- 9+ years’ experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM), Change Management (CM), build automation, Release Management (RM) and DevOps experience in large and small software development organizations.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Extensive work experience on setting up servers and configuring/monitoring/ administering Admin Servers, Managed Servers and Node Manager.
- Experience in handling all the aspects of Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Load Balancing, Clustering, Deploying Applications, Performance Tuning and Maintenance of cloud.
- Exemplary working experience on Unix/Linux and windows OS
- Strong experience in Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure services like EC2, VPC, IAM, RDS, SES, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Elastic Load Balancers.
- Migrated the conventional environment to AWS-EC2, S3, EBS, EMR, ELB, EBS, Kinesis, Redshift, Matillion, chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Jira, Dockers, Vagrant, OpenStack - Nova, Neutron, Swift, Cinder, and VMware .
- Absolutely, perfect skill in configuring the VPC, subnets, Internet gateways, Nat gateways, security groups.
- Expert in building Amazon cloud virtual infrastructure.
- Migrated the DB to AWS S3 using and then to AWS REDSHIFT
- Experience in AWS Database Migration Service(AWS DMS) target as the oracle Data Base.
- AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- P e rf or med a p pli ca ti on se rve r builds i n EC2 enviro nment a nd moni toring th e m usi ng c loud wa tch.
- Racked and installed ESXi servers and added to vCenter clusters
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms
- Well versed with Deployment, Migration, Patching and Maintenance of middleware applications.
- Configure a new domain, manage server logs, monitoring server activities, configuration of server properties.
- Worked with Development teams regarding infrastructure, configuration management, recovery/ restore and AWS services as part of cloud solutions projects
- Expertise in writing scripts using Python for starting, stopping servers, Node managers and deploying applications.
- Experience in Configuration and release management in DevOps support model using tools such as Puppet, Ansible and Chef.
- Create Chef Recipes, automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experience writing Shell and Perl scripts to automate the deployments.
- Automated build scripts using Cruise Control with ANT, Maven and Shell Scripts.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven and Ant builds.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo).
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, willingness to learn new concepts and acceptance of challenges.
- Strong listening, interpersonal & ability to learn multiple technologies.
- Capable of working in a group as well as independently with excellent communication skills.
- Good technical, business, presentation and time management skills.
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA, SQL Python, shell scripting
Operating Systems: RHEL, Solaris, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, JS, CSS
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, ANT, Maven, Jenkins
Version Control: GitHub, TFS, SVN
Monitoring Tools: Data dog, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Nagios
Database: Oracle 9i/10g, MySQL, MS SQL Server, DB2
Networking & Protocols: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SSL
Other Essentials: Vagrant, Docker, VScode, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Ant, Atlassian s Jira Stash Bitbucket
Confidential, Orlando, FL
AWS and DevOps Engineer
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based on automation Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS and Digital Ocean
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Launched and configured The Amazon EC2 (AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, Lambda and IAM through AWS cloud Formation templates.
- Worked with Cloud Watch to setup Alarms and notify them using SNS.
- Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian/Redhat, CentOS and SUSE Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS Ops Works stacks across 4 product platforms
- Also, Extensively Involved in the Installation, Configuration &Upgradation of Linux Operating Systems such as RHEL 6/ RHEL 7/Solaris 9/10.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Kubernetes
- Used Kubernetes to make it easier to organize and schedule our applications across a fleet of machines
- Used PowerShell for DevOps in Windows-based system
- Enabled AWS, Microsoft Azure deployments for UAT environments
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Administration of RHEL 4, 5, 6 and Solaris 9, 10 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build and install on different environments.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Used Puppet for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Azure, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, Subversion, Powershell Scripting, Linux, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, Docker, Check style, Jenkins, bitbucket, CentOS, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Responsible for maintaining 4-5 Different Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AWS.
- Rehydration of AWS servers are performed periodically to upgrade the application's infrastructure to have latest OS and configuration.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services( AWS )
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion ( SVN ) and Git source control.
- Migrating and maintaining build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments.
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git.
- Implemented, maintained, and supported reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure, and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, and managing Docker volumes.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Used Cloud watch logs to move application logs to S3 and create alarms based on a few exceptions raised by applications.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups and NACLS.
- Built Cloud infrastructure for Multi-Tier Applications with Failover and High Availability Mode.
- Supported current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- Documented system configurations, Instance, OS, and AMI build practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides, and keep infrastructure and architecture drawings current with changes.
- Provided oversight and guidance for the architecture, development best practices for application hosting, and infrastructure deployment for each application.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up on daily basis
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Automated local dev environment using Vagrant/chef-solo, Ansible.
- Solid ability to create automation with Chef , Puppet , Ansible or a shell and Node JS , Angular JS.
Environment: Java, Linux, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, GIT, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, SQS, Auto scaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
DevOps E ngineer
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant Scripts to maven.
- Experience with build tools ANT and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively.
- CVS is used for access control strategies.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Creation of branches in CVS and Subversion for parallel development process.
- Merging release branches back to trunk after the production release and resolving of conflicts during merging in both CVS and Subversion.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Worked on Build and Release management methodologies and Software procedures in all aspects of SDLC.
- Knowledge of puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage changes
- Built Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Used Puppet as a configuration management tool on DOCKER containers for some scripts.
- Well Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process. knowledge in managing Sonatype Nexus/Artifactory repositories for the maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Wrote Ansible: playbooks, tasks, roles, templates.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Experience writing Shell and Perl scripts to automate the deployments
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
Environment: Jenkins, Open stack, Python, Chef, Perl, Ruby, Shell, CVS, ANT,Maven, AWS, Puppet, GIT, Tomcat, Java/J2EE, Nexus, Tortoise SVN, JIRA, bamboo, Kickstart
Build and Release Engineer
- Designing, developing, and implementing new methods and procedures of the technical solution that meets the requirements of the project. Designs may involve major and highly complex systems.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Jboss
- Followed and Implemented Water Fall Methodology guidelines throughout application development and testing.
- Used Quality Center for Test Cases Documentation and updating the Test Results.
- Exported Test Cases from Excel to Quality Center
- Used Quality Center and Clear Quest for Defect Tracking.
- Worked closely with Test Data Management team for data scrubbing. Used to send work order requests to Test Data Management team when sensitive data exists in source tables.
- Involved in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes Designing and Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Extensively used and executed SQL and PL/SQL to validate functionality.
- Developed SQL Queries and Procedures to perform database testing.
- Involved in the documentation of the complete testing process.
- Created Test Completion reports.
- Created RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) document.
- Always used to interact with Developers to escalate testing issues and to take their valuable inputs for successful completion of Testing.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using Java, writing Shell Scripts on UNIX
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Hudson/Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Jira, Apache, JBoss XML MySQL, WebSphere, Shell, Open Stack.
- Administration of Sun Servers (SPARCandx86) running Solaris10 and Dell, HP Servers running SUSE, Red hatEL3, 4.x, 5 which included jumpstarting, performing live upgrades of Solaris
- OperatingsystemsandKick-startingRedhatEL3, 4.x, 5.
- Administration and support of Unix Servers including SUSE, Solaris, HP-UX & Red Hat Linux, and CentOS.
- Creating an Open stack cluster composed of 1 controller node, 1 network node, 3 compute nodes
- Worked on scripting (power shell preferred).
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Integrated Maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications. Managed the deployment activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less ssh communication between the servers and utilizing the rsync utility in the shell scripts.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Consolidated infrastructure resources to cloud managed resources, Designed and Implemented Cisco UCS Director, VMware vCloud Suite and EMC ViPR Controller, ViPR SRM as well as RedHat OpenStack based cloud solutions, with backend EMC ScaleIO for block storage, Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) for object storage and Isilon Storage for file and VBLOCK Storage based solutions for various clients.
- Created Chef driven configuration of user accounts.
- Installed and configured Cassandra cluster and CQL on the cluster.
- Monitoring the servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing24x7 on call support rotation basis.
Environment: s: - Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), UNIX, Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat, SAN, RAID levels, SUSE, CQL, VMware, Maven, ANT, Jenkins.