- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment and cloud implementation.
- Implemented on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2 , S3 , EBS , VPC , ELB , AMI , SNS , RDS , IAM , Route 53 , Auto scaling. Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud.
- Proficient level of experience on DevOps tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Subversion, GIT, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven. Expertise in cloud automation using AWS cloud FormationTemplates, Chef, Puppet.
- Ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Worked on operational support activities to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual private cloud(VPC) and public cloud.
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be build and operated on AWS.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform along with Ansible to render templates and Murano with Heat Orchestration templates in Openstack Environment.
- Developed and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and management console.
- Built S3buckets , managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage, backup on AWS.
- Created Security groups and worked with Access Control Lists ( ACL s), snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Expertise in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud and Microsoft Azure .
- Updated the Azure instance count for production services of Redbox.
- Managed Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Implemented on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including CloudFront , Cloud Watch , Cloud Trail , Cloud Formation , OPS Work , SecurityGroups .
- Expertise in monitoring and maintaining the servers and storage using AWS cloudwatch and automated deployment of websites, applications and services to production environments.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services.
- Configuring and managing Puppet master server and experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients. Configuring web server platforms such as PHP , Apache , Tomcat , WebLogic .
- Hands on experience in Writing ChefCookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration. Developed Chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re - used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes. Expertise with build automation tools like Ant and Maven.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Hands on experience with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles and Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins. Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Implemented Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Hands on experience with build tools like Jenkins, TeamCity , Sonar , Maven, ANT .
- Administering and configuring Nexus Repository Manager for Maven builds.
- Handled large volumes of container clusters with Docker swarm, kubernetes and mesos.
- Worked on several prototype projects involving clustered container orchestration and management. Contributed a MySQL cluster application to the Kubernetes project.
- Containerized all the Ticketing related applications- Spring Boot Java and Node.Js applications using Docker.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Docker in a cloud based service during production and Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python, Docker container, Service Orchestration. Implemented GIT to keep track of all changes in source code.
- Expertise in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using Clear Case, Subversion, Git and CVS version control tools.Worked with Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Hands on experience in writing Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Developed the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control. Expertise in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) .
- Linux/Unix system administrator on Redhat EL, 5.x, 6.x, CentOS 4.x,5.x and VMware environment.
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting Red Hat Linux and Windows platforms including subsystems of Linux like Kernels.
- Deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev , UAT , Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure. Extensive experience in UNIX performance tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
SCM Tools: Subversion(SVN), GIT, ClearCase, Perforce
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Buildforge and Cruisecontrol
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Automation Tools: Docker, kubernetes and Vagrant
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, ClearQuest
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack
AWS Services: EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS,EMR, Dynamo DB, Redshift
AWS RDS: PostgreSQL, Aurora, Mysql
Database System: SQL Server 2000/2005, Mongo db. Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell Scripting, Power Shell
Languages: C, C++, PHP, Java
Web Technologies: Google Web Toolkit, HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, TFS, IIS, Nginix
Network Services: FTP-Vsftpd, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinScp, SAN/NAS, MULTIPATHING, RAID LEVELS.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Centos 6.5,7, Red Hat, Windows NT/2003/2008, Microsoft windows Vista/XP/2000
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments.Coordinate/assist developers with establishing, applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion , Git source control.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml. Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI’s.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins, Packer.Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Used Configuration Management tool Chef, created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes.
- Configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation.Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Work with Docker and help improve our Continuous Delivery framework to streamline releases and reliability.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile , worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Executed Kubernetes locally with MiniKube, Created local clusters and deployable application.
- Used kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name.
- Performance Monitoring of CPU, Memory, Disks, Network using various monitoring tools like Nagios .
- Used Cloud watch logs to move application logs to S3 and create alarms based on a few exceptions raised by applications. Managed network security using L oad balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups and NACL s.
- Used CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers. Supported current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Built Cloud infrastructure for Multi-Tier Applications with Failover and High Availability Mode.
- Established connectivity to AWS resources in another VPC in another region using AWS VPC peering and strongswan/IPSEC tunnel.Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files.
- Processed large chunks of unstructured data using Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and worked extensively with the EMR cluster. Automated Regular AWS tasks like snapshots creation using python scripts.
- Configured Elastic IP and Elastic storage deployed in multiple availability zones for high availability. Supported the infrastructure with highly available EC2 instances.
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using CloudWatch. Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Documented system configurations, Instance, OS, and AMI build practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides, and keep infrastructure and architecture drawings current with changes.
- Provided oversight and guidance for the architecture, development best practices for application hosting, and infrastructure deployment for each application.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets , EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Responsible for maintaining 4-5 Different Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AWS. Developed CloudFormation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- User management including IAM level (AWS Console level)- by creating roles to allow user to switch roles and editing trust relationship to allow switch from main account to other account and at AWS Instance level as well.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Writing json templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on github (sub version control).
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up on daily basis
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment. Expert Knowledge in Bash Shell Scripting, Automation of cron Jobs.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
Environment: & Tools: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, SQS, Autoscaling, ELB, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Python, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare Vm's as required in the environment.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.Managing Custom AMI's, created AMI tags and modified AMI permissions.
- On boarded and migrated test and staging use cases for applications to AWS cloud with public and private IP ranges to increase development productivity by reducing test-run times.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud. Created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch / Splunk. Splunk platform provides real-time visibility into DevOps driven application delivery.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic LoadBalancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Deployed LAMP based applications in AWS environment, including provisioning MYSQL- RDS and establishes connectivity between EC2 instance and MySQL-RDS via security groups.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK for Log management within EC2 / ELB Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search. ELK is an open source stack for log analytics with commercial support, managed solutions from Elastic.
- Creating S3buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS. Setting data in AWS using S3bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Tested high availability of AWS-RDS-MySQL database by simulating failover from the primary database to read replicas and hence promoting read replica to primary.
- Worked on operational support activities to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual private cloud(VPC) and public cloud.
- Creating public, private subnets withinVPC and attaching them to the EC2 instances based on the requirement.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Well Versed with Configuring Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
- Used Nagios as monitoring tool to identify, resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and
- Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Developed Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points andPackages. Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirementsand overcome obstacles.Installing/upgrading Jenkins/Bamboo infrastructure on multiple servers.
- Created and updated chef recipes and cookbooks, profiles and roles using Ruby and JSON scripting Migration of all nodes from Puppet Configuration system to Chef system.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Develop and configure of Continuous Integration (CI) scripts for releases and Enhancing/Maintaining to suite the request from teams across the organization.
- Generated scripts in Maven , Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery. Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
Environment: & Tools: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB,AWS Auto Scaling, Cloud watch, CloudFormation, SVN, Git, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, chef, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Confidential, South SF, CA
- Responsible for Deployment Automation using multiple tools Chef, Jenkins, GIT, Maven Scripts.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer. Managing the database DDL, DML scripts in SVN and GIT.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies. Createdpost commitand pre-push hooksusing Python in SVN and GIT repos
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Developing maven and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of Web Logic platforms.Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Educated team about continuous integration and automated testing practices and supported them throughout development. Installed MAVEN and configured pom.xml in conventional projects for continuous integration.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.Experience in setting up the End User Security in Jenkins and Hudson .
- Created an automated application-testing framework for the CD pipeline leveraging Robot Framework integrated with Jenkins & Selenium that increased testing cycles.
- Provisioning Jenkins environment for continuous integration by easing build and testing tasks for developers.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, Weblogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Applied the test driven development methodology while developing which yielded cohesive, loosely coupled and tested code. Worked with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Ansible for continuous delivery and rewritten recipes for newenvironments.Wrote playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Worked extensively on automation engine Ansible that automates cloud provisioning, configurationmanagement, application deployment.
- Experience in designing, implementing continuous integration using Jenkins by creating Python , Perl scripts.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and development environment and performed configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Automated the deployment of applications inside software containers and Configured Docker container forbranching purposes.Worked on installing of Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR.
- Operations - Custom Shell scripts, Ruby scripts, VM and Environment management.
- Expertise on one of the project and issue tracking tools in Agile development called JIRA.
- Maintain and trouble shoot systems performance and network monitoring with Nagios.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, ISCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, filesystems, network using the tools like Nagios.
- Educated team about continuous integration and automated testing practices and supported them throughout development. Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
Environment: & Tools: Java/J2EE, Subversion, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jira, Nagios, Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Agile.
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process .Worked in a team that involved different development teams, multiple software releases.
- Developed and implemented an AgileSDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure. Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC, QALC .
- Solid understanding of Linux shell and Perl scripting , UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principles.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching , labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control. Used both GIT and BITbucket source control systems to manage code.
- Experienced in authoring POM.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Involved in writing POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Automation of the entire provisioning pipeline process (PPP) of configuration Management, prebaking and provisioning with Jenkins and Simple Workflows.
- Integrate Jenkins with different CI and CM tools available in Automation.
- Working knowledge in creating Jenkins Environment and configuring end-to-end build pipelines.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins , in multiple environments.
- Experience in administering and configuring Nexus Repository Manager for Maven builds.
- Deployed puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Actively involved in architect the puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll Out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release of Jira Application. Used scripting languages like Python , Ruby , Perl , Bash and PowerShell for configuration.
- Used Jira to track issues and Change Management.User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Worked on Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, with current focus on cloud based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
Environment: & Tools: Agile, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Puppet, Chef, Jira, Nagios WebLogic, TOMCAT, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, Unix.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Build and Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on Unix/Linux platform.
- Performed deployment of application code to production environments.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.Build and deploys J2EE applications in Web Sphere.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Perform software builds using version control tool IBM Rational ClearCase (UCM and BASE).
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM / Release Engineering services to build, deploy.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, maintained the source control system.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked with transition project that involved migration activities from Ant to Maven to standardize build across all applications. Used Nexus as a repository in Maven, worked with Snapshots and releases.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process and Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and also involved in plugin Git and schedule jobsusing Poll SCM option and also Creating the build scripts using Maven for Java projects.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion.Developed automation scripting in Python to deploy some applications.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.Used Puppet to maintain configuration on Linux servers.
- Used ClearQuest as Ticketing Tracking tool. Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
Environment: & Tools: Java/J2EE, Unix, Maven, GIT, ANT, Jenkins, Puppet, Web Sphere. Python, ClearCase, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, ClearQuest.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6) operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: & Tools: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.