 Installation and administration of WebLogic.
- Installation of SUN Solaris-2.x, 8 on Sun Boxes Building a development, testing, staging Environment.
- Configuring database connectivity using JDBC and Configured WebLogic Virtual hosts.
- Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance by tuning WebLogic Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools .
- Communicating, escalating and resolving problems in the integration, staging & production environments.
- Creating new file system, permitting user to mount file system, monitoring free space, disk usage, locating files, checking & clearing log files, administration and monitoring of disk based file system.
- Involved in 24/7 support for production environments.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic Server 10.x, Apache 1.3, Sun Solaris-2.x, Directory Server 5.0, J2EE, Oracle 9i/10g, Jprobe, wlst, Ant, SQL.