- Certified AWS DevOps Engineer with 9+ Years of rich experience in product development as well as software services with professional Experience comprising of System Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration (CI),Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- Over 4+ years of rich experience in setting up enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, ELB, EBS, S3, Auto - Scaling, AMI, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation , VPC, CodeDeploy , Elastic Beanstalk , CloudWatch, Cloud Trial etc.
- Experienced with Cloud Migrations to IAAS Platforms like AWS, OpenStack, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Championed in cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Proficient with SCM tools - Ansibel, Chef, Salt and Puppet for Deployment.
- Experienced in database technology such as Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, MySQL, PostgreSql and NoSQL databases such as Apache Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Proficient with PYTHON, Ruby, PowerShell, Pearl, Groovy and Bash scripting.
- Have strong experience in LINUX/Unix System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration and Troubleshooting of RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x Servers.
- Possess extensive experienced in Hudson/Jenkins , Bamboo, BuildForge and Team City for continuous integration and for the end to end automation of builds and deployments.
- Experienced with Nexus , NuGet and Artifactory Repository for Maven and Ant builds.
- Hands on experience in container based technologies Kubernetes , Docker and ECS .
- Rich experience in using Build and Automation tools like ANT, Maven and Gradle.
- Expertise in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the versions across the environments using SCM tools like SVN, TFS, GIT , CVS, Perforce.
- Experienced in working with IT infrastructure monitoring tools like NagiOS , CloudWatch, Zabbix, Datadog, AppDynamics and Splunk.
- Experience in administering, integrating, and supporting middleware technologies like WebSphere Application Server, Weblogic, IIS, Apache Tomcat, Ngnix and JBOSS.
- Rich experience in using Jenkins , UDeploy , Octopus Deploy, Bamboo as Continuous Deployment tools to setup automated and scheduled deployments.
- Experienced with Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy.
- Experienced with DevOps/ Agile operations process and tools (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experienced with Openshift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Experienced with Code Quality tools like Sonar, JUnit, Jacoco.
- Proficient with test automation tools like HP QTP, Selenium, JMeter, SOAPUI.
- Experience with CI/CD in containerized micro services environment.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE
Version Tools: SVN, GIT, Perforce, TFS CI-CD Tools Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Udeploy, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, TFS
Web technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, JAVA Script, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JQuery, PHP
CM Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, OpsWork
Provisioning Tools: Terraform, CloudFormation
Languages: C, C++, C#,Python, Java, Java Script, HTML, CSS
Scripting: Bash Scripting, Python, Ruby, Pearl
Database: Oracle 11g, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, DYNAMODB, Cassandra, MongoDB
Operating Systems: Windows server 2000/2003/2007/2008/ XP, LINUX (RHEL 4/5/6/7), UNIX(11.0,11.11,11.23), Centos
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Open stack, Docker, Azure
Virtulization: Vmware, Vagrant, Docker, Elastic Container Service, Kubernetes
Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Datadog, Zabbix, Splunk, Sumologic, ELK
Networking/ Protocols: DNS, Telnet, LDAP, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, SCP, SSL, ARP, DHCP and POP3
App/Web servers: Apache Tomcat 7/8/9.x, JBoss 7.x, IBM Web sphere, Apache Web Server, Oracle Web logic, Ngnix
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
AWS DevOps Engineer / Monitoring
- Contribute to the design and implementation of continuous integration and delivery processes and systems for highly available and performant application stacks.
- Responsible for the definition, design, construction, integration, testing, and support of reliable and reusable software solutions.
- Responsible for implementing monitoring solutions in Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Setup AWS infrastructure monitoring through Datadog and application performance monitoring through App Dynamics.
- Automate Datadog Integrations through Ansible Scripts for QA, Regression and Prod environments.
- Automate Datadog Dashboards with the stack through Terraform Scripts.
- Integrate Datadog in Jenkins pipeline and Automate the Dashboard and Alerts.
- Migrate infrastructure monitoring from Zabbix to Datadog.
- Write terraform scripts for Cloudwatch Alerts.
Environment: AWS, Tomcat, EC2, S3, RDS, Ansible, Terraform, Datadog, AppDynamics, Docker, Nomad, Consul, Jenkins, Jira, Git, Linux, Shell, Python.
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
Infrastructure/ DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for Implementation, design, architecture, and support of cloud based solutions across multiple platforms.
- Infrastructure (ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity through proper response to incidents, events and problems)
- Create and maintain highly scalable and fault tolerant multi-tier AWS and Azure environments spanning across multiple availability zones using Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Write terraform scripts from scratch for building Dev, Staging, Prod and DR environments.
- Involved in design and deployment of multitude of cloud services on AWS stack such as EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, while focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Developed strategy to migrate Dev/Test/Production from an enterprise VMware infrastructure to the IaaS Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment.
- Create Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating
- Migrate existing CI-CD setup from Teamcity and Salt to Jenkins and Ansible.
- Automated Regular AWS tasks like snapshots creation using Python scripts
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backup.
- Developed Ansible Plays to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Responsible for creating Jenkins pipeline for deployment using Ansible.
- Used Atlassain products like JIRA, Confluence for issue tracking, documentation and code integration.
- Worked in conjunction with multiple teams to make sure that the infrastructure and customer applications work harmoniously together.
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, RDS, Docker, Kubernetes, Tomcat, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Groovy, Linux, Shell, Teamcity, Salt, CloudFormation, Jira, Git.
Confidential, Overland Park, Kansas
- Worked on release management & deployment tools like AWS Code Pipeline, Cloud Formation, AWS Code Deploy.
- Designed and implemented a SOA microservice with a JSON HTTP REST API for recent activity feeds using AWS SQS.
- Worked on microservices framework like Spring Boot, Jersey, Swagger.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Implemented Microservices in load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Created a Continuous Delivery process to include support building of Docker Images
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Docker.
- Deployed .NET and JAVA applications to application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment
- Create develop and test environments of different applications by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on AWS using Docker, Ansible, and Terraform
- Utilized Ansible and Chef as configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure across multiple environments.
- Followed agile principles and used JIRA for maintenance and Bug development tasks.
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch, AppDynamics, CloudTrial and NagiOs.
- Performed all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS
- Install Configure and Manage Monitoring Tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Cloudwatch for Resource Monitoring.
- Create build and deployment plans and schedule per requirement. Attend and update risks to Change & release board meetings.
- Created automation and deployment templates for Relational and NOSQL databases (standalone and RDS), including Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB in AWS.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the AWS cloud using Jenkins
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Nagios, Jira, AWS, Confluence, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Web Logic, Tomcat, Shell Scripts, Python, Zabbix, SumoLogic, AppDynamics, NagiOS.
- As an AWS Devops Engineer, I was responsible for automation and orchestration of cloud services offerings on AWS.
- I worked with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Migrated servers to IAAS platform including AWS and OpenStack environment.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI, Red hat, Ubuntu Instances.
- Involved in loading data from On-premises data warehouse to AWS's Cloud using different approaches like Sqoop, Spark and AWS Services
- Identified the automation opportunities from the day to day operations. Helped developers by automating the routine tasks.
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed Ansible Plays to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Implemented automation with Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment and development.
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers
- Installed and configured splunk for log monitoring and also forwarded system stats to splunk indexer, created dashboards and alerts using this data
- Managed the configurations of the instances using Ops code Chef. Written and modified various Cookbooks/Recipes for better management of the systems.
- Administration of Web based Internet/Intranet Client/Server multi-tire distributed applications; Installing Patches & packages on Linux Servers.
- Migrated VMware ESX 3.5 to ESX 4.0&vSphere ESXi 4.1 to ESXi 5.0.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Subversion, GIT, GITHUB, Docker, OpenStack, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, LINUX, UNIX, Windows XP, SQL.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Develop and implement an automate Linux infrastructure using Puppet.
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool with Jenkins.
- Deployed AWS and Openstack components on multimode with high availability environment.
- Worked on build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using Python, Perl and engaged in bash/ruby/shell scripting.
- Maintain Source Code Repository using GITHUB and performed different operations like Branching, Merging and Tagging as needed
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Create component templates and Component processes in IBM uDeploy, Configured Jenkins Jobs to work with uDeploy for post build kick-off's.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS OpsWorks stacks across 4 product platforms.
- Worked on Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- VMware ESX/ESXi 5.x installation, configuration and maintaince.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Puppet, Chef, OpenStack, Ant, Maven, GIT, SVN, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Sonar, Jira, Remedy, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, uDeploy, Jenkins.
Build and Release Engineer
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) solution using Jira, Clear Quest (Change Control tool)
- Used Team Foundation Server TFS and GIT as Version Control.
- Maintained servers used to build product releases. Installed daily builds on QA machines and ran preliminary performance Smoke Tests
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Tracked all the changes in Jira tracking tool and provided metrics reporting for the project release activities.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Successfully migrated SharePoint 2007 content into SharePoint 2010 using a database attach upgrade.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into WebSphere Application servers.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Git, MS Build, XML, Jenkins, Anthill pro, JIRA, Visual studio, PowerShell, Shell Scripts, Windows, Web Sphere Application Server.
Java Developer/ Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in design, development, Object Oriented Analysis and testing of the application.
- Developed Action Servlet, Action Form, Action Class, Java Beans classes using Struts Framework.
- Designed and Implemented the J2EE Based with JDBC in Eclipse IDE.
- Work directly with management, vendors, and third parties to ensure database management applications operate at peak efficiency.
- Worked on Java server side programming using Servlets, and JSP. CSS is used to style Web pages, XHTML and XML markup.
- Involved in Java, J2EE code deployment using Jenkins Jobs and Cron Jobs.
- Solved complex build/deployment processes throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Assist in maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN
- Responsible for migrating code from CVS and Perforce to Subversion and Git based on the requirements.
- Automated the JUNIT test cases to test the applications business logic.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.