- Around 8 years of IT experience comprising of Linux Systems Administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM). Extensive experience includes DevOps Build/Release Management and Cloud Management using AWS.
- Primary duties include automating processes to achieve Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) for deploying various applications by integrating tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Apache, Docker, Chef/Ansible, Jira, Nexus various testing frameworks like Junit, various app servers like WebLogic/WebSphere/JBoss along with establishing processes for code promotion within the Enterprise to move code across Dev, QA, SIT, Stage and Prod Environments.
- Experienced in working on both On - Premise and Cloud (AWS) platforms utilizing DevOps/Agile operational processes.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud utilizing various services like EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto-Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront & DirectConnect and other services of AWS family.
- Built and configured a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public & Private Subnets, inbound & outbound Security Groups, Route Tables, and Elastic Load Balancer.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and configured to trigger, to run code using S3 and SNS.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as, infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Experienced in creating and designing the Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets for deployment of Web application and database templates.
- Designed and distribution of data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and experienced in automating the infrastructure using Terraform in AWS console.
- Performed application migration to Docker and containers for various projects and established the use of Blue/Green Deployments, Load Balancers and AWS EC2 spot instances.
- Experience in Automating Continuous Deployment and Testing pipelines in SDLC , continuous delivery strategy using blue/green (zero downtime) deployment.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Knowledge in Building/Maintaining Docker container based clusters managed by Kubernetes using OpenShift container management platform, and Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Worked with Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling and management of mobile and web containerized applications.
- Coordinated/assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and GIT source control tools.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for building deployable artifacts such as WAR/EAR from source code.
- Installed, configured, and administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines in a Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery environment.
- Created Jenkins Jobs for Builds and Deployments, and installed several plugins to support multiple tools required for the implementation of projects.
- Extensive experience on Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo for continuous integration and end to end automation of all builds and deployments.
- Modularized unstructured Ant / Maven scripts and utilized properties Jenkinsfile for reducing the complexity and making it more manageable.
- Created and deployed a tool to automate branch and project creation in GIT using Groovy in Jenkinsfile and Automating with Chef.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes using Knife, wrote Recipes and Cookbooks, and uploaded them to Chef-Server.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, DataBags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Worked extensively on Ansible automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, Intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
- Experienced in developing Ansible roles and Ansible Playbooks for the server configuration.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbook .
- Experienced working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases.
- Excellent knowledge on Java/J2EE and developing Ruby, Shell/bash, XML, HTML, and Perl Scripts for automations.
- Experienced using RPMs to effectively package the applications for product deployments.
- Experienced in using Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity and proficient in multiple databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ORACLE.
- Experienced in Virtualization technologies VMWare, Virtual box, Vagrant for creating virtual machines and provisioning environments.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource/Network Monitoring, and Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experienced with monitoring/graphing tools including InfluxDB/OpenTSDB, Grafana, and ELK stack.
- Experience in Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for centralized logging and then store logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Worked on Group/User administration, Startup & Shutdown Scripts, Crontabs, File System Maintenance, Backup Scripts and Automation, Package management.
- Strong comprehension of central advancements like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, system administration and security best practices and capable chipping away at Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience in System Administration on various platforms which includes Red hat Linux, Solaris, SUSE Linux, CentOS, Windows environments, VMware ESX/ESXi and VMware vSphere.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
- Familiar with Atlassian tool stack such as Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket, confluence and Hipchat.
Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x,7.x), WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/ VISTA/7, UNIX - Sun Solaris, Ubuntu 12.x,13.x,14.x,15.x
Scripting languages: Shell, RUBY, PERL, POWERSHELL, Python.
Version Controllers: Subversion, GIT, CVS, RTC
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
Web/Application Servers: Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat5.5/6.0/7.0, WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE, Nginx, JBOSSNetwork Services: TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g,11g, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google cloud, OpenStack
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, New Relic
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Clear quest.
Container Management: Docker Engine, Kubernetes, OpenShift
Orchestration Platforms: Kubernetes, Apache Mesos
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, GitHub, Kubernetes, EC2, S3, IAM, Dynamo DB, ELB, Amazon Glacier, Python, Azure, OpenShift, AWS Route53, Cloud Watch, Jira, Hobson, Confluence, Splunk, MySQL, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, Ansible, ELK, Nagios, Perl, BASH, KSH, Power Shell.
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, Redhat and Ubuntu.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using virtual private cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Maintained DNS records using Route53. Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP’s.
- Launched Database for MySQL and Oracle using RDS in multiple Available zones, have setup monitoring for CPU Utilization and limited DB connections by implementing alarms using Cloud watch.
- Empowered cloud Watch alerts utilizing custom scripts to screen host and OS level measurements and conveying the measurements to CloudWatch dashboard.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates, Python, Ruby, Chef, Vagrant. Chef for configuration management of virtual environments, and Vagrant for virtual machine and resource.
- Manipulated Cloud Formation Templates, upload to S3 Service and automatically deploy into an entire environment.
- Deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container Orchestration.
- Auto scaling of Web Application instances based on the Cloud watch alarms during sudden increase in network traffic.
- Developed Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, RDS EC2 instances, ELB and other services.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Used Bash and Python, to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMI’s and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Automated EBS snapshots job (daily and monthly) based on TAG on EBS volume using AWS CLI tool.
- Worked on POC to migrate to Windows Azure to address scalability and performance issues.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of application s utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure SQL DW, Cloud Services, and ARM, focusing on high-availability, Disaster Recovery, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Transferred the data from on premises to Azure cloud using Talented jobs with Hybrid systems.
- Maintained and developed docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written java services, running in Google Cloud (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Designed, deployed, and maintenance of a full stack Kubernetes environment, running on Google Cloud Platform.
- Worked with Docker containers which are lightweight and fast for reducing the cycle time of development, testing, and deployment.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Executed Kubernetes locally with MiniKube, Created local clusters and deployable application containers.
- Used GIT branching methodologies, merging and tagging to facilitate defect/change management in conjunction within projects across the organization.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins and maven as build framework tools and also Integrated Docker build as a part of Continuous Integration process and deployed local Registry server.
- Installed and Maintained Chef DK for storing cookbooks and in documenting the pattern and use of Delivery CLI to automate the adeptness in Chef, and maintaining and accessing the infrastructure through Chef Compliance and Inspect the node to test the infrastructure by specifying the policies to follow.
- Created Chef Cookbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and used GZIP to forward compressed files to destination node/instances.
- Created Ansible playbooks for apache tomcat to deploy static and dynamic content.
- Integrated Ansible Tower with Jenkins to deploy code to different servers to build auto scaled systems.
- Maintained the log archives using CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and LogStash.
- Eliminated extended downtime of network and processes by installing and configuring a Nagios server to monitor Windows/Linux servers.
- Logging Server Remotely using NGINX proxy server. To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elastic Search, Log stash, Kibana).
- Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Extensive experience in writing various Automation Scripts to automate manual tasks, deploy applications, application build scripts/versioning etc. using many popular open source libraries with different languages like Shell, Perl and Python based scripting.
Confidential, Uniondale, NY
DevOps/Cloud Automation Engineer
Environment: SVN, GIT, Chef, Ansible, Ruby Scripting, Nginx, EC2, VPC, Dynamo DB, Aurora, Cassandra, Amazon management console, CLI, Jenkins, Poll SCM, Splunk.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Migrated Virtual Machines in Existing Datacenters to AWS infrastructure by using core AWS Services like EC2 instances by creating custom images for VM’s, setting up Security groups, ElasticIP’s, S3 Buckets, Elastic load balancing and VPC’s.
- Created and designed Cloud migration strategies, delivery architecture, migration plans, run books and Orchestration.
- Work with multiple, concurrent, teams for the migration and re-hosting of applications.
- Created AWS RDS and DynamoDB databases, performed monitoring and restoring of AWS RDS and DynamoDB databases. Performed migration of Microsoft SQL server, MariaDB, PostgreSQL to RDS and MongoDB, Cassandra to DynamoDB.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to automate in AWS services like Launching EC2, Provisioning IAM, Configuring VPC, EBS, Monitoring using CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Utilize Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Developed several automation AWS CLI python programs to launch and monitor AMI usage with the various accounts VPC.
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Used Jenkins and Pipelines to drive all micro services builds out and then deployed into cloud.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Git Stash Repositories, views and the access. Used automated code check-outs in Git and created branches.
- Implemented and Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Maintained settings.xml in Maven for permissions to users and deploying the artifacts directly to Nexus Repository.
- Utilized Jenkins CloudBees for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments checking out code from SVN/GIT and use ANT/Maven to Build war/jar artifacts.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end products configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal and written recipes and cookbooks for configuring server side through Chef.
- Utilized Configuration Management tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Incorporated Ansible and Vagrant to provision testing environments and model network configuration changes.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment.
- Built provisioning engine that utilizes Ansible to implement deployments to multiple platforms including VMware and AWS.
- Created Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for orchestration, provisioning, configuration management and application development of LAMP stack.
- Installed Ansible Tower and wrote playbooks, created roles to rollout configurations to different environments.
- Standardize Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance in Linux and windows platforms. Create rolled based AD access for Splunk.
- Installed and configured Splunk for log monitoring and forwarded system stats to Splunk indexer, created dashboards and alerts using this data.
- Implement monitoring solutions Zabbix to monitor health of systems and generate proactive alerts for systems entering a degraded state.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, Power Shell, Python and Run deck.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nginx and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and take action on what's important, and stayed up to date with what's going on around the project.
- Worked with DBA to identify the Database changes and monitor them to go with the Scheduled builds during the build process.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Environment: Agile Methodology, GIT, Git Hub, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere,Maven, JBOSS Application Servers, Chef, Puppet, puppet modules, Chef server, Chef Solo, AWS EC2, Python, Power Shell, Amazon Linux, RHEL, Elastic IP’s, Docker, Docker, Container, HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Secure Shell (SSH)
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Setup and launch Amazon Linux and RHEL and Windows EC2 instances, network interface with Elastic IP's.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure in various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud formation JSON templates.
- Configured and managing security groups and VPC.
- Worked on GitHub for code check-ins/checkouts and branching etc.
- Involved in Setting up Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins and responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Worked extensively with MAVEN build tools for writing pom.xml files respectively.
- Managed Nexus repositories to download the artifacts (jar, war & ear) during the build.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Puppet in Linux environment.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins and MSSQL.
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances using Nagios and configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation
- Created and developed Puppet Modules for instance automation: self-provisioning, configuration and maintenance, migrations to new servers from exiting code repository.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Worked on deploying WAR, JAR, and EAR files in Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss application servers in Linux/Unix/Windows environment.
- Ensured automatic startup of different services by using chkconfig.
- Created and maintained Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application server.
- Installed and administrated JIRA and Confluence in Integration environment and QA environment.
- High exposure to REMEDY, BUGZILLA and JIRA defect tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change management.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
Build Release Engineer
Environment: SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Nexus Repository, Selenium Testing, SDLC, Apache Tomcat web application server, WebSphere Application Server 5.0, Java, .Net, Build artifacts (war and ear), Web Logic server, WLST Scripts, Shell Scripts, JIRA, Perl Scripts.
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Authorize pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured Jenkins to obtain the code from SVN and GIT, and analyzed them using the SonarQube/Sonar Scanner, built them using Maven and Selenium Tests using TestNG, and store the successfully built artifacts to Artifactory and Nexus.
- Branching and merging code lines in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR's, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's.
- Deployed the Java applications into Apache Tomcat web application server.
- Deployed the applications to WebSphere Application Server 5.0 and static content to Apache web servers.
- Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/ Hudson, Ant, MS Build, TFS Team Explorer, and SVN.
- Build Java code and .NET code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) and deployed into a Web Logic server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Utilized Jira for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Wrote Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts for compilation deployment processes.
- Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve Build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Created an Ant script for build and deploy of IBM Message Broker and Process Server applications through anthill.
- Implemented Jira with Maven2 release plugin for tracking bugs and defects
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Centos, Windows-2003,2008 servers, LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA, POSTFIX servers, LVM, Sub Version, YUM Update/RPM Manager, PERL, SHELL Scripting (BASH,KSH), Oracle, MySQL, Web Logic 10, JBOSS 4.2.x, Apache Tomcat.
- Installing, Configuring and Upgrading of Red Hat Linux AS 4.x/5.x, Solaris 9.x/10.x, Centos operating systems.
- Custom build of Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers which includes adding users, SAN, network configuration, installing application related packages, managing services.
- Configuration and administration of LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA and POSTFIX Servers in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Configured logical volumes using logical volume manager (LVM), configured mirroring and troubleshooting.
- Day to day system administrator activities which includes performance monitoring & tuning, disk space issues, send mail issues, tools related issues, FTP, Telnet and application oriented issues.
- Installation of Firewall checkpoint. Installed and configured IP Filter, to protect Linux system that was placed on the Internet.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule. in production using YUM Update/RPM Manager from repository or Red hat subscription management service.
- Activities include user administration, startup and shutdown scripts, crontab’s, file system maintenance backup scripting and automation using PERL, SHELL scripting (BASH, KSH) for Red Hat Linux systems.
- Installation and support of various applications and Databases including Oracle, MySQL along with Web Logic 10, JBOSS 4.2.x, Oracle 10g, Apache Tomcat.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta, and production environments.
- Improved overall build and deployment execution and delivery turnaround times extensively.
- Performed maintenance router and Switches , Repair Network, Cable systems Installer-Maintainer
- Established a unit level Service Desk, servicing 200+ customers. / Coordinated the installation of backbone cabling, and switches to newly acquired office spaces and buildings that required classified and unclassified network connections.
- Assured that all computer systems were updated with the latest security patches, hot fixes, and program updates to assure network credibility.
- Connected peripheral devices to the network or when needed locally on a customer's computer.
- Installed, modified, and repaired computer hardware and resolved software issues.
- Installed/Troubleshot VOIP phones.
- Provided hardware, software, network problem diagnosis, resolution via telephone, email/chat for end users.
- Provided quick time response when dealing with all network connection, and system issues.
- Installed/Troubleshot Cat5e cables from switch to end-user's location.