- 7 + years of experience in IT industry in various roles as DevOps, Cloud Engineer, Build and Release Engineer with excellent experience in Software Integration, Configuration, Packaging, Building, Automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploy to servers, support and maintenance under Unix/Linux/VM's Platforms.
- Designed and created multiple Deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and Configuration Management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Ansible/ Chef and knowledge on Salt.
- Experienced in Branching, Tagging and maintaining the versions across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Deployed code from the repository using source & version control tools like GIT and SVN.
- Created hooks and managed permissions on the branches for Git.
- Experience with Ansible Environment and involved in developing Playbooks.
- Expert in installing and using Splunk apps for UNIX and Linux.
- Worked on Jenkins and Maven for Build management to automate the software build.
- Experience in continuous integration technologies Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Working knowledge of Build scripts & automated solutions using various scripting languages like Shell, Ruby, Python and Bash.
- Experience in creating Cookbooks to deploy tomcat and Java applications using Chef.
- Worked on installing and managing different monitoring tools like Nagios.
- Experience in Deploying to and administering in the use of Nginix, Tomcat and Apache web server.
- Knowledge about Splunk architecture and various components (Indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server)
- Experience in Amazon AWS Cloud Services, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53, Cloud Watch, AWS Code Commit, AWS Code Deploy.
- Created and wrote Shell Scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Good in Linux and Windows environments.
- Knowledge on protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS and SSL/TLS.
- Knowledge on databases like MySQL, Mongo DB, Dynamo DB.
Operating Systems: Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.0, Ubuntu, CentOS Windows Server … 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Languages Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby, JSON, YAML, Jquery, Java Script, Perl, Java.
Cloud & Virtual Tools: Amazon Web Services, Virtual Box, VMware (vSphere, ESXi 4.x, 5.x, 6, vCenter).
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Version Control Tools: Subversion, Git, Clearcase
Web / Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx
Build & Release Tools: Ant, Maven
Databases: Mysql, MS Sql Server 2008 R2, Oracle
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk
Configuration & Management/ AWS Engineer
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using DevOps Technologies like Chef & Puppet.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Proficient in using all amazon web services like EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB, RDS, VPC, ROUTE 53, Cloud Watch, Kinesis, KMS, Cloud Formation Templates, Auto scaling groups (ASG)etc.
- Involved in Design & Architectural Diagrams for different applications before migrating into Amazon cloud for flexible, cost - effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured
- Created the Release process of the artifacts. Created cookbooks and recipes in Chef for continuous deployment.
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure using Chef.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management & Applications, manage Web Applications, Configuration Files.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Docker containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Apache Tomcat using Docker and integrated with Amazon MySQL RDS database.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Created and designed the AWS Cloud Formation Templates to create and test stacks in different environments according to the application developer's plan &strategies.
- Experience in cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Experienced in deploying applications into Elastic Beanstalk Environment using cloud formation templates.
- Worked on Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's.
- Experienced in automation and continuous integration process with both Open Source Jenkins & Cloud bees Enterprise Jenkins.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash, shell, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting languages.
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tool like Ant, Maven and Jenkins, automated various builds and deployments using these tools.
- Experienced in Using Jenkins to perform automated Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool Jenkins.
Environment: Chef, Docker Amazon Web Services EC2, Route 53, S3, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch Alarms, Cloud Formation, SNS, SES, SQS, Lambda, EBS Snapshots, Cloud Front, AWS CLI, CloudBees Jenkins, SVN, GIT, CollabNet's Team Forge.
Devops/AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration, and Migration, Trouble-Shooting and Maintenance of Splunk, Apache Web Server on different UNIX flavors like Linux.
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Implemented migration of Source Code Repository to AWS Code Commit.
- Deployed code in to the required environments using AWS Code Deploy.
- Deployed and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Automation of AWS infrastructure via Ansible, and Jenkins - software and services configuration using Ansible Playbooks.
- Used Ansible to orchestrate software upgrades and verify functionality.
- Created Inventory in Ansible for automating the Continuous Delivery.
- Developed Build using MAVEN as build tool and used CI tools to move builds from one environment to other environments.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Launched and configured Mysql instances on both EC2 and RDS.
- Built servers using AWS services like Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications
- Install and configure Apache, Nginx and Drupal on Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Knowledge on Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud Formation Json templates.
- Strong Splunk UI experience and able to debug expensive search queries.
- Participate in change management on JIRA.
- Used Identity Access & Management for Creation of Groups and policies.
- Log files analysis to resolve issues using Ruby scripts.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3and load balancers.
- Scripting in multiple languages on Linux, windows - Bash, Shell etc.
Environment: AWS, Splunk, Jenkins, RHEL, Python, Azure, Subversion, Bash, Hudson, NT Command Shell, Java/J2EE, Maven, Ansible, JIRA, XML, Java, SQL.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for all software builds, including continuous integration builds, nightly builds, and release builds.
- Management and creation of Maven poms and Ant tasks.
- Monitoring and maintaining the health of the engineering environments
- Created and updated chef recipes and cookbooks, profiles and roles using Ruby and JSON scripting Migration of all nodes from Puppet Configuration system to Chef System.
- Used Jenkins for the continuous integration process, automation and assisted in the code coverage and analysis by generating reports
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Chef configuration management system.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python and coordinated application releases with Development and DBA teams.
- Designed and developed the tools to allow efficient configuration management, build and release of software developed in J2EE, XML and DB2 instances.
- Installation of JIRA, and customization of JIRA for workflow.
- Configure and maintained Jenkins on Tomcat servers & setup continuous integration automation by prompting certified packages through various stages in SDLC.
- Used defect tracking system in Jira & managed various requests to enhance workflows and added / updated components user permissions, etc.
- Used package repository with Nexus & Implemented Maven workflow to use public JAR files and packages to this central repository.
- Implanted a continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub. Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins our continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Wrote scripts in Python & Shell scripting to customize build, promotion and release process.
- Developed and documented a branching strategy.
- Configured, maintained and administered Linux systems that host build and release engineering apps by constantly monitoring system load and memory consumption.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet& Chef full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of build and install on different environments.
- Perform database changes related to the Connection Center website in both the production and development environments.
AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on LINUX platform.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible to perform Build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Configured the Hosted, Proxy and Virtual repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts within company.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Designed the Release Plans while coordinating with Stake Holders including Project Management Lead, Development Lead and QA Team Lead.
- Dealt with Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Managed builds and wrote Build scripts for JAVA and WebSphere based applications.
- Maintained source code repository in subversion, GIT.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Anthill Pro.
- Create and setup automated nightly build environment for Java projects using Maven.
- Ensure that the builds are consistent after being ported from different platforms.
- Developed scripts using BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their Status.
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch
- Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures.
- Suggested and implemented the process of nightly builds and auto deployments, for fast paced applications.
- Worked closely with Business analysts and Project managers to meet release and build schedule deadlines. Environment: Jenkins, Maven, JIRA, Clover, JUnit, JMock, Nexus, NUnit, SVN, Git.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of VxVM, VxCS and Vxfs for Linux servers.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Configuration of Kernel parameters as per application requirement.
- Implementation of SSH for secure transfers and implementation of PKI between servers to enable password less logins between servers.
- Writing Shell Scripts for managing day-to-day transactions & for automation of routine tasks.
- Installed/configured EMC Storage with 0, 1& 5 RAID configurations.
- Performed all System Administration tasks like Cron jobs, installing packages, and patches.
- Installed/configured EMC Storage with 0, 1& 5 RAID configurations.
- Configured and installed Automountand Jumpstart.
- Configuring and maintaining Kickstart and CFengine server used by hundreds of servers.
- Installing and setting up Oracle and Websphere on Linux for the development team.
- Worked with storage teams to split the R1 and R2 disk groups to enable the SAN disks to read/ write mode on DR servers and worked with DBA's and software system analyst to troubleshoot and testing the functionality of their applications for both Prod and DR servers.
- Troubleshooting various problems related to VxVM in initializing, replacing, mirroring, encapsulating and removing disk devices on various Production Boxes.
- Organizing DR (Disaster Recovery) server tests to make sure the infrastructure is correct and the DR servers are working as expected as in production servers.
- Programming in Bash shell scripting to install software, configure servers and do general maintenance of Linux servers and Desktops.
- Configured Mail relaying, virtual host, POP3 and IMAP4 services and enforced security policies.
- Experience in installing, administering, updating/upgrading ESX/ESXi servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager and manualupgrades.