- Proficient with 5+ years of experience in DevOps engineer, Build and Release engineer & system administrator
- Certified solution architect of Amazon Web Services
- Experience in automating, building, testing, deploying and releasing of code from development to pre - production
- Experience in migrating existing services from physical data centers to AWS cloud
- Practical experience in following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, IAM, Redshift, Direct Connect, RDS, DNS, SNS, SQS, Lambda
- Experience in Build automation to instantiate AWS PaaS to conform with client’s Security and Operational policies
- Proficient in high level script languages (Python and Ruby) as well as script environments like bash
- Experience in using GIT, Bit Bucket, Subversion for Version Management
- Worked on SCM tools like GIT, Bit Bucket for Tagging, Branching and Merging to maintain the version on Linux platform and used Bit Bucket to keep track of all changes in code
- Facility with development methodologies including Agile
- Expertise in Maven and ANT for building deployable artifacts such as jar, war, ear from source code
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson/Team city. By installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs
- Create Build jobs in Jenkins and monitor status of daily builds
- Knowledge in Identity and Access management (IAM)concepts and products
- Worked on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine and Docker Registry
- Created Docker Images and Docker Containers
- Experience in setting up Chef Infrastructure, Bootstrapping Nodes, creating and uploading recipes, Node convergence in Chef SCM and worked with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks to automate the given process and Ansible Tower as configuration management tools, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical application
- Experienced in installing, configuring, modifying, testing and deploying applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss
- Experience in upload/download the build artifacts JFrog Artifactory, Sonatype, Nexus
- Worked on database environments like Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Lambda and Cassandra
- Experience on various UNIX Operating systems like Linux, CentOS and Ubuntu
- Proficient knowledge (SDLC) Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure using Nagios, Splunk
Languages: Java, C/C++, SQL, MySQL
Cloud Computing: AWS, Microsoft Azure
Source Code Management: Subversion, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Bamboo
Configuration management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Virtualization Tools: Docker, VMware, VirtualBox
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud watch, Cloud Trail
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, WebLogic, Apache
Operating Systems: MacOS, Windows Server, Linux, RHEL, Ubuntu
Confidential - Minneapolis, MN
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Supported developers and QA team engineers on release process and to make various builds in particular environment.
- Experience in designing and deploying application in AWS stack including EC2, Route53, S3, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM and auto-scaling in AWS cloud Formation
- Developed Python scripts to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda and CloudWatch
- Created a feature branch in Bit Bucket and forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications
- Developed scripts to pull and push from Bit Bucket
- Wrote Jenkins file core pipeline and push to the source code management to create three stage continuous delivery pipeline
- Wrote custom groovy scripts to automate CI/CD process in Jenkins
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins
- Maintained Jenkins server to deploy into testing and pre-production environments
- Managed JFrog Artifactory on AWS, single copy of any binary is ever stored on this file system
- Used SonorQube for continuous inspection of code quality and to perform automatic reviews of code to detect bugs
- Performed general Linux/DevOps cloud tasks as required
- Developed and implement an automated Linux infrastructure using Chef
- Written Chef Cookbooks and Recipes for Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation
- Designed and developed Chef Cookbooks for automation deployment and upgrades of Commissions and Central Login System
- Hands on experience with Chef Automate to migrate the workloads with complete control and monitor the compliance barriers blocking cloud migration
- Extensive working experience in working on with agile environment and have a Full understanding of SDLC and process.
- Installed Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
Environment: AWS-VPC, EC2, Lambda, Minikube, Kubernetes, JFrog, Python, Maven, CloudFormation, Terraform, CloudWatch, Packer, Jenkins, Linux, Jira, SonorQube, New Relic, Nagios
Confidential - Washington, D.C
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures
- Performed 24/7 assistance and on call deployments of application codes to production environments
- Implemented code builds and automated deployment procedures
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly build, test and deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases
- Resolved system issues and insistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams
- Maintain and enhance current build procedures for all software development projects
- Setup the Jenkins server to build the jobs providing a continuous, automated scheduled QA build environment based on GIT repositories for deployments
- Expert knowledge on CI/CD processes drove releases, automated release process
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java, Python projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and experience in software build tools like Apache Maven to write a pom.XML
- Creating multiple Docker containers to make our build system more efficiently
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks
- Installed Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life
- Written Ansible Playbooks in yaml to provision several pre-production environments and several proprietary middleware installations
- Installed and maintained monitoring tool like Nagios, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Stackdriver etc
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at different stages of agile development
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services specifically on AWS EC2
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS stack including EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation
- Installed and Configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Chef, Ant, Maven, Docker, Ruby, SVN 1.6 & 1.7, Nagios, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Stackdriver
- Designed and developed APIS and Web Application for SaaS Metrics Application.
- Designed and developed ansible playbooks for automation deployment and upgrades of Commissions and Central Login System.
- Designed and developed migration of Business Objects servers in Rundeck from Solaris x86 to Red hat Linux.
- Designed and automated the whole build and release for various products with Single click in Jenkins.
- Designed and developed RPMS for various Callidus products.
- Designed and developed Continuous Integration jobs for Commissions and Central Login System in Jenkins.
- Designed Alerts for the Databases through Oracle Enterprise Monitoring.
- Designed and Implemented Monitoring Tool Sensu for various Alerts.
- Responsible for design and development of web pages using HTML, CSS including AJAX controls and XML
- Coordinated with BA group for better understanding of functional requirements analyzed and designed the business requirements to documented and implemented
- Developed portals for implementing health care benefits of the employees
- Created various web page layouts using HTML and CSS
- Responsible for developing, editing, publishing and managing content on the external Web pages and internal layouts
- Used Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) in web pages to separate presentation from structure
- Defined text alignment, size, borders and many other typographic characteristics
- Fixed bugs and provided support services for the application