- Fully responsible for AWS infrastructure services, AWS processes, AWS architecture, implementing AWS Hybrid, AWS VPC, AWS EMR, AWS ECS, AWS EC2, CLI & Python, Cloud API (boto3), Cloud Front, Auto Scaling, Cloud watch and management solutions, Redshift Architecture, ELB.
- Played a key role in implementing Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Auto Scaling and Redshift Architecture.
- Improved infrastructure design and approaches of different projects in the Cloud platform like Amazon Web Services (AWS) by configuring the Security Groups, Elastic IP's and storage on S3 Buckets.
- Deployed and configured Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools ELK, Splunk, Nagios and Cloud watch.
- Pretty good experience in Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and Third - party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Working knowledge of Azure Fabric, Micro services, IoT & Docker containers in Azure and involved in setting up Terraform continuous build integration system.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform along with Ansible to render templates and Murano with Heat Orchestration templates in Open stack Environment.
- Implemented the supporting platform for Open Stack infrastructure on the cloud that all services and applications will rely upon.
- Experience in Implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the GCP platform
- Performed cloud management architecture with Vcloud and Vrealize.
- Experience in configuration management tools Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in configuring Chef Server Enterprise on premise /workstation /bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef Recipes/Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Proficiency in writing automation scripts using Shell, PowerShell in Puppet to support infrastructure as code and continuous deployment.
- Automated to manage tens of thousands of VMs across multiple cloud platforms using Puppet
- Experianced in created the Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Very good knowledge in using Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu instances through SWARM Cluster and automated application deployment in cloud using Docker HUB, Docker Swarm, and Vagrant.
- Continuous Architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed service based architecture utilizing Docker/Kubernetes Technologies.
- Good working Knowledge in CloudBees, OpenShift and Whitehat, RabbitMQ.
- Experience working with the Openshift Enterprise which allows developers to quickly develop, host and scale applications in a self-manage cloud environment
- POC using newer technology (Jenkins CI/CD) with OpenShift, Mesosphere integration and testing for feasibility.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR & EAR from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensive knowledge and administration experience in JIRA and knowledge on other Atlassian products like Source Tree, Bamboo.
- Setup code repositories like SVN, GIT, and TFS and managed plugins for Jenkins for scheduled automatic checkout of code.
- Worked on version control systems like Subversion, GIT by using source code management client tools such as SVN, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI, Git Lab and other command line applications.
- Experienced in monitoring tools like Nagios, Pager duty, Riemann.io, Cacti, Cloud Watch. Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation.
- Responsible for creating day to day documentation of the Terraform Infrastructure in Confluence, which then allowed for the rest of the team members to follow in the same footsteps.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Experienced in Network installation and configuration and Troubleshooting general TCP/IP/DNS, UDP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SSL, SFTP, SMTP, SNMP and Network problems switches and port.
- Automated the installs using Jumpstart and Kickstart and building post install scripts using Shell/Bash scripting in SUN Solaris and RHEL servers.
- Extensive experience in LINUX/UNIX System Administration, RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU, WINDOWS, SOLARIS, SUSE, VMware, vSphere and with networking, support, installations, upgrades, patches, migration and troubleshooting.
Cloud: AWS, Google Cloud Platform(GCP), OpenStack, Microsoft Azure.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo.
Build tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Version Control Tools: GIT, Subversion, CVS, Bit Bucket.
Continuous monitoring: Nagios, Splunk, (Grafana, Prometheus).
Languages: C, JAVA (IDE Eclipse, NetBeans)
Databases: My SQL, Bigdata, MS Access, Oracle 11g/12g, NoSQL (Cassandra DB, etc.), DynamoDB, DB2, RDS, MongoDB, Cassandra DB
Application Servers: Web Logic Application server 9.x, 10.x, JBoss 4.22, Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8. x.
Web servers: APACHE HTTP 2.x, 3.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Nginx.
Containerization Tools: Docker, LXC (Linux Containers), Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CentOS 6, 7, Ubuntu 12/13/14& SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, SLES 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12, Windows NT / 2000/2003/2007, DEBIAN.
Scripting: Bash/Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, Bourne, Node.js, Power shell.
Virtualization Tech: VMware, vSphere, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual Box, Citrix Xen, KVM, Vagrant.
Networking/protocol: DNS, DHCP, CISCO Routers/Switches, Palo alto, WAN, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, Juniper, Cisco.
Volume Manager: VERITAS Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager, LVM with Linux, AIX-LVM
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Highly skilled in Configuring and administering AWS like EC2 instances, EBS volumes and snapshots, AMI's, Security Groups, Elastic IP's (EIP), Key pairs, Auto scaling, Elastic load balancing, AWS Cloud Formation and Amazon Cloud watch for different zones.
- Experience in handling Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto Scaling and Cloud Formation scripts.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53 Managing users and groups using the amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Designed, configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HDInsight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Configured BGP routes to enable Express Route connections between on premise data centers and Azure cloud.
- Designed User Defined Routes with custom route tables for specific cases to force tunneling to the Internet via On-premise network and control use of virtual appliances in the customer's Azure environment.
- Maintained and developed docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written java services running in Google Cloud (GCP).
- Used Terraform for automating VPC's, ELB's, Security Groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Used Terraform to manage the AWS and other cloud infrastructure. Managed servers using configuration management products like Chef or Puppet.
- Architected and designed Rapid deployment method using Chef and Ansible to auto deploy servers as needed.
- Involved in migrating Puppet to Ansible for configuration management. Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers and created inventory in Ansible for automating continuous deployment and written playbooks using YAML Scripting.
- Configured Chef Server Enterprise on premise /workstation /bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef Recipes/Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Used Ansible to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools ELK, Splunk, Nagios and Cloud watch.
- Solutions involved logging with ELK and Splunk, custom build packs, service-to-service security, and other common issues faced when PCF is involved in a large-scale digital transformation
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and Elasticsearch, Kibana and Log stash (ELK).
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker, create the Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx
- Used Docker to run and deploy the application in multiple containers Docker Swarm, Docker Weave for auto discovery.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, Config Maps and deployments.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in VMware Cloud .
- Excellent knowledge on build and deployments with AEM projects and worked on tools like Maven, Git Hub/Bit Bucket, SVN source control, making builds and deployments.
- Expertise in User management and Plugin management for Jenkins and Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a Master and Slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Extensively worked on, Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments and for creating CI Pipelines and later integrating Jenkins with other tools and created jobs that triggered when an Artifact is pushed for deployments in DEV, QA and PROD Environments.
- Has experience in Bash and Python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX, and Windows - Batch, Shell /Bash script.
- Extensive experience in LINUX/Unix System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 5.0, 6.0, 7.0.
- File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
ENVIRONMENT: Elastic load balancer, S3, Cloud watch, IAM, RDS, Storage gateway, Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, Puppet, Chef, Bit bucket, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, 6 CentOS, AIX 5/6,HP-UX,SUSE 10, Windows, Shell Scripting, NFS, Samba, Puppet, Nagios, Ruby, Python, Web Sphere, DNS, Apache, KVM, Adobe Life Cycle, Dell, HP ProLiant server, MYSQL, 3 par, Oracle11g/12g, ISILON storage.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Created AWS RDS MYSQL DB cluster and connected to database through the AWS RDS MYSQL DB instance using the console.
- Applied AWS DMS tools to migrate on-premises databases to cloud.
- Implemented the supporting platform for Open Stack infrastructure on the cloud that all services and applications will rely upon.
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front Distribution, database, EC2 and Database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this Script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Troubleshooted and monitored of various proprietary Acxiom and Third-party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Experience with container based Virtualized deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Created Chef cookbooks manifests and modules to automate system operations for managing complex infrastructure in a transparent way.
- Created Chef Repository and worked on developing cookbooks. Manage configuration of Web App and deploy AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Roll out Chef to all servers used Chef Node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, backups and used Chef and other configuration tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment into Tomcat/Web Sphere Application Servers, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time. Integrated builds with Code Quality Tools like Cobertura, PMD and Find bugs.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server and used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS. Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated with Jenkins.
- Worked with various DevOps tools: SVN and GIT for Version/Source control, Jenkins, Maven for Build Management, and Nagios for monitoring and Splunk for Log Management.
- Worked on creating repositories in Git Stash for multiple applications Configured Git repositories in CI setup in Jenkins.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support activities for different projects. Responsible for design, maintenance, and support of GIT repositories, and views. Created featured, develop, release branches in Bit Bucket (Git) for different application to support releases and CI builds.
- Developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Open stack(Horizon), Vagrant and Simple UI(Jenkins).
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool like OpsWork-Chef, Puppet to provision.
- Headed Proof-of-Concepts (POC) on Splunk implementation, mentored and guided other team members on Understanding the use case of Splunk.
- Created Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonarqube, Nexus.
- Migrated ANT projects into MAVEN projects and written MAVEN POM.xml files from the scratch for multi module projects.
- Installed, upgraded and configured RedHat Linux 5.x and 6.x using Kickstart installation and SUSE Linux Servers manually as well as using System Imager and updating using YUM and worked on upgrading and configuring SGI Servers.
- Migrated VCS, Oracle RAC and Redhat Clusters with GFS (Global File Systems) servers across the Data Center, which includes Configuring of new IP, VIP and Private IP.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Troubleshooted and administered High Availability using Redhat Cluster, VERITAS Cluster Server on various business critical database & application production servers.
ENVIRONMENT: Elastic load balancer, S3, Cloud watch, IAM, RDS, Storage gateway, Shell Scripting, Puppet, Chef, Bit bucket, Jira, Python, Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, Oracle, Jenkins, Ruby, Maven, Git, Ubuntu, Centos. Red Hat Enterprise Server (RHEL 5, 6 and RHEL 7), HPUX-11i, 11.x, 10.x,EMC Power path, Oracle RAC, Perl scripting, VMware ESX Server, Qlogic, Emulex, DELL Power Edge 2850, 2950, 6850, 6950, HP DL 585, 380, 385, SE 1210, HP Blade servers
Sr. DevOps Administrator
Confidential, Essendant, IL
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Anthill Pro for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifact.
- Experience in setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs Jenkins and Hudson. Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Worked on version control tool GIT to assist developers and programmers in branching, merging and revert code.
- Maintenance of documented modules, manifests, Hiera configurations and Git repositories for Puppet Enterprise on RHEL platforms.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, Nolio agents, MSSQL, SonarQube, Nexus etc. these modules are designed to work on Linux platforms.
- Implemented continuous integration web hooks and workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment for servers, creating on custom scripts and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios with Puppet automation.
- Using Nagios for monitoring network/infrastructure and alerting for web applications and services.
- Experience in monitoring of servers using monitoring tools Nagios Bladelogic.
- Importing the data in Splunk through inputs.conf, props.conf and transforms.confm .
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including ANT build.xml.
- Participated in migration from ANT to Maven for all development teams within the company.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven Involved in building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project.
- Installed, upgraded & configured RHEL 4.x using Kickstart and Jumpstart Installation respectively.
- Configured Printers, Print Server and Print Clients using commands like lp, lpstat, lpadmin, lpfilter &GUI.
- Managed disk operations, disk group operations, volume operations and volume configurations using vxdisk, vxdg, vxassist, vxmake and vxvol in VERITAS Volume Manager.
- Deployed Portlets manually using Admin Console.
- Good knowledge of Hummingbird connectivity V7.1 in order to Administer and Manage Network Applications and Services like NFS.
- DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS and Samba configured and administered in Red Hat Linux.
- Configured Kickstart servers and booted the images using PXE in Red Hat Linux and used Red hat Satellite server extensively.
ENVIRONMENT: JENKINS, GIT, SVN, SPLUNK, LINUX, CHEF, ANT, MAVEN, RHEL 6.x, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, AIX, VMware, New relic, RHEL 4.x, Windows NT, weblogic 9.0/8.1, Logical Volume Manager.
Sr. Linux Administrator
- System Installation and configuration (RHEL, Solaris, Windows Servers)
- Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Account, user &group administration, Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- System performance monitoring, tuning and log management
- TCP/IP Networking, Troubleshooting and Linux Network Administration
- Worked closely with network/incident analysts and IC analysts to monitor current attack and threat information to identify.
- Installation, Configuration, support and security implementation on various services like DHCP, SSH, NFS, SAMBA, DNS, HTTPD, SEND MAIL.
- Performed OS installations, OS Upgrades, and Server Patching by configuring PXE and DHCP server using Kickstart Configuration and by using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Implemented and configured brand new VMware virtual infrastructure cluster running on servers and on storage array.
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with JBoss servers.
- Installation and configuration of database systems e.g. MySQL, Oracle 11g/12g.
- Involved in creating virtual machine using Oracle Virtual Manager, Creating server pool, VM Cloning.
- System monitoring and remote connection management using telnet and SSH connections.
- Experience in setup Storage area Network (SAN) and NAS and file system backup and restore.
- 24x7 on-call rotation for support of production systems.
ENVIRONMENT: Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4), Oracle 11g/12g, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, Apache, POSTFIX, POP3, SMTP, MySQL, Oracle11g/12g, VMware
- Installed and Configured RHEL 3.x & 4.x as well as administration of kickstart.
- Day-to-day maintenance of our IBM servers as well as deployment and upgrades of current production servers to RHEL4.
- Implemented Xen and VMware environments.
- Management of users using NIS.
- Package management using RPM and errata using UP2DATE.
- Performed Kernel upgrades and configuration and used Bourne shell for scripting.
- Trouble shooting the problems regarding NIS, DNS, SAMBA and DFS.
- Configured and maintained system security using IPTABLES and TCPWRAPPERS.
- Mounting, un-mounting, Partitioning and creating new file systems.
- Implemented mail server with send-mail servers.
- Installed RHEL 3&4 on HP Blade BL20p servers.
- Setup Linux workstations with hardware and software RAIDs and implement LVM. Configure and maintain clustered RAID subsystems.
- Creation of CRON tabs and scheduling tasks.
- Automate garbage and cache management using Run-Deck job scheduler and cronjobs on AEM 6.2 interface.
- Maintained uptime of production servers in 24x7 environments.
ENVIRONMENT: RHEL 3.x,4.x, VMware, Windows Server 2003, NIS, DNS, SAMBA, RAID, LVM, MSSQL, Dell PowerEdge and HP Proliant Servers and Blades